IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Hey Girlies!

Tiff I'm a poasaholic so I'm not the best to give any encouragement not to poas I'm more likely to say POAS!! only kidding :haha: do what you feel comfortable with but I have a sneaky feeling you'll be poas sooner rather than later :haha: think I got my bfp at 9dpo may have been sooner, can't remember now. Just saying though :haha: not pushing you to poas at all.

Hope how was the wedding? hope you had a lovely day.

Maddie how you doing? wow 10 weeks already, it goes so quick. Is it scan time soon?

Ellemar Wow!!! they allow you 4, my word. I think its down to own personal preference on how many you have put back. I think whatever number you go for it will always play on your mind whether you should have gone for a different number, whether it be more or less. On our first fresh attempt we had two blast put back and that ended in mc, then on the second attempt fet we had 2 blasts put back and that ended in mc by this stage I convinced myself that it was because we were putting two back and my body just couldn't cope with it. The third attempt fet we had one put back because the other failed to thaw but that resulted in a bfn (this one was the lowest grade of the frozen embies that we had frozen). Our fourth fresh attempt we actually opted for 1 blast to be put back and luckily for us it worked and now having gone through this pregnancy with the amnio and GD etc (not that I would have changed any of it) I honestly dont think my body could have coped with growing twins, not that I wouldn't of liked twins because I would have loved them. When I think back to the start of my treatment and how desperate I was to have a baby, I was willing to have all the embies put back just through sheer desperation and I think because of the heartache of the mc aswell.
You have to weigh up the pros and cons for your own individual circumstances and try to think realistically and not be blinkered by the whole treatment process or percentage of failures. Will you be having any frozen? My consultant gave a good piece of advice he said if you have 2 put back and they take then 1 would have taken also, but then there is the chance that you could have 2 put back and only 1 take and had you opted just to have that 1 put back then it would have failed but having the second one put back at a later date would have taken, so it just means waiting a little longer for that bfp (I hope all that makes sense). I guess it depends how many babies you want, but 4 wow you would deserve a medal. Good luck with your decision hun its a tough one :hugs:

Happy weekend girls :flower:

Kazza yay!

Made it out the door without poas. Really want to make it till monday 10dpo. I got
My bfp at 9 dpo last time to but it was super faint. I have 3 frers.

Dh and I got in a huge fight last night cause skyler was up screaming all night and cause I worked the next morning I expected Chris do deal with it. Well he didn't and now I'm going on a total of 2 hours sleep and on top of being all neg about FET I did not need that.

tiff well done for getting out the house without poas :happydance:
sorry your stressed with the arguement and lack of sleep but surely embies will have started to snuggle in by now so im sure it wouldnt have made a difference :hugs:

maddie we're off to majorca on june 13th :thumbup: ill be turning 24 weeks while we're away :happydance:

Princess - Thank you for sharing your situation/story with me!! I googled a bit yesterday, and kinda have an understanding of blast transfer now....It is a procedure that is less risky for multiples, correct? Super congrats on having a BFP and a VERY happy, healthy 9 months for you :hugs:

Kazza - Thanks for the response. Just interesting to see how different clinics, countries, etc... do things! Isn't it? I'm still in utter shock by it all....Best of luck your next cycle!!! Keep us posted!!

Kelly - Awww....I feel for you. The TWW is the longest of our lives!!! I've been pregnant twice, and can certainly say that neither time I had ANY symptoms. NONE. So really, try not to stress yourself (easy for me to say). It will work!!!

Traskey - Wow, amazing!! Congrats on your two bundle of joys growing in that belly of yours!!! I have certainly picked up on the conservative approach taken by some countries!! I can see why... I've said it earlier, but I'm in Mexico, and they said 3 for sure they'd like to implant, and that they would do 4 dependent on my tests, etc.... Ultimately, it will be my choice. I mean if I produce enough follies... Again, super congrats on your great news!! Thanks for sharing:hugs:

Doodar - Yes, they allow 4 only if they feel it's best for my chances.... However, they said 3 is their target... It's so funny as my BFF just had IVF in Canada this past December, and they transfered 3 for her.... So this is such a shock to me that it's surprising everyone!! LOL!! I have a TON to learn. I've read so much lately, that I am actually learning a bit. I completely understood what you were saying! Thank you so much. For me, one of my biggest challenges is also the cost of the IVF. We have ZERO coverage, and are paying 100% out of pocket. I told DH that if we have twins, we are done. No more. We would be so happy to be honest. Heck, we'd be happy with one don't get me wrong, but would be done with two. With regards to freezing? It will depend on how many good follies I produce. If I have some to freeze, than yes, we will do it! Our biggest challenge is that we just spent $6500 or more on IUI's..... Now we have to come up with more money for our first IVF. I pray that it works as we probably won't be able to try again for a year... DH and I insist on paying cash for our treatments. This way if we do get a BFP we aren't in debt!!! LOL!! I think I've decided that I definitely will not transfer 4, unless my Dr really thinks I need to.... The Dr's in Canada wanted to transfer up to 5 for my BFF, but she only had 3 good ones, and 1 stuck. She's due this July. Ohhhh the choices. Also, can you believe they allow us to have gender selection? I really don't think I want to do that, but should I take advantage? One, and one at least? Or is that playing with fate? I don't know..... Thanks so much for your response!! I am soooo happy that your 4th attempt was a success!! SUPER huge congratulations!!! :hugs:

I know not everyone gets symptoms but I always have and thats why it's doing my head in, I feel deep down that it's going to be neg on test day and it scares me. I was hoping the negativity was just a phase but it's been 4 days and it hasn't gone anywhere. Somewhere inside me I'm hoping that I'm wrong and the lack of symptoms are just clouding my judgement. I'll cry if I get a bfp.

I was driving somewhere yesterday and just happened to look at the car's license plate in front of me and the first 3 characters were "bfp", for those who don't know our license plates they are usually 3 letters then a space followed by 3 numbers. It gave me some hope but its wavering.

Awww....... I sure hope that is a positive sign!!!!

I know. When I did my last IUI I just had a feeling that I wasn't....However, my first IUI was the opposite. A ton of symptoms, and nada. I guess we never know, until we know.... How many days post transfer are you now? When can you take a test?

Until then, we will all keep our fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!

I am 8dpo today so getting there, I hope it's a good sign.

Morning ladies, happy Sunday.

I'm just going to get ready for church. Weather not bad here at the moment. I really shouldn't speak to soon xx

Hi Rosa, how are things? Haven't seen you in a while. Can't believe your 22/40 wow x

Kelly hang in there. Every pregnancy is different. I have every faith in this being your time xx

Ellemar you have so much decisions to make. I'm sure you will make the right one for you at the time. It's always good to have a plan but you never know how your going to respond to the drugs etc. Please bare that in mind. Wishing you all the best for your future cycle. X

Hi to hope,doodar,st,Traskey,Kazza,Aq,tinks,princess,babies and the rest of the gang xx

Hey Maddie - Thanks so much.... Yeah, we have a "plan"...LOL! Get pregnant!! I really wonder how I am going to respond to the drugs. They are similar to the ones I was on when I was doing IUI. My BFF had to use nasal spray for period suppression, however, I am on BC now so they said it isn't necessary for me... I hope I respond well and get a few good eggs for retrieval. I think we will make our final decision(s) when we are actually going through the cycle. See what the Dr says, and then DH and I make some really important decisions. I just hope they stick! How are you feeling now? Are you 10 weeks? I think I read that !!!!

Kelly - 8 days!!! You can test soon and then you'll really know!! It IS a good sign:hugs:

Hi Ellemar I'm with you on that plan. Bfp!!!!! All the way. I hope you respond very well to the drugs. Im 11 weeks on Tuesday. My chart is wrong that's according to scan dates. Dating scan 18/05. I never like to rush things or the weeks,months, year, However can't wait till this bean of ours is here xx

Ohhh well either way you will have a baby in 2012!!!! I was really hoping to be in the same shoes, but alas, nature had different plans for us!! You must be so excited for your scan!!!
What types of drugs were you on? How did you react? Eeek.... How was the retrieval? That's the part I'm sorta intimidated by!!! LOL!!

Ellemar I was fine with the drugs. I downregged on buserelin and stimmed with menopur. The retrieval went well. It took them a while to cannulate me but other than that I was fine. It's weird because things that your possibly afraid of you will just get on with it. If it means having a little miracle at the end of a difficult process, you'll do it 100 times over. X

Just popping in to say hi to u all but i am still pretty much taking a break from the boards as we are at a standstill treatment wise at the moment so not much to report and i do find it hard with so much pregnancy talk etc even tho i am so happy for you all.

Tiff- Good luck for testing! stay away from the sticks x

Maddie- Wow cant believe your 10wks! i would be the same now if our cycle had worked x

Hi to Trask, Tinks, ST, Princess,Doodar, and all the gang x

AFM- Went for MRI scan for my brain yesterday so just waiting on results which take 2wks apparantly. No news is good news. Been suffering a lot with my neuralgia so going to take it easy tomorrow as worked all day today and im worn out. xxx

Tested this morning and neg. I know it's still early but I wasn't surprised. Maybe deeP down we all know. Still very much thinking luck and love are gone.

Morning ladies,

AQ good luck for results. I completely understand you taking a break from the boards. I know your happy for us & I think of you often. This is quite random but a lady called Nell from the other boards had a lot of failed cycles & is now pregnant. It's amazing, she has been through so much. Don't give up, keep your head up,look after yourself and I know by his grace you will be a mummy xx

Kelly, hang in there. I think too early. Goodluck if your testing again today xxx

Bfn on an ic and frer at 10dpo. I've decided not to test again till 12dpo. Still thinking it's over.

Awww..Kelly, I hope that it's just too early.....I really, really do!!

Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!

Kelly I'm hoping to early too. Goodluck for Wednesday. Maybe late little implanters xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->