IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Now this is where the us and uk words get complicated. Where I live, Lancashire UK, we say pants for trousers and knickers for underwear lol.

Hope, today is the day, let the fun begin :) are you injecting for Dr? What are the tablets that you have had? Don't think I have any tablets to take.

ST, good luck again for today.

Well, just on our way to the clinic. A bit nervous but feel better than last night.

Still can't believe we will be starting today!!!

Have a good day girls x

Well been on the phone to the doctors today andthey said it should be done by the end of the week, they said it's because the usual doctors been I'll and the area replacement doctor couldnt do it because he didnt know DH :dohh:
So not exactally progress but were getting somewhere :thumbup:

Good luck for today hope, tinks and st I hope your scan goes well

:hi: to everyone else

Xx

At least it some progress princess. I hope they keep to their word!

My appointment was at 10 but we were 50 minutes late due to traffic so the nurse said they couldn't see us today but after stamping my feet they have agreed to see us at quarter past 12. Stressed is not even the right word! X

Good for you Tinks for standing your ground. It must happen loads that people get stuck in traffic. We didn't make it to the open evening at our clinic as we got stuck on the M25 and M40! It's not like everyone has a fertility clinic down the road!

ST, Tinks, Hope, hope all goes well on day one for you.

Hope, I slept with my crystals under my pillow last night. DH found them this morning and asked what I was doing. I said, giving us a helping hand and he said that's ok then. I think he was worried i'd lost the plot and not realised i'd put them there :haha:
Today I have ovary pain and ewcm so i'm hoping that means that the drugs are working.

all my appointments ive been late too :haha: only by ten minutes tho, the problem is its a 2 and a half hour drive and once you drive into london its just traffic traffic traffic, plus the parking as our clinic doesnt have its own car park :dohh:

xx

Just popping on quickly to wish all the girls that are starting today lots of luck! :)

I have had a tooth extraction and im feeling very sore as was very difficult to remove and lots of bleeding after it so i have a bandage stuffed in my mouth :-(
Going to have a lie down an read my mags. I have my 7th jab at 6pm so a wk done already! just another 2wks intill baseline scan and then hopefully start stimming not long after that :) xxx

Hi all--

I go to the doctor tomorrow, but AF seems to be here in full force, so I think I'm out for this cycle. I'm sad but optimistic that it'll work out next time. I'm grateful for everyone and the support I receive here in addition to the blessing of having insurance that will allow me to do this again.

Thanks!
xx
Stacy

aww stacey, good luck with everything! hopefully the next cycle will have a more positive outcome xx

Hi gang. Well my cons has now decided I should do short protocol instead of long. So I have had needle teach but not done any injections. I will just go straight to stimming on cd 2 or 3.

I have to wait for my period which is due sat/sun and call them on day 1 and then go for a blood test on cd2/3. If my levels are ok I can then start that night or the next. I have been perscribed

150iu of Gonal F each night
0.25mg of Cetrolide each night but only from day 4 of stimming
500mg of metfomin twice a day
5000iu of pregnil 36 hours before EC

I will also get passeries after ET.

Can I ask the girls that are or will be taking gonal F, what is your dosage, 150mg seems quite low????

My head is spinning but a lot more excited than I have been and very glad the process has been shortend.

Oh they also said my scans indicate PCOS???? News to me, I dont have any symptoms so it I do it must be very very mild?

4ever, I am so sorry. Take care hun x

Traskey, I hope those crystals work their magic :thumbup:

Princess no care park must be a nightmere.

AQ - hope your toothache gets better soon, that sound nasty :hugs:

Yay tinks for stimming and short protocol, sounds like youll be at ec before you know it :D

yupp no car park is a night mare but the people who rent the rest of the building/or own the building (not sure) have an on the side car park and if you ask them nicely enough and they have spaces they occasionally let ya use it for a 5er, which is an excellent price for parking in london for the day :thumbup:

xx

I know princess, whirlwind or what??? :haha:

£5 isn't too bad but I think the clinic should have their own.Most people drive to appointments. Still got my fx for your hubbys forms :thumbup:

well especially in london, everybody drives lol

mee to, im sick of waiting now lol im just want everything to move along a bit quicker :haha:

Well Tinks sound like you and I have both had an eventful day!
When I went in for scan the women doing it said (in such a blase way-don't they relalise that stuff they say can be a stab in the heart) 'Oh I don't think you will be able to start today as your recipeint hasnt had AF!'
After scan which was fine she proceeded to almost tell me off and make out that is was my fault we couldnt start because I had stopped the pill too early and had therefore bled too early. Im cd4 today. Both Dh and I tried to explain that WE COULDN'T GET THROUGH to the clinic all day last monday the day I was told to stop, so I just stopped and thought it was the right thing to do. Apparently not.
I really don't think they have timed things well anyway if they originally thought the other lady was gonna get AF last monday! I know Af's can be late but that is very late.
Then she basically said we might have to now wait another month! So i start crying at this point.
We then had to go sit back in waiting area with me crying-how off putting must that have been to any potential couples in the waiting area!
The staff must have thought I was making the clinic look bad because they quickly moved us.

We then got sent it to another nurse who said that there were no messages over the weekend from the recipient, so we just thought well thats it then for this cycle. I was still crying and when she was out the room saying to DH 'I wish we didn't have to egg share, why do we have to egg share?'

She gave me more bcp's, but also gave me 150iu Gonal F to take home in case the lady got her Af today. If it didnt come tody it would be too late. However I thought, that as it was gone 11am she would have rang by that point. So we were sent off home, not knowing what was gonna happen, and me still crying. I didnt speak to DH all the way home. I'm ashamed to say that when we were left alone in a room at the clinic, I put all my anger/upset onto Dh saying that I couldn't possibly say what I wanted to say to him (that he didnt care that we had to wait another month because he already has children) he guessed this however.

When we got home Dh went to work and I was left to brood. Just half an hr ago, clinic finally rang with the news that the ladies AF has arrived and we can start! I'm in shock, I can't believe that something has gone right!! I apologised about the pill cock up, although Im still cross about that as really it is there fault for not communicating better.

So tinks-as you can see I'm also on 150iu Gonal F. I have pcos so the low dose (although I don't think it's particularly low as some people start on 75iu I think) is maybe to do with them seeing some pco. Great news on short protocol! how much will this shorten your overall journey do you think?
We have to go on the m25 to get to clinic and I also worry about being late!

princess-I hope you do get that form sorted by end of week as they have said.

AQ-so pleased that your journey is moving along quickly and nicely!

4everyoung-so sorry it hasn't worked, I can't imagine how you feel but you seem to be positive which is great. I was devastated earlier just with the thought that I would have to wait another month. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone else! I will come on again later to catch up properly! so sorry for such along self indulgent post.....sorry everyone..x

ST - What an emotional day :hugs::hugs::hugs: you must have been devastated, I thought the world was going to end when they said they couldn't see us today so I can imagine to a certain extent :hugs: It is the clinics fault though, they should make sure there is someone to answer urgent phone calls. I had to call the emergancy number when I called to request treatment last AF as no one was answering :dohh:

Do not feel bad about DH, you were under so much strain and I am sure he will forgive and forget.

Have you done your first jabby???? How did it go? You will have EC in about 2 weeks then?

By doing short protocol it has shortend it by 3 weeks but we wont start for another week so its more like 2 weeks and should not clash with my mums birthday now :thumbup:

I am glad see someone else with the same dose. They are monitoring me very closely and the nurse said the will change the dosage as and when :thumbup:

st - sounds like youve been through the mill today then, and im ashamed to say ive throw dh having kids in his face on more then one occasion when ive been upset, ive told him he doesnt know what its like to be told you cant have babies untill hes reminded me he's been told he cant have babies with his wife :blush:

xx

Also, has anyone else been perscribed metformin????? Was not expecting this either :haha:

4ever, I am so very sorry, I'm sending huge :hugs:

ST, Oh my goodness, what a rollercoaster day! But YAY for Egg lady getting her AF! And a bigger YAY for starting! :happydance:

Tinks, I hope AF comes on time so you can get started! It's crazy how many different drugs there are for one purpose isn't it?! :wacko:
xxx

AQ, Tooth extraction sounds painful, hope you're ok? :hugs:

Well, I had my scan & bloods today, and I had about 10 follies on my right ovary, and about 8 on my left. But some were showing as quite big, so she was concerned that I might be over stimulating, but I haven't heard anything from them so I must be ok :dohh: Cue me spending the next few days worrying about over stimulating and what it means! :haha:

xxxx

princess-I konw it's hard isn't it, but that's a really good point that your DH has...x

tinks-yeah I was put on metformin after dicovering I had pcos in july but I couldn't cope with the side effects. My clinic said it didnt matter too much if you can handle then thats good, but if you can't don't worry. The reason for it is to try and reduce risk of ohss as if you have pco or pcos you have more follies and are more likely to develop ohss!! i think it only 'may' help it is not proven. I'm sure you have read the leaflet and it's actually a drug for diabetics to control insulin!

I think starting on 150iu is to try and prevent overstimmulating the follicles too early, and like your clinic said, they can always up the dose if need be. Didn't you have s can a while back and there were lots of follies? maybe I'm thinking of someone else. This is how they picked up my pcos on the first scan i had. if you have had a scan before i'm surprised they haven't picked up on it beofre. Also short protocol is better for people with pco so is that why they have switched you? Really pleased that although you are waiting another week now, your actually saving weeks and going straight to stimming!

Hope-after reading about you getting a fertility bracelet, I had a look on etsy and have just ordered one from fertile garden. it has moonstone and rose quartz and other things in it! it also has an elephant with its trunk raised charm which is a symbol of fertility and I also ordered a turtle charm to go on it too. turtles are a symbol of fertility as they lay so many eggs! I hope having one will give me lots of good quality eggs!xxxx

Ooooh St - I hope the braclet brings you the luck you need. I had 24 follies that were dormant at my last scan. The nurse said it looked like PCOS has shown up on the last 2 scan but I cant see it being too bad at all as I have no symptoms and fairly regular cycles. Thats why I was confused about the metformin as I thought it was for diabetics :haha: Is that why you had a bad tummy when you went camping?

Zowie - That is a lot of follies. Are they reducing your dose or anything? What stimming drugs are you taking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->