IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Hi everyone

6 more days of down regging and then it's injections time. I'm onto my second bottle of Synarel. Hope, fortunately we only have to sniff twice a day, not every 4 hours. That will be 3 weeks of DR then 10 days of Menpur. My DH :rofl: when we read it's the wee of post menopausal women!

I've been ok but a bit emotional/teary. A bit cranky at silly things and tired. Not too bad though really and all for a good cause.

Hope everyone else is well or getting excited about starting!

Tinks, I watched one today, and EC didn't look too bad, but she was out of it anyway. It was quite sad actually, it didn't work out for them, and I cried for them, and selfishly for me too!

Trask, have you had a period yet whilst down regging? I'm stressing about mine being AWOL!

xxx

Tinks, I watched one today, and EC didn't look too bad, but she was out of it anyway. It was quite sad actually, it didn't work out for them, and I cried for them, and selfishly for me too!

xxx

That's the only sad bit of watching the programme. The first 3 I saw were all bfns :(

Trask, have you had a period yet whilst down regging? I'm stressing about mine being AWOL!

Yes mate. I had mine when my period was due, day 28. Went on for ages though and random spotting. I was told to expect it when my period was due. How long is your cycle usually?

Oooooh I dont know if it would be good for me to see load of BFN. I wounld get even more in a panic. But remember if this was 6 years ago, IVF must have advanced so much in that time :thumbup:

I've watched them all and think they are from the dark ages :haha:, success rates are a lot better these days. Still interesting to watch though. Don't worry Tinks we will all be getting our BFP'S :thumbup:

Hi all, I hv just started my Ivf cycle long protocol a week before. I was diagnosed with pcos, endometriosis and dh with low sperm mortality. We been together for 4 years and no luck. Donot know what to expect and what not :wacko:

Hi All---

I had 9 eggs retrieved on Monday and am in for a transfer tomorrow. Only 2 embryos though :( Things are clear on my end, but my husband has low everything with his sperm, though they're there and come out on their own...just not in the masses and strength we'd hope for.

Any experience or hopeful stories?

Thanks
S

Hi, everyone! :hi:

Hope, yay for a schedule!! Does DR mean the pill or injections? Nice that things are moving so quickly for you!

Schoolteacher, it's our first week with students too, and I'm so exhausted! Running around all over, tons of stuff going on in my head, trying to get everything together...trying to get all my sub plans together for when I'll be out for ivf, too! :wacko: What grade do you teach?

Traskey, I'm sorry you've been sad today. Just remember why you're doing all of this. :hugs: It'll be over soon. It's only temporary.

Welcome, Hira! :hi: Is this your first round? I don't really know what to expect either. It's my first round. FX we only need one round!

4everyoung, You only need 1! I hope one is great for you. Are you putting both in? Ivf is great for male issues. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Afm, doing fine. Just waiting. Meds come on Saturday! :happydance: I'm preparing myself for a huge a*s box with tons of huge scary needles...

Schoolteacher - it's good to hear that your Head is so understanding about this. I really wish I could tell my boss but we're going through a restructure and it just isn't the right time to be telling them!

Tinks - good to have a DR buddy :) Bummer about your plans though - hopefully you'll still be ok for the party. Do your family know about your cycle? Oh and the EC doesn't look scary at all, other than the fact that the women on the programme are mostly awake with just a local anaesthetic and after seeing that I decided I'd much rather be asleep! There's just a guy poking around down there with a catheter type thing that he pokes through to the ovaries to nab the follicles. It comes out in pink liquid which they squirt into a petri dish and then look under a microscope to see if there's a little eggie in there. There are lots of BFNs on the show - but there are also lots of BFPs too, but Doodar's right - success rates will have improved substantially since then.

Traskey - twice a day sniffing sounds much more manageable! I read that the Menopur was made of post menopausal nun pee - there must be millions of women all around the world peeing in cups so that we can then inject it - how weird!

Zowiey - it is sad when it doesn't work out for the couples isn't it. Although I have to say it's a bit funny that they keep using the same canned shot of a clear blue digi being put on the sink and then thrown in the bin! Obviously the show didn't have a lot of budget! I'm worried about the witch going AWOL once we start DR too.

Welcome Hira85 - so sorry you have to be joining us. How are you feeling now you've started down regging?

4everyyoung - you only need one embryo to become a baby so don't give up hope just yet honey. FX that transfer goes well tomorrow. What are your plans for the 2WW?

Rosababy - DR for me will be nethesterone (sp) tablets starting on CD19 for 7 days and then a nasal spray starting on CD21 until EC. Only jabs I have to do is menopur for stimming thank goodness! :yay: for your meds coming on Saturday. I've just thought, I know we get a sharps bin to put the needles in but how on earth do we dispose of that? Do we have to take it back to the hospital? I can't imagine putting it out for the weekly recycling run!

Hope, my instructions said to take the sharps bin to your unit and they will dispose of it.

Hi to Hira and 4everyoung. Good luck to both of you with your cycles. Can't give any success stories as i'm on my first IVF.

Rosa, how exciting, drugs on Saturday :wohoo:

:hug: for all!

Rosababy - DR for me will be nethesterone (sp) tablets starting on CD19 for 7 days and then a nasal spray starting on CD21 until EC. Only jabs I have to do is menopur for stimming thank goodness! :yay: for your meds coming on Saturday. I've just thought, I know we get a sharps bin to put the needles in but how on earth do we dispose of that? Do we have to take it back to the hospital? I can't imagine putting it out for the weekly recycling run!

LOL, I was just thinking the exact same thing last night!! Wouldn't that look bad in the recycling bin?! :haha:

Hiya girls, looks like I've missed loads :O
Had a busy few weeks, had my rubella jab today, spoke to my ivf clinic and waiting to hear back from them about my next steps!
Also moved house weekend just gone, so still settling in but feeling great, definitely feeling happier in myself and not so stressed about ivf,
Glad to hear practically everyone's got there schedule sorted, hope I'll be getting mine soon,
Good luck to the ladies who are dr and stimming and especially to those who are awaiting et :)
I'm not having my Internet fitted yet -.- so I'll only be contributing small posts as writting on my iPhone takes the biscuit :)

Glad to be back tho :D xx

Hi, everyone! :hi:

Hope, yay for a schedule!! Does DR mean the pill or injections? Nice that things are moving so quickly for you!

Schoolteacher, it's our first week with students too, and I'm so exhausted! Running around all over, tons of stuff going on in my head, trying to get everything together...trying to get all my sub plans together for when I'll be out for ivf, too! :wacko: What grade do you teach?

Traskey, I'm sorry you've been sad today. Just remember why you're doing all of this. :hugs: It'll be over soon. It's only temporary.

Welcome, Hira! :hi: Is this your first round? I don't really know what to expect either. It's my first round. FX we only need one round!

4everyoung, You only need 1! I hope one is great for you. Are you putting both in? Ivf is great for male issues. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Afm, doing fine. Just waiting. Meds come on Saturday! :happydance: I'm preparing myself for a huge a*s box with tons of huge scary needles...

Rosa--THANK YOU. I am feeling so much better this morning. Comments like this really help. I'm going in feeling positive and hopeful! xx Good luck to you too!

Schoolteacher - it's good to hear that your Head is so understanding about this. I really wish I could tell my boss but we're going through a restructure and it just isn't the right time to be telling them!

Tinks - good to have a DR buddy :) Bummer about your plans though - hopefully you'll still be ok for the party. Do your family know about your cycle? Oh and the EC doesn't look scary at all, other than the fact that the women on the programme are mostly awake with just a local anaesthetic and after seeing that I decided I'd much rather be asleep! There's just a guy poking around down there with a catheter type thing that he pokes through to the ovaries to nab the follicles. It comes out in pink liquid which they squirt into a petri dish and then look under a microscope to see if there's a little eggie in there. There are lots of BFNs on the show - but there are also lots of BFPs too, but Doodar's right - success rates will have improved substantially since then.

Traskey - twice a day sniffing sounds much more manageable! I read that the Menopur was made of post menopausal nun pee - there must be millions of women all around the world peeing in cups so that we can then inject it - how weird!

Zowiey - it is sad when it doesn't work out for the couples isn't it. Although I have to say it's a bit funny that they keep using the same canned shot of a clear blue digi being put on the sink and then thrown in the bin! Obviously the show didn't have a lot of budget! I'm worried about the witch going AWOL once we start DR too.

Welcome Hira85 - so sorry you have to be joining us. How are you feeling now you've started down regging?

4everyyoung - you only need one embryo to become a baby so don't give up hope just yet honey. FX that transfer goes well tomorrow. What are your plans for the 2WW?

I'm not sure what my plans are for the 2WW--suggestions? Thank you for your positive comments. They really help!

Hi all!

Tinks-What a shame you can't tell you boss and it might make things easier for you! Are you telling them at all? If I start feeling sick on the stimms I don't think I will be able to hide it!

Rosa-great news on your drugs coming! I teach year 3 and 4 so they are 7 and 8 years old!

AFM-well after sleeping so badly at the start of the week my efforts yesterday paid off! I listened to the zita west ivf cd and then had a horlicks and sniffed the aromatheraphy oils! got in bed at half 9, wasn't thinking about school, fell asleep and woke up at six! perfect!!! :)

On Monday I stop taking the bcp. I have had to take it to get in line with my egg donor recipient. I have to ring first to check that the lady has gotten her period! So like those of you who are DR and worried about your period arriving, I'm worried about someone elses AF arriving! weirdness!x

Hello to our new ladies on the thread and best of luck!

Also-welcome back princess, I misssed you!

x

Horlicks and relaxation cd good combination for sleepyheads :thumbup: love horlicks. I also find camomile tea works a treat too Hun. You made me chuckle with the comment " worrying about someone else's AF" sorry :haha:It's just the way you said it or should I say wrote it x

Hope--My place wouldn't take my sharps. They said to check with my town to see what to do with them (which really surprises me...I feel like they should take them, and they've been so accommodating in every other way). It makes me just want to throw them away rather than find more time off of work to drop off sharps to the town!

Thanku for welcoming me. Yes it is my first attempt and I hv to see the doc on the 15th for the scan, they will then decide on the stimulation dose.

Horlicks and relaxation cd good combination for sleepyheads :thumbup: love horlicks. I also find camomile tea works a treat too Hun. You made me chuckle with the comment " worrying about someone else's AF" sorry :haha:It's just the way you said it or should I say wrote it x

lol it is funny isn't it!:haha:

Thanks for the tip on the camomile tea I will try it!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"