IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Hello ladies.

I have caught up with all your news as i am using my husbands dongle to get onto my laptop intill the idiots that have cut the phone wire by mistake get it sorted with BT :-(
Glad to see things are going in the right direction for everyone.

Zowiey- That baseline scan sounds yuck! lol. I dont know if my clinic do it x

Princess- I had no immunity to rubella at all, so had to have the first jab then wait 1mth for the 2nd and then 3wks after that i had my blood redone at the clinic and it showed i was immune so i got my drugs/needles appt then. It causes a small delay so if u only need 1 jab, just get blood retested 3wks after that and it should be fine.

Hi to tinks, traskey, loopyloo, and everyone of you.

I am still very devastated over the loss of my mum. It will be 2wks on monday since we lost her and i miss her more with each passing day. Funeral service was worded perfectly and i managed to read my poem which im glad about. Chapel was packed and only standing room at the back. Just love my mum so much and now i cant show her that love anymore which is heartbreaking so i pray that this IVF works and then i can feel the joy of my love for our child and hopefully it will take some of this terrible void and heartache away. We are still going ahead with starting this cycle so just waiting on AF now. She was due yesterday but i think with all the stress and sadness that il be a few days late. Still booked in for needles training on the 9th sep tho.

xxx

:hug:

AQ, it is lovely to see you, we have all been thinking of you. I am glad that you were able to read your poem for your mum. I'm sure she was so proud of you, reading that for her. I am hoping that the witch comes soon and that all your stress and worry doesn't hold her up for too long.

AQ, I am so so sorry to hear about your mother. :hugs: That must be so terrible. I hope IVF works for you soon. :flower:

Thanks AQ for the info on the rubella injections, hope your well, you've been in my thoughts, I'm sure your mom is so proud of you!

Rang my gp yesterday for my rubella shot, turns out they don't even do the injections, any idea where I'd get them done? I'm booked in for an appointment with the nurse for advice anyway, I'm wondering if they'll tell me to not bother having it done but I've heard if I contract it during pregnancy it can cause the baby to be deaf :/

I dunno I'm gunna see what they say but I'd rather have it done and wait then cause my hopefully future baby harm.

I was in the June/July ivf thread but because of the cyst, June and July went without me doing ivf and now august has nearly gone too, I wonder if this thread will go along without my ivf happening too :/

Xx

Hi all! well back from my camping hol, and I mostly had a good time!
Firstly want to give my best wishes to AQ, I have just read through the last 11 or so pages since I have been away and I was so sad to see your post announcing the passing of your dear mum. I'm sure it's only a small consolation but I was pleased to then read that your mum managed to choose a bangle for future bubba!! I hope you and your family are coping as best as can be!

So the last week then-the first few days of my hol I was still have lots of tummy pain and couldn't eat. Then would you flippin believe it, because I was run down I got loads of mouth ulcers which I haven't had in years and years and also my widom tooth coming through!-OMG AGONY! had no idea!!! and basically still couldn't eat as I couldn't up my mouth very far! lol! I was taking codeine and am still taking oremazole. TMI-but the codeine made me constipated! great! I don't know when to stop taking the oremazole as the hospital didn't say-but when I accidentally forgot to take one a few days ago the pains were back by the evening which is worrying. Im just so cross that just when I need to be fit and healthy for ivf I seem to have all sorts wrong with me!! grr!!!

Anyhow-welcome to the new posters! sorry I can't say much else but after reading 11 ish pages my brain is all muddled up as to who is doing what and when!!!

Trask-so exciting that you have the drugs actually in your house now and starting monday!!
OOOh OOOh I haven't said yet!! we have been matched with a recipient for my eggs and it's all confirmed!!!!! they rang last friday! So its all going ahead next cyle-early september they said! (currently on cd20-don't know when or if oved as they put me on bcp this month) have appt on the 30th where I guess will get injection training? Trask we might be stimming at the same time-as im on short protocol!

Tinks-glad they finally did that thaw and it was good news!

princess-yay to amh, boo to the rubella! I was worried about my rubella do but luckily was ok. Sounds like you will just be the one month then from what AQ said. Then you should be matched really quickly-I was matched one week after getting bloods back! have you found out where to get booster injection?

apologies to anyone I should have mentioned!!! I need to look back on the pages again!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yay, welcome back ST! I am sorry that you are still struggling with your health. Keep plugging away at the pills so that you'll be super fit and healthy for your short protocol. That would be great if we were stimming together :dance: Sounds like we might be as OFU down reg you for 3 weeks. I start stimming injections on the 14th so you may even get started before me.

hi all im sorry i dont get on here much these days lol how are you all doing?

i had my consultation/planning appt at my new clinic today we will be starting after next period so pleased thought it may be a month later! so hopefully about 21st sept for down regging! omg here we go again! xxxxx

Hi Ladies,

Nothing to report here really. Got made redundant on Thursday :shock: thankfully I have a part time pub job to fall back on a little. Bad news is obviously trying to look for a job when I know Im going to need time off but not knowing when its goiung to be iygwim. Im off to the wirral for a couple of days from Monday to visit my grandparents and hoping I come back to a letter regarding our funding.

AQ - Im glad that all went well at the funeral :hugs: :hugs: Sounds like she was a very well loved lady. :hugs:

Trask - Only 2 sleeps left :wohoo:

Yellow - :hi: Welcome to the thread! Best of luck with your cycle xxx

Princess - Hope you dont get delayed any longer xxx

ST - Glad you had a nice time away, but sorry to hear about your codine troubles :grr: Hope you feel better soon

Hope everyone else is all well and enjoying the weekend xx

Hiya st, glad you had a nice hol, nope still have no idea where to get my rubella jab yet lol might post in general chat or w,e to see if anyone over there knows lol,

Can't believe how quick they got you paired withsomeone! Can someone tell me what the difference is between the short and long protocol?
I've probs been told before but can't for the life on me remember, my minds gone blank lol

:hi: to everyone else lol

Xx

There are two basic protocols for conventional IVF - the long and the short. In the long protocol, drugs are given in a nasal spray or injections to stop the ovaries and throw the woman into a temporary menopause that can last for some weeks. The process is known as "down regulation". Then she will be taught to inject herself with another drug under the skin every day for a further week and a half to stimulate the ovaries to produce many eggs. Finally, a third drug is injected to make the eggs ripen ready for egg collection. The short protocol takes roughly four weeks as opposed to about six/seven, is matched to the woman's cycle and involves less of the initial ovary suppression drug.

Hey princess-found this online. I know the difference but its hard to explain! Basically with the short you don't do the 'down reg' bit. The thing I don't know is how they decide who needs long and who needs short. anyone know? is it partly age?x

I've got no idea why they choose long or short. It does seem that long is the preferred method in most cases!

AQ, lovely to hear from you :thumbup: Really glad the funeral went well :hugs::hugs::hugs: Praying you get some goods with you first cycle :hugs:

Princess, hope you manage to find the info, will your ivf clinic not do it? Dont worry about cycle buddies as I am more then likely going to be October :thumbup:

ST, sorry you are still struggling with the pain and you were poorly during your camping trip. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Annie :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: for DR start date. I am so excited for you to be starting again:happydance::happydance:

Sam, thats horrid about you job, will you be able to manage? Really hope you can find something soon.

Traskey, one more sleep :happydance::happydance::happydance:

My sister bought a pram yesterday, she is 14 weeks. I was talking to her abit them so started to look for myself. Now I know this is dangorous but could not help myself. Is that really naughty :wacko:

thank you all for the warm welcome!

Africaqueen, I am so sorry to hear about your mum :hug:

Traskey, I am doing injections for my down reg. Well actually my DH is the one injecting me as I don't think I can do it to myself. I don't even look at it when he does the jab. How about you, are you doing nasal sprays or injections? Good luck tomorrow!!! :D

Princess, I feel for you about the delays in your IVF. I started the June/July/Aug thread thinking that I'd be starting on July since we had the consent signing in June. The one month delay felt like ages. But don't worry, you will get there eventually. Just think of this delay as some more time for you to do things that you would be giving up when you start your IVF and become pregnant ;)

Tinks, I haven't allowed myself to look at anything like that yet but it's tempting if your sister was deciding what to have.

Yellowbell, I am going to be on Synarel (Nafareling acetate) nasal sprays. We thought it was Buserelin but they've sent a different make. I just have to inject the Menopur in three weeks.

My sister bought a pram yesterday, she is 14 weeks. I was talking to her abit them so started to look for myself. Now I know this is dangorous but could not help myself. Is that really naughty :wacko:

When DH had his VR we went and had a look round babys R us! that was 2 years and 5 months ago!!!! how naive were we?!!!!! :wacko:
Now I just have a glancing (longing look) as I walk past any baby departments or shops! I did actually enjoy choosing some baby clothes for my friends baby-and didn't find it sad. I do believe I will have a baby-it's just a case of when!
I have been 'collecting' babay names for years tho!X

I haven't collected any baby names but after years of teaching there is a list of ones that I don't :haha: All the naughty childrens names. Some names just always produce a naughty child!

i chose my pram sytem when i was preg after my last cycle i'm glad we didnt buy it tho!
my thoughts are no harm in looking just dont buy it too soon lol!

xxxx

Hello ladies!

Aq so nice to see you, im glad the funeral went well, it must have been a little comfort to know so many people cared about your mum? I hope you're ok? :hugs:

Trask is it tomorrow you start? I bet you've never been so eager to sniff something?? :haha:

Tinks, hope tomorrow goes ok for hubby

Hello to everyone else :wave:

We have our Fs Appt tomorrow, so fingers crossed we get a definite start date!

I'm on my phone so I apologise for any bad spelling!

xxxxx

Thanks Zowiey.
I spent all day yesterday crying and today i have held up ok intill earlier... i just take each day as it comes and feel thankful when i get in bed each night, put my head on the pillow and get release via sleep.

Best of luck for your appt tomorrow and i hope you get a start date xxx

I haven't collected any baby names but after years of teaching there is a list of ones that I don't :haha: All the naughty childrens names. Some names just always produce a naughty child!

My dh and I are teachers, too, and between the two of us, there are VERY few names we both agree on! It's impossible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->