IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Hey ladies I'm 5dp3dt sooo... 8dpo? I've been having cramping for the last 3 days and today a bit more. I just had some light brown when I wiped. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? It really scared me :cry:

brown is nothing to worry about. lots of women have brown when they're preggo. it could totally be implantation, too. I wouldn't worry. I know...it's harder said than done. I think the 30th sounds like a great day to test! Coming up so soon!

Doodar, yay for a break from shots! What do you start in 4 days? Progesterone? They never stop, do they?!

ST, thanks for easing my mind. I'm glad to know it's just uncomfortable.

Doodar I am feeling miserable! Happy to be pupo but my stomach hurts so much and I am so bloated.

hapyns: I would guess implantation to? Your period may show a bit later due to the progesterone you're taking but I think the 30th is a great day to test. I am going to test at 12 or 13dpo as well since cause of thanksgiving here my beta isn't till oct 11.

Kelly! How did I miss the decision?! Congrats on ET and being PUPO!!! :happydance: Take it easy lady, these next few days you should be a queen :hugs:

Oh Chris I'm so sad to read your news, I hope that the scan today shows more eggs so that you can go ahead with this cycle. Good luck honey.

Kelly congrats on being pupo, how come you have to wait so long for your beta? Isn't it 4 weeks until thanksgiving?

Sounds like it's a busy week for all with stimming and scans and trigger shots, it's all moving so fast!

Afm still don't really feel like i have any symptoms, just more sniffing and terrible sleeping so I'm a bit tired today.

:wave:

Chris I'm sending you a huge ton of luck for today!! Come on follies grow grow grow!!! :flower:

Rosa I start clexane in 4 days to thin the blood. Start progesterone pessaries too, carry on with aspirin, steroids and oestrogen for 12 weeks! I'm just praying to god it works this time round with all these extra drugs!!

Kelly!! Oh no! poor you. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest :hugs::hugs:

Hope :hi:hypns:hi: and everyone else!!

Any ideas how I can get rid of a cough in a day! Grrrrr!!

Well good news, bad news and bad news.

Good news is that I have 5 eggs...7 follies. Dr. K is very torn and said my body is making his job very difficult. :rofl: Because we can go ahead with the retrieval. However, since I did produce more eggs, he says that depsite the Diminished Ovarian Reserve, my ovaries are hanging tough, they're fighting. He believes that with a "Flare" protocol a more aggressive treatment that I can absolutely gett more eggs. I said do you think about 9-12 and he said yes.

If money were no object he'd say let's go to retrieval...5 eggs are good and we may even have more hiding. But since it is, he says it's not that great of a cycle and we can do better. I told him that we could probably do another IVF next year. He said, "I absolutely don't want you waiting 6 months." Which led me to believe that whatever IVF's we need to have, better happen within the next 6 months or this baby thing is going to not happen or that our odds will be significantly reduced.

He was uplifted though because he was NOT expecting me to grow more eggs. :nope:

He also mentioned about not wasting this cycle and converting it to IUI which he will give us at a 50% reduction.

If we decide no on all, IVF #2 will be in November (will have to go bcp's for 2 weeks again after AF) very near Thanksgiving.

So Pete and I have some decisions to make regarding the IUI. I have to still talk to P about the retrieval but I think he'd agree with me in waiting. Unless with the new info, that we only have 6 more good months, he may feel differently. He couldn't come with me because both of his boss' are out today and he had to be at work to open up the shift.

We've talked about cashing in our 401k's which would give us 4 more attempts. So, we need to talk today.
I asked Dr. K for just a bit more info about how many eggs I have and if we could do ICSI...this is his response:

You have 1 mature and I think between 3-5 that will be mature in one more day

ICSI could increase fertilization but it is rarely 100%. Usually about 66% so if we say get 6 eggs, 5 mature, ICSI 5 (a likely scenario) the most likely outcome is 3 embryos. Of those 3 the expectation is that one may not survive or not be good quality – so you would have a pretty good chance of having 2 good embryos, of course you could do better, but you could also do worse

If we started with say 10 eggs obviously the odds of finding 2 good embryos increases, and there’s even a chance for extra frozen embryos for future use

Hope this helps

Still haven't had the chance to talk with P yet but it looks like cancelling this cycle is the best thing to do.

:cry::cry:

im sooo upset, over something really stupid

ive just rang the clinic to see if the form had got there yet and the receptionist was just horrible!!

she started ranting saying she doesnt understand why im ringing when i rang yesterday and the form wasnt there so what did i expect her to do :cry:

i did ask to speak to someone else and the lady i spoke to was really nice and sorted everything out for me, shes promised she will ring me as soon as it comes in, but that woman :growlmad: has really riled me!!

youd think shed know how stressful it is for patients working in that sort of environment!

xx

Princess. How rude, glad you managed to find a nice lady to help. You're right they should know that this is all emotional enough without them getting snippy.

Chris. Glad to hear that you're getting some answers and advice, sounds like converting to Iui might be a good idea, i assume if you abandon the cycle they don't charge you for IvF in full? I can't remember whether you have male factor issues too, but if not then IUi could be the way to go now you know there are multiple eggs there waiting. GL for whatever you decide.

Oh and what's a 401k? I often read about people cashing them in for stuff but have no idea what they are!

Afm I don't know whether it was my crappy nights sleep or the drugs are kicking in as I feel wiped out today. Had to convince DH that we should come home a little early from week as I was feeling a bit spaced out. Think an early night is in order and i bought my laptop home so if I still feel crap in the morning I can work here instead of going into the office. Feeling a bit crampy too so I think the witch is getting nearer!

Just typed a massive reply and my computer crashed :growlmad::growlmad:

Its just going to be a quick one now, sorry girls.

2nd Jabby done, stung a little bit more but hardly nothing. I dont know if its just my imagination but I can feel my ovaries already. I can feel like a tugging sensation, mainly on my left. I feel a little queasy and dizzy but nothing too bad and my tummy is bloated.

Does anyone know if we can take ibrus whilst stimming?

ST - the injection that hurt and bruised, was it cetrotide?

Hope everyone is well, again sorry for the short post :hugs::hugs:

Keep us updated on your progress Chris. I wishing for the best for you.

I'm not being treated like a queen, I have a 1 year old and hubby is working. Lucky me. I am also watching my friends 4 yr old and 3 month old today. Good news is my stomach isn't hurting as much today so I hope this is the turning point. My pg test this morning was almost neg to so the trigger is just about out of my system. I wonder if that coincides with the trigger being almost gone, as HCG aggravates the ovaries after collection. The nurse did say it could come back worse if I do get pregnant from this cycle.

It's just under two weeks till thanksgiving but by the time i have my blood test I'll be 18dpo, they normally do them a bit sooner but the holiday messed it up and on top of that I'll have to wait till the next day to get the results which sucks. I will be poas around the 7th or 8th though.

hypns: We went with the 3 day transfer of 2 embies for lots of reasons, one being that we get two embies, 2: we get more to freeze (8 in total), 3: they get back in my sooner and there were other good reasons to I just can't remember them.

Transfer was so surreal, I couldn't stop smiling.

Hi ladies!

just a short one from me to, sorry not many personals Im just sooo tired I wanna sleep for a year and really didnt want to go into work after my scan in the morning! scan went fine, follies growing nicely, there are 20. EC is not on friday as first estimated but on monday now, consultant obviously wants a few more days of stimms which is fine by me as they obviously aren't quite big enough yet. so back on friday for another scan, lol! the 4th! so trigger will be saturday I guess.

Tinks-glad jabbing going well, the cetrotide gave me first bruise but gonal f has given me one now too! weird. However from 12 or so injections, only 2 bruises isnt bad!

chris-glad you have some choices!x

princess-how flippin mean, I hate stuff like that! they should know better. x

We cancelled this cycle and are going with a Lupron Flare Protocol next time. FS seems pretty confident we'll have better results. We had at most 7 (more like 6 though) and he feels we can get 10. He left the ball in my court and I chose to cancel.

I felt uncomfortable with not cancelling but now that I've cancelled, I'm still feeling uncomfortable. :dohh:

St glad your scan was good and yay for EC on Monday!

Chris stay positive honey, I'm sure that was the right decision and you have a plan for next cycle.

Kelly I was so confused by your timings for thanksgiving... Then realised you were in Canada! Duh! Hope you manage to get a little rest.

Haha yeah we have thanksgiving in October. I already can't wait for turkey day!!! We have a nice big one this year which means lots of left overs and homemade soup! Yum. I'm making myself hungry thinking about it.

Chris I think you made the decision that's best for you. Are yOu still going to go for IUI?

Probably not, it only boosts our odds my a small amount and we've already had 7 failed IUI's.

Fair enough. I hope toy get a ton of eggies for this next protocol.

Unfortunately, a ton I won't get. 10 is the goal.

Aw chris my heart goes out to you, it really was a tough decision to make. Sending you some huge follie hugs for your next cycle :hugs:

Princess I don't anyone understands how stressful this ivf business can be unless you been through it yourself!! No need to be rude though! Horrible woman!!

Finks yay!! For second jab!

Kelly glad your feeling better Hun! Wish we had thanks giving here! Sounds fun!!

St good luck for ec Hun!

Hello to anyone I've missed. I'm on my phone. So makes it hard to keep up!

AFM egg collection tomorrow eek!! I'm all defuzzed and bag packed!! Getting nervous now but excited at the same time. I'll be a nervous wreck tomorrow though! Bloody cold is still going strong praying hard that they don't cancel on me!!

It is fun and there is so much yummy food. We really only eat Turkey like 3 times a year, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I just watched a friends 4 yr old and 3 month old along with my 1 yr old and I'm wiped. If I end up with twins I'm going to cry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->