IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Tinks - now that is confusing that you call your trousers pants! I'm sniffing for DR, which actually doesn't start until Wednesday. I'm taking Notheristerone tablets from today which are progesterone tablets to control when the witch arrives.

Oh my goodness on your appointment nearly being cancelled! It's not your fault you got caught up in the traffic.

We have parking at our clinic but it's only for EC day - it's right on the doorstep so you don't have to walk too far. Otherwise we just park in the main hospital car park which is generally easy to find a space but you have to pay either £1 for 1 hour or £3 for more than that, which is a pain in the arse when you don't know quite how long you'll be and you end up stumping up the three quid and then being in and out in half an hour!

Hurrah for going straight to stimming! How on earth do they decide between long and short protocols? Good news that it won't clash with your mum's big day too.

Princess - at last some progress - though that's completely rubbish that the replacement doc couldn't complete the form, surely your DH has records on the system?? We don't really have a specific doctor at our practice, we just see whoever is available. We saw three different GPs through the course of our TTC up until referral!

Traskey - Glad its not just me trying the crystal by osmosis by popping them under a pillow! Ovary pain sounds like your meds are doing their job :dance:

AQ - a tooth extraction?? You poor thing, never nice going to the dentist as it is let alone when you're drugged up on your DR meds. An evening in front of the TV sounds on the cards

Stacy honey I am so sorry - you are right to focus on the positive though and it is great that your insurance will fund another cycle.

ST - oh my oh my what a day you have had! I was holding my breath through most of your post and breathed a sigh of relief when the other lady finally got her AF, she must be on some mega long cycle! :dance: that you are finally getting started :dust: Oh and I'm going to have to look up your Etsy bracelet, there were too that I liked and I couldn't decide which one to get!

Zowiey - I think if they are worried you are over stimulating they coast your meds for a few days so the fact that they've not called you is good. Sounds like your growing a fair sized crop there!

AFM DH thinks I've cracked and I haven't even started DR properly yet. My friends have a little girl who is coming up to her first birthday in November and she doesn't have a doll. So I decided I was going to buy her one, but her mum's quite crafty so rather than a Tiny Tears I thought I'd look on Etsy - and fell in love with this one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/71929937/posy-knitted-toy-doll-pdf-email-knitting Then realised it's not the doll - just the knitting pattern… I haven't done any knitting since my grandma taught me when I was about 7 or 8 but I decide what the heck, I need something to occupy me in the 2ww so I ordered it! I already have visions of me knitting toys for my own baby as well as blankets and clothes… I thought it would be quite relaxing to do but I bet you any money it's just a big cause of stress because I'll get all frustrated with it :lol:

Oooooooooo busy busy in here!

4ever, so sorry that the witch has arrived. Sending you loads of :hugs: and wishing you all the best for your next attempt.

AQ, sorry about the tooth extraction. That sucks :( I hate going to the dentist.

Tinks, straight to stimming :wohoo: Cut out that boring 3 week DR where we all go a little :wacko: EC will be here before you know it! Sorry about the pcos. I suspect that's why they switched you.

Princess, £5 is really good for London!

ST, what a nightmare day you've had for whirlwind emotions! Matching up with the egg sharer sounds a nightmare and i'm not impressed that the nurse was mean to you about it. They should answer their phones :grr: So sorry that they made you cry. Good that your egg sharer finally got her period though so you can start this cycle. Things will move quickly now.

Zowiey, wow, you got a scan already. Cool. 18 eggs is a great count. Hope you don't over stimulate, try not to worry about it.

I'm taking menopur, I currently have 3 powders, but she said they may drop it to 2, no idea what the doseage is! Well, who thought this was going to be simple anyway?!!

xxx

Trask, haven't you had a scan? I have another Weds, then Fri & Mon. Its a right pain in the arse, like everyone else the clinic is over an hour away plus parking :wacko:

I'm on 225 Menopur but I also have an additional 75 dose that they said they'd show me how to do Friday.

Zowiey, no scan, apart from the one I had last month. We just get one to measure the size of the follies at the end. No progress report. I'm sure it's a pain to go often but i'd like to know if the drugs are working or not for stimming and that the eggs are growing.

st - i didnt know that about turtles, so ive just ordered myself a turtle belly bar, i figured the closer it was to my belly the more use it would be :haha:
also they came in pink, blue or rainbow crystal and i didnt wanna influence sex of my baby :blush: so i got the rainbow one, im thinking about getting some crystals but im thinking ill talk to dh about it first, after all it is our baby and not just mine :winkwink:

ill try post a pic once it comes :haha:

xx

Isn't it strange how they all work? They told me it would be every other day, but for some reason I don't go on weekends!? :haha:

I have a question..... when the eggs are retrieved, what is classed as day 1? The day of retrieval or the next? Hope this makes sense??

Oh and sorry for all the individual posts, our tinternet is running at a snails pace!

hope - hubby doesnt see one specific doctor either but by now ive realised they talk a load of twaddle :haha:

also that doll is lovely, i cant knit but i crochet so i do everyones baby blankets, im just finishing my god daughters one then ive gotta get started on my cousins one cuz shes expecting a little boy start of jan :D

xx

Hope - I think the knitting is a great idea, will keep you busy.

Thanks Traskey, I am not too worried about the PCOS as its never caused any problems that I am aware of. I am frilled to be going straight to stimmings, I have to inject cetrotide each day as well, that replaces DR and stops ov. I am just worried I wont get as good eggs doing short but not sure why. I think it may be because most people seem to be on long :happydance: Anyway, not long until your scan now :happydance::happydance:

Zowie - things are never simple are they :dohh: hope you get more info at your next csn :thumbup:

I have taken a pic of my meds but not sure how to post a pic. I will try and have a go, I know I am sad :haha:

Right here we go, a pic should apear hehe

https://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu297/Tinks1985/Wyre-20110919-00051.jpg

The nurse said it looked like PCOS has shown up on the last 2 scan but I cant see it being too bad at all as I have no symptoms and fairly regular cycles. Thats why I was confused about the metformin as I thought it was for diabetics :haha: Is that why you had a bad tummy when you went camping?

Yeah it was the metformin that made me feel bad! I don't want to put you off though!

tinks-how did you put the pic on? i want to put a pic off the bracelet i have ordered!

princess- that turtle belly bar sounds cool! im pleased we are all taking tips and things from each other!:thumbup:

trask-thanks for being in my corner about the nurse being mean! and how ru?

AQ- i forgot to mention about your dentist visit, I totally and utterly hate dentists!:nope: hope u ok.

Zo-glad scan went well, super amount of follies! try not to worry I know that is hard though....x

xx

I had help from Dh but I uploaded the pic onto photobucket and then copied and pasted the IMG number thingy.

You haven't out me off. I am one of the sad people that read all leaflets so I will read it and the nurse did give me a warning about tummy pains. I have IBS so we will just see how it goes.

:/ i dont know how you girls manage it, tinks's med box is scaring me just looking at it :haha:
xx

Princess it all looks very straight forward. The Gonal F is in a pre filled pen and all you do is turn it to the dose, inject and o
push the bottom in. The other is a little tricker as you have to mix powder and liquid but its all packed together and is simple. I alway paniced seeing other peoples meds but now they have been explained and demostrated in front of us they dont seem as daunting :thumbup: Just want to get stuck in now :haha:

You will see for yourself soon hun :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey ladies! Wanted to pop in and let you all know that we had the ER on the 18th. Out of 7 follicles we got 5 eggs and today we learned we have 4 embryos. ET on the 21st, we'll put 2 in and we're off to the races. I'm done with Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur injections! But I'm now on oil progesterone injections in my butt muscle and progesterone suppositories. Not much bleeding after ER. The progesterone injection didn't hurt (DH did it brilliantly), but today it feels like a bruise on my upper butt/hip. If I'm confirmed PG, I'll be doing these injections for the next 12 weeks!!! When I get home, I'll catch up on the thread, sorry so time right now as I don't have access to my own computer. Sending good thoughts out to all of you!!!

Yay for 4 embryos :wohoo: :dance: That's great news. Good luck with your transfer on the 21st. Hope all goes well :)

Glad egg collection went well and you are feeling ok afterwards.

:hugs:

Get lots of rest!

Good luck for the 21st hypns4life :thumbup: Glad everything went well with ER :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->