IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Just thought I would pop in to say HI!

So our stats are:

18 eggs retrieved
11 fertilized
5 good embryo's at Day 4 and some straglers :)

Rosababy - I am loving your positive attitude. Preggo thread would be great :thumbup:

Hope - A good cry can make you feel so much better. Letting it all out helps :hugs: I think I will speak to the nurses about EC and see if they can ease my worry a bit. We never had an open evening or anything like that so I have only read about it really, the cons breifly touched on it :shrug:

Delly - 19 eggs is fab, I cant wait to hear you update :thumbup:

mmgritten - :happydance::happydance::happydance:thats great, I really hope that line gets darker. When are you going to test again?

AQ - Hope you have a nice night with your dad :hugs::hugs:

Well 2 weeks today until DR :happydance::happydance: I had a bit of a panic this afternoon. It all seemed to hit me how soon we will be starting and for a few hours I felt so anxious it was awful. I mean I feel anxious about IVF/ICSI 24/7 but this was just so overwhelming. I dont think I will be sane by the end of this :haha:

PCOSmom - Those number are good. When will they freeze them?How are you feeling?

Delly - wow that's a great harvest!

MM - yay for the second line, when are you going to test again? In 27 months I've only poas a handful of times but I know I'll be itching to do it in the 2ww after ISCI! My hubby will have a fit though ;)

Pcosmum - good numbers for you too!

Tink-I would definitely talk to the nurses about your anxiety over EC, they should be able to put your mind at rest.

I've been in tears again today- its like I'm turning into some anxious wreck and we haven't even had our planning appt yet let alone started the drugs! Today was because i was talking to hubby about how I'd like to start this cycle if they'll let me and he said oh but October isn't good as I won't be able to take time off work for EC and ET. I just started crying! October isn't great, but then November is worse for me as I'll be finding out the results of the restructure at work and might struggle to take time off at all. We reached a compromise in the end and I told him to get used to the crying and the strops because things will get a whole lot worse when I get on those drugs lol

Good news is my hypnotherapist is going to fit in some appointments for me before and during our cycle. She works wonders and will help me stay calm and centred through the whole thing :)

Hello to everyone else - hope you're all doing well x

Hope - TBH I dont think there will ever be a perfect time. It will clash with something not matter when you do it, it just the way things go. I really hope you can start this cycle :hugs: What happens at your planning appt? Will you get dates then?

Completely agree which is why I'd prefer to get started sooner rather than later. Can't stand being a nervous wreck lol. Our appt is on Wednesday and I think we get dates then. I'll be on CD8 and my clinic starts DR on CD19 so it's entirely possible that we can start this month. Around the same time as you I think?

ST, I hope your new head was sympathetic and supportive.

PCOS, 11 fertilised eggs and a clutch of good ones :wohoo:

Tinks, I doubt any of us will get out of this sane :haha:

Yes we would be almost the same. I start on the 19th but will be cd24, which I am not frilled about. GL for Wednesday :thumbup:

Traskey - Glad its not just me then. Not that I want to drag you all dwon with me :haha:

PCOSmom - Those number are good. When will they freeze them?How are you feeling?

The first 2 days after egg retrieval were rough! But now I am 4 days passed and feeling better ... still way tender though.

The doctor said they will freeze them tonight :happydance:

Glad you are feeling better PCOSmom. I bet you will be more relieved when you know the are safe and sound on ice :thumbup:

Glad you are feeling better PCOSmom. I bet you will be more relieved when you know the are safe and sound on ice :thumbup:

For sure!!!! :thumbup:

I just pray that they thaw okay!! I'm sad I didn't get to do a fresh cycle, but I have to trust the doctor that they are putting my best interest at heart.

Hi All--

I had my first egg retrieval today and am quite positive. I know there are many outcomes, but I am going to expect the best and be ready for whatever comes our way.

DH and I are both 37, have been together 5 years, and got married this July :wedding:
We've been ttc for just over 2 years.
Things on my side have been good.
He has male factor. :nope:
We tried an IUI cycle in April, but got a :bfn:
I started on BCP in August, followed by Menopur and Gonal-F...triggered Saturday night.
At 8:30 this morning I had my retrieval--9 eggs to be fertilized (ISCI).

So, they will call me Wednesday to let me know if I should come in on Thursday or Saturday.

Looking for friends and happy thoughts :)

--Stacy

Welcome to the thread and good luck to your eggys. Fx for Wednesday :thumbup:

Hope you are recovering ok.

Good for you being positive,cant do any harm.

Good luck with the freezing PC! Hope those embies stay nice and healthy until your body is ready for them.

Welcome Stacy. Congratulations of 9 eggs, waiting to be fertilised. Hope you get good news tomorrow on how many do.

Sending everyone :dust: and pma vibes!

Welcome Stacey :) glad to know your EC went all well. All the best for wednesday.

Hi Tinks, Traskey, PcosMom, AQ, SAM.......and everyone else.

PcosMom, it's good that they are freezing, you won't have to go through EC again :)

Hope everything is going well with you AQ.

PCOSmom - Great news on the frosties - do the doctors think they will be able to do ET next cycle for you?

Welcome Stacy - Good luck for Wednesday - hopefully those 9 eggs will fertilise and give you many options :) Hope you're taking it easy.

I can't quite believe our planning appointment is now "tomorrow" - it's all moving very quickly! Thanks to whoever here gave the tip off about Test Tube Babies - I plussed it and watched a couple last night. It's really interesting to see some of the procedures and two of the four women I saw went on to have healthy babies. For the others it was a little heartbreaking to watch though.

Good Morning Ladies hope you are well and things moving nicely for you.

Had phone call this morning 9 eggs fertilised out the 19 so not a bad count. ET on Friday @ 10.00 am. does that make a 5 or 4 day transfer if EC was yesterday. I am hoping that the remainder will make it to freezing stage as it will give us the option to try again if this fails as can't afford the whole process again.

Take care x

Good Morning Delly, wow that's a good figure I must say :) Good luck for Friday & FXed for you

delly,,, this is so werd cos i dnt even no u but iv just had a tear on my eye as i read this!! iv never posted here bfore as im new to the forum,, but omg i hope this works for u xx

Hi ladies.

Stacy- Welcome to our thread and best of luck x

Lovecutie- I am ok as can be thank you. Take each day as it comes and i start dr in 7 days so cant wait for that at last! hope your ok? x

Hope- Good luck for your appt tomorrow x

Delly- FAB news!! good luck for fri! u will soon be pupo x

Hi to Traskey, Tinks, rosababy and all the gang :)

Well this time next wk il be starting my dr injections!! i cant believe it is FINALLY happening for us! i am so excited and nervous and thankful for this chance and i am confident my mum will guide us through it all and i pray a positive outcome xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->