IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Great news princess! yay for triggering soon! best of luck, just think in a week or so you will be pupo!x

Babies-glad your enjoying new bed, I find new beds high too! (I'm a short arse!)x

Tiff-glad all going well so far, FX it continues to do so. x

AQ-so sorry to hear your news, I really feel for you. I understand you going for another cycle, it's what you need to do. I don't know how I would feel about donor eggs unless I was in the position, you may change your mind over time. It would have you and your mums blood running through it though. Oh course you don't need to be thinking about this too much yet as you need to concentrate on your next cycle, FX the short protocol means you respond better, or a least the same as last time so you get one embie, and it sticks!!! xxxx

thanks st, everytime i think about it my stomach does summersaults! such a scary thought that I could be pupo!!

Oh AQ, i'm so sorry to hear your news. That's such a shame but you are going to give it another shot and that's a great place to start. The issue of donor eggs you can contemplate in the future. You have had so much to deal with, i'm sending you loads of :hug:

Good luck Princess for monday, 12 follies is a lovely number cant believe how quickly it has all happened!

AQ sorry your results were not good.. youve nothing to lose by giving it another shot and it sounds like youll be on the same protocol as me.. Also dont forget you are taking those supplements which will make the eggs you do get of very good quality... hugs to you and your DH...

Kelly thinking of you..

ST glad to hear your getting started finally.....

Lou

Tink - I don't really know how long they make you wait between cycles, I only know that my friend had her missed miscarriage diagnosed the same day as me the previous year and she started her fresh ICSI cycle the following March. I'll have to be patient and wait and see what the consultant says.

ST - glad your scan went well and that they are considering steroids, it's always good when the clinic makes changes to your procedure to try and help as much as they can. FX they'll agree a double transfer too! Yay for having a date for stimming and that you don't have to wait for the witch to decide!

Rosa - how you doing honey? Happy Six weeks!

Isabella - goth alive a new bed, and I couldn't be without our King - need to put as much space between me and DH's snoring as possible :lol: [Edited to have - Apple has been correcting my words again and I have no idea what I was trying to say but it wasn't "goth alive a new bed" - what does that even mean???]

Yay for your scan! Pictures are so clear - I can't believe how much bigger the baby is at 7+3 than when we had a scan at 6+6, I'm definitely holding off for a couple of weeks next time. A video too? Wow your clinic is very tech friendly!

Kirsten - :wohoo: for trigger tomorrow!

Hi Lou - lovely to see you honey

Aq :hugs:

Kelly :hugs:

Well afm DH and I have been talking about doing a fresh ICSI cycle next and saving our frosties for a future sibling. I really want more than one child and we could get lucky and have twins from our frosties but if we had one then we'd have to try again in a few years and while we can afford a paid cycle now that may not be the case in the future. Plus I'm not getting any younger! We'll see what the consultant has to say.

goth alive :haha: that made me laugh, dh got his phone out to video it, i had to, its such a beautiful sound. Wishing you tons of luck with your next cycle, sounds like a sensible idea to do it again fresh whilst you can. Do you only get one go on the nhs in your area? tho having said that at my hospital they make you use the frosties before a new fresh can be started.

Very strange, we just had a guy knock at the door saying that phone calls were now free in my area and he could do a line check for us. Sounded really dodgy i just said no thanks and closed the door. I cant imagine how all calls could possibly be free in our area when he doesn't even know who our provider is, i checked with them and they have no idea. I think its a scam to get people's numbers to do telesales calls, could be wrong but it was very strange.

Tink - I don't really know how long they make you wait between cycles, I only know that my friend had her missed miscarriage diagnosed the same day as me the previous year and she started her fresh ICSI cycle the following March. I'll have to be patient and wait and see what the consultant says.

ST - glad your scan went well and that they are considering steroids, it's always good when the clinic makes changes to your procedure to try and help as much as they can. FX they'll agree a double transfer too! Yay for having a date for stimming and that you don't have to wait for the witch to decide!

Isabella - goth alive a new bed, and I couldn't be without our King - need to put as much space between me and DH's snoring as possible :lol: [Edited to have - Apple has been correcting my words again and I have no idea what I was trying to say but it wasn't "goth alive a new bed" - what does that even mean???]

Yay for your scan! Pictures are so clear - I can't believe how much bigger the baby is at 7+3 than when we had a scan at 6+6, I'm definitely holding off for a couple of weeks next time. A video too? Wow your clinic is very tech friendly!

Kirsten - :wohoo: for trigger tomorrow!

Hi Lou - lovely to see you honey

Aq :hugs:

Kelly :hugs:

Well afm DH and I have been talking about doing a fresh ICSI cycle next and saving our frosties for a future sibling. I really want more than one child and we could get lucky and have twins from our frosties but if we had one then we'd have to try again in a few years and while we can afford a paid cycle now that may not be the case in the future. Plus I'm not getting any younger! We'll see what the consultant has to say.

AQ - I am so so so sorry to hear you news. I agree with Traskey, try not to focus on donor eggs just yet and put all you energy into this coming cycle :hugs::hugs::hugs: I personaly though do not think genes are everything. If donor eggs are used then it is still 100% yours :thumbup::thumbup: You and DH are in my thoughts :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Babies - Yey for the new bed, I would love a king. The double fits nicely across the chimeny breast though, a king would look odd :dohh: That artical is interesting. I will really be pushing for 2, its not fare that are odds are ruduced so the clinic can have good figures on single births. A coment at the bottom saying IVF should not be preovided on the NHS and if you have an urge to be a mother you should pay yourself has got me so angry I had to hold back tears as DH is in the room. I know infertility is not life threatening but obviously he or she does not understand how infertility effects you. I am interested to know how many children they have or if they even want children :growlmad:

I will pop into your journal for a look at the pic hun :thumbup:

Kelly - So glad it is going well so far :hugs:

Princess - 12 follies is great :happydance::happydance::happydance: Yey for triggering tomorrow. You are so close now, I know its scary. EC was not half as bad as I expected, you will be fine :hugs::hugs:

Lew - Good luck for you next cycle :kiss:

Hope - I think a fresh cycle is a good idea, forward planning and all that. Are you under the NHS hun? I am lucky enough to still be under the NHS so dont think they will allow me to do a fresh next, I am sure you have to use up your frosties at my clinic. I hope your appointment comes round fast for you :hugs:

Hi ST, Traskey and everyone else x

AFM - Not much to report today. Just so glad its weekend. Looking forward for more people to start cycling :thumbup:

I have to make a list of Questions this weekend. I dont know about everyone else but as soon as I get into a cons room my mind goes blank and I go to peices a bit. So my plan is to write everything I want to ask down :thumbup:

Thanks! I'm doing fine.

I think it's smart to do a fresh cycle, then use your frosties when you're older. :thumbup:

goth alive :haha: that made me laugh, dh got his phone out to video it, i had to, its such a beautiful sound. Wishing you tons of luck with your next cycle, sounds like a sensible idea to do it again fresh whilst you can. Do you only get one go on the nhs in your area? tho having said that at my hospital they make you use the frosties before a new fresh can be started.

Very strange, we just had a guy knock at the door saying that phone calls were now free in my area and he could do a line check for us. Sounded really dodgy i just said no thanks and closed the door. I cant imagine how all calls could possibly be free in our area when he doesn't even know who our provider is, i checked with them and they have no idea. I think its a scam to get people's numbers to do telesales calls, could be wrong but it was very strange.

Sounds like a scam...

Isabella that sounds like a scam to me.

Our first cycle was NHS funded but they only fund one fresh and then the frozen. One of our questions is if we self fund a fresh cycle can we still have a subsequent FET funded.

That article about det was interesting but it didn't say whether it was 2x3 days or 2xblasto. Our clinic allow the first but not the second. I didn't read the comments as it always turns into an IVF shouldnt be allowed debate and I can't stand to read them. We pay our national insurance contributions so why shouldnt we have treatment? They don't turn away morbidly obese people who need diabetes treatment and while that is life threatening you could argue its self inflicted. The frustrating thing is that not all pcts follow the guidance to allow three funded fresh cycles.

Ours is a bit of a squish as we have fitted wardrobes on one side but if u breathe in its all good :haha:
I never read the comments but completely agree, if your not in that situation yourself how could you possibly know what it feels like, annoys me so much, we pay our national insurance and the criteria is so strict that not everyone can get it anyway. Ignorant people argh!! :wacko:

AQ - I am so so so sorry to hear you news. I agree with Traskey, try not to focus on donor eggs just yet and put all you energy into this coming cycle :hugs::hugs::hugs: I personaly though do not think genes are everything. If donor eggs are used then it is still 100% yours :thumbup::thumbup: You and DH are in my thoughts :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Babies - Yey for the new bed, I would love a king. The double fits nicely across the chimeny breast though, a king would look odd :dohh: That artical is interesting. I will really be pushing for 2, its not fare that are odds are ruduced so the clinic can have good figures on single births. A coment at the bottom saying IVF should not be preovided on the NHS and if you have an urge to be a mother you should pay yourself has got me so angry I had to hold back tears as DH is in the room. I know infertility is not life threatening but obviously he or she does not understand how infertility effects you. I am interested to know how many children they have or if they even want children :growlmad:

I will pop into your journal for a look at the pic hun :thumbup:

Kelly - So glad it is going well so far :hugs:

Princess - 12 follies is great :happydance::happydance::happydance: Yey for triggering tomorrow. You are so close now, I know its scary. EC was not half as bad as I expected, you will be fine :hugs::hugs:

Lew - Good luck for you next cycle :kiss:

Hope - I think a fresh cycle is a good idea, forward planning and all that. Are you under the NHS hun? I am lucky enough to still be under the NHS so dont think they will allow me to do a fresh next, I am sure you have to use up your frosties at my clinic. I hope your appointment comes round fast for you :hugs:

Hi ST, Traskey and everyone else x

AFM - Not much to report today. Just so glad its weekend. Looking forward for more people to start cycling :thumbup:

I have to make a list of Questions this weekend. I dont know about everyone else but as soon as I get into a cons room my mind goes blank and I go to peices a bit. So my plan is to write everything I want to ask down :thumbup:

We posted at the same time, :flower:
I think it was 2 and 3 day transfers but i really don't think they should get to dictate especially when like you said most of them don't offer the 3 cycles that nice recommend.
I am glad dh is here as someone just knocked on the window and when we looked no one was there, im so glad i closed the door on him.

Isabella that sounds like a scam to me.

Our first cycle was NHS funded but they only fund one fresh and then the frozen. One of our questions is if we self fund a fresh cycle can we still have a subsequent FET funded.

That article about det was interesting but it didn't say whether it was 2x3 days or 2xblasto. Our clinic allow the first but not the second. I didn't read the comments as it always turns into an IVF shouldnt be allowed debate and I can't stand to read them. We pay our national insurance contributions so why shouldnt we have treatment? They don't turn away morbidly obese people who need diabetes treatment and while that is life threatening you could argue its self inflicted. The frustrating thing is that not all pcts follow the guidance to allow three funded fresh cycles.

Funding restrictions is so frustrating, we have paid our NI like you said. I have worked full time since being 16. If we had not paid NI but paid into a private health insurance (if that was an option) then no one would have a problem. Its makes me so made :nope::nope:

I am so gratefull though for the funding as we would not be able to fund ourselves. It just would not be an option :cry:

Babies - Sounds like something dodgy is going on. It is a good thing you are not home alone :thumbup:

Hope - I am not sure about funding once you have gone private. I hope thats an option for you.

Aq I was just reading Deb111's journal and she has An Amh of 1.4 - her icsi cycle resulted in 8 mature eggs, three of which went onto blast. Just wanted to share that with you to show there is still hope that this cycle could be a success :hugs:

Tiffany honey, I am so sorry to read your news :hugs:

Tiffany, I wrote in your journal, but I wanted to say again how sorry I am to hear your news. :hugs:

Hi all.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:Tiffany:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just about to do my list of questions. For those of you that unfortunatly have had a follow up are there any questions that may be usefull but not obvious to me??? I have the onbviuos like did anything go wrong? (apart from it not working) How many can we transfer? What the process is and when can we start? Can I do anything to help? Or do these cover it???

Tiff I've wrote in your journal but sending you lots of love :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Tinks sorry I can't help but I hope you get it all sorted soon :hugs:

Tinks - this one is meant for a fresh follow up cycle I think but you might find some useful questions there for FET.

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=66634.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->