IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

First injection done and it was fine :) Well, DH did the stabbing, I just stood there :rofl:

Magpies, how did today go? Hopefully you get referred and start soon!!

Hope, yay for huge box of meds!! :happydance: I was so excited when mine came, too!

Zowiey, 2 weeks already?! That's awesome! Things are moving so quickly for you!

Traskey, Yay for being menopausal! :haha: When did we ever think we'd be excited to say that?! How funny!

Touch, I actually heard that you should not drink a lot of water after the ER. However, I've heard differing stories about this...try gatorade instead. Your doc didn't say anything about limiting your water intake? I also heard that major bloating is a sign of OHSS, so you might want to call, just to check.

First injection done and it was fine :) Well, DH did the stabbing, I just stood there :rofl:

That's what we're going to do too! Did it hurt?

Afm, went to the needle teach today! :happydance: Luckily, my dh used to work for a drug company, selling diabetic meds, so as part of his training, he had to "live as a diabetic" for a day. He's had tons of jabbing experience. Plus, he's field trained in this kind of stuff for the army. I feel so confident in his "poking" skills. :rofl: We start Friday!

Touch--My doctor told me 64 oz of fluid after ER, 32 of those oz Gatorade. Not sure of the rationale, but it's what I was told.

ST - not sure about the flower remedy, I read all the instructions for the drugs and one of them said to tell your Dr if you were taking herbal remedies - but I think it was the Nasal Spray.

Tink - Glad it's not just me with the photo fetish ;) I want to put them all in a scrap book! It should say on the invoice what needs to go in the fridge - mine said Trigger shot only but I've stashed my Menopur in there too. I checked on the manufacturer's website and it said Menopur can be fridge or cupboard as long as it's under 22 degrees and not in bright light. (4 days now until we start DR!)

Annie - :wave: I was hoping you would stop by - this thread is so much better than the September thread at the BCRM ;)

Traskey - :dance: for being menopausal! (And I never thought I'd write that on a TTC thread!) Thank goodness DH got home in time for the first stab :)

Rosa - :thumbup: for DH's poking skills

Interesting about this gatorade stuff after ER - I read about that on Rosa's journal (I think it was Rosa's!). Do we even have gatorade in the UK and why do we need to drink it? I'll miss my water! :saywhat:

:friends: Hello to everyone else - hope you're all staying calm and positive!

Just sharing this link in case anyone else finds it a useful read.

Traskey -:happydance::happydance::happydance: for the first jabby. I am glad DH with there and not on the golf course, naughty DH :haha:

Touch the sky - Sorry you are feeling so bloated, hope you find a way to ease it soon :hugs:

AQ - well done for injection No2, sounds like everything is going smoothly with your treatment :thumbup:

Rosababy - Glad needle teach went well and it sounds like you are in very safe hands with DH, you lucky thing :winkwink:

4ever - what is gatorade? Is it like lucazade, a sugary energy drink????

Hope - yes, I want pics so I can look back. I think I am going to keep a few things and once I am expecting then I may do a scrapbook type thing of our journey. OMG!!! 4 days eeeekkk.

How are you ST??? 4 days for you also :thumbup:

Morning to everyone :kiss:

Hey girls, I won't be joining you anytime soon.

Fobbed off again, apparently I also most probably have PCOS. They now think my tube is patent. This is after being told it is damaged and blocked. They want me to keep on trying. I have to go for another US (I've had around 4 already) to confirm the PCOS and to carry on trying. And to lose more weight, as I am apparently still too fat to be a mum. Keep bursting into tears, everything just seems to be going round in circles. No one seems to make a proper diagnosis. Sick of seeing different people with different opinions. My FS was all for IVF, I saw one of his registrars instead yesterday, he didnt even know I had had an ectopic. I go back again in Decemeber and they will more than likely be making me try clomid. I will have then been TTC for 20 months. Not an ounce of real help, my friend has been diagnoise with PCOS and wasnt even scanned and been given clomid straight away, shes only been TTC for a year. Just feel like everything is up against me and I'll never get there. It's like its not meant to be. I told him I was terrified of another ectopic, he didn't seem to care. I was crying my heart out.

Sorry to bring so much negativity but I guess you guys understand better than most.

I won't joining you but I wish you all the best for your IVF cycles and I hope you all get your BFP's as you will all make awesome mums and deserve it so much.

xxxxx

Becca I'm so sorry, would it be better to change fs or ask for a second opinion? Hope every thing works out for you in the end :hugs:

Hope thanks for your lovely words and thanks for the interesting read, will make DH read it later just so heknows what he's in for :haha:

Also can't remember who asked but yeah we do have Gatorade in thus country and I think it is similar to lucozade but in that link hope linked it's said not to drink Gatorade because it can cause hyperstimulation so (also can't remember who) was worried about the bloating and ohss I'd ask your fs

St - I did read somewhere about some herbal remedies messing withthe meds so I'd ask the clinic which your allowed to take

Hope everyone is well - one more day till Friday YAY!! This weeks gone quick!!
No update for me as per :D
Xx

Tinks- Thanks. Will be you down regging soon :)

Traskey- Well done on 1st jab.

magpies- ah im sorry chick :-( most places wont refer intill 2yrs of ttc tho so they may be being rigid on that which i think is pathetic with your history. You will get there in the end. You have age on your side luckily, like i did, so even tho its taken a long time to get to this stage it did happen in the end and it will for you too. Keep positive even tho i know how hard x

Girls i maybe overly sensitive due to dr but... i notice that very few of you include me in your posts and just wondered why? :-( i try to be as supportive as i can be on this forum and im wondering if i have maybe said something wrong at some point? probs me being silly but wanted to make sure.
Day 3 of dr for me today and i feel so exhausted i could sleep for a wk! shows its working i guess? xxx

Traskey -:happydance::happydance::happydance: for the first jabby. I am glad DH with there and not on the golf course, naughty DH :haha:

Touch the sky - Sorry you are feeling so bloated, hope you find a way to ease it soon :hugs:

AQ - well done for injection No2, sounds like everything is going smoothly with your treatment :thumbup:

Rosababy - Glad needle teach went well and it sounds like you are in very safe hands with DH, you lucky thing :winkwink:

4ever - what is gatorade? Is it like lucazade, a sugary energy drink????

Hope - yes, I want pics so I can look back. I think I am going to keep a few things and once I am expecting then I may do a scrapbook type thing of our journey. OMG!!! 4 days eeeekkk.

How are you ST??? 4 days for you also :thumbup:

Morning to everyone :kiss:

I don't know what lucazade is...it's a sports drink with electrolytes :) I don't know how sugary it is--I got some with less sugar, I do know that. At any rate, I'm sure their website is probably: gatorade.com if you want to check it out.

I'm one week after my transfer now. I had a short lived yeast infection that has gone away (probably induced by the gatorade lol). My doctor was unconcerned, just said I couldn't treat it like I normally would.

My boobs are swollen and sore--a symptom I've never had before (I don't get that with my periods) and I'm a little bloated in general. I also was fatigued this morning. I am usually up at the first sign of morning before my alarm (birds chirping--sheaths of light)...today I hit snooze about 4 times! Not like me at all.

Anyway, I don't know if it's anything, but I'm hopeful. I did poas this morning--nothing yet. My blood work is Tuesday, so FX!

Thanks!
xx
Stacy

Thank you, lC1. I am cautiously optimistic. :)

I have spotting today and some cramping. Unfortunately, this is something that happens with me mid-cycle, so I'm not getting my hopes up on this one. It would be oh so sweet though for once not to have this be a preview to AF.

My ET was one week ago today...does anyone know--is this the right timing for implantation?

Thanks ;0)

Stacy

Stacy I think that is about the time for implantation. Fx!

Becca so sorry that you have to wait again, I know our clinic won't take referrals until you've been trying for 2 years, though you think they'd change that if you have known issues. :hugs:

AQ don't take it personally Hun, there are so many of us here now that it's difficult to keep up and mention everyone in posts. I'm really not looking forward to feeling tired, I don't have a lot of energy as it is lol Is your OH still working nights?

AFM I just got the urge to make a chocolate cake, got a recipe off the Internet and got to work, mixed it all up and put it in the cake tins then realised I'd forgotten to add the baking powder. Suffice to say it hasn't risen and looks more like a brownie. Oops! Hopefully it'll still taste ok :lol:

Oooh Hope that sounds yummy!

Tinks-yep 4 days, woop woop! :)

4everyoung-sound like it good be implantation, try not to worry too much! I never get spotting, so i'm hoping I won't get an implantation bleed as I will just totally freak out!!!

AQ-glad dr is going well, maybe you feelin sensitive hun as I haven't noticed anyone leaving you out, but like hope said it's so hard to keep up! I tend to just reply to whatever is on the last page as I can't remember anything form the previous page by the time I have read the current page!!!! That's what I do anyway!xxxx

hey trask, lovecutie, rosa, zowiey, and everyone else! sorry if I missed your name, I can't remember all the names !

Well I'm feeling fairly cheerful as dh and I are going to my cousins wedding in hertfordshire on saturday! I brought DH a new suit as (can u believe) he has never had one!!!! OMG he looked so hot! Then my mum rang last night and said she had booked us a room at the venue so we can have a nice weekend before starting things on monday!!! So pleased :)
Also as the clinic is quite a drive away I have all day monday off!
x

Hello ladies quick update from me, up to my eyes in packing!! Just wanted to let you all know that AF arrived today, bang on que!! Start stimms tomorrow along with steroids and aspirin eek!! So scared but ready for it. Sorry for no personals but it's the big move tomorrow. I'm also working all day how stupid am I :dohh: I'll update when I can girls. Love and babydust to you all. X

Ps anyone the best time of day to take steroids with regards to side effects etc. Morning or evening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->