IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Holy crow this thread moves fast!! My darn job keeps getting in the way of my BnB time! :rofl:

Hpyns4life, we checked the icsi box in case they need to do it in the moment, so I honestly don't know if we'll do it or not. I'd like to do 2, but dh and doc say one since i'm only 32. I just want a baby! :hissy: I also would like twins so we can have our 2 kids and never have to do this again. :wacko: But I do understand the risks of twins. Sigh.

Hope, they recommend single transfers for younger women who have a better chance of one sticking. And, I'm using needles for everything. After hearing about the pen, though, I do wish I had one of those! Sounds easy!

Princess, my dh also has a ton of :spermy: but low motility and morphology. And then we found out about my tubes, so the official reason for ivf is me. :sad2:

I know what you mean about wanting more babies but not wanting to have to do ivf every time we want a baby! That's exhausting just thinking about! That's one of the reasons I want twins. One shot and we're done! :haha:

Delly, I'm so sorry about no frozens. :hugs: Do you guys have a money back guarantee over there? Keep thinking positive thoughts. I'm SURE you'll be
fine. :thumbup:

Traskey, we do have a lot of teachers! Probably our bodies saying do you really want one of these? REALLY?! :rofl:

Zowiey, I'm sorry your emotions have been all over the place. I KNOW that's going to happen to me with the drugs. It happens to me already! :wacko:

Afm, needle teach on Wednesday! Injections on Friday!! :happydance: Now, I didn't do bcp, so I'm starting Lupron. Is that technically down regging or stimming? I start bravelle and menopur later, like the 26th or something.

I am happy to not have to clean the litter box! Here's to hoping that I don't have to clean it again until next summer!!!

I've been reading my Zita West book again.

I'm feeling a little guilty as she suggests resting for 3 days after transfer but I found something that may make you smile.

For the WHOLE 2 WW

No heavy lifting, strenuous exercise, housework, vacuuming, bouncing activties, sun bathing, saunas, hot tubs, swimming, hot baths, sex and orgasms!

That means the shopping and housework is somebody else's responsibility :wohoo:

SHUT UP!!! That's awesome!! That 2ww is going to SUCK for our dh's!!!! :rofl:

Rosa: Lupron is the down regulator. It's suppose to make your body produce LOTS of hormones then everything shuts down. 3-5 days in was the worst for me, it got loads easier after I was in my "menopause" stage :haha: Stimming comes with the next med, Menopur, Follistim, Gonal-F, etc. That's what stimulates the follicles to GROW!!!

I'm younger than you guys, but we're still going to ask to transfer 2. We can't afford this again, even if none stick, so the Dr. better listen to us! I am soooo looking forward to the ttw. It's going to be such a anxiety fest, but it'll be one hellofa ride!!!

Hi all

Poor DHs. They'll have to step up the housework. I do everything too Princess. He'll do a batch once in a blue moon.

I've had my blood test done today to check I have down regged. I get the results tomorrow afternoon and if all is well then I start injecting tomorrow night. I've had the needle teach so it's all go. She thinks all will be fine as i've had all the symptoms, bleed, headaches and hot flushes. It's a good job she mentioned that I still have to sniff though. Hadn't realised that one. Just one sniff twice a day instead of two.

Hope you are all well :hugs:

Yay trask for injecting, swear I can't wait till I get to that point, I know I'm a bit behind you lot and I know this threads only till Oct but if I'm still here in November I'll talk to myself :haha:

Hubby's doctors is taking the biscuit! All the have to do is sign the bloody piece of paper then call us so we can fax it, is that so hard! Well apparently so, so much so that it can take up to 3 weeks!!!! :growl:

Had a bit of a cry this morning, felt like a right wuss lol I don't even know what it was over but for some reason I felt really guilty for having to drag DH down this route lol

All better now tho, feeling a bit shitty tho, think I've caught that bug but Ive still got a smile on my face :D I know we'll get there eventually

Xx

Yay trask for injecting, swear I can't wait till I get to that point, I know I'm a bit behind you lot and I know this threads only till Oct but if I'm still here in November I'll talk to myself :haha:

Hubby's doctors is taking the biscuit! All the have to do is sign the bloody piece of paper then call us so we can fax it, is that so hard! Well apparently so, so much so that it can take up to 3 weeks!!!! :growl:

Had a bit of a cry this morning, felt like a right wuss lol I don't even know what it was over but for some reason I felt really guilty for having to drag DH down this route lol

All better now tho, feeling a bit shitty tho, think I've caught that bug but Ive still got a smile on my face :D I know we'll get there eventually

Xx

Looks like i'm going to beging Stimming possible this next weekend. only Gonal -f to stimm .. no Menopur this time Yeah! Hopefullythis Doc knows what do do better than my old RE..

Is there anyone eles on here from Houston?? I thought i saw someone else from Houston but I lost track of her name =((

Princess if you're still here in November I'm sure we'll stay and talk to you :)

Traskey hope the bloods are good and you can start your shots. I think I have to stick with the four hourly sniffs all the way through to EC! Good that you get to reduce yours.

Got a call from the drug company today and my box of goodies arrives tomorrow :happydance:

Hi girls :)

Traskey- LOVING the things we cant do during the 2ww! dh is a lazy git and i do everything so will make a change for him to pull his weight around the house! result! haha x

Princess- There will be a Nov/Dec thread soon so you wont be on your own and we will be checking on you to see how u get on ;-) x

Hope- Yay for the drugs arriving tomorrow! its a HUGE box but mostly packaging so dont panic! lol x

Amirini- Welcome to the thread :) x

Hi to Rosa, Tinks and everyone else x

I had a real mixed emotions day today. We scattered my mums ashes on the beach in north wales and then went to holywell and lit candles and said prayers for her so very emotional for me an my dad. Then tonight i started my down regulation jabs. Strange contrast and im very emotional starting this without my mum around to support me but i pray she watches over us and helps send us our baby. The jab never hurt at all as my best friend did it and she is diabetic so been injecting for 30yrs herself so she was a pro. Glad 1st jab out the way and hope i dont get many side effects later on :) xxx

That sound lovely AQ about scattering your mums ashes!(but emtional) Glad first jab went well!

princess-don't worry i will still follow you!

I cried this afternoon on the way home, it's just all getting too much these last couple of days. It has taken me 2 days to get to speak to someone at my clinic and when I did they said we might have to change my start day on monday as they didn't think my reciepient lady hadn't gotten her period yet. I just felt so upset, like we are not as important as the other lady because we are jsut the donor!!!

Anways I couldn't ring again so got my DH to ring again and explain I was upset as I was told to stop the pill on monday which I did as they said I have to be off the pill 7 days beofre starting. DH pointed out that I would be off the pill for 7 days by then and they were like oh ok then, stick with monday! (the lady will have had AF by then so it's fine!)
FFS!!! why did she mention it in the first place if it didn't really matter! I was so upset all afternoon and it is really hard to teach a lesson when you just want to go home an cry! I know that without the egg share scheme we wouldn't be able to have ivf but I still hate and get upset by having to get inline with someone elses schedule........

Thanks girls tbh I'm hoping they'll squeeze me in the end of October :) it's my 21st in august and I'll be kinda gutted if I'm pregnant over it, not that I'm that fussed tho, it would just be amazing to get pregnant so I'm not bother when lol xx

ST I'm worried about having to conform with someone else's schedule to, and they do make you feel like the less important one just cuz their paying, I remember at our first appointment it was the doner this and the doner that and they didn't really tell us much about our own journey :S wow hard to imagine that was back on the 1st of June :/
Xx

ST I'm worried about having to conform with someone else's schedule to, and they do make you feel like the less important one just cuz their paying, I remember at our first appointment it was the doner this and the doner that and they didn't really tell us much about our own journey :S wow hard to imagine that was back on the 1st of June :/
Xx

hey princess! yeah I didn't want to make it seem bad to you as you are gonna be doing the same thing! this is the first time it has really annoyed me today!!!!!x
FX for end of oct start 4u!x

I kinda knew how it was gunna be from day 1 tbf, and thanks I have my finger crossed too lol, I'm just a little confused about what circumstances we could end up paying for all Of it, it's summat like if we have less then 6 eggs they cancel the doner but carry on for us free of Charge but if we have 7ish they give us the decision to carry on sharing or keep em all for ourselves but if we keep them we have to pay, or summat along thoses lines, is it the same at your clinic?? X x

yeah that first bit is exactly the same, if we get less than 6, they cancel the other ladies treatment and carry on with us at no extra charge but you would not be accepted again to egg share. If 7 then yeah I think the same again, you can decide to share or not, but if you decide not I think you have to pay.
I'm sure we will both get many more eggs than 6!x

Let's hope so lol, I did try googlein to see what the average number of eggs collected was or what's a normal number? But it told me nothing lol, any ideas ladies?? X x

I'm taking a guess at the average number of eggs from when I did research a few months ago. It's 10-20 with most around 15 for a normal IVF cycle, but of course that's average and everyone's different. I've heard the most stories of women getting 20 eggs, but not all of them were good quality. I'm on mini IVF so I'm a bit different. I should produce between 5-10 eggs. Right now I have 7 large follicles (13mm-17mm) and 6 smaller ones (5mm-9mm) but I still have 2 more days of stimming before ER and I won't know how many actual eggs I have until then. Mature eggs are 20-25mm. I have another u/s tomorrow to make sure they don't get too big too fast. I'm unber bloated right now from all the follies growing like mad :wacko: Just a few more days till "tigger" and then ER :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->