IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

well where to startfirst thing is first im being put on the wating listyay
weve got to go bak march the 12th to sign the concent forms and for more blood tests

i had my amh done today to find out if i need the pill for 2 weeks or just dwn reg as normalthe good news is i thort my fsh levels were 9.2 but turns out they were actually 4.2so iv been worrying all this time for nothing
i asked about rubella and the nurse is checking up on that in the morning and giving me a call to say if i need it checked or if its been donehe was really happy with my weight loss and said iv done sooo well and he is really pleased with me
and another good thing is that we can probly start end of may beiginning of junso thats sooo much better than august sept we thorthubbys not got to do another sa test til the actually ivf which is goodwe wil be goin bak in april somtime for a teaching course
but he did say to down reg it wil injectionsand then 150 gonal fit all feels very real nowand he also said i dnt need to take any vits
i cnt belive it girls xx

Smile - Sounds like a very productive appointment. Yey for being out on the waiting list :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Glad you FSH turned out ok and that you will be able to start sooner than expected.

Funny, my cons said the same thing about supplements and vits.

The FS you saw today, was it at your IVF clinic?

I use Gonal F for stimming but didn't DR as I did short protocol. I will be DR for FET though :thumbup:

It is all real now and May will be here before you know it :thumbup:

hes at my local hosp
hes lovely and told my with my knowledg i shud be a fs lol
just hope all goes smoothly
we told our parents today for the first time about the ivf
not sure if thats the right thing to do
we told his sis and her reply was just rude and nasty
she said' dnt get excited cos it probly wnt work anyway'

lovely hey x

Smile that's great news to be on the waiting list. Ignore dh's sister as that comment is down right mean and we have lots of proof that it does work!

:saywhat: I cant believe someone would actually say that to you!!! That would be last thing I told her about treatment.

Your FS sounds lovely, shame he is not at the clinic. Our FS at our local hospital was horrible and didn't know much about IVF, I knew more then she did although she acted like she knew it all but talked rubbish. Frustrating.

I think it is a personal choice wether to tell parents/family. There are pros and cons for "coming out" or "staying in" iykwim?

i think shes a little jelous cos shes got a littl girl whos 8 months and wants to try for another in may so i think maybe she felt like i was stepping on her toes a little

im not actually sure if im on the waiting list yet tho as my concents are being sent til march?
x

Not sure hun but I do know that by the time we signed our consent at the clinic all our funding had been arranged and agreed, so maybe you are :thumbup:

Is the waiting list long smile? We are so lucky here because while we only get one funded cycle the benefit of that is no wait list, our GP referred us in June and we had an appt at the clinic in July, the consultant recommended icsi in aug after some tests and we started in sept!

the waititng list in 3 months roughly but cos im not 23 til july i cnt srtr stimming til then but i can down reg which is good

we get up to 3 fresh and 3 frozen x

Wow thats really good funding!!!! Whice PCT are you under if you dont mind me asking?

What is the reason for your infertility hun? Sorry if you have already said.

Tinks- Glad your FU went so well! lots of positives there x

Smile- Glad your appt went well and 3 cycles is what guidelines state should be given to any women on NHS but most pcts are too tight so great news that u get the 3 cycles altho i hope it takes one for u x

AFM- Tonight was very hard. I held my friends little 3yr old granddaughters hand, took a deep breath an managed to get through the ward to my friends room an shut the door behind me so i pretended i was in diff ward... weird i know but the reality of that ward is that my heart broke in there that night we lost my mum. My friend looks so weak and ill and was crying a lot and i felt so helpless. She has the leg off in the morning. Please pray for her as she is so ill she will be needing all the strength to survive this surgery. I am so worried about her xxx

AQ, I"m so sorry about your friend. You've been through so much. :hugs:

smile, what a TERRIBLE thing to say to you!! :growlmad: Ignore her. Good news about getting started in May rather August!! :happydance:

Tinks, I wrote already in your journal but yay for getting the ball rolling! Do you know when cd21 will be? This cycle or the next? So soon!! :dance:

Hi Lovely ladies,

so much to catch up on. I do come on and check on my mobile most days.

Princess so exciting about your fert report. How exciting. Hoping you get the day transfer you want. Good luck and enjoy this moment.

AQ what an awful time for you. Hope your ok. It cant be easy. I will be def thinking of your friend in my prayers.:hugs:

Rosa big big congratulations:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:It wont be long until the 6th of Sept, hope your well.

Tinks excellent follow up appointment:happydance: Its so good that you no have a plan.

Hope how are you? Any further ideas as to what your going to do re fet or fresh cycle?? I hope that you ar ok though:hugs:

Smile welcome to you, i dont think i've said hello. Fab bunch of ladies here. :thumbup: to your appointment too.

Traskey not long too stimming.

Babies how are you? Hope your well.

Kelly:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Well ladies I am well. Had my treatment plan appointment yesterday and im due t start dr again on Sat 21/1/12:happydance::happydance: Im anxious but excited about trying again. Im going to try not to worry to much ths time and go with the flow......easier said than done. I will be dr whilst on our week holiday too. At least it breaks it up a bit for us. The clinic im at said that depending on quality of eggs and number etc that they will plan for two to be transferred day 3 or 5. Very pleased about that. Anything to give me that better chance.

Well goodnight ladies xxxxxxxxx

AQ :hugs: Sending positive thoughts for your dear friend

Smile - wow 3 and 3 is brilliant funding. Maybe we should all move to the East of England!

Rosa - hello honey - how you feeling?

Maddie - I can imagine starting again must be exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. This Saturday will come around in a blink!

We're still not 100% sure what to do next - I keep veering from fresh cycle to frozen cycle in my mind and I think we'll just have to wait and see what the consultant says on the 7th. If she tells us that we'll void our NHS funding by doing a fresh cycle then the decision is made and we go straight to FET. If she says it makes no difference then we will have to make a final decision about what we want to do next. The whole thing would be so much easier if IVF was 100% guaranteed to work - wishful thinking hey!

yeh hope all move here then we can put faces to names

it nwas indeed a terrible thing to say
and the cheeky cow has just rang and asked of id go with her to take the dog to the vets!!

x

Smile some people are so heartless when it comes to infertility, it's one of those things that if you havent been through it you really will never know how heart breaking and soul destroying it is, good news on your appointment tho :thumbup:

Hope I bet it's such a difficult decision between fresh and frozen, why would it void your funding if you have fresh? If you don't mind me asking :blush:

Maddie wow this saturday, congrats for starting so soon :happydance:

AQ you've had such a hard time lately you'd think something would let up! I'll be thinking about your friend, my nana had her leg off just before Xmas too and it's such a hard thing to deal with and her being on the same ward as your mum, sending big :hugs: to you!!

Tinks I posted in your journal (I think :wacko:) but congrats again for Starting next cycle :happydance:

You know my clinic also said not to worry about vits and supplements and just to concentrate on the folic acid, I just take a basic multivitamin and my FA :thumbup:

Afm We got another call this morning, we have 4 "high grade" embies :happydance: and they wanna push to blast so transfer on Saturday :yipee:

They have said I can have 2 blasts transferred, it's a question ive asked them again and again to be sure, in my nurse planning meeting one of my questions was because I chose to have 2 blasts put back would they try to talk me out of it, they said no :haha:
I think in my gut feeling if this is to work it won't result in twins, I could be wrong and I need it to work before I start worrying about how many but in my heart of hearts I think there will only be one ;)

Hope everyone's well :hugs:

They have said I can have 2 blasts transferred, it's a question ive asked them again and again to be sure, in my nurse planning meeting one of my questions was because I chose to have 2 blasts put back would they try to talk me out of it, they said no :haha:
I think in my gut feeling if this is to work it won't result in twins, I could be wrong and I need it to work before I start worrying about how many but in my heart of hearts I think there will only be one ;)

I had the same gut feeling. My DH only wanted one child and I wasn't sure I could handle twins. I knew by putting 2 embies in, it would increase our chances so I went for it. I was relieved to see only one baby at my first ultrasound but at the same time, not surprised. Gut feelings mean a lot!

can i ask how much stimms u were on
are any of u on goanl f if so how much?
x

I was on 225 of merional and 0.25 of centrotide for about 6/7 days then the merional was put down the 187.5 for 1 day then lowered to 150 then lowered again to 102

I know what you mean caseys, don't get me wrong me and DH would LOVE twins but I just don't think it will happen, congratulations btw :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->