IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Congrats delly on being PUPO with twins :D :D

The rhubarb crumble has been aborted after remembering my mom has my baking dish :dohh: instead were having melt in the middle chocolate pots - they sound so much better anyway :haha:

Hope everyones enjoying their Sunday xx

Hi All--

I just called my fertility clinic to find out if I could take allergy meds and take a bath (not necessarily at the same time). I also inquired about my husband's #s just for my own information.

Here's what she said...I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for protein (I don't eat much and need to eat more), and I am wondering if anyone has had successful IVF/ICSIs with numbers like his--the absence of such testimony will not discourage me, but the presence would encourage me. Thanks :0)

What my nurse said about allergy pills:
Plain Claritan, Benedryl okay
Anything ending in a D is a no no, also, Allegra and Clarinex are no-nos.
I'm covered here...plain Claritan it is!

About Bathing:
Bath okay...not too hot--get in and sit down fully right away without having to "ease in" otherwise too hot--no pink skin--in a cleaned tub.

About DH's sample: :spermy:
Lowest that it's been--Highest in November last year
Volume okay 1.6 ml (1.5-ideal)
Count/Concentration 4.9 mil (20 mil-ideal) Nov- 28 mil, Jan-11 mil, Apr-8 mil
Fwd Progression 2 (average) (0-4) okay...usual--she's never seen a 4, rarely seen a 3, 2 is majority, 0= no movement
Motility 14% better than last time, lower than highest (ideally s/b 50%) (highest in Nov. 28%)--however, doesn't matter with ICSI

She also said, though they were not able to freeze any embryos, they kept the 2 best ones that were "really good looking quality"

I liked that very last thing she said :) I have no idea with the numbers and letters what it all means.

At any rate, I'm currently visualizing many little cells dividing and sticking all over inside of me :dust:

Kiseki- Welcome and i good luck with treatment. I think you are brave to make the decision to take matters into your own hands an wish you all the best x

Delly- Congrats on being pupo with twins! wishing you tons of luck for OTD x

4everyoung- good luck with the 2ww and hope you get that BFP x

Hi to princess, rosa, traskey and tinks x

I cannot believe that the day after tomorrow i finally start down regulating injections! waited so long to start and now its happening! aaah im so excited and nervous all at once!

Wanted to ask you ladies a question, have any of you been pregnant before? xxx

Hi AQ-no never ever been pregnant before :-(
GL for starting on tuesday!

One week tommorrow I start stimms!!

4everyoung-thats good info about baths.
Your DH's sperm sample sounds totally fine for icsi or ivf! I wouldn't worry there at all!
My dh's last sperm analysis there was only 27 sperm, and only one of which was 'twitching'. IVF obviously no good for us so its icsi for us with ssr.

chocolate pots-yum princess!!!

Chocolate pots do sound better princess. I love them :thumbup:

4ever - I cant give advice as this will be my first cycle. If they are doing ICSI then I would think the count will be fine hun. Seen a lot worse :thumbup:

AQ - 2 more sleeps :thumbup:

I have never had a BFP ever :nope:

Hi AQ, schoolteacher, Tinks, Doodar and everyone else. My spotting has started(I usually get before my actuall P flows ) so I am expecting AF tomorrow. I knew it won't click this time also but still had hopes what to do....... :cry: but never mind I can call clinic tomorrow so that they can arrange the injections...

AQ & Tinks I am happy that you girls will be starting the DR soon.... lots of :hugs:

AQ - I have never seen a BFP in my life :cry:

Girls, I am planning to wear a moonstone, anyone else trying that ?? There is a thread under TTC section and seems to be working for many. Hope it can help.

No bfp for me after 39 years, although not all of them ttc :rofl:

4everyoung, our unit says no exercise, swimming or baths after egg collection. Congrats on being PUPO too!
Wishing you all the best with your embies sticking :dust:

Princess, chocolate pots sound yummy.

AQ, Tinks, ST, not long now :dance: :wohoo:

Girls, I am planning to wear a moonstone, anyone else trying that ?? There is a thread under TTC section and seems to be working for many. Hope it can help.

Ooo, interesting. What does the moonstone do?

Traskey, it seems moonstone is a fertility stone. it helps women's reproductive system, calms down the mind..... have a look into this thread

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/653365-moonstone-anyone.html

Oh, I have a moonstone ring! Better dig that out the jewellery box. It can't hurt :D

ST - 1 week tomorrow :happydance::happydance::happydance: Your treatment will seem to go well fast with you being on short protocol. Cant wait :thumbup:

Lovecutie - GL calling the clinic tomorrow, sorry about AF :hugs::hugs::hugs: Are you on long or short protocol?

Traskey - needles aside. How do you feel about stimming? Are you excited about geeting to the next step???

Traskey - needles aside. How do you feel about stimming? Are you excited about geeting to the next step???

Needles aside, I am. Although from what you lovely ladies have written the needles are a piece of cake, once you get past the worry of the first one. I'm hoping the same happens for me.

I'm excited about the next stage as it's one step closer. Of course I worry if the drugs are working but I decided to temp this cycle, for the hell of it and my temps are bouncing like zebedee so i'm hoping that means they have worked.

I do worry occasionally about how many eggs I will get and if they will fertilise but i'm trying not to and so far it's working. I won't miss the hotness and headaches of down regging but i'm just so grateful to be going through it. It's giving us a chance (even if I do sometimes moan about it lol).

Tinks, can't wait for you to get started. One week to go right?

Yes, I guess stimming does bring more worry but glad you are feeling slighlty better about the needles. PMA hun, your eggs and follies will be fine :thumbup:

Yes one week tomorrow - eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk

Aww girls we are all on our way to getting the chance of being mummies! sooo excited for us all!

I have been pregnant twice and obviously had a terrible time with both ectopics and nearly lost my life but... i was thinking before would i change things if i could? and i would not. The joy i felt seeing those BFPS and for the few wks after was some of the happiest moments in my life so i pray you all get to feel that joy and that we all have healthy full term pregnancies and bouncing bundles of joy :)
Good night everyone xxx

AQ, never been preggo either.

4everyoung, try protein shakes. I make them with skim milk, which is even more protein, and it's the best way to add protein to your diet without eating tons of meat and calories.

Afm, I start injections Friday! :wacko: Kind of nervous but also excited. Been shopping for pants that fit :)wacko:), cleaning and getting ready for the school day tomorrow. :hi: Hi to everyone! You're probably all asleep already...it's dinner time on this side of the pond!

Kiseki- Welcome and i good luck with treatment. I think you are brave to make the decision to take matters into your own hands an wish you all the best x

Delly- Congrats on being pupo with twins! wishing you tons of luck for OTD x

4everyoung- good luck with the 2ww and hope you get that BFP x

Hi to princess, rosa, traskey and tinks x

I cannot believe that the day after tomorrow i finally start down regulating injections! waited so long to start and now its happening! aaah im so excited and nervous all at once!

Wanted to ask you ladies a question, have any of you been pregnant before? xxx

Hi AQ--I've never been pregnant before...very excited to be though!! :0) Sorry to hear about your difficult pregnancies, but I love your attitude. Happy to hear about your injections starting. It makes the days pass a little faster!! Good luck to you & thanks for your well-wishing :0)

Hi AQ-no never ever been pregnant before :-(
GL for starting on tuesday!

One week tommorrow I start stimms!!

4everyoung-thats good info about baths.
Your DH's sperm sample sounds totally fine for icsi or ivf! I wouldn't worry there at all!
My dh's last sperm analysis there was only 27 sperm, and only one of which was 'twitching'. IVF obviously no good for us so its icsi for us with ssr.

chocolate pots-yum princess!!!

Hi ST--Thanks for your feedback on the sperm. I really have no idea what 'good' or 'reasonable' numbers are. I will send stimulating sperm thoughts and stickiness to you :0) Tell me, though...what's SSR? Best of luck to you! xo
PS I'm a school teacher too :)

Hi AQ, schoolteacher, Tinks, Doodar and everyone else. My spotting has started(I usually get before my actuall P flows ) so I am expecting AF tomorrow. I knew it won't click this time also but still had hopes what to do....... :cry: but never mind I can call clinic tomorrow so that they can arrange the injections...

AQ & Tinks I am happy that you girls will be starting the DR soon.... lots of :hugs:

AQ - I have never seen a BFP in my life :cry:

Ooh...intrigued by moonstones :)

AQ, never been preggo either.

4everyoung, try protein shakes. I make them with skim milk, which is even more protein, and it's the best way to add protein to your diet without eating tons of meat and calories.

Afm, I start injections Friday! :wacko: Kind of nervous but also excited. Been shopping for pants that fit :)wacko:), cleaning and getting ready for the school day tomorrow. :hi: Hi to everyone! You're probably all asleep already...it's dinner time on this side of the pond!

Thanks! I had thought about protein shakes, but thought they'd be super high calories--skim milk makes a lot of sense!!

Good luck with your injections! Sticky thoughts to you!!!

4everyoung: I don't like meat very much, I just don't crave it. So to keep my protein up I eat quinoa! Pronounced "keen-wwah" It's a grain that you cook just like rice and it's super packed with tons of protein and a bunch of other goodies.

AQ: I agree, the short week that I was PG was one of the best feelings I've ever had. I can't wait to be PG again!!!

ST: My DH also has low motility and morphology. He did 2 SAs. His motility was 21% and 40% the 2nd time. His morphology was 4% both times. The normal parameters where the same as yours, motility should be 50% and morphology should be 14% or higher. His quantity was 2.4 and then 1.6, and count was good, something like 62mil and then 41mil. So we're also doing ICSI to make sure we have the best possible chance at getting the best possible embryos. We don't want any malformed sperm fertilizing an egg and causing a mc down the way. This is our only shot at this so, we want to make it count!!

AFM: I go down to 150units of Gonal-F today :happydance: I did not like the look of the 225unit injections, 150 seems much easier :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->