IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Haha School teacher! I think I would go crazy! Once you stop the bcp, do you start stimming? Sorry, I don't really know how different the long/short protocols are!

Hope everyone is ok?

xxx

So the clinic got back intouch, next steps are a 3 in 1 appointment which is nurse appointment, counselling session and hubby's sperm analysis, this would have been booked for next weekend but while I was on the phone she went through my paper work to make sure everything was there and turns out DH hasn't sent his doctors permission form back after asking him about it I found out he hasn't even took it to the doctors, apparently "there's too much paperwork involved with this ivf malarky" :dohh:
So he's taking it doctors tomorrow and faxing it off Monday so I could still make it for next weekend if them posting the letter back doesnt take to long, which it did when they sent my blood results back to me :/ but we'll see, I just want dates, I don't care when I would just be happy with them lol
Thanks st, missed you and the girls too, I was stalking a little bit even tho I was tryin to keep my mind off it, I wanted to see what you had all been up too :haha:
Oo and :hi: to everyone who's joined while I was away :D

Xx

Welcome back Princess.

Naughty DH. Yes there is a lot of paperwork involved. In the end I stuck the forms under DHs nose and gave him the pen!

Lol if I ever go through this again trask that will be my first plan of action, he's hopeless :haha:
Xx

Princess, Exciting to be in a new house! Glad you're happy and stress free. :hugs:

Rosa--THANK YOU. I am feeling so much better this morning. Comments like this really help. I'm going in feeling positive and hopeful! xx Good luck to you too!

Glad you're feeling better! This is what these forums are for...positive encouragement! I'm glad you're going into it positive and hopeful. I need to jump on that wagon, now! :haha:

schoolteacher, 7/8 year olds are perfect! my favorite age. That's 2nd grade here in the states. glad you slept well, finally!

hi, everyone! :hi: hope everyone has a great friday!

Tinks - good to have a DR buddy :) Bummer about your plans though - hopefully you'll still be ok for the party. Do your family know about your cycle? Oh and the EC doesn't look scary at all, other than the fact that the women on the programme are mostly awake with just a local anaesthetic and after seeing that I decided I'd much rather be asleep! There's just a guy poking around down there with a catheter type thing that he pokes through to the ovaries to nab the follicles. It comes out in pink liquid which they squirt into a petri dish and then look under a microscope to see if there's a little eggie in there. There are lots of BFNs on the show - but there are also lots of BFPs too, but Doodar's right - success rates will have improved substantially since then.

Yes, maybe being put to sleep does have its advantages I guess. Mmmmm very interesting.

All my family do know about treatment and I am sure they would be understanding its just a pain in the bum and will be gutted if I have to miss anything. Obviously this is more than worth it though.

Hi all!

Tinks-What a shame you can't tell you boss and it might make things easier for you! Are you telling them at all? If I start feeling sick on the stimms I don't think I will be able to hide it!

x

My work know we are starting treatment hun, they have been funny with leave saying it comes under plastic surgery though :dohh:

ST - How strange that you have to worriy about the other lady's AF :wacko: I take it you dont know who she is or anything like that?? Glad you managed to get some sleep :thumbup:

Hope - I think you just take your sharps bin to your clinic or chemist :thumbup:

Princess - I hope you get your paperwork sorted asap. Its good to hear from you, fx for some dates soon :hugs::hugs:

A massive welcome to the new ladies, 4everyoung & Hira. GL girls :thumbup:

Hello everyone else, I dont have anything to report except I cant wait for weekend :haha:

Princess- welcome back hun and good luck with everything x

Hira- Welcome to the thread and best of luck x

Hello to Traskey, Rosababy, Tinks, Zowiey and all the gang x

Sorry short post but been a long day. My dad got recalled to Dr's over a chest xray and they have found a shadow on his lung. I am exhausted with worry and upset so going to bed as im up at 7am to get ready for my needles training appt at 9am and then i start dr on tuesday. Il update tomorrow xxx

Zowiey-I start stimms one week after stopping bcp!

Tinks-how ridiculous that they can lump ivf in the same catergory as someone wanting a boob job! yeah it is weird that I have to consider the other lady-I don't know anything about her not allowed to :( I wish I could just know a little though! I can't wait for weekend either!xx

Oh AQ! poor you that's not nice at all especially when your still grieving your mum. Thinking of you!xxxxxx

princess-I would be cross at DH!! lol!

Night gang!

ST, fingers crossed that your lady gets her period so you can get going :)

Tinks, it's almost the weekend :wohoo:

AQ, sorry to hear about dad. I hope everything works out ok for him. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow :hugs:

Aw AQ I hope everything is ok with your Dad. Good Luck for tomorrow hun.

Tinks honestly there is nothing to worry about when it comes to EC hun. I'm the biggest wimp going and I had no pain at all didn't even have pain relief afterwards. My clinic offer both GA and Sedation but I do know that a lot of clinics will only offer Sedation. I had Sedation and I don't remember a thing about it. I was fast asleep the whole time. You recover quicker from sedation too, it's basically one step down from a GA. You'll be fine hun :thumbup:

Rosa - thanks, I love my new house!! I've never lived in a place that's made me actually really happy lol I'm hoping this will help when I start the full throws of ivf :)

Tinks - my family know about the ivf too but the problem I'm having at the moment is I don't wanna tell anyone except for DH of course that I'm pregnant till I'm 12 weeks, so DH and I were talking about it and saying were not gunna tell people what the appointments are for anymore although they'll all know I have appointments cuz we borrow my aunties car (low fuel consumtion for our 5 hour round trip lol) the problem I have though is that after an appointment I get everyone ringing me asking how it went and I can't help but ramble, I need to learn to say it went fine thanks :haha:

Xx

Traskey - that's good news about the sharps bin. My neighbours are trying to sell their house so I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate me putting a sharps bin out for the bin men and putting off prospective buyers :lol:

Hi Princess - so glad you finally got your rubella jab sorted. I think living without the internet would be like cutting my arm off! fx you get your schedule real soon - what are hubbys like hey? I filled in all of our forms and just handed him a pen and made him sign them!

4everyoung - 2WW plans… I'm thinking about relaxing on the sofa with a stack of books and a pile of movies - and making DH do all the housework! I did actually say to him yesterday that I need to do a huge house clean this weekend and next weekend so that I don't have to do anything during our treatment cycle :washing:

Oh dear on the sharps - now I'm nervous again - where on earth do you go in town to dispose of sharps…

schoolteacher - how strange that you have to worry about someone else's AF to get your treatment started!

Tinks - good that your family know so that you won't have to come up with an excuse if you do have to miss anything. We've only told my parents, we want to keep everyone else in the dark so that we can share the surprise of the pregnancy announcement! Just think, if you have to miss your Manchester trip you could plan another one for baby shopping!

I can't believe that your work puts IVF in with boob jobs - we don't really choose to go through this procedure for the fun of it! ST - I think it might have been me that wasn't telling work (because of a restructure). I'm going to see my GP next week to see if he'll sign me off sick and come up with a plan of action whether to tell them nothing, or something - but not the real reason!

AQ - oh goodness, hope everything is ok with your dad. GL for needle training today x

Princess - that for me is the downside of opening up about treatment, people then find out quickly that you got a :bfp: My parents are the only ones who know - but they live miles away so I'll have to give them the news by phone - and I'd much prefer to do it face to face, especially if we get a positive result!

Hi to all and welcome to our new ladies

:hugs: AQ... why does crap always come at once!!! we are thinking of you and good luck with needle training...

welcome back Princess and happy new home.....:happydance:

AFM i also have needle training today...and getting my prescription, protocol and hopefully EC and ET dates too...
this is all getting far too real.....Scared...??? Absolutely.....lol

lou

Dee super major good luck on ET today :hugs::hugs:

Ooh Lew good luck with needle training hunny. When do you think you will be starting? It is scary isn't it, but will be worth it Hun, that's what we have to keep telling ourselves. :hugs:

Hi Doodar, i start down reg injections next friday....how you getting on...???...xx

Oooh how exciting. It's all really happening on here now isn't it. I should hopefully start stimming next Friday, if AF behaves herself and arrives on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->