IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Sex selection in Canada is illegal. Before I lost my daughter I never would have considered it but who knows what I'd do now if given the chance. Obviously I live in Canada so I don't have to worry about choosing I do very much want a daughter (I have a son now) but I hope that the universe will comply with my wishes that's all I can really do.

Pupo tomorrow oh my! Can't believe we're nearly there!

Thanks! I'm gearing up for bed, got all our stuff organized for tomorrow since we'll be busy with little time in-between apts. I look forward to introducing you lovely ladies to my babies tomorrow. I'm totally not going to sleep tonight!

Tons of luck for today. :happydance::flower:

Thanks! I'm gearing up for bed, got all our stuff organized for tomorrow since we'll be busy with little time in-between apts. I look forward to introducing you lovely ladies to my babies tomorrow. I'm totally not going to sleep tonight!

Best of luck for today Tiff honey, can't wait for you to be PUPO :hugs:

Elle, I don't think you can do gender selection here in the uk either, heck some parts of the country won't even tell you the sex when you have a scan! I assume they're going to do the chromosome test to make sure ET transfer a healthy embryo, I think that's how they determine the sex too. I'm not sure what I'd do if given the choice, maybe one of each to see what happens. If I were you I would read up on implantation rates because if they are doing the chromosome test then as long as the embryo implants it's very likely to carry to term, and do you really want to risk triplets or quads? Here we are only allowed 2 embryos, I think you have to be over 40 or have had a number of failed cycles before they'll even consider 3 and I don't think 4 would be an option.

Hey girls,hope you're all ok. I'm shattered thanks to a rubbish nights sleep I swear I had to pee like 8 times! Not being very productive my first day back at work :lol: oh we told our mums the news yesterday and they both said Well Done! :lol:

Oh hope, bless you. Nearly home time hopefully. Hope your feeling well. Can't wait for your scan, so thrilled for you.....have I told you that already?? Haha xx

Kelly I hope today has or is going really well. Looking forward to update of when your pupo xx

Hi ladies,hope your all ok & having a reasonable Monday. I'm fine, still feel well, apart from tiredness and odd cramps. Roll on dating scan xxx

Kelly, yeah I was pretty sure it was illegal in Canada, as most of the sites I have been googling, are Canadian sites.... To see whether or not I'd like to get the IVF done in Calgary, where I'm from. However, the wait list is a year long...I'm on it, but I don't know if I can wait that long!
Also, very sorry to hear that you lost your daughter....My heart goes out to you. Best of luck today!!!

Hope - I've done a fair bit of reading lately, and it appears that the UK and Canada are quite conservative when it comes to IVF. Not saying it's a bad, or good thing :) I agree...Since this all new to me, I really need to do my research. My BFF had 3 implanted in December, and one stuck. It's just a game of odds/chances. You know? She was 38 at the time, and they wanted to implant 5 if she had them. That was at the clinic in Calgary, Canada. She is 8 years older than I am...Perhaps that plays a big/large part in it. I'm very surprised that you are only allowed 2 embryos in the UK though. Wow. I have a LOT of reading to do!!

So ladies I AM PUPO!!!!! Introducing, "luck and love" Complete details in my journal.

ellemar thats the clinic I go to! The wait list for IVF is only 2-3 months but if you're not a patient it's another 2-3 month to get consult. They're moving offices in Oct so they can accommodate more cycles and thus lower or get rid of the wait list. I love my clinic, they have the best rates in Canada :)

Attachments

• luck&love.jpg
    luck&love.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 4
Yay thats great news kelly, tons of luck and everything crossed for u. :flower:

Hi all-not much happening with me at the mo, am reading but trying not to come on here too often!

WOW Hope!!!!!!!!!! massive congratualtions, so pleased, happy and excited at your good news! I hope the scan comes round quick for you!!! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months! xx

Kelly-huge congrats on pupo with two, excellent news after a long wait for you too! best of luck, snuggle embies snuggle!!!!!!!

Hi everyone else, sorry just a quickie really...x

So ladies I AM PUPO!!!!! Introducing, "luck and love" Complete details in my journal.

ellemar thats the clinic I go to! The wait list for IVF is only 2-3 months but if you're not a patient it's another 2-3 month to get consult. They're moving offices in Oct so they can accommodate more cycles and thus lower or get rid of the wait list. I love my clinic, they have the best rates in Canada :)

No way! Small world.... :)

My family Dr in Calgary is referring me to the Clinic once my test results come back this week! The FSH, std panel, etc... When I called the clinic they told me that it could be a year before they call me :( However, is it really quicker? I have actually read that they are definitely one of the best in Canada, and that people from all over the country are travelling to Calgary to have their IVF done!!

FX for you - that's where my BFF had hers and she is due this July!! I'm praying for a very healthy 9 months for you :hugs:

I got in on the 3rd month for consult, I can't see them making you wait except if the move causes problems, not sure how long they'll shut down to do that. No harm in being referred. They do get couples from around the world there which is good and bad, cause it makes the wait longer. We went through them for our fresh and this frozen cycle and got pregnant but obviously we lost Hannah about half way through due to a condition she had. My experiences there have all been mostly good and today was no exception. When we move up north we'll still come back to calgary for future FET if we have more kids. Hopefully that won't be for a very long time though.

St lovely to see you, hope you're doing ok :hugs:

Tiff thank goodness you're PUPO! I just always assumed you would be then a little bit ago suddenly stopped mid train of thought and was like omg what if they don't defrost??? I logged on here holding my breath and was so delighted to see pictures of luck and love :) put your feet up girl, we need to be bump buddies for a good nine months or so this time :thumbup:

Hope big congrats!!!!! So is pleased for you!!!!!! Happy healthy 9 months!! Your baby might be born on my bday!! 6th of jan if there late!!

Kelly congrats on pupo !!

Hi ellemar! Welcome!!

Hi maddie, st, aq, rosa, tinks, smile, Traskey, princess, doodar and all the gang x

Kelly yeahhhhhh your pupo, so excited for you xx

Hi st, nice to hear from you xx

Oh Ellemar I can't stress how valuable it is to read lots of info before treatment. Not to stress you out but to keep you well informed xx

Hi Kazzab how are you? How are things?

Hope everyone ok xx

Hi Kazza and all the rest!

Hope I agree bump buds till we're full term this time. Any thoughts on if you're having one or two? Maybe this thread will get a nice twin explosion!

My throat is sore and I'm a wuss at dealing with that kind of pain so it sucks. If it appeared in 3 days time I might be excited lol but nope. Going to try hard not to symptom spot since the progesterone mimics preggo hormones.

Well OTD isn't till may 15th but I'm going to try to hold off till may 7th or 8th which would put me at 10 or 11dpo.

Kelly - I bet the move is what they are worried about at the clinic? They didn't tell me they were moving, only that I needed a referral from my Family Dr, and that it could take up to a year before I am called in for consult. They actually said they would not use my Dr in Mexico, and they only accept referrals from Canadian Dr's? I'm okay with this as DH and I are both Canadians, and still paying Cdn taxes!! Not to mention, we will be paying 100% out of pocket for our IVF. We have zero coverage for meds/procedure... My BFF at least got about $6000 back through her hubbies work! I'm very glad you are enjoying your experience with the clinic so far.... Again, sorry about your daughter...I can't imagine.

Kazza and Maddie -Thanks for the welcome :) Couldn't agree more Maddie, I need to do my research. It's just so funny as I don't want to stress myself out, however, I know I need to read up. You know? I have to find a good balance.... Much appreciated advice :)

Best of luck ladies!!!

I'm on day 2 of birth control. DH and I are going to decide this week if we are doing IVF in June or September..... What to do, what to do!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->