IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Not good news. I’m not responding the way most 33 year old’s do to the doses of medication (of which I am on the highest doses) which means that I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve (which means my supply of remaining eggs isn’t that good). So, not only does that mean I’ll never get pregnant on my own, but it makes the IVF process more difficult.

This IVF will most likely be cancelled. He wants to see me 1 more time for a scan tomorrow because my estrogen rose from 125 to 666 which makes him think I may have more eggs. Right now I only have 3 and that’s the minimum number he’ll retrieve. Since money is an issue and this is our only chance, he’s leaning towards canceling and putting me on a more aggressive protocol especially for women with diminished ovarian reserve.

So, we did find the reason for my infertility….diminished ovarian reserve. We’ll try 1 more time….if we still get the same result (3 eggs) we’ll either forge ahead and hope that the 3 eggs will be enough (ideally they like to see 15-20 and I’ll most likely never get that) or we’ll just cancel IVF together and live our lives childless. We’ll take the money we set aside for IVF and go to England next year in style!

So, I'll never have children on my own and from what I'm reading my chances at IVF are much more reduced too. :cry: :cry: I’m so so devastated. I’ve been crying all day….like hysterical crying. Not what I had ever expected. :cry:

I don't know how I'm going to get through this. :cry: :cry: I've been crying hysterically since I got back from lunch and now my co-worker's know because I was so friggin upset. :cry: :cry:

From what I'm reading your chances at IVF with a diminished ovarian reserve aren't all that great. :cry: :cry:

Chris I am so so sorry to read your post. I really hope a miracle happens and you get some good news tomorrow at your scan. Please tale care of yourself. Having a cry will help, it always helps me :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Chris-I'm so so sorry to hear your news! I hope that something can be done tommorrow, if 3 is the minimum and you have 3 of a good size can they not proceed? What would you feel about that? I can see how having 3 would be risky though. Only you can decide what to do-ivf is advancing all the time and even if you have diminished reserve you will not be childless ok.....You will have a child, you will hun! A hardcore protocol just for your situation can work for you, I'm sure there are success stories! Thinking of you...x

Tinks-Yay for first jab! :)

Trask-so are you doing trigger tonight or tommorrow? GL! your cycle has gone fast!x

Doodar and Zowie -you both tiggering tonight is that right? Ah hope I'm not wrong! goodluck and for ec too...
Zowie-6 is great and I know you know that! quality, quality, quality as you or something else said early!!!

princess-did you ring in the end? I get funny and worried about phonecalls sometimes too!x

Hypns-taking care of them embies im sure!

Kelly-I would go for 2 on day 3, defo! Yay for pupo!

Hello AQ, rosa-u ok?, and 4everyoung!

AFM-I'm fine, 3rd scan tommorrow, I can feel things all the time now, its a dull, crampy pain on both sides, like a mix between ov pain and AF pain!!! feels worse when walking! will find out when to trigger tommorrow, hopefully wednesday! x

ST - you dull crampy pains dont sound nice, really hope you can trigger wednesday. How are you feeling about EC?

He can go ahead with the 3 but because there's still a little room for medication adjustment he wants to try that first because he doesn't feel confident...especially since we only have 1 crack at this. He said, it's possible we'll still get 1 good embryo but he isn't confident going ahead with 3 knowing that we just have the 3 and he thinks he MAY be able to produce a better result with a more aggressive protocol.

He really wants triple or quadruple my 3 but I may never get that with DOR.

:hi: ladies

cant believe how quick this thread has moved since this morning,

i phoned the clinic and they said they still hadnt received the form :nope:
really gutted, they asked when it was sent and i wasnt sure just knew it was last week, so i rang the doctors and they said it was sent thursday, so hopefully in the next couple of days they'll receive it and i can book my appointment for next week hopefully [-o<

chris - hoping for a miracle for you :hugs:

kelly - :happydance: for pupo!

doodar, zowiey, trask - good luck for trigger :thumbup:

st - boo for pains but good luck for trigger :thumbup:

tinks - :happydance: for first jab!

:hi: aq, rosa, 4ever, loopy - sorry to anyone else ive forgotten :blush:

xx

Oh, Chris. :hugs: MASSIVE hugs. I'm so so sad to read your post. Don't ever give up. Miracles happen everyday. Would you consider adopting? You don't have to live childless. Oh hun. :hugs: Cry it out. I'm hurting for you.

Sounds like a lot of us are having an emotional day. :hugs: Hugs for everyone. This process is so hard. It would be a heck of a lot easier if there was some kind of guarantee at the end of it. We just have to remain positive. Do what's best for ourselves right now. Cry it out, and move on. Day by day. (is that enough cliches?! :wacko: Geez, I'm annoying mySELF right now!)

I've also had an emotional day. Back to worrying. Worrying about stimming. Will it hurt? Will my ovaries be so painful? Worry mostly about it not working. I worry about thinking too positively, and being devastated when it doesn't work. See? IF it doesn't work. I've already started.

Princess, I'm so sorry you're still waiting. Waiting is the worst. :coffee:

Zowiey, 6 isn't bad at all! And maybe 8! That'll be just fine. I know you're feeling defeated...you only need one. :thumbup: It'll be fine, girl.

doodar, yay for EC on Wednesday! So soon! Good luck!

Kelly, I'm so glad you got to do two embies!! PUPO!!! :oneofeach:

Tinks, congrats again on your first stimming jab! It's not so bad, is it? (Like I should talk, I'm so nervous to start!) :haha:

ST, sorry you're in pain. Your retrieval is coming up soon, too, right?

Afm, I start stimming tonight! I wrote a butt load in my journal, but of course I'm nervous. I finally get used to the Lupron and now we go and start new drugs. Took 12 pills this morning, with 5 more at dinner. Two shots, a nasty bruise from last nights. Feeling down. Tired. Worried it won't work. I need to be positive though! :hugs: to everyone. :kiss:

Aww Chris. I was so upset for you when I read this. So it's better to abandon this cycle and start a new one with an aggressive protocol than to continue with this one and go aggressive now? I was really hoping for better news for you.

No wonder that you have been crying all afternoon. I would have too. Don't give up all hope of having your baby just yet. A different approach may be more successful. Hardly any of us are near 12-15 eggs and we are all triggering.

Sending you lots of :hug: as I know that you need some right now.

ST, hope your scan goes well tomorrow. I am feeling super uncomfortable so I can empathise. I've been to bed this afternoon I felt so awful :sick:

Princess, I hope they get your referral tomorrow.

If Dr. K sees 2 or 3 more eggs tomorrow, he won't cancel. Likely 5 or 6 eggs is as good as it'll get. Estrogen is rising....it rose from 125 to 666 in 3 days....so anything's possible I guess. Injection again tonight and we'll see tomorrow...

Hi rosa! don't worry about stimming honestly you will be totally fine and you will cope just fine. As trask said it is uncomfortable, but the aches, and injections are bearable! :)
ask for working or not, we all have those thoughts and the only thing we can do is to shrug of those thoughts as quick as they arrive! GL!

princess-FX for form arriving soon, if it was sent thursday should arrive tommorrow! do you have to ring again?x

Chris-Will you make the decision to continue or not or will the doctor? Either way there is still a chance! xxxxx

AFM-so odd again, gonalf doesn't normally give me any jip on right side but tonight really hurt! :(
Dh thinks that like the second cetrotide I had it went into muscle and thats why it hurts more and you get the most almighty bruise! oh well its only a bruise! night all. xxx

I'll make the decision with the dr tomorrow. If there's only 3...definite cancellation though

trask - its not the referral, all it is is the form that dhs doctors sign to say hes sane enough to have children :dohh: kinda stupid considerin he's already got 3!! :growlmad:

i dont get why were delayed for such a pointless form!!

st - theyve said they will ring when it gets there but ive heard that before!! i think i might still ring them tomorrow and check :blush:
ill just ring and say has it come yet, no? oh well i just thought id let ya know it was sent on thursday :haha:

xx

Chris I hope there's a good number tomorrow. FX'd!!!
Princess: how frustrating :grr: I hope they get it soon!

AFM: small cramps throughout uterus and ovaries. Everything else is due to the progesterone injections: super sore bbs, headache, vivid dreams, major salt and water cravings, and frequent urination. It says the embies would be implanted/impanting and the placenta cells are starting to form today. I really hope that's the cramping I'm feeling. I don't know how I'm going to last another week before my HCG blood test :wacko:

Chris is he upping your meds? I am so sorry for the bad news. I hope there are a few more eggs in there for you tomorrow.

Hey ladies I'm 5dp3dt sooo... 8dpo? I've been having cramping for the last 3 days and today a bit more. I just had some light brown when I wiped. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? It really scared me :cry:

Chris is he upping your meds? I am so sorry for the bad news. I hope there are a few more eggs in there for you tomorrow.

Nope he's leaving the meds as is. I take 2 Menopur tonight but doesn't want me taking the Follistim until after we know the results of the scan tomorrow.

My left ovary is absolutely KILLING me right now though and it wasn't this morning.....but I think that's just the 3 eggs that I do have getting bigger.

I'm trying to hold out a little hope...my levels went from 125 to 666 over the weekend..so maybe. But geez, that means my level was only 125 after being on 300 follistim and 2 Menopur! Good Grief Charlie Brown! :dohh:

Hey ladies I'm 5dp3dt sooo... 8dpo? I've been having cramping for the last 3 days and today a bit more. I just had some light brown when I wiped. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? It really scared me :cry:

Implantation maybe??

Chris I'm so sorry you got bad news. I really hope you grow more follies in time for scan :hugs: its so heartbreaking! Up and down all the time.

ST good luck for scan tomorrow hun :thumbup:

Rosa good luck with stimming tonight hun :thumbup:

Princess hope you manage to get the form sorted so you can book your apt :hugs:

Tinks no hubby wont be providing a sample he had to have ssr last time so we will be using the frozen sperm from that. Hope your first jab went ok :hugs:

Kelly how you feeling pupo lady? :hugs:

Hypns could be implantation bleed hun, here's hoping :dust: when will you start testing?

AFM trigger shot it done :happydance: 4 day break from injections and then have to start again bummer!! not looking forward to that!

I'm going to do an hpt on the 30th, that's when my AF would normally show on a regular cycle. I have no idea if my normal 12 day LP is still something to go by, but the FC doesn't have me scheduled for my beta until the 3rd. I guess because of the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->