IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

:hi: girls,

quick one to just drop in and say spoke to doctors, letters been sent, not to impressed as i wanted to fax it to get it there quicker but its done now :thumbup:

hopefully will properly start on my ivf journey soon :happydance:

xx

Oh ladies....I have 10 follies all are too small but am only on day 5 of stims. Hoping they'll grow and there will be more!

AQ - Sorry you are feeling so poor and menatally drained :hugs::hugs::hugs: your mum will be watching over, remember that :hugs:

Princess - great news about the form, lets hope things get going now :thumbup: And yay for AF :thumbup:

Chris - I am sure your follies will grow, 10 is great.

Doodar - GL tomorrow, will be eager for an update.

Traskey - :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: 15 :happydance::happydance::happydance: you must feel realieved now. Allt hat worrying that you would produce enough follies :haha:

Hope - Glad your hypno session went well. I must say it does all sound so interesting. Well done you for over coming all your anxieties. Dont worry about eating to much, i guess we have to do what our bodies are telling us.

Hi to everyone, I am so sorry for not doing all peronals but I can only view the last page when typing a reply and cant remember wat everyone put :dohh:

AFM - Not feeling to great. I am having to come off some medication before treatment, I have reduced it slowly by about 60% but thought I would have a bit extra time during DR to reduce the rest. As I am not DR and going straight to stimming I have gone cold turkey and I am feeling it. Headaches, sickness, dizzyness, tiredness. Its not too bad as it comes and goes but think I will bein bed early tonight. Still really excited about stimming next week though :happydance::happydance::happydance: As long as witchy poos arrives on time, she is due tomorrow.

Hi all!
Well scan went well today I have 10 follies on the right ovary and 'loads, more than 10' on the left ovary! So over 20 in total.(the high amount is due to pcos) but im still pleased! he just measured the largest which was 19mm. The ones on the left seemed a lot smaller than the right but he didn't actually measure those ones. My lining is 8.8mm so happy with that after 4 days stimms. My drugs dosage has stayed the same (Gonal F 150iu) and have also been given cetrocide to stop premature ovulation so on 2 injections a day now, one AM one PM. OMG THE CETROCIDE IS A BITCH!! the nurse did the first one becasue its a pain to mix, it stings going in but after she said it would be like a bee sting and would sting and itch and swell! and it does!! took about 3 hrs to go down so I look forward to that when I'm half asleep in the morning-not!!!!
next scan tues!x

Trask-fab news about 15 follies, well done you! :)

princess-yay for form being sent off!!

AQ-I never though about the fact that my last AF could have ben my last for a while, that is a really cool thought!! Are you feeling any better? you poor thing what a rubbish day!

hope-glad you feel positive about the hypno it sounds really affective!!

doodar-your doing so well!

Tinks-i hope your cold turkey side affects don't last too long!

Fantastic with the follie number, schoolteacher! :thumbup:

I'm only at 10 follies that are small after 4 days of stimming. Feeling pretty depressed about it but hey, I'm told that alot can happen in 2-3 days so we'll see.

Clinic called...on same dose of medicine....300 Follistim and 2 Menopur. I thought it would increase since there's only 10 follies and they're small. :shrug: But, I'm not a doctor....and thank God for that as I'd kill everyone! :rofl: :rofl:

Princess yay! for form at least things are on the move now :thumbup:

AQ heres a hug for you, I know its not off your mum but hope it helps :hugs:

Tinks so sorry your feeling poo! I hope AF arrives on time for you, it would be great to have you not far behind, cant wait for you to start stimming :happydance:

ST wow 19mm at day 4 and 20 follies is great, well done :thumbup: Cetrotide is a killer isnt it. It burns like mad, hate it!

Chris 10 follies is a good number hun for 4 days of stimming. I think you'll be surprised how quickly they catch up and the longer they cook the better, maybe they will keep you on same dose but just stimm for longer. Try to relax hun ,easier said than done I know, big hugs for you too :hugs:

:hi::hi: to everyone else.

Hope, where do you live? you're always the first one to post in the morning, and it's 2 something in the morning for me! Glad your hypnotherapy is going well. I think stress impacts fertility so much, so this is great for you!

princess, so sorry you have such bad cramps. Heating pads help a LOT. I literally walk around all over the place with mine on when AF comes! Sorry you're not feeling yourself, and VERY sorry to hear about your fil. :hugs:

Trasky, I only had 5 follicles mature at the time of retrival after 14 days of stimming. I am now 6 weeks pregnant with one healthy bean! Don't worry everything will be fine:)

This is great to hear! Very encouraging for us, and congrats to you!

AQ,
sorry you're feeling bad today, too. Heating pad, some comfort food, and a good funny movie. :hugs: My heart goes out to you, hun.

Chris, come on follies, grow!!! :happydance: How many more days of stimming for you?

Tinks, i'm still waiting for af, too, in order to start stimming. When are you scheduled to start stimming? Sorry you're feeling bad. :hugs: Maybe a little caffeine will help with the headaches?

ST, that's great! Sorry the cetrocide is hard. ouch! how long do you have to take that med? does icing it afterwards help? like a bee sting, it should...

Afm, I woke up with MAJOR af cramps. Nauseating cramps...I took some aleve and felt better immediately. However, no af yet. I was SURE she'd show up within minutes of waking up, like she always does, but here I am almost dinner time and still nothing. :wacko: 3 days late. And no, there is no way I'm preggo.

My scan went fine. Doc said all is quiet, and I start stimming on Monday. Assuming AF comes, that is.

Pulled pork in the crock pot...smells SO good! I might have dh make me a waffle for dessert. :cake: Yum!! Time to catch up on some tv from this week. Grays anatomy!!

Chris-I definately think your follies have pelnty of time to get to optimum size!

Doodar-yeah the cetrocide does burn! does it come up in a lump for you? I have to have it for 5 days including today!x

Rosa- the nurse mentioned icing it afterwards so I might try that this wekend as im not at work! where in usa do you live? what is the time difference from uk do you know? Did you mean it was 2am when you posted? because its almost 10pm here! I was just thinking the other day how cool it is to be forum friends with ladies on the other side of the atlantic!-and yet we are all going through the same thing! xxx

MMgritten, thanks for stopping in and sharing about the follicles. That helps a lot, truly. Congratulations on your pregnancy, that's wonderful news.

AQ, you don't sound like you're having a good day at all. Pain is awful and i'm sure your mum is there with you in spirit.

Princess, yay for the :witch: turning up! So pleased DH paperwork is all done. You will be on your way soon :dance:

Chris, I may have 15 but after 11 days a lot of them are still small. I wouldn't worry too much if you're on day 4 :hugs:

ST, wow on that egg count! Especially after only a few days. Sorry that the drug is a nasty though :hugs:

Tinks, I had to come off some medication before starting my IVF. Controlled drugs that helped me function but seriously bad for any baby or pregnancy. The cold turkey was one of the worst things I have ever been through. I know how you must feel right now and it's not pleasant at all. Hope it eases off soon for you :hugs:

Doodar, thanks for the support. How are you feeling?

Rosa, come on :witch: show your face for once so you can start your meds on Monday. Pulled pork sounds yummy!

AFM, call from OFU and no egg collection Monday but come in for another scan. Just as the nurse thought. Grow little eggies!

Oh thats good news trask about monday (even though its annoying having to wait longer!) as it gives your eggies more time to grow, grow, grow!!!!xxx

ST, i"m in Virginia, just outside of washington dc. we're on eastern time. I meant that Hope's posts always say they were posted at 2 am my time, so I wondered where she was from. It's totally cool to have friends from all over the place!

Traskey, so do you think you'll know when your retrieval will be on monday? Did they give you any idea of when it will be? not long, either way! :happydance:

And yes, the pork will be delicious! It smells sooooo good, and it's driving us nuts because we're starving but it's not ready yet! :hissy:

ST yeah it does come up in a lump, I get a rash with it too and it itches. I had to take it for 8 days last time, Hoping will get away with 7 this time round because they started me on it on day 6 instead of day 5.

Trask good luck for Monday hun. Got a feeling I will be back Monday for another scan too. I reckon we might triggering around the same time :happydance:

I'm wondering if anyone else has to take the following supplements:

Ginko
dexamethasone
N-acetyl Cysteine

I just wondered why I'm going to be taking them. I trust my RE, but just curious...

Rosababy, I've never heard of those supplements. :shrug:

Does anyone know if I can grow more follicles and have them mature enough by next weekend? My 10 follies are making me depressed. :cry:

Rosa I'm on dexamethasone, it's a steroid to lower your immune system :thumbup:

Chris yep you can absolutley grow more follies by next weekend, but I wouldn't worry hun. You got plenty of time to cook up some eggs and like I say the longer they take the better, less chance of popping before they should and less chance of ohss.

ST - Glad you scan went well, you do have loads of follies :thumbup: We ar on the same drugs. I am s**ting myself about the cetrotide now :haha: The nurse never mentioned what they injections would feel like. I have 7 of them and may need another one or 2 depends how long I stim for. Is it fairly easy to mix and all that? How are you feeling?

chris - I guess we just have to trust our Dr, I am sure you still ave plenty of time to gorw some big juicey eggys :thumbup:

Doodar - The cetrotide hurts you as well, yikesssssss. So could you be having your trigger shot on Monday?? :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Rosababy - Glad your scan went well also. Your dinner last night sounds yummy :thumbup: Sorry witchy poos is a no show and you are having cramps. She must be on her way hun, fx :hugs::hugs: I haven't heard of those suplaments :shrug: As long as AF shows this weekend I should start stimming either Monday or Tuesday, no sign yet :growlmad: You are right, less caffine wont be helping either, thanks :kiss:

Taskey - I have everything crossed for your scan on Monday, I am sur you eggys are growing just lovely. Its tough coming of but it will all be worth for sure. May as well be swalling smarties only having ibrus and parcetamol for pain relief :haha: the ibrus do help my headaches somewhat though. How are you hun?

AFM - I am feeling more brighter this morning, didn't sleep to well and got up at 6am but feeling better than yesterday. No sign of the witch yet :shrug: Please show this morning, please :wacko:

FX for your AF tinks!! I'm so sorry if I have worried you about the cetrotide! I know yoh will be fine because it's just another thing that we gotta do! Its a bit fiddly to mix, but fine once you have done it once. The injection is ok, slighty more stingy than gonalf (gonalf is a breeze barely leaves a mark and doesn't hurt if done on my right side!), afterwards it stings and burns and comes up in a lump. Today it looks more like a rash like doodar mentioned. DH didnt do it as well as the nurse, because this is the first injection I have had so far that has bled and I can see a bruise coming under the rash! but honestly in the grand scheme of things its fine!! we just have to put up with this things!

Trask-fingers crossed for you on monday you will find out when your gonna trigger! I will find out tues I hope and hope if im ready then ec will be friday!x

Rosa-was your pork yummy? Im from cambridge which is in 'east anglia' so east england:)
I'm typing this at 9.50am so you can see what time that says for you!
For that first supplement did you mean gingkyo? I think its for circulation?x

Chris-they will grow! I think trask said by 2mm every day? Like doodar said you still have plenty of time. With me (as doodar also mentioned) having lots of follies due to pcos puts me at a huge risk from ohss! eek!

morning everyone else!

Good morning everyone

I totally flaked out early last night. Was so tired and with only 4 hours sleep the night before I could have fallen asleep mid sentence :haha:

Rosa, if the scan is ok Monday then we think egg collection will be Wednesday or Thursday. We need to go back Monday anyway as we'll be out of stimming drugs by then. We had to get more yesterday as they give you enough thinking we'd have stopped last night.

Not heard of those supplements, sorry.

How was your pulled pork? Had that when I was visiting my american sis and it was lovely! I also love monkey bread mmmmm.

Doodar, yay, we can egg collect at the same time. You are scanning again on Monday? Grow follies grow for you too!

Tinks, come on witchy! Any news yet. I am just on paracetomol now and it's a real drop from Fentanyl (morphine). I miss my painkillers :haha: Baby comes first though so we suck it up. I used to say the same to DH about them being as much use as a smartie and they don't taste as good.

Chris, you can grow more follies. Don't panic. Do you still have another week of stimming?

ST, those shots don't sound much fun. Glad I don't have those. Lots of egg collections this week then.

Hi to AQ, Princess, Stacey, Delly and anyone i've missed with morning brain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->