IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Hope~ hope your sniffs today got easier. I found it a bit fiddly at first, especially with my left hand. Were you told to hold your other nostril closed? Makes the sniffing easier. I was also told to tilt my head back after i'd sniffed and to aim the spray to the side of the nose.

Thanks for today's visualisation :D

AQ~ glad you got some sleep tonight but sorry you are still tired.

Princess~ love the belly bar. What bloat? I'd LOVE to have a belly that flat!

Lou~ a fab idea! Lovely necklace to bring you luck :)

Hpyns~ 2 lovely 8 celled embryos. What wonderful news :wohoo: Get lots of bed rest, if the doc has ordered it you should be good ;) Hope your bloat and pain settles down soon. I'm beginning to get rather uncomfortable too.

ST~ how are things with you?

Sending hugs to Doodar, Zowiey, Wifey, Chris. Did I miss anyone?

AFM, 2 more sleeps until our 8am scan. Grow little eggies!

Hope :happydance::happydance::happydance: for the first sniff. You will soon know if its working when you start opening windows when everyone else is turning their heating on :haha: I am sure you are doing it correctly :thumbup:

AQ - sorry you are still feeling so tired at least you are well into week 2 of DR now :thumbup:

Princess - nice belly bar :thumbup: fx its brings you your luck and I also can not see any bloating :dohh:

Looylew - hope you pendant brings you luck also, are elephants meant to be lucky with fertility?

Hypns4life - congrats on being PUPO :happydance::happydance::happydance:

ST - GL with injection No3 :thumbup:

Hi Traskey and doodar and the rest of the gang :flower:

AFM - I had a much better nights sleep last night but I very busy day today, only just got in and got a million things that need doing :growlmad: Might put as much of until tomorrow as poss hehe.

Traskey - we posted together. Just 2 more???? thats come around quick :happydance::happydance:

Tinks! How could I have missed you!

:hugs:

I blame hormone brain :haha:

I say put the stuff off until tomorrow. Sounds like you need a rest!

Tinks-yeah elephants (especially ones with raised trunks) are meant to symbolize fertility. It links to buddhism and Buddha entered his mothers womb as a white elephant! I have ordered a fertility bracelet from etsy with rose quartz, moonstone and an elephant chaqrm on it. I have also ordered a turtle charm to go on it as they are also a symbol of fertility as giant sea turtle lay up tp 50 eggs in one go!x

So I have a question for everyone!
What things are you trying to eat/trying not to eat during ivf?

I'm trying to eat lots of protein such as chicken but also from beans, lentils and quiona(for B1-deficiency in B1 has been linked to failed implanatation, and iron-adeqaute iron guards against mc), fruit and veg such as brocoli and spinach(for iron). Studies have shown that insufficient protein can result in a reduced number of eggs
Eggs, fish and seeds for B1
green leafy veg (for B6-for the proper functioning of oestrogen and progesterone).
Pineapples, grapes and oranges for vit c (aids absorption of folic acid) and helps body heal quickly after ER)

is this true-In my zita west book it says to avoid too many dairy products as milk contains artificial hormones? Im trying soya milk just in case!x

Hi ladies,

I'm on day 3 of injections (follistim and menopur) and go for my first u/s tomorrow. I'm so nervous!

ST, don't know about the dairy but i've been really wanting it so i've had loads :blush: I've also upped the protein and the veg. Changed my bread/pasta/rice to wholemal. That's about it. Should probably have done more tbh.

Chris, welcome back :) Good luck with your scan tomorrow, are they checking your egg count and size?

Yes, checking follie number and size...also b/w.

sorry I've been MIA...been super busy.

Dont worry about not mentioning me, I wont let you gorget me :haha::haha:

I have sat down now so I think quite a bit will be left for tomorrow. Remind me its my own fault when I moan tomorrow night :dohh:

ST - that explaines why a lot of girls I ahve elephant stuff, thought it was a bit a coinsidence :dohh: If I started getting things like that DH would moan, he thinks its a load of rubbish. I was told to keep topaz close by a psychic so have some near my bed :thumbup:

Chris - GL tomorrow :thumbup:

I really dont know what to eat. I asked the clinic and the nurse said to treat myself as if I am pregnant so no drinking, runny eggs. She said to just have a normal healthy diet and that it is ok to have a couple of cups of coffee a day bt dont go mad. I want to give ourselves the best chance but the more I read the more confused I get so I think I am going to try to eat planty of fruit and veg and drink plently of water and try to eat as mush protein as possible.

I have heard that the pineapple including the core is great after ET to help implantation:thumbup:

Hi Chris! :)

Trask don't worry too much my dh doesn't believe it is true about the milk! it is in a zita west book though... What does anyone else think?x

I have also read in the Zita west book about dairy but I know some clinics ask you to drink a paint of milk a day for the protein. Loads of thing contradics each other :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Tinks that sound like a good plan-to be just be healthy! it is confusing otherwise.

Is anyone avoiding sugar/chocolate etc? again I have read this in my stupid book (need to stop reading it!) it just says 'they stress the immune system' Its so hard though because as soon as I can't have chocolate or a biscuit or cake, I want one!!!x

am I going overboard with all this do ya think??x

I wish I was avoiding sugar. :dohh: I'm avoiding caffeine and I'm a 2 latte a day kinda gal.... so I guess that's something. :rofl:

I switched to decaf coffee as I need my lattes :haha:

However, I have not remotely managed the no chocolate thing. I have the Zita West book too and a lot of it's fab. I just failed on the choccy :rofl:

Oh and you can set your watch by my hot flushes. 9 pm every night and through the night!

I switched to decaf coffee as I need my lattes :haha:

However, I have not remotely managed the no chocolate thing. I have the Zita West book too and a lot of it's fab. I just failed on the choccy :rofl:

Oh and you can set your watch by my hot flushes. 9 pm every night and through the night!

Well I only started on this healthy marlarkey on monday:haha:
we will see how long it lasts!x

If I started getting things like that DH would moan, he thinks its a load of rubbish. I was told to keep topaz close by a psychic so have some near my bed :thumbup:

:rofl: my DH is like that, thats why i ''forgot'' to mention about me ordering the belly bar :haha: he only found out today when i was gettin into my comfies, he goes where the bloody hell have ya had that from :haha:

thanks for the compliments girls but i still feel a bit flabby :blush:
af is still a no show :dohh:

i know todays the day im actually due on but normally i have cramps then the next day i come on but ive been having the cramps for the last 5 days :wacko:

i think its because ive been stressing about everything tho :D

hope everyones ok :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back