IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

If my clinic would just give me two blasts I would for sure do a day 5 but the reality is day 3 vs day 5 have the same odds of achieving pregnancy, at my clinic anyway and my clinic has the highest pg rates in Canada and they do more day 3 transfers. I did ask the embryologist but he said they'd know more tomorrow I am sure he would recommend something for me if I came right out and said what would you do, which I may ask tomorrow, I don't have to give me decision till tomorrow am. I am going to ask for 2 blasts again to see what they say. At this point i am leaning towards a 3 day with 2 embryo's my reasoning is, if they transfer my top two embryo's would it be likely that they would make it to blast anyway? I mean the ones that don't make it likely wouldn't be perfect and grade 1 if there were issues that might stop them from going to blast.

It's interesting because I have my medication/procedure calendar from my RE right now and on the projected date for Embryo Transfer, it says Day 2 or 3. Has anyone heard of a 2 day transfer? I'm wondering why they put this on my paperwork. They switched me from Menopur to Lupron--could that have something to do with it? Thoughts? I'm talking to my Dr. on Tuesday morning, but it's always nice to hear the experience of others :)

I was told EC can be either day 2, 3 or 5. Hope that helps!

Hello everyone!

Just a quick one to say I'm still here! Our wireless router has broken, so I'm having to use my phone! We're getting a new one 2mrw, so will catch up properly with everyone then! Hopeeveryone is ok??
Xx

Kelly, not sure what to say, as my clinic chooses for me. :shrug: If you get the choice, I would say put both in on day 3, especially since your clinic has the best results with that day.

Hope, that info was very interesting. I thought we had to wait 14 days after the transfer to poas, but only like 5 or 6! that's very exciting! :happydance:

Isn't it interesting that day 4 isn't an option? I wonder why...

What's wrong with the number 4 :rofl:

It's going to get a complex :sad2::awww::tease:

I was wondering about day 4 to! I'm really going to push for 2 at day 5 if not I'll be pupo tomorrow!

Oooo Kelly that's so exciting!! Can't wait to hear what they say! I'm happy with my two 8 cells transferred on day 3. And I'm thinking I'll be POASing in a few days :wacko: Thought I had to wait another 8 days, so that's exciting news Hope, thanks!

Oh yeah I have to check out that link.

hpyns4life did you choose the 3 day transfer or the clinic and or was there a reason for it?

I asked for the day 3 transfer but then asked them to make the final decision for me because they were the experts. They chose day 3 transfer because I only had 4 embryos, they said if I would have had more, they might have gone to day 5. I'm not really sure what their reasoning behind that was. I wanted day 3 transfer for traveling reasons. I've researched the heck out of it and only a few Dr.s say that day 5 vs. day 3 is more successful, and then there's some that are the other way around. And all the variation between FCs makes it hard to know who to trust. So, I put my trust in my FS and what made more sense to me.

Morning girls. I don't think we should be asked to make the decision on trf, they're the experts and that's why we're paying them (or someone is paying on our behalf)! Here's my reasoning for wanting to go to blast. Let's say I end up with 5 frtilised eggs and just one is viable to go to live birth. Let's say they all develop the same up to day three and I have one put back (only allowed one for age). I then wait 8days to test and get a negative, because that wasn't the viable one so it didn't get to blast. But I don't know that, I don't know whether it got to blast, or whether actually I have a problem with my lining that causes implantationproblems.
Alternatively I wait to get to blast stage and on day 5 there's only one left so they put it back and it either sticks or doesn't. I already know its viable so the only hurdle now is implantation.
Alternatively none of the eggs are viable so I wait for day 5 and there's nothing to put back. If we say theryre as likely to reach day 5 in a lab as they are in my uterus then I just saved myself a week of waiting and hoping because i know the outcome straight off.

Does that make sense?

Has anyone else had hysterical laughter as one of their side effects during DR? Last might me and DH were, you know, and in the middle I started to giggle and then suddenly I was laughing hysterically with tears running down my face and I couldn't stop! I had no idea what was funny but the laughter was makingmelaugh and I was begging DH to help me stop. V strange!

I've realised that I have no idea when the witch is going to show because ji didn't track o this cycle. Could be anywhere from the 28th to the 1st. She has to be here by the 5th as that's when my bloods are due.

I assume that now I've stopped taking the noteristerone I'm really moving into DR territory this week and that the side effects could really kick in, could be an interesting week!

Sorry no personals. Hope everyone has a fab Monday :dance:

The tech actually did my scan as Dr. K wasn't in. According to her I had only 7 follies....1 at 16, 1 at 13 and the rest were all small BUT growing. So, I really don't know. I don't feel too encouraged though and actually just want to cry.

Will know more when Dr K gets in this afternoon and looks at everything. DR. K said on Friday that ther were "about 10". So I don't know if she missed some or if 7 is considered "about 10" :shrug:

This is still only day 7.5 of meds so maybe there's still time.

:hi: girls

im feeling really emotional today and i know ive gotta ring the clinic to ask if they received DHs letter and if they have i can book my next appointment, the problem is i know if they havent received it yet im gunna cry :cry:

how daft is that?!

so im trying to hold myself together and get the courage up to ring them :dohh:

stupid emotions :growlmad:

why does this journey have to be so emotionally draining :blush:

xx

Hi ladies, I'm really sorry to go AWOL then come back asking for advice, but I'm feeling really disappointed. I had my last follie scan today before ER on weds, and I have 6 follies ready, and possibly 2 more that will be ready by weds. Now I know 6 isn't a bad number, but I just expected more. That's only giving me possibly 6 eggs? I don't know how many I expected to have? I'm not even sure what I'm asking, just feeling really defeated. :cry:

Huge :hugs: princess, I can't wait to lead a "normal" life, infertility ruins everything! Xxx

Chris there is still time Hun, wait and see what doc says. They may up your meds. :hugs:

Princess the slightest things set us off on this rollercoaster :hugs: hope your summon up the courage to phone Hun. Could hubby not phone for you :hugs:

Kelly good luck with decision making hun. It's hard to know what to do for the best. I've had 5 blasts put back over the three cycles and as u can see none worked, so maybe I'm better going with a day 3. I think it's just pot luck either way. My consultant did say that grading means nothing though. He has seen slow developing grade 3 turn into a live birth and top grade 1 stop developing. It's a tough call to know what to do for the best.

AFM my follies are ready and I'm triggering tonight, egg collection is scheduled for wed :happydance:

Zoe I think they say a stage cycle is 7 eggs. So that's good Hun, try to remember it's quality not quantity and it only takes one :hugs:

Huge :hugs: princess, I can't wait to lead a "normal" life, infertility ruins everything! Xxx

I'm in the same boat hun. My ET is supposed to be Friday but I only have 1 that's at 16, another at 13 and the rest are small. Not holding out much hope at all. And I only have 7 to begin with. :cry:

I'm here for ya hun. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->