IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

hope your a wondeful woman and i pray u get your happy ending

sorry to sound stupid but cpould someone explain assisted hatching

i thought it was th same as a blastocyst?
xx

Just a quick reply I'm on my phone at the new house and 3G isn't very good can only get reception in bedroom.

Anyway just popping on to say rosa don't lose heart hunny, I had 20 eggs ended up with one put back and only 3 to freeze. I know it's hard, I certainly expected more from 20 eggs but just remember it only takes one and I'm proof of that. Sending big hugs x

Hope I've been thinking of you all day and my heart really goes out to you hunny. Take things easy hun and allow yourself to grieve. Sending lots of love your way and I hope 2012 is the year all your dreams come true. X

Hope everyone else is ok. Love to you all x

Hope post whatever you need to here :hugs:

Rosa I find it shocking that they didn't use icsi when your fert report was similar last time normally out here if first go of ivf didn't have a great fert report they would recommend icsi for any future cycles. I'm glad they let you have all 3! Hopefully you'll be our first twin + mama!

I'm doing pretty shit atm when it rains it pours right? Proper update in journal but nothing is going our way I'm just praying so hard for some good news at our 15 & 18 week scan re the tumor growth.

Hi ladies,

Hope how are you? Thinking of you. You also can post anything on here. Were here to support each other. I do hope that each day is getting easier and easier.

Kelly thinking of you also. You have a very positive attitude and that is so inspiring. Hang in there and try and be strong for each other.

Rosa How fab that your now pupo. Got everything crossed for you.

Hi to all the gang. Have a good day xx

Hello all! Just had a quick catch-up!
Hope-I'm so very sorry for your loss and what you had to go through yesterday, I just can't imagine how hard that must have been. I'm glad you got to see te screen, I don't like the sound of that stern woman though. I'm aslo glad you felt calm afterwards, but how do you feel today? best wishes to you for 2012, seems many of us will still be here!x

kelly-I have been reading on here and following your journal (lurking!), please know that I'm thinking of you, we are all praying for happiness to come you way. Sorry to hear about work too...xxxxxxxx

Doodar-glad to ear you have moved in!! (is that right?) I don't mind you posting inhere at all! :)

Rosa-I understand you feeling sad about the embies but 3 back is brilliant! wow! what a good chance you must now have!x

Great to hear from Tinks and zowiey! (hope your both doing ok!)

Hi to princess, AQ, Trask, maddie, Babies, and everyone else! AFM-feeling a bit blue, can't believe we have reached another christmas still not being prego and I think that is affecting my christmas spirit. I know that all of us on here that have had failed ivf of mc in recent months, hoped to be having christmas with a little bump, and well that not happening is hard to take isn't it? xxxxx

St Christmas is definitely going to be a tough one, I know we all had hopes of sporting a cute little bump and sharing good news with our families. Fx that by next Christmas all of us will either be mommies or about to be :dust:

I'm feeling a little sore today, trying not to take any paracetamol because period pains are normal but pain isn't and I don't want to mask pain. Emotionally I'm trying to be strong,it's my first day alone as DH has gone back to work today, the sound of music is keeping me company which always lifts my spirits.

Eta

How odd I lost half my post when I posted and it had all the personals in. Grr. I can't for the life of me remember what I wrote so forgive me girls :flower:

I do remember wishing rosa congratulations on being PUPO! Fx for our first triplet mommy!

Anyway just popping on to say rosa don't lose heart hunny, I had 20 eggs ended up with one put back and only 3 to freeze. I know it's hard, I certainly expected more from 20 eggs but just remember it only takes one and I'm proof of that. Sending big hugs

thanks, Doodar. This is encouraging to hear. :thumbup: And don't leave us, D. We love you and are happy to hear your news. :hugs:

Rosa I find it shocking that they didn't use icsi when your fert report was similar last time normally out here if first go of ivf didn't have a great fert report they would recommend icsi for any future cycles. I'm glad they let you have all 3! Hopefully you'll be our first twin + mama!

I'm doing pretty shit atm when it rains it pours right? Proper update in journal but nothing is going our way I'm just praying so hard for some good news at our 15 & 18 week scan re the tumor growth.

I was wondering the same thing. The problem isn't how many are fertilizing, but the fact that I only had 7 mature eggs out of 14. Out of 7, 5 fertilized, which is not bad. They did do AH, but I didn't ask about icsi. Heaven forbid we go to 3 rounds (not even going to think about that right now) I will def ask. As for twin+ mama....hopefully just twin! :shock:

I'm sorry you're doing so crappy. I'll pop over to your journal in a second. :hugs:

Rosa-I understand you feeling sad about the embies but 3 back is brilliant! wow! what a good chance you must now have!

Hi to princess, AQ, Trask, maddie, Babies, and everyone else! AFM-feeling a bit blue, can't believe we have reached another christmas still not being prego and I think that is affecting my christmas spirit. I know that all of us on here that have had failed ivf of mc in recent months, hoped to be having christmas with a little bump, and well that not happening is hard to take isn't it? xxxxx

Thanks! I'm happy about it now. I'm happy he pushed to put 3 back in! He's usually conservative about that, but he said let's be aggressive this time. Fine with me! :thumbup: I'm sorry you're feeling down. I think we all thought we'd have little bambinos for Christmas this year. :sad2: We will next year, hun. Hang in there. When is your next cycle?

I'm feeling a little sore today, trying not to take any paracetamol because period pains are normal but pain isn't and I don't want to mask pain. Emotionally I'm trying to be strong,it's my first day alone as DH has gone back to work today, the sound of music is keeping me company which always lifts my spirits.

I do remember wishing rosa congratulations on being PUPO! Fx for our first triplet mommy!

Shhhh!!! Doc is not allowing us to say the word that begins with a T and ends with an "iplet"! :rofl: Thanks though. :hugs: I'm sorry you're sore. Hopefully this passes soon and you can start again. We love you hope. :hugs:

Hi girls just on my phone again reception not great but could really do with some support. So much for my happy post, now it's my turn for sad news. Just had a call from the midwife to tell me my down syndrome risk results. Results are 1 in 5. To say I'm shocked is an understatement. I don't know what to do with myself I can't stop crying. They want me to go hospital tomorrow to discuss results and arrange further testing. Has anyone heard that ivf meds can affect screening blood results, my clinic told me they can but the midwife said no.

Hi girls just on my phone again reception not great but could really do with some support. So much for my happy post, now it's my turn for sad news. Just had a call from the midwife to tell me my down syndrome risk results. Results are 1 in 5. To say I'm shocked is an understatement. I don't know what to do with myself I can't stop crying. They want me to go hospital tomorrow to discuss results and arrange further testing. Has anyone heard that ivf meds can affect screening blood results, my clinic told me they can but the midwife said no.

I know I don't belong in here anymore but Doodar, I got the exact same result of 1 in 5 and it scared the hell out of me too. Feel free to message me privately if you want.

I heard that they can affect the results, and if you google PAPP-A and IVF you should find an article on it. I also mentioned it to my current doc when I was going through it and she said she hadn't heard of it but it made sense.

I didn't look to see how far along you are, didn't look to see anyone's responses, just had to reply to you right away, you poor thing! :cry:

You should get either a CVS or amnio, depending on how far along you are. Also make sure if you get an amnio you get the FISH results or whatever they're called, you should know the preliminary results in a few days.

Also please know that there are a TON of false positives, I was one of them.

Ugh I was totally there in August, wish there was more I could say to make you feel better. :-(

Oh D, it never rains but it pours around here, will someone please cut us some slack! I hadn't heard about IVF meds affecting the results, I decided not to have the screen so didn't look into it at all. Caseys is right though about the false positives. A family friend got told there were high odds and the baby turned out perfectly normal. On the other hand I read about a girl who was told no risk and then her baby had downs.
Here's what I would do in your shoes. Ask yourself whether it matters to you whether the baby has special needs, is the answer is yes then take the amino or cvs, if the answer is no then just put it out of your mind (easier said than done I know) and cross the bridge if you come to it :hugs:

Doodar I'm so sorry to hear your unexpected news! Impossible I know, but try to remain calm, I would opt for for more tests as I would want to be preapred before baby arrives. Definately look into the ivf meds giving false results as could be a possibility-you said the clinic mentioned it?
Also remember that if it does out to be 1 in 5 chance, there is still that 80% of hope that all will be fine. Thinking of you, and Hopes right there is no slack on this thread at the mo! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rosa-we are starting 2nd round w/c 23rd jan. Have appointment on 18th Jan! seems ages away!

Evening everyone else!x

Doodar- Hang in there. I am sorry you have this added stress and im sure all will be fine. What will be will be if we worry or not and your baby will be beautiful whatever the result x

Hope- Glad you are feeling a little better, you will have up an down days and in time more ups than downs but that little bean will always have a peice of your heart and you never forget. Each anniversary of the loss of our babies we send a chinese lantern into the sky and it helps me to do that as nobody knew them but they existed in our bodies no matter for how long and we loved them so much and had all those hopes an dreams. They are the hardest things to let go of. Here if you need to talk x

Rosa- Yaaay for 3 embies. It is a shame its not more considering all the eggs but 3 is fab! 2 more than we had anyway. lol. Good luck x

Kelly- Hope your doing ok x

Kirsten- Hope your doing well x

ST- Know exactly how you feel RE the not pregnant again at xmas thing. Double whammy for me as not pregnant and my mums not here anymore. Be glad when xmas is over and we start the new year an our new cycles x

Hi to Trask, Tinks, and all the gang.

AFM- Trying to be positive aout AMH results now as i have nothing to gain being negative as the results are what they are and no changing them so getting on with life best i can an praying for good news in new year xxx

Doodar,

Here is a link to the article I mentioned earlier. I was at work when I responded before so didn't have the link at the time.

https://www.ivfnewsdirect.com/?p=286

Doodar I have heard of so many cases like yours and the babe was perfectly fine, it's just a screening test by no means is it definite. They will likely do an amnio to tell you 100% though. I am praying for it to be a false flag!

AQ missed your post about your levels, sorry it wasn't better news. :hugs: At least they'll be more aggressive next time you cycle. I hope it works out and you get lots of eggies.

Hope still thinking of you.

Rosa here's to hoping you don't need to cycle again!

ST thats exciting that you'll be starting again soon! Enjoy Christmas and new years and have a blast with friends and a drink for me cause god knows I could use one.

Me: Movements getting stronger every day I know my girl is healthy and happy for now I pray she continues to be all the way through third tri.

Thank you so much for your support ladies don't know where I would be without you all. I'm trying to look on the positive side, the glass half full as oppose to half empty. Your right there is still an 80 percent chance, even if the odds are low. We moved house yesterday and I'm just so shattered, can't sleep because my mind is whirling, could really have done without that call yesterday. So much for a new start in our new home eh! Receiving bad news on the day we move in. Everything was going so well, it makes you scared to get too happy, there is always something to stress you out and make your world come crashing down.

Caseys thank you for that link and thank you for taking the time to post I really appreciate it. I've read before about ivf meds affecting Papp-a results. I'm going to phone my clinic tomorrow and see what they say. I literally only finished my meds four days before the test and with all the immune meds I'm sure it must have an impact on tests etc. I gave a list of the meds I was on to the midwife but she wasn't interested and I don't even know what happened to the list. Thanks for the offer to pm you. I've just moved house and I'm without Internet so posting on my phone, I'll try and get a mobile dongle tomorrow and I'll pm you as soon as I'm online. I'm seeing the consultant now instead so not being seen until Thursday. Thanks again x

Hi Ladies,

Doodar I'm so sorry to hear about your news. I hope if you do decide to go for the more diagnostic test that it will be positive news. It's very easier said than done but just try to remain positive and ask all you want to the consultant. Also I have heard that the drugs can affect results. I think my consultant discussed this with us at some point during our treatment. Like hope though I didn't take much in because wasn't going to have screening. Thinking of you. Were here if you need to talk.

Kelly glad your getting a lot of movements, stay positive.

Hope and Aq thinking of you too big hugs

Rosa how you feeling? Hope your ok. And Isabella. Being pupo is nervewracking but exciting.

St I totally agree with you. Looking forward to what 2012 has to offer xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->