IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Thanks girls - I think my tummy wobbles were just nerves. DH thinks he might have had a dodgy egg sandwich!

Thanks Tiff, how did your scan go? Are you lined up for transfer?

Yeah transfer isn't till monday though, I was hoping for before then but what can you do. I just hate the waiting. I did my last injection today though so that was nice. Start progesterone inserts tomorrow. I'm going out tonight drinking with a bunch of the girls, I am so totally looking forward to this, DH is staying home with Skyler since he works bright and early tomorrow. It will be my only chance to let loose and be drunk hopefully for a very long time. I haven't been drunk since my 25th birthday nearly 3 years ago and I can count on one hand the number of drinks I've had since then to! Also going to take Skyler to the pool sunday one more time since I won't be able to for a few weeks after transfer, going to soak up as much time in the hot tub as possible lol.

Hi All,

Just new to this thread....After unsuccessful IUI's, DH and I have made the decision to move onto IVF as to not waste any more money....

Went in for some bloodwork yesterday, and am getting things on their way. Hoping to have enough money saved up to do this by the end of the summer....

My clinic has a success rate of 69%, can anyone tell me if this is good? Also, my Dr. will do the second for free, and I'd only need to pay for the drugs again..... That is how confident they are. So I'm pretty ecstatic about that....

Anyways, is there anything you gals are doing to get ready for this? I really never thought I'd be going this route...I have a lot of research to do!!

Good luck to us all :)

Tiff Monday will be here before you know it especially since you have lots planned between now and then :thumbup:

Hello and welcome ellemar. Sorry to hear that your IUIs have been unsuccessful, hopefully IVF will bring you your baby. The Zita West guide to fertility is a useful read for preparing your body for treatment. Once you get that far I can highly recommend hypnotherapy to keep you relaxed and positive throughout. It can be gruelling at times, read back on this thread for more highs and lows than you can shake a stick at!

Hi Ellemar & welcome to this thread. Good luck with your cycle. The ladies on here are amazing. Such a fantastic support network xx

Hope I knew it was going to be good news. I'm really over the moon for you. We all deserve this so much. I hope your well rested and taking it easy. There is nothing nicer than seeing those two lines. Hope two are cooking. However so long as you have a little baby in your arms that's all that matters. When is your due date?? X

Kelly good luck for transfer on Monday. Hope this New good news gives you hope xx

Thank you for posting my happy week alerts. It's great. I got booked by colleague yesterday and dating scan booked for 21/05. Praying little bean keeps wiggling away xxxxx

Hi to everyone xx

Kelly, good luck for Monday! :yipee:
Hope, I know I posted on your journal, but I'm just so happy for you!! :wohoo:

Am I the next to test?!?!? :shock:

Welcome ellemar! I'm gearing up for a frozen transfer, embies will be back inside me monday.

SO happy to be done injections! Progesterone starts tomorrow though :( DH and I won't have sex again till I"m off it so if I'm preggers that won't be for 8.5 more weeks. Which works for right now cause the meds have killed my sex drive but now that I'm off the suprafact I may want some loving. Oh well, hopefully I'll be to nauseous from morning sickness to care.

Yey hope :happydance::happydance::happydance: I am so please for you. I am sure your scan will be here before you know it :happydance:

Kelly, glad your scan went well and good luck for Monday. I have everything crossed for you :thumbup:

Smile, did you get some dates? It's great to hear things are moving your end. We told most people about our fresh cycle but only told close family and friends and bosses when we did fet.

Welcome Ellemar! Sorry about the failed iui :hugs: I believe 69% is very good Hun :thumbup: good luck for your treatment, I hope it all goes smoothly.

Nothing for me to report, looking into getting laser eye surgery but it's turning out to be a lot more expensive than I first thought:growlmad:

Happy sarturday everyone :kiss:

Hi girls :wave:

Maddie I think my due date is January 4. Glad you have a scan date now :thumbup:

Tiff not long to wait now!

wow congrats hope, so happy for u

afm iv been pencilled in for ec on the week of either 16th july or 30th july so we are startin either with nxt af or the one after
iv got to cal nxt week and find out which one fs wants

iv been told i dnt need to down reg
im goin to be on bcp for 3-5 weeks then stimming wth ceritide and gonal f

wooo xx

Brilliant news Smile. Won't be long until your pupo too x

Kelly I think you are next to test x

Yay for dates Smile - not long until you get started now :thumbup:

Great news smile!

Transfer is Monday at 11. Have to be there for 1030. Dh has his CT scan at 830 the same day I hope we can make it to both.

Hope if my fet works you'll be exactly 2 weeks ahead of me. My edd would be jan 18.

Tiff hope everything works out tomorrow so you can make both appointments. Not long now until you'll be PUPO :thumbup:

Hope - Thank you so much for the kind words, and I will definitely google that read.... See where I can find it. I have a lot to learn. My BFF did IVF in December, and she is being very helpful... I just don't want to chat her ear off about it.... Also, I have no idea what hypnotherapy is, but I'll have to look it up!!
I see that you got a BFP!!! Congratulations, and sending you warm wishes for a very healthy 9 months :)

Hi Maddie - Thank you so much!! It has been a tough/rough little while for me and DH, and I"m so grateful for forums like this!! I don't know what I'd do if I had no one to speak with about this journey.... People that understand! I just started taking birth control this morning, and we just need to pick a month now.... DH and I are thinking June as July/August he is swamped with work, and travels a lot.... I just don't know if that is too soon? If not June, we have to wait until September..... I don't know if I want to wait that long! Best of luck to you as I see you are in the middle of a cycle right now?!

Kelly - Thank you :) That sounds amazing!! I am debating freezing any embryos, but I think it's probably best if I can, and produce enough....

Tinks - Thanks so much! I really hope 69% is good...Met w/ the Dr yesterday and he said for my age (30), that he would put in 3-4.... I'm really hoping to produce enough good eggs ... He said he'd like to see 12-15.... Ohh I hope so.

On another note, this took me by surprise.... We were also told that we could choose the sex if we wanted? Now, I'm originally from Canada, and I don't think this is an option there.... Has anyone done this? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Don't get me wrong, DH and I will seriously be happy with a healthy baby, regardless of sex. However, if we are fortunate enough to have 3-4 eggs for transfer.... Just don't know if we should aim for 2 and 2. I don't know..... What do you all think? Just so new to me!!

I need to go back on this thread to get to know everyone, and their situations better.... However, BEST of luck to us all, and congrats to those who are expecting!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->