IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Hope if your result is a positive one you could always make a point of travelling all them miles to tell theminperson , afterall how often in life do you find out your gunna be grandparents :thumbsup:

I told dh I wanna go along as I possibly can without telling anyone but I know I'm only gunna make it to 12 weeksbefore I can't hold it any longer, I wanna find a fun way to tell everyone, maybe like get my 12 week scan printed on a tshirt and gather the family and pull my top up, or if I have et in October make it a new years surprise (all my fam get together on new years eve) if I was to have et start of October (which I now know wont) but I woulda sent crimbo cards with babyscan on LOL!!

Has anyone else thought of ways to tell your family or is it just me being sad :haha:
Xx

princess, what a cute way to tell them on a shirt!! I agree with wanting to wait to tell. However, they all know we're doing ivf, and if we tell them when we start injections, etc., they'll know. My sil's are a nurse and a midwife, one of whom has gone through ivf several times herself, and i guarantee that they'll both know when my beta is to the day if they know when I start injections! :haha: I don't know when we'll tell them, since we want to tell them in person, but they all live so far away (11 and 13 hours of driving away). So, we might have to wait until a holiday or something. I would like to do something fun, too, but I don't know if I'll be able to control myself! I might just run in and yell I'M PREGNANT!! :haha:

Oh Aq, I am so sorry, you must be exhausted? :hugs: I hope everything goes ok for your dad. Don't forget to look after yourself :hugs:

Trask- Yep I am so tired all the time, I literally wake up tired, and then from about 4pm onwards I feel like I have no energy to do anything (jeez, all I do is moan on here :haha:) Are you feeling the same? :hugs: for you!

Lew, good luck with the needle training, do you have an injector pen? I am so glad we do, it makes things much easier!

Hope everyone else is ok?

xxxx

Ok, so I'm sorry to ask this, but I'm intrigued! :blush:

To the ladies who are down regging, do you have any sex drive??!!!

I hadn't really thought about it, but it occured to me that I have had no urges at all since I've been dr. Now I don't have a wild sex drive as it is, but literally there has been nothing! The nurse told us to carry on :sex: as usual, but I just don't see it happening! :haha:

Hey ladies!! :hi: I hope you don't mind if I poke in here. I'm a one tuber with a damaged remaining tube and I'm going through mini IVF right now, expected ER on Sept 18-19. I just started my stimming yesterday, but I've been down regulating for a few weeks now. I keep giving myself bruises with my Lupron injections. Does this happen often or do I just suck at it? I ice my belly just under my bellybutton until it goes numb, then poke the needle in quickly and inject, hold for a second or two and take out, then put pressure with a gauze pad. But about 1/3 of the time I bleed and I have 4 bruises now :( Any advice would be appreciated!

Haha rosa that would be me, I would want to do the fun stuff but just end up blurting it out, I am gunna try my best tho :D 'if' it works lol
Xx

Hpyns4life- I've been injecting with an injector pen, and I'm still getting bruises, and one of them was a pretty big one! So I don't think you suck at it, I think it just happens! :hugs: Good luck with your ivf! xxxx

Ok, so I'm sorry to ask this, but I'm intrigued! :blush:

To the ladies who are down regging, do you have any sex drive??!!!

I hadn't really thought about it, but it occured to me that I have had no urges at all since I've been dr. Now I don't have a wild sex drive as it is, but literally there has been nothing! The nurse told us to carry on :sex: as usual, but I just don't see it happening! :haha:

Since you asked...I had my transfer yesterday and am feeling...SAUCY :) I re-read through the rules to see if there were any aspects of "sauciness" in which I could partake...sadly, no. :p BLUSHING NOW!

:happydance: 4everyoung on being PUPO!! I think you are the first! Sending lots of sticky & snuggley vibes to you!

But a big boo to no sauceyness!

xxx

Congrats on being PUPO 4ever :happydance: sorry about the no sex rule when you have all the urges :haha: Maybe thats how our men feel during AF :haha:

GL for needle teach lew, cant wait for an update. What drugs will you be using?

Everyone knows at work and our personal lives when we are starting so they will know if its a possitive result or not. Kinda wish I hadn't told everyone at work our start date but I think they would guess we were having so much time off :shrug: What will be will be and whats done is done :shrug:

Welcome hypns4life, GL with treatment, I cant advise about the injections as I haven;t started yet :thumbup:

Zowie, maybe the loss of your sex drive is normal as DR is meant to be like menopause???

Princess - There is no way I could last 12 weeks after waiting so long for this :winkwink: You are stronger than me :haha:

Rosababy - 13 hours away?? Wow, thats like the complete stretch of the UK :wacko: WOuld be nice in person though :thumbup:

Aq - Really hope everything is ok with your dad. How did your needle teach go?

Hi ST, Doodar, Traskey and the rest of you lovely ladies :hugs::hugs:

How was needle teach loopylew and AQ?x

I'm shattered-been making cookies all day today at school-71 children in all!

Hi trask, tinks, princess, doodar, rosa, zowiey, hope and everyone else! TGI Friday :)

TGI Friday!!!!!!!! :wohoo:

Only 4 more days of down regulation :dance: Zo, i'm not too bad once I get going but i'm tired in the morning, don't want to get up, ok in the day and then bushed again in the evenings.

No :sex: after egg collection? I know someone on here said they were really sore for a couple of days anyway. Mine says no exercise, baths or swimming. I guess sex counts as exercise :haha:

Lou and AQ, hope the needle teach went ok.

Tinks, are your drugs coming tomorrow?
ST, 71 children cooking? Go you!

Hugs for everyone else :hug:

Hey ladies!! :hi: I hope you don't mind if I poke in here. I'm a one tuber with a damaged remaining tube and I'm going through mini IVF right now, expected ER on Sept 18-19. I just started my stimming yesterday, but I've been down regulating for a few weeks now. I keep giving myself bruises with my Lupron injections. Does this happen often or do I just suck at it? I ice my belly just under my bellybutton until it goes numb, then poke the needle in quickly and inject, hold for a second or two and take out, then put pressure with a gauze pad. But about 1/3 of the time I bleed and I have 4 bruises now :( Any advice would be appreciated!

Hi Hunny, Welcome. Do you rotate the injection site? I was told to rotate the injection site, never inject in the same place as the previous injection to allow the skin to heal. Inject 2 inches either side of the belly button, pinch the skin and go straight in at a 90 degree angle and straight out again. I was lucky enough not to get any bruising. Hope I'm as lucky this time round. Also don't rub the injection site, as hard as it is not too but just apply light pressure instead. I also never used the alcohol swabs because someone said it makes the skin go leathery after a while which makes it tougher to inject and therefore more likely to bruise. Good Luck with EC hunny :thumbup:

Hello to the rest of you lovely ladies :hugs:

Thanks Doodar! I talked to the nurse today and she said it sounded like I was doing it right and that bruising was unfortunate but common. She said just to make sure that I'm not injecting into an already formed bruise. I do rotate sides and most of the time I get a tiny red dot that disappears after 1 or 2 days and never bleeds or hurts. I have such a white belly that these silly bruises look just awful :haha: I hadn't heard about the alcohol wipes, I didn't use them for the first few, so maybe I'll cut them out again. Thanks!!

Hi girls.

4everyoung- CONGRATS on being the first of us to be PUPO! I hope its the 1st of many BFPS to come ;-) hope the 2ww goes quick and happily for you x

Hpyns4life- My friend is diabetic and has injected herself for 30yrs so she will be doing my jabs. She recommends that the needle is gently "screwed" in rather than "stabbed" in. Maybe worth a try x

Doodar- Not long till you start stimming now! x

Hi to schoolteacher, traskey, tinks, rosababy and all the girls x

I am exhausted today but appt went very smoothly! got called in bang on 9am which was a shock! lol. the appt was 5 mins as all the nurse needed to do was give me a booklet and show how to draw the meds and that was it as i took my diabetic friend with me who will be doing all my jabs and obviously she is a pro so nurse didnt need to get me to do a needle so just waiting to start dr on tuesday and im booked in for a baseline scan on the 4th oct, so soon be there :) xxx

4everyoung, PUPO!!! How did the transfer go? Are you feeling okay? Yippee! I hope this is the first of many bfps!!

Haha rosa that would be me, I would want to do the fun stuff but just end up blurting it out, I am gunna try my best tho :D 'if' it works lol
Xx

LOL! Good luck with that! I'm trying to think of ways to tell the fam, too. It'll probably be around the holidays, so what about little xmas ornaments with something cute in it....a pic of the scan, words like "i love my grandma" or "Q: what are you doing ____(enter due date)? A: sleeping on the hospital floor, waiting for baby _____(last name) to arrive" or a picture frame that says I love my grandma with a pic of the scan in it...so many fun ideas! I LOVE your idea of the t-shirts, though! How fun!!

Rosababy - 13 hours away?? Wow, thats like the complete stretch of the UK :wacko: WOuld be nice in person though :thumbup:

Yep, fam lives in midwest and we live on east coast. Dh's fam lives in sunny florida. :coolio: Loooong drives, but we can't fly with the pup, so we just drive. I'm not sure I'll be able to wait though. Might just skype it or something.

Meds come tomorrow, needle teach next Wednesday!!

Thanks, Everyone. I am the first? How is that possible? I'm only a day past my transfer. At any rate, I love the PUPO! It's going to be my motto :)

Good luck and baby-dust and stickiness to all of you out there! xoxoxo

BTW: BIG appetite today. Anyone else experience this after transfer? I have been craving bad foods too--fast food (which I don't normally like/eat), chips, etc...weird...or not?

Tinks, are your drugs coming tomorrow?
ST, 71 children cooking? Go you!

Hugs for everyone else :hug:

No, my drugs aren't being delivered. I go to the clinic for needle teach the day I start DR, they will teach me how to do it and watch me do the first one and then send me off with all the drugs. My clinic seems to do things different to everyone elses :dohh:

Eek - just went over to YouTube to see if there were any good needle teach videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuallFT_mW8&NR=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->