IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday :kiss:

ST - Glad stimms is going fast for you. Cant wait to find out when ec is.

AQ - We may have transfer around the same time :thumbup: Not long for you now.

Smile - At my clinic you need at least 3 embryos that are top quality to go to blast

Lets hope this is the year for everyone :happydance::happydance::happydance:

AFM - I am a little worried as I dont start DR until CD25 and I should only have a 28 day cycle this time. Is this too late????

St - I just mentioned about having two and what not, I think they thought they would fob me off and gave me a load of info on SET and how dangerous multiples are etc, I asked again when filling in the paperwork and ticked the box for 2 and they said we'll discuss that at egg transfer, at transfer they showed me a picture of 1 blast and I said no I'm having to put back and they sort of looked at each other and went on to talk about dangers etc :dohh:
They asked me what I wanted to do, I said if I walk out of here with a SET I will regret it, if it doesn't work I'll regret it even more so, DH had talked over the whole ivf process and we agreed we would go for 2, they carried on but I wasnt ready to back down :winkwink:
They had me sign the release form and put two back :cloud9:
My gut instinct tells me there's only 1 in there which makes me think even more I did the right thing having 2 put back because what if they only put one back and that was the one that didn't take etc

So now I'm waffling :haha:

:hi: tinks hope your ok!

I am Princess just a little worried about DR being started late. TBH I think this is just my new obsessive worry for a few days. I seem to have to have something to worry about lol. One day its the thaw the next day its DR and then Transfer, you get the idea :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Hi ladies,

It's so exciting on here. Pregnant ladies, soon to be pregnant ladies.

Tinks last cycle I started Dr on the cd20 and this time I started on cd25. The reason they started me on cd 25 this cycle is because they didn't want me to be Dr for a long time. Try not to worry. Every clinic different and they want the best possible outcome for you. I know they have a funny way of showing it at times but they do.

I'm there again tomorrow. Hopefully I can start stimming tomorrow or Wednesday. They have told us that we can have two transferred this cycle, even if it gets to blasts. Im not sure they will be willing too though due to my age (30). Well going to try and take each day as it comes.......try anyway. Ha xxxx

Maddie u make a gOod point about taking each day as it comes
Maybe i shud take a leaf out of ur book xxxx

Thanks Maddie, what you said makes sense. Plus there is no point worrying I guess as I am starting CD25 and thats that. Good luck for tomorrow. I really hope you can start DR soon.

Tinks- Hope we have a similar transfer date as would love to be due date buddies ;-) hows that for pma? x

Maddie-good luck for starting stimms tomorrow x

Princess- I think you have got 2 babies in there ;-) x

ST- Hows it going for you? x

Smile- Taking each day as it comes is the best way and all we can do really so keep your chin up an you will soon be starting. I remember waiting for what seemed a eternity to get started but once u start meds it flies by x

Hi to Trask, Hope and all the gang x Anyone heard from Rosa, Babies or Lou??

Iv just posted pics of my meds in my journal if anyone wants to have a look. lol. I cant fathom out how to put the link as a siggie yet... ha xxx

My clinic will not put 2 blasts back at my age which makes me mad. I asked about it with the FET and they said no. Since then though I've been diagnosed with the uterine fistula and with every pregnancy and labour I have I increase my risks for severe bleeding so I am going to ask about it again when I see the doc next. I want twins. The idea of being done and not having to worry about an emergency hysterectomy when I still want kids would be better. I doubt they'll go for it in which case we'll do 2 embryos at 3 days again or I wonder if they'd give me 3 at 3 days.

Tinks I know what you mean about having something to worry about, keeps us occupied. I wouldn't worry about dr though because essentially they are switching off your hormones and at that point the cycle day means nothing. Some people start dr earlier in the month and some later. At our clinic you always start on cd21 but you can dr for different periods of time depending on how busy the clinic is, whether you have a bank holiday in the middle of your cycle etc. Because they take over your cycle you have to forget all about the date of your last period and count back from embryo transfer to have your LMP (14 days +embryo age, so a blast would be 19 days) otherwise your dates will be out. I got so used to telling everyone that my LMP was two weeks before EC that I can't actually remember the date of my last period before IVF!

Tiff I know that labour is dangerous with your condition but is there a similar risk with carrying twins? Any sign of o yet?

:flower: hello to the rest of my lovely ladies.

AQ - I love your PMA :thumbup:

Kelly - Good luck with asking for 2 blasts, really hope they let you.

Hope - Thanks for that info, I never thought about it like that. If they are shutting down our systems then they are in control anyway, doesn't matter what my normal cycles would be.

Rosa has been poorly, for those of you who dont know. She is in hospital due to a cyst. Baby is fine though :thumbup:

Hi to everyone, hope Monday goes quick for us all.

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick update and a quick question as im at work right now, but had my appt today, i have 4-5 follies which are ready. They wont do EC unless there are three or more ready. and i have lots of 17.1 and 17.6 mm follies. so they think EC will be thurs or friday. My question is if its say thursday if i had a 3 day transfer would that mean et would be saturday? or sunday?

Kazza I thought the same thing as I thought my clinic closed at the weekend which they do but they keep the lab and surgery rooms open so yeah you'll have it on a sat or Sunday :thumbup:

OMG hospital called me im going in for EC on Wednesday!! Im soo excited and scared!!!

Hi everyone

hope you're all well.

Kazz yay for egg collection :flower:

St i had to fight for two embies, they def put up a battle, hope u can get two. :flower:

Hope, yay for viewings, have u found one u like?

Maddie, hope u can start stimming soon, :flower:

Kelly Its a beautiful quote and memory box :hugs:

Hi to aq tink, trask, princess, rosa, and everyone else.

Yey for EC Kazzab, if you have a 3 day transfer it will be done on Saturday :thumbup: Good luck hun. When do you have to do your trigger?

Hope I don't think having twins will mean I have an even higher chance of heavy bleeding, the highest risk will be when the placenta delivers but more so it's that with every pregnancy the fistula has the opportunity to get bigger. I have a scan on friday to check up on the fistula and I'm going to ask that my fertility doctor calls me when he can so I can ask if there is anyway we can get started with my next period. I know its not likely cause there is a wait list but I just don't feel like I'm going to be better until I'm pregnant again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->