IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Well today's call came early at 8.45 so I knew we hadn't made blast criteria, and I was right. The quints are all still safe in the lab, but they're all not developing at the same pace. So we go in at 1.40 today for a double embryo transfer! They think we might also have two that we can freeze, but she did warn me that anything could happen in the next few hours.

So I'm a little sad, but also excited... Fx in about 5 hours we'll be PUPO with twins! :dance:

I'm stuck on the sofa at the minute thanks to my bullet, but I now need to get up and do some things so that once we're home later I can stay on the sofa and let them get settled
:dust:

So happy for you girl! :happydance::happydance:

AFM- well, I made it through my EC! the procedure went really fast and it was nice being knocked out for the whole thing. they retrieved 30 follies!!!! crazy! my ovaries sure were working hard! :winkwink: i better get some nice embryos from that bunch! i am pretty sore and just taking vicodin every 4-6 hours to help relieve the pain. my ET should be this sunday if all goes well! hope everyone else is doing good! i'm going to get some rest! :hugs:

Crikey Pet that's a bumper crop of eggs! Make sure you keep up your fluids so you don't get ohss. Rest up girl the fun sure begins at transfer!

Kelly glad the bloating is almost gone. Fx the ms doesn't stay around too long.

Princess, you sound very organised! I think fate has already decided how many babies we will have. You just do what you feel comfortable with.

T hello honey, good to hear you can start your next cycle so soon.

AQ. Step away from the pee sticks. I read somewhere that you should be able to test 11 days after a 3 day transfer, so that would be 12 days after for you I think, which I think is next Tuesday?

Hello everyone else. Thinking of you all :flower:

Nothing going on with me, just picturing my beanie babies turning into Blasts today :dust:

Hope thats a nice bit of visualisation.... :thumbup:

AQ im with you with the swinging, felt pretty pre menstrual yesterday and i dont thing todays gonna be any better... :hugs:

Hi Trask..

Pet thats a mega amount of eggs, no wonder your sore... rest up and good luck with your fertilisation report... :happydance:

Kelly glad your feeling so much better... even with the dreaded ms... :hugs:

Princess you sure are organised, good luck with your appointment and i hope its wagons roll once your there.... :hugs:

Amirini good luck on your scan.. :hugs:

afm like AQ im doing a bit of mood swinging... one minute up the next down. Cant say im loving the progesterone either it gives you a ton of symptoms and makes you feel worse!!! anyway gonna crawl back under my rock...

You ladies all have a good day.....:hugs::hugs:

Pet- WOW 30 eggs!! you make sure you drink tons of water to stop ohss and rest up. x

Hope- lol. I was not planning on testing now. haha. im not even that bad. I am going to test on Halloween which is a few days earlier than OTD but lots of women have got their bfp around 10dp2dt so hoping i can be as lucky if there is one to be had of course :) how are u coping? x

Princess- Aww well thats good that you have gone into things and how weird that someone could come looking for you when they are 18! that is a odd thought isnt it? does it not bother you at all? i would be a bit freaked out x

Lou- The mood swings are shocking arent they?! i cant cope with them tbh x

Hi to everyone else x

Ok girls this is a TMI post... I was awake half the night with sharp pains in my lower regions and also quite strong cramps, i am terrified af is on her way! i was crying to dh at 5am telling him im sure its not worked and then just about half hr ago i went the loo and had spasms and loose stools(not full on runs) and whilst that was happening my mouth was watering horribly like i was going to vomit so i had to grab the bin just incase but i never ended up being sick. I am so scared what all this means? could they be side effects of progestrone or do we think af is coming? i am so upset. Sorry for negativity this morning xxx

Oh AQ you poor thing. Don't lose your PMA yet Hun. Have you ever felt like this before AF before? It might be the progresterone. Have you been going to the bathroom normally before this? Progresterone causes constipation because it's a muscle relaxant and if you have been bunged up until now it could just be your body having a clear out.

Hmm here you go. Could just be side effects of the progesterone.

MORE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration notes that there are some common side effects to drugs that contain micronized progesterone and some of these include breast discomfort, anxiety, depressed sexual interest, an increase in breast size and atypical menstrual bleeding. If you are taking micronized progesterone you may feel unusually hungry, have stomach cramping or discomfort, experience backaches or suffer from headaches. Other unintended effects include upper respiratory tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, feeling sleepy and hair loss. You may also have disrupted sleep, feelings of moodiness, melancholy or despair, an upset stomach or you may retain water. While taking the drug you may find that you frequently have to get up at night to urinate, have aching joints, become constipated, throw up or have loose stools.

Thanks Hope! those symptoms pretty much point to my sickness being causes by the progestrone doesnt it? i pray so anyway. I just could not deal with af showing before i even get to OTD. I know i dont have much say in the matter tho.
I will try and keep positive but it is so very hard at the moment.
How are u doing so far? xxx

Tbf AQ there is a bit of a bug going round that could warrant the poops nd sickness (just an idea :haha: but they could be side effects of the progesterone, I hope you feel better soon and don't loose hope!

Also AQ as far as the some one looking for me at 18 goes, Im slightly wierded out by it nd they give us counselling to deal with it but they go on like it's a 100% honestly if I Jaffa had a doner egg but I carried it and give birth, I don't see the point in telling the child, if that child is gunna see pictures of ultrasounds and of their mom giving birth to them why would there even be a question of it, my cousin is a lesbian and she had a sperm doner for her daughter, and obviously sperm diners are harder to explain cuz the child's gunna be wondering where there dad is, so with this it's a matter of if the eggs even fertilise or take for thd mother then if the parents tell the child then if the child decides to come looking for me and if they can find me (in 18 years I could have moved a million times!) so I'm not gunna panic about it now, more cross the bridge if it comes!

Wow that was long winded :rofl:

Hope - my DH actually moans about me being to organised but as far as this process is concerned this is the making of our baby (hopefully) so I want it all documented and stored so it can go with the scrapbook and stuff, plus with the amount of paper work we've got I needed to put it all somewhere :haha: got another 20 forms to fill out when we get there!

Pet - wow 30 eggs!! Thats a big haul there! Can't believe on Sunday you'll be PUPO too, how many eggs are you having put back?

Lou keep up that PMA! When's your otd?

Afm typical the clinic asked Me the other day how often my cycles were and were they regular, so I said 28-30 days or vary rarely 28 - 33 days and that they were very regular lately every 28th day like clockwork, and after saying that I'm now on cd 33 And no signs of af! :dohh: always the way isn't it!

I don't think i missed anyone - sorry if I did :hugs: it's hard to keep track of who just pops in and out now :flow:

Yeah Princess i often think why do the parents of a donor egg child tell them?! seems pointless when there is no way the child would find out... i guess if they needed a donor organ or bone marrow etc they might have to know but the chances of that are slim!?
I think its a great gift what u are giving anyway and i hope u get your BFP xxx

Oo I never thought of the doner organ :dohh: thankyou AQ I hope you get your bfp too! :hugs:

Btw I just noticed you were from Liverpool and ended up reading your entire post in a scouser accent :rofl:

Hmm here you go. Could just be side effects of the progesterone.

MORE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration notes that there are some common side effects to drugs that contain micronized progesterone and some of these include breast discomfort, anxiety, depressed sexual interest, an increase in breast size and atypical menstrual bleeding. If you are taking micronized progesterone you may feel unusually hungry, have stomach cramping or discomfort, experience backaches or suffer from headaches. Other unintended effects include upper respiratory tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, feeling sleepy and hair loss. You may also have disrupted sleep, feelings of moodiness, melancholy or despair, an upset stomach or you may retain water. While taking the drug you may find that you frequently have to get up at night to urinate, have aching joints, become constipated, throw up or have loose stools.

Oo I never thought of the doner organ :dohh: thankyou AQ I hope you get your bfp too! :hugs:

Btw I just noticed you were from Liverpool and ended up reading your entire post in a scouser accent :rofl:

:haha: that has just made me giggle. Thanks Princess xxx

Princess I think you are doing something truly amazing. I can't think why anyone would tell their child about them being from an egg donor either.

AQ sounds like progesterone side effects or a tummy bug to me. Stay positive girl :dust:

Afm I'm tired today -just had to take a nap - and my ovaries hurt. They feel crampy and I can't sit up, I had my laptop out for about an hour and then I tried to stand up and literally fell back in the chair from the cramp. So I'm back to reclining on the sofa with my iPad and watching Ellen for my daily giggle session! Our nurse told me after transfer that laughter helps implantation. I'm also real thirsty today but I think I've nearly had my 2 litres and I was told not to drink more than that :(

hope ive never heard about that laughter but it makes sense because apparently happy endorphins have healing qualitys and stuff :haha:
honestly tho i dont get the telling the doner egg child about it either :shrug:

xx

Pet - wow 30 eggs!! Thats a big haul there! Can't believe on Sunday you'll be PUPO too, how many eggs are you having put back?

30 eggs is crazy isn't it??? i sure am not complaining though! just really sore :cry: i am drinking lots and lots of fluids and getting my rest. gotta go back to work on friday! my husband and i are thinking about just putting 1 egg back. my doctor said that since i am so young and my egg quality is good, that we shouldn't have to do more than 1.

AFM-hope everyone is doing well! AQ keep a PMA hun!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs: to everyone!!!!

Well ladies the cramps are getting more and more like af is on the way and i feel the usual "heavy" feeling i get when she is due :-( i am convinced she is going to come any second so keep knicker checking. I pray im wrong but i dont think i will be xxx

I pray your wrong too AQ!

Also typical after I posted about af being a no show, af cramps have started.

PMA AQ!! :flow:

Oh no AQ dont say that. Cramps can be a good sign too hun. I pray its your embie snuggling in, keep the PMA up hun :hugs:

Pets wow!! 30 eggs thats amazing. Like the other have said make sure you drink plenty to keep ohss at bay :thumbup:

Princess Yay! for AF cramps :happydance: does this mean you can get started?

AQ honey I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed that it's implantation you're feeling because it would be the right time for it :dust:

Princess you however I do hope the witch arrives for :dust:

Hi ladies.
AQ, sorry about the bad side effects. :hugs: I hope you feel better.
Pet, 30 eggs?! WOW! When is your transfer, do you know?

AF came in the middle of the night...cramps were outrageous and woke me up at 3:30 am. Fun times. AF has been incredibly heavy and painful all day. I had plans to go to the gym, but that ain't happening now. :nope: On the couch with my heating pad, dreading the fact that I have to walk the dog.

Appointment tomorrow. Not sure what it's for, but I'm sure it involves an ultrasound. Maybe I'll get my new schedule? :shrug:

Is anyone else getting ready to start a new cycle in here, or will I be on my own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->