• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Trasj - Couldnt agree more! My doctors have confirmed we have the funding its just the sodding paperwork! :grr: We cant book any appointments until theyve received it.

Hi Ladies Just had my journal moved over to LTTC and I see you all over there I'm off to stalk!

Trasj - Couldnt agree more! My doctors have confirmed we have the funding its just the sodding paperwork! :grr: We cant book any appointments until theyve received it.

Ack! Booooooooooooooo. Come up people, press the send button. Samba needs to get started.

Did they say at your info evening why there is such a long gap between down reg and starting injections? Looks to be about 3 weeks.

Trask - Yes it is 3 weeks and I think thats just how long it takes. I think you get monitored dont you to see if the linnings right etc near the end dont you?

Yep, there's a scan a couple of days before egg collection to check the egg size. Some places start the injections after two weeks but i'm happy to go with whatever they tell me!

Trask - I bet its also better for their timing of things also xx Their success rates are pretty impressive though arent they! :thumbup:

Loopylew - glad you had a nice break, bet it went too fast though :haha:

Sam - I hope they get your funding sorted soon, there always seemes to be something to wait for :growlmad:

Traskey & Sam - At my clinic you dont have any drugs for the first 20 days of your cycle and then you inject from CD21. I think you have a scan and bloods before you start the first injection. Is that the same as your clinic?

Hay Doodar - will work my way over to your journel v.soon :thumbup:

No news with me except looking forward to the mountain of chinese food I am going to consume tonight :haha:

Hey ladies!

Samba, so sorry the hospital is taking it's time, sooo frustrating! Just updating your details now....

Has anyone else been advised to get a pre payment card fpr your prescriptions? We've been told to get a 3 month one, it's £29.10, but the scripts for all 5 I'll need should be £37, so it's saving a bit of money!

Hope you all have a good weekend!
xxx

I have been wondering about that Zowie. The info says we will have to pay perscription charges but I wasn't sure how many items and how many £7.40 it would add up to. Not that I mind paying of course.

Will be looking into a 3 month card then once we get the go ahead, if the clinic every does the test thaw :dohh:

Hi Ladies,

Hope you're all doing ok? Im still sitting back and just waiting for this cycle to finish so we can get started again at last. Its all such a big waiting game isnt it! We are going away to Wales tomorrow for a week and am loking forward to just chilling for a while before all the treatment starts.

Trask & Sam - I downregulated for 3 weeks before starting stim injections. I started DRing around cd21 then AF was delayed by a few days due to drugs, which seemed to happen to a lot of women so dont worry if that happens. When AF arrived they made me wait a week before getting me in for a scan to start the stimms. They mentioned something about that being an NHS thing and that you can generally start stimms sooner if private!? So I started stimms on cd7 of my next cycle but in effect my hormones were on hold due to the DR drugs. All in all 3 weeks DRing and then started with the stimms. Hope that helps!

Fluffy x

Have a lovely time Wales fluffystair. Where abouts are you going? We have friends that live in Llanfaifechan in North Wales and its gorgeous around there :thumbup:

Hope you can get cracking on your 2nd (and final :winkwink:) cycle asap :hugs:

Thanks Fluffy. That sounds the same as our unit too. I start the nasal spray on 22nd August but don't start injections until 14th September. So a 3 week down reg.

Thanks for the tip about af possibly being delayed.

Zowiey, they didn't mention about the prepayment card but if that's the costs then it makes sense to get one.

Ooooo, tip city in here today. Thanks girls :dance:

I was getting confused as I am not getting a nasal spray, I will be DR with buserelin injections, not a spray. Its weird how all the clinics work differently :dohh:

I'm thinking the less injections the better Tinks! I am such a needle scaredy cat :haha:

Fluffy - Thanks for the info! Have a fab time in Wales.

I hadnt even thought about the prescription charges... how much roughly is the prescription on the NHS?

Tinks - YIKES on having to inject the whole way through. :shock: Im quite sure Im going to be a sniffer! :haha:

They have never mentioned a spray, I have just read about other girls having it :shrug:

perscriptions are £7.40 per item in England. I dont know what they will class as an item though?

Tinks - Yeah I know about the £7.40 but wonder how they do it? Which county are you in?

I am from most people :haha: everyone seems to be from the south or midlands way. Proberly why my clinic is working differently to others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->