IVF/ICSI in Aug/Sept/Oct Updates on 1st page!

Thanks Trask. I 'm sorry for always bringing this thread down. I so want to be positive, but I don't want to let my brain get carried away. I just whish we had a little window in our uterus, that has a green light for occupied and red for unoccupied! It would be so much easier.
xxx

YOu are not bringing it down!!! we are here to support you, end of!:hugs:
I agree on the window! or even better if we could just test the day after er and get our answer straight away. no waiting.

xxx

You are not bringing the thread down honey. Not at all. I think it's quite natural to be cautious of thinking positive. Protects the heart from being hurt.

I'm liking your thinking on the windown in there. I'd love to know what's going on in there right now.

:hugs:

AQ, any word on your dad? Stimming went quickly for me too. Glad you're doing well with that!

Princess, how frustrated you must be! I hope this all gets settled for you soon. What's the next step for you?

ST, yay for blast!!!! :yipee: It's so nice to hear the docs say everything looks fantastic. Makes us feel much better, doesn't it? :thumbup: You might even have a few frosties!!

T, glad you're feeling better. YOu're so strong...you're my inspiration. :hugs:

Zowiey, sorry you're feeling down, hun. Cramping can mean anything though, not necessarily af. Hang in there. So glad your dh is there with you. :hugs:

Thanks Trask. I 'm sorry for always bringing this thread down. I so want to be positive, but I don't want to let my brain get carried away. I just whish we had a little window in our uterus, that has a green light for occupied and red for unoccupied! It would be so much easier.
xxx

This is hilarious! :rofl: Wouldn't that be nice?! With all the technology and scientific advancements, you'd think this wouldn't be a big deal now. Come ON docs! :rofl:

When I read that back, it reminded me of a Family guy episode, So i had Peters voice in my head saying "ocupado"!

:nope: I'm going crazy.....

When I read that back, it reminded me of a Family guy episode, So i had Peters voice in my head saying "ocupado"!

I would say, join the crazy train but there's no train smiley on here SOOOOOO

Join the crazy plane :plane:

I'm in already. I'm too scared to poas :haha:

Rosa- Yaaay for 10 eggs! wonderful news and i hope tomorrows call goes well. You get plenty of rest and enjoy being spoilt :) x

Tinks- Hoping for a great report from you soon too x

Zowiey- Try not to worry too much about feeling like af is coming as i had this sensation with my past 2 pregnancies x

Well my dad went for results and they arent in yet! its been a wk! no news is good news tho they say right? he has to wait till mon or tue now! Grrrr xxx

Well ladies EC went well, I just fell asleep and the next thing I knew I was in recovery. I felt a bit light headed and groggy but no sickness or anything. They managed to get 7 eggs in total. I am a little dissapointed with this and did hope for a couple more. I would have felt more secure with a few more as I feel like 7 doesn't give us much to play with. The embryologist is going to call tomorrow morning to let us know how many were mature enough to use and how many that were used have fertilised and are still developing. They will also advise further on embryo transfer. I think it will be Sunday or Monday.

I am feeling a little delicate and sore but not too bad at all.

ST - :happydance::happydance::happydance: for blasto, your little embies are doing you proud.

Rose - Well done for 10, and to think you were so worried :hugs::hugs:

Sorry for the lack of personals, brain not work that well :haha:

Tinks- That is great news and remember its quality not quantity that matters and you could have 7 grade A eggs there ;-) good luck for tomorrows report and get lots of rest and put your feet up. Glad you are not feeling too bad xxx

7 is good news Tinks, I know we all want more but from that, even if (and only if) some aren't mature you will still get a lovely embryo to have put back very soon!:hugs: and you never know some left over too!
Why do you think sunday or monday for transfer? that will be day 2 or 3 yeah? ooh does that mean you get to have 2 put back??
Rest up and well done!! See told you, you would wake up not knowing a thing! :flower: for you.x

:happydance: Tinks!!!

I have my fingers tightly crossed for you for tomorrows call :hugs:

if there is one thing I am fast learning about this ivf lark, it's that numbers really don't matter. We use them to judge ourselves against others, but really like aq said, it's quality not quanity. Take it easy and let hubby spoil you rotten!
xxxx

Z, we are here for you. This is the place to say how you feel...you're not bring it down at all. :hugs:

:rofl: That makes it even funnier!!!

Tinks, I know you're a little disappointed, but like everyone's been telling us...quality quality quality. So many women get like 25 but not good quality. It'll be fine. :thumbup: Now it's time to relax and let your dh spoil you. :winkwink:

Does anyone here, get any say in what day transfer you have?

I've been thinking, we didn't get any choice on what day transfer we had, it was decided for us. But now I'm thinking, if I had known that the risk of going to blast is no or fewer frosties, would i have chosen to go to blast? Or would I have opted to go for a day 3 or 2?

What does everyone else think? There's no strong evidence to suggest that going to blast increases the chance of pregnancy, but it is seen as the ideal?

Tinks, yay for good news! 7 is a good number of eggs and as everyone has said it's quality that's important.

I'm so pleased that you didn't need to use the frozen spermies as well. Now get lots of rest and drink loads.

:hug:

Z, the clinic decides for me too. Which is fine with me. I'm not the expert, so I'd like them to look at the embies and see what they think is best. I 'm not counting on any frosties, so I just want one or two excellent blastos.

I overheard the embryologist talking to the girl next to me (who also had her retrieval right after me) say that they have success with both days. Neither one is better or worse, it just depends on the quality of the embies.

Zowiey, not sure if this will help but I found this.

https://www.oneatatime.org.uk/330.htm

It's about 5 day transfers. It does say you may have less to freeze.

Thank you, I am pleased with 7. Just thinking of getting frosties and future cycles but I know I need to just concentrate on getting one embie back on board.

ST - Its not likely I will get 2, the embryologist said I am high risk of multiples. There may be a chance of 2 if we have only a couple low grade tomorrow. The embrologist didn't seem optimistic about going to blast and doesn't feel there is any need unless you have loads of eggs to choose from but it may still be an option. Will just wait and see what they say tomorrow :thumbup:

DH is pampering me and wont let me lift a finger :hugs:

Zowie - The embyologist didn't seem to think Blast was always the way to go. She did say they freeze day 2 or 3 embies slowly and blasts fast, so its n option. I didn't think they froze anything under 5 days so was suprised at that. I think if we can choose we will go for day 2 or 3.

Yeah I read that, and that's what got me thinking. I'm not saying I know better than the professionals at all, but maybe we should be consulted more? It's like with the one at a time thing they're are doing, shoudn't that be partly down to us (within reason) how many embies are transferred? I don't know, I just feel like Ive been jollied through this whole thing, and whilst the hospital staff have been lovely, I don't feel like Ive ever been consulted with, just told what we have to do next.

Zowiey, not sure if this will help but I found this.

https://www.oneatatime.org.uk/330.htm

It's about 5 day transfers. It does say you may have less to freeze.

This is interesting. It certainly makes me feel more confident about putting only 1 back in.

Well done Zowiey 7 is a lucky number you know...!!! Quality quality quality like the other ladies say.... so very pleased it went ok as well... xx enjoy the spoiling ... xxx

Rosababy wow 10 embies... awesome... those Docs arent always right are they!! well done and enjoy being spoilt.. xx

lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->