IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

4ever - Thats fantastic news that you can get going again so soon :thumbup: You must feel so much better knowing where you stand.

Whats lut hormone??? Dont think I have heard of that one.

I always get so far behind in the thread! Follies growing, jabbings going great, sniffing getting better... nice work ladies!!

PUPO with twins sounds so lovely :wohoo:

Distended ovary means that it's still swollen and enlarged from producing so many follicles so it aches and burns. u/s showed it was enlarged so no worries about anything like twisting going on.

Oh, I talked with FS about drinking water after ER and he said that you can drink water like normal and you should only refrain from it if you are overstimmulated. He said it's important to keep your electrolyte levels up so salty soup or Pedialyte is good. He said Gatorade wasn't as good because it didn't really have electrolytes in it. As far as diet: A healthy balanced diet is best. Avoid: sugar, caffeine, spicy foods, greasy foods, raw egg or fish, and processed meats like bologna.

That's great news foreveryoung!xx

Chris-glad you are feeling better after this morning!

AFM-I will be interested to see what has been happening at tommorrows scan after 4 days of stimms. I'm now just starting to feel a dull ache on both sides, like an ov pain but duller. I have been drinking tonnes of water but still had headaches for 2 days now....boo hoo! work was an effort today I'm very tired.... x

Hope-after all my talk about eating healthy we are having a sticky toffee pudding for dessert!!! oops!!!! that's what happens when you pop into the supermarket for some bread!

Tinks-I think you can put it all in the sharps bin probably-though I didn't put the wrappers in. I have been putting in the needle and syringes and I guess when i finish the vial tonight that could go in too. It just gets incinerated so I don't think it matters.

I didn't get any swabs/alcohol wipes even though it says to use them in the instructions. so haven't been wiping the area or anything! hope thats ok! It's not like we touch the needle though so I can't see germs getting in....

Hope -let us know how the hypno goes, I would like to try it. x

Hi trask, princess, AQ, risa, doodar, zowiey, delly, hypns, and everyone else!x

4ever - Thats fantastic news that you can get going again so soon :thumbup: You must feel so much better knowing where you stand.

Whats lut hormone??? Dont think I have heard of that one.

Thanks, Tinks. I abbreviated for lutenizing hormone which, according to wikipedia :) is:
Luteinizing hormone (LH, also known as lutropin[1]) is a hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland. In females, an acute rise of LH called the LH surge triggers ovulation[2] and development of the corpus luteum. In males, where LH had also been called interstitial cell-stimulating hormone (ICSH),[3] it stimulates Leydig cell production of testosterone.[4] It acts synergistically with FSH.

Seems like a good one to have working while TTC! At least I've got something going right!!! :dance:

Rosa - :dance: for doing your own jab - you're my hero right now! And yes - its ok that you are not going to the gym, you have had a busy work day, you're getting a cold and you are also preparing your body to do something miraculous - so veg in front of the TV and make the most of it :)

AFM - just rummaged in the wardrobe and found an old pair of work trousers - they're from Gap just like the ones I was wearing yesterday - and they're the exact same size - yet the ones from yesterday I couldn't do the button up on, and these do up nicely and have a good inch of expanding room in the waist band - so maybe I'll be ok through the bloating and won't need to invest in mat pants just yet!

Thanks, hope! and thanks for saying it's okay to not go to the gym. :blush: I just want to rest. Yay for not having to spend money on new pants! I found some old "fat pants" in the attic and brought them out. Didn't make me too happy, but it's only temporary.

AQ, actually not feeling many side effects. Just exhausted, but that could be because it's the beginning of a school year and I'm starting to feel sick. :shrug: Some cramps, but I'm supposed to get AF any day now...a little bitchy but not too bad. (I wish I could blame it on the meds!) :haha:

Doodar, 12 follies sounds good! If the clinic is happy, then you should be happy. Try not to feel down...:hugs: That's a great number! Make sure to rest lots, ask your doc about zinc or something, to keep your immunity system strong through the cold season.

Chris, I'm SURE your ovaries will do better, it's only day 4. Give them some time. If doc wasn't upset, then that's fine. You can can always stim for a bit longer, or up the dosage.

Tinks, I've just been putting the needles in. Mine are insulin needles, that do not detach from the syringe, so I just put the whole thing in. :shrug: Wipes, swabs, etc. i just throw away.

4everyoung, Is menopur the stimming drug? I'll be on that as well as Bravelle. I'm on lupron now, as a DR drug, I believe. Glad she has a plan! Now they know what to do and hopefully it'll work magic for you! And it's AWESOME that you don't have to wait very long! :happydance:

Hpyns4life, thanks for checking your doc for us. Glad I don't have to stop drinking water altogether! :wacko:

Afm, now I'm waiting for AF to come. Can't start my stimming until I do. I'm supposed to start stimming Monday, and AF was due anytime from Tuesday on, so here I am....:coffee: The problem is if I get it today or tomorrow, I have a scan tomorrow. :sick: Oh well, not my problem. :haha: Hopefully I won't have to push back my stimming.

Traskey - great tips! ok close other nostril , aim to the side (ooh which side, inside or outside) and tilt head back after. And I guess I'm supposed to sniff too - I think my con said to sniff but not too hard. It's weird because I've done nasal sprays before and been able to taste it in my throat - but with this nothing - which worries me that I'm not doing it right. It's like the nebuliser thing isn't tall enough for me to put my finger around and get it up my nostril :lol:

Aim to the outside Hope. Hope it works and yes, sniff at the same time!

ok - think that sniff worked - I can now taste the stuff! yuck...

Yay, it worked. Gross isn't it?

Also, I need some encouragement for not going to the gym. I'm exhausted from work, still feel like I'm getting a cold (sore throat, run down, etc.) and just plain don't want to go work out. That's okay right? :blush:

It's absolutely ok not to go to the gym if you aren't feeling up to it. Everything I have read said to rest as much as possible.

AFM Just back from scan and have 12 follies all ranging from 9mm to 16mm with 10-12mm being the average. Clinic seem happy with my progress, although I would have liked more, god that sounds really selfish doesn't it. I should be happy that I have any at all. Back Sat for another scan and to see if any of the smaller follies have caught up.

Do you think they would still do egg collection if you have a cold, I'm really worried about it.

12 follies, that's great Doodar. It never hurts to want more but 12 sounds like a good number to me :D I think they'll still do EC if you have a cold :)

Chris i didn't start til day 4 but when I go for scan tommorrow they have warned me several times to not worry if not much is happening yet as that can often be the case. It doesn't mean anything bad at this stage. Hope that helps because they really did stress it too me. x

Helps IMMENSELY! I was almost in tears this morning. Thanks hun. :hugs:

Aww, i'm sorry to read that Chris. I hope you are feeling a little better now.

Hi All--

I spoke with my RE today, and she told me a few interesting things. She said my body produces higher than normal (for my age) levels of lut. hormone, so the Menopur may have contributed to the small number of eggs maturing (4 of 7, only 2 were strong enough for transfer). She also mentioned that my follicles were of good size but needed more time to mature. So changes for me are:

No Menopur, Lupron instead (+GonalF like last time)
Transfer 38 hours after trigger, instead of 36 hours

I was also happily surprised when she told me I was in a position to start back on bcp tonight for 3 weeks, along with Lupron in a week or so, followed by my period, Gonal F, trigger, etc...

What this means is I DO NOT have to wait 1-2-3 months before starting IVF again. I'm in a good place. Fortunately I am in a good place emotionally. It's early in this process and I'm blessed with good insurance, so I am staying optimistic and putting all things in perspective.

Thanks to everyone. I'm hoping you're all feeling good about where you are in your process right now :0)
xx

Oooooooooo, good news, that's fab :) Glad you have a way forward and don't have to wait too long to start again.

Morning girls :)

AFM- Its day 10 of dr today! almost 2wks done! yaaaay. Feeling a little more awake today too xxx

That's an improvement! Yay :dance:

Princess, hope that :witch: get's here soon for you. I think I might have buckled on the testing by now. In fact, I know I would have buckled by now :haha:

AFM, my one and only follie scan tomorrow. Please let there be some decent sized follies in there[-o<

Hi girls.

Rosa- My major side effect of dr is exhaustion so think its part and parcel of it x

Princess- Hope that AF shows soon if your not pregnant but maybe u are ;-) GL x

Traskey- Ooh good luck with follie count tomorrow! hope there are lots x

Tinks- Hope all is well with u and u are preparing for dr x

4everyoung- glad u had positive news and that u can start again soon. Keep focused and strong and it will happen for you soon x

Chris- Day 4 is only early so dont worry! all will work out fine x

Hpyns- Strange that the advise u to not drink much water if overstimulated as my clinic advises 2-3litres of water if there is signs of OHSS... x

Doodar- Great news on follies! x

Hi to all the other ladies x

AFM- Im on day 11 of dr tomorrow! cant believe how fast time is going! will soon be my baseline scan on 4th oct! i am emotionally worn out tho tbh. Roll on EC/ET. I also got AF today which is a relief and could be the last one for 9mths!! aaah i pray so xxx

Hpyns- Strange that the advise u to not drink much water if overstimulated as my clinic advises 2-3litres of water if there is signs of OHSS... x

I didn't delve too deep into it since I was not over stimulated, but I was concerned about drinking water after ER since some ladies had mentioned they had been told to only drink tomato juice or gatorade. So that's what my FS told me, keep hydrated, don't hold your urine, and make sure to get enough salt. The second day after ER was the worst for me. My ovary burned pretty bad and having a full bladder made it worse. But my the 3rd day and ET day, my ovaries were feeling just achy and it was manageable. I've been really thirsty and hungry since the transfer and going to the bathroom incredibly frequently. Make sure you ladies have at least 2 days off after ET so you can rest up and do absolutely nothing while the little embies relax and implant :hugs:

I always get so far behind in the thread! Follies growing, jabbings going great, sniffing getting better... nice work ladies!!

PUPO with twins sounds so lovely :wohoo:

Distended ovary means that it's still swollen and enlarged from producing so many follicles so it aches and burns. u/s showed it was enlarged so no worries about anything like twisting going on.

Oh, I talked with FS about drinking water after ER and he said that you can drink water like normal and you should only refrain from it if you are overstimmulated. He said it's important to keep your electrolyte levels up so salty soup or Pedialyte is good. He said Gatorade wasn't as good because it didn't really have electrolytes in it. As far as diet: A healthy balanced diet is best. Avoid: sugar, caffeine, spicy foods, greasy foods, raw egg or fish, and processed meats like bologna.

Good luck! I hope you are feeling all right!

Thanks for sharing the list of foods...sounds good to me :)

Rosa - :dance: for doing your own jab - you're my hero right now! And yes - its ok that you are not going to the gym, you have had a busy work day, you're getting a cold and you are also preparing your body to do something miraculous - so veg in front of the TV and make the most of it :)

AFM - just rummaged in the wardrobe and found an old pair of work trousers - they're from Gap just like the ones I was wearing yesterday - and they're the exact same size - yet the ones from yesterday I couldn't do the button up on, and these do up nicely and have a good inch of expanding room in the waist band - so maybe I'll be ok through the bloating and won't need to invest in mat pants just yet!

Thanks, hope! and thanks for saying it's okay to not go to the gym. :blush: I just want to rest. Yay for not having to spend money on new pants! I found some old "fat pants" in the attic and brought them out. Didn't make me too happy, but it's only temporary.

AQ, actually not feeling many side effects. Just exhausted, but that could be because it's the beginning of a school year and I'm starting to feel sick. :shrug: Some cramps, but I'm supposed to get AF any day now...a little bitchy but not too bad. (I wish I could blame it on the meds!) :haha:

Doodar, 12 follies sounds good! If the clinic is happy, then you should be happy. Try not to feel down...:hugs: That's a great number! Make sure to rest lots, ask your doc about zinc or something, to keep your immunity system strong through the cold season.

Chris, I'm SURE your ovaries will do better, it's only day 4. Give them some time. If doc wasn't upset, then that's fine. You can can always stim for a bit longer, or up the dosage.

Tinks, I've just been putting the needles in. Mine are insulin needles, that do not detach from the syringe, so I just put the whole thing in. :shrug: Wipes, swabs, etc. i just throw away.

4everyoung, Is menopur the stimming drug? I'll be on that as well as Bravelle. I'm on lupron now, as a DR drug, I believe. Glad she has a plan! Now they know what to do and hopefully it'll work magic for you! And it's AWESOME that you don't have to wait very long! :happydance:

Hpyns4life, thanks for checking your doc for us. Glad I don't have to stop drinking water altogether! :wacko:

Afm, now I'm waiting for AF to come. Can't start my stimming until I do. I'm supposed to start stimming Monday, and AF was due anytime from Tuesday on, so here I am....:coffee: The problem is if I get it today or tomorrow, I have a scan tomorrow. :sick: Oh well, not my problem. :haha: Hopefully I won't have to push back my stimming.

Thank you! I Menopur is a Lut. producing drug...not sure the exact definition of "stimming" though I should because everyone here uses it :) What's a DR drug? Thanks!

Hi girls.

Rosa- My major side effect of dr is exhaustion so think its part and parcel of it x

Princess- Hope that AF shows soon if your not pregnant but maybe u are ;-) GL x

Traskey- Ooh good luck with follie count tomorrow! hope there are lots x

Tinks- Hope all is well with u and u are preparing for dr x

4everyoung- glad u had positive news and that u can start again soon. Keep focused and strong and it will happen for you soon x

Chris- Day 4 is only early so dont worry! all will work out fine x

Doodar- Great news on follies! x

Hi to all the other ladies x

AFM- Im on day 11 of dr tomorrow! cant believe how fast time is going! will soon be my baseline scan on 4th oct! i am emotionally worn out tho tbh. Roll on EC/ET. I also got AF today which is a relief and could be the last one for 9mths!! aaah i pray so xxx

Thank you! :0) Isn't it great when you get AF when you WANT to in order to get started! Best to you xx

Thank you! I Menopur is a Lut. producing drug...not sure the exact definition of "stimming" though I should because everyone here uses it :) What's a DR drug? Thanks!

I guess stimming means stimulating, as in the ovaries, and DR is down regging, which means...um...shutting down the ovaries before they bring them up with the stimming. I guess. :shrug:

Hypnotherapy session last night was lovely - sooo relaxing. I started seeing this lady when I first starting TTCing to help with my throwing up phobia and she told me that on an anxiety scale of 1 to 10 I was about an 8 and having panic attacks regularly throughout the day and the night. So weird that I thought I was normal, but within weeks of starting the sessions I stopped having the panic attacks and found out what normal really felt like. Turns out my IBS was anxiety related too because that cleared up at the same time. I'm waffling - but what I'm trying to say is Hypno works!

I went to see her last week to talk through what would happen during the cycle and then last night she started the "treatment". We had a chat about how I was feeling now I've started DR, and what positive thoughts I wanted to maintain over the next week. She said that I looked really relaxed and happy! For the actual hypno session she talked me through a relaxation visualisation and then when I felt so relaxed I could have fallen asleep she told my subconscious how well I was doing, what a wonderful journey I was on and that if I start to feel differences in my body it's a good thing as it means the drugs are working and I should have a little secret smile and continue to be relaxed and excited.

Afterwards I did my 8pm sniff in the car before coming home - and realised that I do feel really relaxed and happy and that I want to maintain that feeling. It's weird because the me two years ago would be completely freaked out by what's happening!

Chris - glad to hear they're increasing your meds. Stay positive and picture those little follicles growing :dust:

Stacy - it's so good to hear that your RE has answers, and new plans, and that you can start again so soon!

Hpyns - thanks for the info on what to eat and drink after ET. I think 2 days bed rest is definitely on the agenda just to recover and let my body focus on supporting the embryo. Hope you're starting to feel less sore and uncomfortable.

ST - Sticky Toffee pudding? I LOVE sticky toffee pudding… hmm now I may have to throw some in the trolley when we got to ASDA tonight :lol: I didn't get any alcohol wipes in my drug kit either - just cotton wool pads to put on the site after to mop up any blood. It just said to wash hands and dry on a paper towel and then do the jabbing. GL for your scan today!

Rosa - I have a box of Fat Clothes in the attic but I'm pretty sure they were all tops, not bottoms, and I really really don't want to open that box :lol: Any sign of the witch? I'm so glad I don't have to have a baseline scan during AF - but I'm sure the nurses are used to it… FX stimming stays on schedule! You're right about the stimming and down regging :thumbup:

Traskey - Ah I was aiming to the inside - will switch to the outside today. My hypno lady explained how the whole nasal spray thing works last night and how the capillaries in your nose take in the drugs. :dust: for your scan today too.

AQ - Hurrah on the last :witch: visit for at least 9 months!

:wave: if I missed you.

AFM - I've woken up the last couple of days an hour before I need to get up absolutely starving - had to eat extra cereal today so I may need to invest in those fat pants sooner than expected after all! :lol:

Lots of scans today - so good luck and fingers crossed for you all. Think this is apt for today:

I willingly release old thinking patterns based on fear and self-doubt. I allow new ones based on love and self-confidence.

I'm heading off to work so apologise for the lack of personals. Will catch up later.

Shamelessly copied from my journal :blush:

Good morning,

Well I have good news and not so good news. Good news first, I have 15 follicles, 8 on one side and 7 on the other . One side is going great guns and has some follicles that are 18, 17, 15, 12, 11, 10 mm. The other side though is not so good. The largest I think was 9 and there were a lot of little ones. She thinks it likely that we won't be doing egg collection on Monday and that they'll have me in for another scan and keep me stimming until Tuesday or Wednesday.

The really little ones they don't think will be good enough to use so they want as many bigger ones as they can. 15mm is viable but they like 18+mm. All the consultants get together after lunch and review the scans and decide what to do. So we should know later this afternoon exactly when we'll egg collect. They grow 2mm a day usually. They'd like at least 4 of them to be big enough before egg collection.

I'm a little disappointed but I know that hopefully a few more days of stims will give us some more viable eggs to use. Stupid body, i'd rather it spent the energy growing less than having lots of useless little ones. It did produce a nice endometrium though of 12mm which was perfect.

Well girls af arrived today:happydance:

She's turned up with a bit of a vengeance, got REALLY bad cramps when I don't normally have any :dohh: think I need to invest in a hot water bottle, just strange how this cycle is nothing like any of the others :shrug:

Anyway, DH is gunna go get the form from the doctors today weather it's done or not, then I can get it faxed and atleast make an appointment,

Sorry for the lack of personals girl, really not feeling myself today, found out last night fil might have cancer and I've been up half the night with DH stressed out his head so I'm off for a kip

Hope alls well with everyone and hope the injecting ec/et are all going to plan

Xx

I'm heading off to work so apologise for the lack of personals. Will catch up later.

Shamelessly copied from my journal :blush:

Good morning,

Well I have good news and not so good news. Good news first, I have 15 follicles, 8 on one side and 7 on the other . One side is going great guns and has some follicles that are 18, 17, 15, 12, 11, 10 mm. The other side though is not so good. The largest I think was 9 and there were a lot of little ones. She thinks it likely that we won't be doing egg collection on Monday and that they'll have me in for another scan and keep me stimming until Tuesday or Wednesday.

The really little ones they don't think will be good enough to use so they want as many bigger ones as they can. 15mm is viable but they like 18+mm. All the consultants get together after lunch and review the scans and decide what to do. So we should know later this afternoon exactly when we'll egg collect. They grow 2mm a day usually. They'd like at least 4 of them to be big enough before egg collection.

I'm a little disappointed but I know that hopefully a few more days of stims will give us some more viable eggs to use. Stupid body, i'd rather it spent the energy growing less than having lots of useless little ones. It did produce a nice endometrium though of 12mm which was perfect.

Don't get too discouraged! Remember, it only takes one!!! :0) Baby dust to you!
xx

Trask you got some nice size follies there hun, don't get too discouraged, the smaller ones can always catch up. you'll be amazed how fast they can grow. I had quite a few last time at 9mm and they caught up towards the end. 12mm lining is great hun, mine was 9mm yesterday so 12 is really great :thumbup:
I have lots of little follies too which the nurse said were too small to measure but she did say that they can catch up.:thumbup:

Princess Yay!! for AF :happydance: so sorry about your FIL though how awful :hugs:

Day 8 of stimms for me tonight and back for scan tomorrow, can't wait to see how my follies are doing :happydance:

Trasky, I only had 5 follicles mature at the time of retrival after 14 days of stimming. I am now 6 weeks pregnant with one healthy bean! Don't worry everything will be fine:)

Hi girls.

Hope everyone is ok. Good luck for scan doodar, princess i hope the witch eases off on you, hello to everyone else x

Sorry for short post, i am on another planet today girls. Head been so spaced out, eyesight funny and felt dizzy, AF is causing me agony so been writihing round in bed all afternoon and ended up taking some painkillers and getting asleep for 2hrs thankfully. My poor tummy is so bloated and like a pin cushion and tonights jab is on the left so will hurt :-( just want my mum to give me a big hug but had to make do with snuggling up with her fleece dressing gown as still smells of her perfume. This treatment is draining me both physically and mentally today. Roll on starting stimms xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->