IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Zowiey, glad you're home and feeling okay! 13 eggies!!! That's incredible! When do they call to tell you how many fertilized? Tomorrow? Rest up, girl. You did good! :hugs:

Tinks, sorry your tummy is not feeling good. how are the jabs themselves going?

AQ, glad you are here again. :hugs: I am so sorry about your dad. You are going through so much, but I'm glad to hear things with your cycle are going smoothly. Are you stimming now, or still DRing?

Hpyns, I'm exactly the same way. Happy, sad. Belly laughing, sobbing. These darn meds! I'm so sorry you're struggling. Try to keep positive. When can you take a test? This is so hard. :hugs:

Chris, yay for an IUI! I'm so glad your cycle won't be completely wasted! Our bodies do miraculous things, so you never know! Maybe this is exactly what it needed!

Loopy, you have to do your injections in your leg? ouch!! :wacko: Why not your belly? Are they intramuscular?

Hope, wow. That totally made me cry. It's beautiful. I remember seeing it when we first started ttc, but it means so much more now. We go through so much.

Doodar, hun! I'm so sorry you're in pain from ohss! Take it easy...did they say anything about eating salty food or anything? But 18 mature eggs is GREAT! :happydance: What great numbers we have today! I hope you feel better soon.

Afm, up down. happy sad. laughing sobbing. That's been me. I have to do my own jabs tonight and I'm scared. The menopur/bravelle HURT. They burn going in and then hurt for like 5 minutes afterward.

I told my mom today that I wish I could just sleep through this process. Wake me up when I'm preggo! :rofl: Seriously though...this sucks.

Hi Everyone--

I've been absent for a few days mostly because not much is going on. I'm entering week 2 of 3 with my pills, and I'll start Lupron in about a week.

I just wanted to check in and say hello. My colleague and friend had an IUI almost 2 weeks ago and is scheduled for a test on Saturday. She came to me in tears today--AF came early. She shook her head and asked me how I hold it together...she was there with me last week when I got confirmation. I just told her that I was trying to be grateful for being able to do this process--that medicine is so evolved, that my insurance will cover it, that my body is still able to produce eggs, that I have a husband who is supportive--all of those things.

But I also want to say that the support of this discussion board--this thread in particular--really helps. Seeing other people's disappointments and triumphs (and everything in between) truly help me to keep perspective and to stay hopeful. So thanks.

Here's to lots of healthy sperm, healthy eggs, dividing embries, attaching zygotes, and happy ultrasounds. xoxoxo

Day 5 stimmming...my stats:
Endo Thickness-8.55
ESTRADIOL 2277.58
LH 15.1
On my left and right side the doctor measured 10 of the follicles on the right and 10 on the left.
The follicles measured between 7 -10 mm on the left
and 6 -9 on the right.....
Does thsi look normal??

Had my first FET today, put back 2 blasts. One wasnt all that pretty looking, but survived thaw. The other looked fantastic to fingers crossed.

now we play the waiting game. at least it is a short one!

that is the last of our frozen babies...
from 22eggs to 17, to 14fertilized, to 4. it was a whirlwind first try at IVF/ FET... hoping if i have to do another full IVF this winter, i get more to freeze!

I would say its normal for the follies, at day 6 of stimming i was 10 on one side 9 on the other ranging between 9mm and 12mm, the only different is my estradiol was 1890 and they said it was a big high so they decreased my meds only to increase them back to what they were at the next apt.

Canam hopefully you won't need to do another for a long time! Good luck! When are you testing?

Took a hpt test today, stupid stupid stupid :dohh: It was of course negative but I'm only 10dpo and I wasn't expecting a positive. I wasn't even going to test until the 30th but DH talked me into it. Now he's upset, silly me for taking it.

Also found out today that my other 2 embies didn't survive the freezing process. I haven't told DH and it's killing me not to. He's so upset about the negative test that I can't bring myself to give him the bad news. So many of you have done multiple IVF cycles or can in the future, but this was our only shot. We can't afford it again :nope: We possibly could have afforded a frozen cycle, but now we don't have that option anymore :cry: 4 days left till blood test and I'm absolutely terrified.

Hpyns 10dpo is way to early to test! You're not out yet. Just hide the tests or give them to a friend who knows about your IVF and instruct them not to give them back to you for at least 2-4 more days. :hugs: Financially we're in the same boat too so fingers crossed.

amirini, don't know what's normal, sorry I can't help. How's the stimming treating you?

Hypns4life, don't worry. It still could be too early. :hugs: Hang in there. It's not over. When is your official beta?

4everyoung, :kiss: this thread in particular helps me a lot, too. Not sure what I would do without you ladies. :hugs: Here's to building families and being happy. :flower:

Afm, just did my own menopur/bravelle shot!! I've been so terrified because this one burns, but dh can't be home until later, and I had to do it. I DID IT! :yipee: :yipee: I'm so proud of myself!

Yay Rosababy! I find if you go nice and slow when injecting the meds it didn't hurt as much sting wise.

thanks, kelly! I found that the faster we went with lupron, the better. But I think you're right with the stimming drugs. The burning is worse if you go fast. It's so hard to push though, I couldn't go much faster even if I wanted to! :wacko:

The stimms didn't bug me one bit! Not even the needle. I was on suprefact injections and gonalf though so maybe the brand makes a difference.

Hyp hang in there girl it's way to early to test :dust:

Rosa you continue to be my jab hero! You go girl!

And now I can't remember another darn thing that I have just read, my head feels so full of fog this morning. I managed to get a straight 9 hours and woke up feeling like I've been hit by a bus. My head is so foggy and I just want sleep. Luckily I have a day off today, but I need to go see my GP about some weird infection I have in my eye. Going to ask him whether he'll sign me off for the 2ww too. I've told my team that I'm feeling crap because I have had trouble sleeping, but it would be easier if I could say I'm on pre op drugs that are making me feel drained. I dontmindthemknowingim having treatment just don't want to tell them why!

Will try and do more personals later, gotta go drag my butt in the shower now to try and wake myself up!

Traskey, good luck for today! Lots of eggie dust for you :dust: xxxx

Rosa, well done on injecting! I was on menopur, and I found it stung like hell! xxx

Hypns, don't loose hope yet sweetie, it's still so early huge :hugs:

Kelly congrats on being PUPO! Xx

Hope, hope you can get signed off, I finished on Tuesday and don't go back for another 3 weeks, that fact alone has taken so much stress of the situation. Oh an I hope you get your infection sorted, big :hugs: to you! Xxx

Afm, no news yet, I'm feeling sooo nervous, and am so jumpy at every noise in case it's the telephone! I hope they ring soon, I just want to know how many I have!

xxx

They called!

Of the 13 collected, 12 were injected and 10 fertilised! Phew! I'm half relieved, but now putting my worry on to waiting for tomorrows news. So transfer will either be Sat or Mon! Eeek!

xxxx

The stimms didn't bug me one bit! Not even the needle. I was on suprefact injections and gonalf though so maybe the brand makes a difference.

Do you have the pen thing? I've heard that's nice. Wish I had that! :wacko:

Hope, Jab Hero! I love it! :haha: Sorry you're feeling so out of it. I hope you get the entire 2ww off! I would love that!

Zowiey, INCREDIBLE news!! :yahoo: So awesome!! You're almost done!!

:dance: Zowiey that's wonderful news, don't forget to be visualising so that the little embie will be nice and comfy when they put it back.

My GP was running 25 minutes behind by the time I got to see him which I think helped me as he wanted me in and out ASAP! Apparently my eye thing is excema and he's prescribed some cream - haven't had proper excema worth treating since I was a kid!

Ased him about the 2ww and he wanted to know why I wanted 2 weeks off, and said if my work were happy he'd do it, so I told him I didn't want work to know why. So he said if I wanted the time he'd write me a note and he put a note on my file to remind him what he'd agreed to! He's going to sign me off following a gynae procedure and i just have to call him up when i need the note. He also wished me luck for the treatment :)

So I got what I wanted, and I can now tell my boss so I can plan for the time off, but i feel guilty! these past few weeks have been quiet at work and I think I'd be fine, but the few before that were hell and I was stressed to breaking point. And i can't tell in advance what kind of week it will be so I know its safer for me not to be there, but a bit of me feels guilty about putting me first!

Hypns, way too early to test! Plenty of time yet! :dust:

Rosa, yeah the Menopur wasn't that bad...I was expecting it to be alot worse.

Rosa- Well done on doing your own jab. I am still DR'ing intill after baseline scan 4th oct x

Chris- Hope your doing ok and glad about the chance of a bfp with IUI x

Zowiey- FAB news! you will have some good choice for transfer there! not long now x

Hope- I hope you feel better soon x

Hi to everyone else x

AFM- I am lying in bed with gastric flu :-( really feel terrible. Explains why i was sick yesterday tho. Just trying to drink lots of fluids and flush myself out xxx

Doodar, poor you with OHSS. How are you feeling today? I will be praying hard again for you hun. Really hope you can do fresh :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hope, I think you have have done the right thing getting signed off if you dont know how stressfull work wil be. You will not need any mored added stress :thumbup:

Hypns, Sorry about the BFN, really hope its just to early for you.

Traskey, Good luck for today, hope it all goes to plan x

Zowie, great figures, you must be really pleased with that :happydance::happydance:

Rosababy, well done for doing your first jabby yourself, its not as hard as you imagin is it??? I am doing ok with them but as I have said its a pen but I start cetrotide tonight and thats a syrine and have to mix liquid and powder together :thumbup: I think this one may sting a little more than gonal F :dohh:

Hi Kelly, Chris, AQ, ST, Princess and everyone else I have missed. Hope you are all well :kiss:

Hi all!
I'm off work today just couldn't face it, im feeling soo tired and in pain from my ovaries! it especially hurts when I wee, has anyone who is stimming/has stimmed had this? Its not the wee that hurts its my ovaries that hut-i literally have to grit my teeth. Its like my bladder is pressing on them or something. It is now at the point where it hurts to walk or stand for too long, or get up from bed or a sitting position! I can't wait to get these eggies out on monday!!! -trask I know hoe you felt yesterday-rubbish!

trask-GL for today, im sure you are prob home now as im writing this! looking forward to an update!

Doodar-welldone on 20! so sorry you have ohss, what is it like? Have they said how long they think it will last? I really hope you can do day 5! Im v.worried about ohss as I have 20 follies too and pcos which increases risk of ohss apparently. Im still confused as to how to prevent it, drink lots after ec or not drink lots after ec? rest up!x

Hope-lovely poem, thank-you! i especially like the last couple of lines. Glad you have got time off, I know what you mean about feeling guilty, I do and im only having one day off after ec and one after et. xx

AQ-I was also starting to worry about you! FX for your dad...x

Hypns-so sorry about no frozen embies and bfn. Like everyone said its too early and definately still time.!!

4everyoung-hang in there!

Rosa-I tried yet again today to do my own injection and still couldn't! you are a hero!x

Hi to everyone else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->