IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Fertilization report as follows: we have 11 fertilized embies all looking good so far. They are still aiming for day 5 transfer but I have a strong feeling it will be cancelled. If I'm honest and I know it sounds awful but the way I'm feeling right now it's the last thing I'm thinking about. I'm concentrating on trying to keep myself out of hospital. I'm still in a tremendous amount of pain, the worst pain I have ever known. I'm not comfortable in any position. I have the most horrendous pain in shoulder blade it hurts when I breathe. I mentioned it to clinic and they said its caused by leaking fluid from my abdomen and to go to A&E if it becomes too bad. I dont want to go to A&E but not sure how much more I can take. Painkillers just aren't touching it. The medication they have given me has the most awful side effects. I'm feeling so sorry for myself. Need to increase my fluid intake further, more than 3 litres now and to include lots of milk. Sending hubby to maccy d's for milkshake! It's the only way!!

Hi all!
I'm off work today just couldn't face it, im feeling soo tired and in pain from my ovaries! it especially hurts when I wee, has anyone who is stimming/has stimmed had this? Its not the wee that hurts its my ovaries that hut-i literally have to grit my teeth. Its like my bladder is pressing on them or something. It is now at the point where it hurts to walk or stand for too long, or get up from bed or a sitting position! I can't wait to get these eggies out on monday!!! -trask I know hoe you felt yesterday-rubbish!

trask-GL for today, im sure you are prob home now as im writing this! looking forward to an update!

Doodar-welldone on 20! so sorry you have ohss, what is it like? Have they said how long they think it will last? I really hope you can do day 5! Im v.worried about ohss as I have 20 follies too and pcos which increases risk of ohss apparently. Im still confused as to how to prevent it, drink lots after ec or not drink lots after ec? rest up!x

Hope-lovely poem, thank-you! i especially like the last couple of lines. Glad you have got time off, I know what you mean about feeling guilty, I do and im only having one day off after ec and one after et. xx

AQ-I was also starting to worry about you! FX for your dad...x

Hypns-so sorry about no frozen embies and bfn. Like everyone said its too early and definately still time.!!

4everyoung-hang in there!

Rosa-I tried yet again today to do my own injection and still couldn't! you are a hero!x

Hi to everyone else!

I'm like that now! It hurts to wee, it hurts to sit and it hurts to stand or lie down. I would mention it to your clinic now hun, they can start you on the medication early. Drink plenty, as much as you can. 3 litres if you can manage it and include milk. I really hope you dont get it. I wouldnt wish it on anyone :hugs:

Oh doodar you poor thing sounds awful! what painkillers are you taking? it might be worth going to a&E if they can give you something stronger? interesting about milk I wonder what that does as oppose to just water. Gosh I really hope the medication works quickly for you but it does sound like in the meanwhile some stronger painkillers might help. Crap im worried now as im sure my ovaries shouldnt be this painful-im worried if I tell them something bad will happen! You just sort yourself out and don't worry about the embies, what will be will be. x

Ack. Lost all my post!!

Sorry this is a quick one as I'm in a lot of pain.

16 eggies for us :wohoo: not sure how many are mature and will fertilise. We'll find out tomorrow. They had to do ICSI as DH SA was borderline.

Zo. Congrats on 10 fertilised eggies.

Doodar. Congrats on 11 fertilised eggies. The ohss sounds awful though. Please look after you and if need be go to a&e and get better painkillers.

ST. That was me the last two days. Hurt to stand sit walk especially when I needed a wee. Dh has had to do everything for the last couple of days. Get rest.

:hug: for everyone else. Will catch up tomorrow!

Doodar - It sounds just awfull :hugs::hugs::hugs: If you can not cope then go to A&E, like ST said. They may be able to perscribe something stronger???

ST - Sorry you are feeling it as well. When i go to the loo is about the only time my ovaries feel bad at the minute. I have a few twinges and pulling sensations but weeing & BM really does bring it on. Maybe you should call the clinic just to be safe. Almost there hun :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just about to do my first cetrotide eeeeek

Zowie that's a great fert report! Looking forward to tomorrow's update

Doodar also great fert report! I would tell you to go to emergency now if nothing is helping ohss can become quiet severe. Please take care of your self!

Rosa yes I had the pen it was amazing! Made things super easy.

Hpyns how are you feeling today

Hi to everyone else!

Time is still dragging for me. My hpt this morning was neg so no more trigger shot :) And all the pain in my tummy is now gone and I'm only up 1.5 pounds of bloat. So it's almost gone. I know if it comes back that icsi worked so as much as it would suck I'd be happy to.

Traskey yay for 16 eggies!!! Rest up now. It will get better I promise.

Doodar I forgot to say that electrolyte drinks are suppose to help like gatorade or powerade you know sports drinks.

Doodar :hugs: how awful :( I agree to try and get some stronger pain meds to help you out. Sending you healing thoughts.

ST: My ovaries hurt whenever I peed or had a BM, they hurt even worse after ER and they still hurt off and on. They are upset about being stretched out from having so many eggs grown in them, but it's not permanent so you can look forward to them not hurting in the future :hugs:

Sending lots of good wishes to the rest of you ladies!

AFM: Better today, still not in the best place mentally. Trying to prepare myself for any outcome. Official beta is Oct. 3rd.

Oh my Doodar you poor thing. Get yourself to a&e for some stronger drugs.

St sorry you're feeling pants, I hadn't realised it got so uncomfortable in the run up to EC. Hurry up Monday!

trasky :dance: great results girl! Looking forward to the fertilisation report :thumbup:

Hyp keep the PMA, there's still time for a positive result honey :dust:

Kelly I'm fascinated by your pee sticks, will you continue to pee until you get a positive now that you know the trigger is out of your system?

Tink, how was your shot?

Ok who else did I miss?

AQ! Hope your tummy is recovering you poor thing, you just can't seem to catch a break :hug:

rosa I'm sure you've been here today too, hope the Stimming is going ok Jab Hero :thumbup:

:wave: if I missed you

Afm so glad I didn't have to work today I've been completely wiped out, ended up having an hours nap on the sofa at about 4 and woke up feeling worse! I've just forced myself to eat dinner which has woken me up a bit. Had to cancel my hypno appt because I just don't have the energy to drive up there. I think I'll try and arrange them for the afternoon in future! I'm going to try and go into work tomorrow because it's usually quiet on Fridays and I don't have many meetings in my diary.

How's everyone enjoying this bizarre summer? I sat outside for an hour earlier and was starting to melt!

Trask that's a fab amount! Well done you! Fingers crossed for tomorrow! & Doesn't icsi have a higher fertilisation than ivf anyway? I think soon enough all ivf will probably be icsi. Hope you're not too sore :hugs:

Doodar, you poor thing, I hope you get better soon, as the other girls have said I might be inclined to see someone sooner, especially with how much pain you're in in :hugs:

ST, sorry you're feeling poop, I was quite uncomfortable, the day before ec I couldn't bend down properly without it hurting super bad!

Tinks hope you jab went ok? It's nerve wracking doing a new jab isn't it?!

Hello to Aq, princess, rosa and anyone else I have missed!

I've taken to sitting really uncomfortably next to the modem, just to get proper internet fix! I'm such a loser! :haha:

xxxx

Kelly - Sorry things are dragging. When will you next text hun?

Hypns4life - Glad you are feeling better, I still have everything crossed for you :thumbup:

Hope - Thats a good idea about your appointments, I bet you are just wiped by the evening :hugs::hugs::hugs: How are you getting on with the sniffing?

Zowie - We really appreciate the effort you are putting in just to stay on line :haha::haha: Hope you are ok hun :thumbup:

Well the cetrotide stung :growlmad: I wasn't to bad going in but as soon as it was done it came up all itchy and blotchy and I have a lump just below the injection site. Its not too bad but nothing like Gonal F. DH nearly fainted waching me do it, bless him :haha:

Wow tinks! welldone for doing it yourself! I can't do that, dh has done them all!

trask-awesome news 13 eggs is brilliant! rest up hun.x

Hope-it is lovely weather isn't it!

Zowie-bless you sitting by the modem! how ru feeling most importantly?

Doodar-I hope you are at a&e getting some pain relief!

Hypns-try to have pma I know it's hard. Thanks for the reassurance on the pain!xx

AFM-has been nice to have day off, the pain is no different but I know it won't improve until all this is over! back at school tommorrow til lunch as scan in the pm!x

Just jumping on quick to say well done to Traskey! fab news!
Good luck with tomorrows call.
Im off to stay with my dad as dh in work and i feel crappy still :-(
xxx

Hi ladies just a quickie from me as i got to go blow up lots of balloons for my madams birthday....14 and still insists on balloons on the floor with her presents... the things we do hey... lol
Doodar you should take yourself to A & E oHSS can get really bad... please take care..
Traskey well done!!! awesome number of eggs... xx
Tinks and ST sorry your both in pain... xx
Hi to everyone else sorry for no personals.....

lou

Hope and Tinx I'm done peeing on sticks now till likely the 6th of Oct or around there, I just wanted to make sure the trigger was gone so that if I do get two lines I'll know they are for real. On the 6th I would be 10dp3dt so 13dpo.

Hope, glad you got the 2ww off! That'll be nice and stress-free. don't feel guilty. You need to do what's best for you and your family.

Thanks, AQ! I'm sorry you're feeling sick. :sick: Rest up and take it easy. Almost done stimming then, right? :thumbup:

Doodar, you poor poor thing! I'm in pain just reading your post. Is there anything you can do for this pain? :hugs:

Tinks, I've jabbed with lupron before, but these stimming drugs are more involved and actually hurt. Plus, i had the lupron AND stimming last night, so it was 2 jabs for the price of one. :wacko: But you're right, it was not as bad as I thought!

ST, I'm sorry you're in so much pain, too! Monday will be here before you know it. Can you rest all weekend? Take it easy, girl. Just remember the final product. :baby:

Hpyns, try to stay positive. I know how hard it is to not think the worst. Have you poas lately, or are you not doing anymore?

Everyone sounds like they're in pain today! Making me nervous! :nope: Has anyone NOT had major major pain after their retrieval, or should I just expect to be in agony? This sucks! MAJOR hugs to everyone who is in pain today. :hugs: Remember, it's only temporary.

My pain wasn't major per se, just uncomfortable and unrelenting which meant I got frustrated of just being in a moderate amount of pain continuously. I've been in worse.

The day after ER was fine, 2nd day was worse, but only when I got out of bed or used the bathroom. 3rd day was ET and it got better every day from there. Just a few bad days, it goes by quickly.

No more tests for me, at least not for a few days. Maybe the 1st as that would be 1 day after my period would normally come.

Rosa please don't worry. I'm sure you'll be ok. Most people are fine. I think my pain is because my ovaries were having to work so hard. I blame my age :haha:

The day after ER was fine, 2nd day was worse, but only when I got out of bed or used the bathroom. 3rd day was ET and it got better every day from there. Just a few bad days, it goes by quickly.

No more tests for me, at least not for a few days. Maybe the 1st as that would be 1 day after my period would normally come.

Oh not long to wait! Sending you lots of :dust:

Tink - look at you becoming a Jab Hero too! I'm so proud of all you ladies doing your own jabs, DH is going to be doing all of mine!

Zowiey -thanks for making such an effort, it's lovely to have you here chatting. When is your Internet going to work properly? I'd be lost without mine.

ST good luck for your scan today, will that confirm at EC is definitely Monday? Hope you feel ok at school this morning, take it easy.

AQ hope you start to feel better real soon, and fx that everything is ok at your dad's scan today.

Chris -is it IuI today? Good luck to you if it is :dust:

Lou - how many balloons did you have to blow up? Hope the puff and presents go down well :)

Kelly - that makes perfect sense, and here's some :dust: for the two lines!

Rosa - hello Hero, I too am getting nervous about all the pain our girls seem to be in both before EC and after ET. I've been a very lucky lady and have never really had any pain,other than before my IBS was diagnosed and that was more continual discomfort. Not really good with pain :( oh well, as you say it's all for a very good reason so I'll just have to borrow the big girl pants and take it like a man!

Hyp keep with the Pma :dust:

Sure I've forgotten someone again so :wave:

Had a crappy night's sleep last night but feel ok this am. It's weird when I sleep well I wake up feeling all foggy. Woke up in the night boiling hot but not sure if it was a hot flush or just because of this freak weather. Finished the glass if water by my bed I was so thirsty, had to get DH to bring me another one which I drank half of. Then when I woke up this morning I found my cat with her head stuck in the glass fishing out the water with her tongue! eugh, who knows how many times she's done that without me knowing and then I've drunk the water too!

Still on witch watch today, other than some mild cramps the last couple of days and sore nipples which has now stopped no sign, I took my temp today and it's still up, makes me wish I'd tracked this cycle so I knew when to expect her! I had a 31 day cycle last month so she might not visit until Sunday on that basis.

Well get the sunblock out today girls it's gonna be another hot one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->