IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Afternoon everyone

Well, i have my customary afternoon headache but I think the withdrawal bleed is almost over. 9 days to bloods and stimms :D

I have to confess that I have not bought a thing, not even a magazine. I asked DH if I was being pessimistic about our chances and he thinks not. I guess i'm just trying to not get my hopes up after so long.

Hope you are all having a good day!

Tinks- You will be fine. I promise. I was very scared of getting put to sleep before my 1st ectopic surgery but the nerves do go once its done x

Traskey- Glad its all going well and not long intill stimms now! bet you cant wait. Its 9 days till i start dr now but time is going so slow now. lol. x

Just making a turkey roast dinner and then im going to spend the day reading mags an having a lazy one xxx

Me neither Traskey. I had a quick look at prams the other week but that was only really because my sister was buying hers. I do take my time in the baby sections dreaming but would never buy anything. I dont think I will buy anything until 12 week scan and even then only what has to be bought. I know some may think I am pessimistic but I am a bit superstitious and never buy for any baby until they have been born, unless mum to be has a baby shower before the birth. I am sounding quite crazy the last few days :haha:

I dont think there is anything wrong necessary in buying now if thats what you want, its a personal choice I guess.

:happydance::happydance::happydance: Traskey - 9 days until stimming :happydance::happydance::happydance:

AQ - enjoy your dinner and lazy day. Thanks again for the advice x

If anyone wants to watch, Test Tube Babies is back on Home and Health in the early hours. It's quite interesting, well the first one is that i've watched. I Skyplus it :haha:

Should point out though that they follow the process and it isn't always a bfp but sometimes a bfn :(

Does it show the whole process??? Thats sounds fab but I dont have sky :nope:

Traskey, i watch home and health all the time with baby story and midwives but never seen test tube babies so such sky+ it too. Thanks for that :) xxx

Hello ladies!

Phew that was a catch up!

Samba, so sorry to hear you're not feeling to good, I hope you get moving soon, take care of yourself :hugs:

Trask, so good to see you back! Glad you had a nice holiday!

ST & AQ, I want to buy pregnancy mags soooo bad, but hubby won't let me! But I have decided on which pram I want, and also how I want the nursery! When we first started ttc, I brought a little snow suit, for the going home outfit, and I said to hubby that we probably won't be able to use it as our baby (please god!) will be born in June, and he told me off! Don't get me wrong, I'm super bloody hopeful, but I'm not delusional!

Well, I'm on day 5 of dr, and I'm feeling it like a bitch! I'm crabby as hell, had a full emotional breakdown yesterday, because hubby was playing his music to loud in the car! I proper sobbed, and was so upset! :haha: Then once I calmed down I felt like a right loser! I'm super bloated. having hot flushes, and the worst I'm finding is I'm exhausted all the time. From about 4pm every evening I literally have no energy to do anything, and now my boobs are hurting soooo bad, and I'm cramping, but I only have 3 days until Af arrives, but at least I won't have long, the consultant said that once I start menopur, then the supercur side effects will stop :happydance:

Anyway, I will be around more this week, so will be able to do proper catch ups!
xxxxx

That doesn't sound much fun Zo! Sorry you are suffering so badly. I haven't been as bad as that but I have had a headache every day. I need to up my water intake I think. Been a little teary but not too bad. No mega melt downs at DH yet. Sorry you've been so exhausted though every day. That doesn't sound any fun at all.

:hugs:

Thanks trask. I'm trying my hardest to not let it get to me too much, I suppose this is just what we have to do! Headaches everyday can't be to fab either? That must wear you down? Big hugs for you :hugs:

Sorry you are suffering so much Zowie. Poor DH :haha: I think we are allowed to be bitches throughout this whole process and get away with it. DOnt feel bad hun, I am sure it will come to us all :hugs:

Rosababy - I really hope you dont have to wait another cycle. Are you do short or long protocol?

The nerves are really hitting me now, I dont think I can stand feeling like this for another 2 weeks and that before I even start. EC is filling me with dread, I am so scared of being put to sleep :nope:

I don't know if it's long or short. My Lupron injections start the 16th of Sept with a retrieval of Oct 7. So, 3 weeks of injections. Is that long or short?

Do not worry about being under. I was terrified when I had my lap so I totally understand what you are going through, but you will be fine. Believe me. You'll wake up and not remember a thing. It'll be just fine. :hugs:

Rosababy- Yes we are very close with our dates :) lets hope our edd's are the next thing we have in common ;-)

YES!!! I think we'll have a lot of bfps around the same time in here! We'll have to start another preggo thread after this!! :headspin:

Zowiey,
I'm so sorry you're struggling with emotions and pain. :hugs: I'm sure most of us are not far behind you. I'm already having headaches from my caffeine withdrawl, so add that to what is to come and I'll be a MESS!

:hi: Hi to everyone else!! It's 95 degrees out, but it's September. So you better believe I'm wearing sweatshirts, jeans, watching football, chili in the crockpot and I just put my fall decor up in my house! I LOVE FALL!

Morning ladies - thanks so much for the warm welcome and sorry to go AWOL so quickly. I had a really bad day at work on Friday that included tears in the toilets and then I just couldn't shake the blue feeling all weekend. Well until I had a bloody good cry yesterday lunch time - think I needed that! I think the thought of ISCI has just overwhelmed me and my coping mechanism went out the window. I am definitely thinking of speaking to my GP to see if he'll sign me off for the 2WW.

I'm in rush to get to work so I'll have to catch up proper later - but just wanted to say Tinks - I share your fear of going under for the EC. But I'm sure we'll all be fine. I voiced this concern at my patient open evening and the nurse said "well we haven't lost one yet!" She said to make sure I reminded them on the day so they could make sure I was as calm as I could be about it.

Morning ladies just a quick update, EC went well 19 eggs in total will get phone call tomorrow to see how many fertilised. Feeling a bit poo at the moment so going home to bed for a few hours rest

Keep you updated speak soon x

Gave in and POAS this morning I am 7dp3dt and I saw 2 lines! It was faint but it was definately there! My beta isn't till Saturday... I don't know if I can wait.

Zowiey sorry your feeling so bad, hopefully the next stage is better...:hugs::hugs:

Dee those are awesome numbers, sorry your not feeling too good...:hugs::hugs:

Hope it really is so much to take in...having a good cry can be such a release...:hugs::hugs:

mmgritten :happydance::happydance: Whoop Whoop........

lou

Hope, I'm sorry you had a crappy day. :hugs: I have those too. Sometimes crying is all you can do. I hope your week goes better.

Delly, 19!! That's great! I'm sure lots will get fertilized!

mm, YESS!!! I definitely won't be able to wait the full 14 days either! I hope this is it for you!

Hope- Welcome back and hope you feel better soon x

Delly- Wow 19 eggs! keep drinking lots of water and get plenty of rest and good luck for tomorrow x

mm- Good news about the 2 lines. Best of luck for beta x

Im off to stay with my dad as dh works away tonight and since my mum passed away i go to keep my dad company so il be online again tomorrow xxx

Rosa ~ I love fall! It's my favourite time of year.

Hope ~ Hope you are having a better day today than your weekend.

Delly ~ 19 eggs :happydance::thumbup: Hope you get more good news tomorrow on fertilisation.

MMgritten ~ wow, sending you lots of :dust:

Lou ~ hope you are well

AQ~ have a lovely evening with your dad

:hugs: for everyone else!

ST - My DH almost had to have SSR but we have banked before starting so the surgery shouldn't now be necessary, I think this is a cheaper option for NHS :haha:. Can you not drive after a local? Oh no, you will have to arange fo someone to pick you up. What a bit of a nightmere, just more hassle. Do you live far from the clinic?

Hi! I'm pretty sure she said he was having a local, but I might be wrong, maybe it's a general! I don't know what it's called that I'm having she just said 'sedated'. She definately said neither of us will be able to drive! it is hassle-the clinic is about an hr an 15 mins away.x

Trask!-boo to headaches! I get them all the time they are horrible, I have always suffered since a child.

Zowiey-oh bless you! I fear I will be just the same!

Hope- hope you feel better soon x

Delly- 19 eggs! fantastic-goodluck!!!! x

To all the people chatting about buying magazines and clothes, I totally understand you not buying anything at all, everyone is different. I will buy the odd mag but have decided not to but clothes until 12 weeks.

Today-First day back at school today with a brand new head teacher starting! I had to tell her about starting ivf and I started to cry!! great first impression! oh well! x

MM- Best of luck for beta! fab news! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->