IVF/ICSI in July

Hi, was wondering if I could ask a question regarding the injections in the stomach. I've only done 5 shots so far and have rotated sides but I noticed that my stomach muscles seem to be hurting. Is this from the needle jabs? It is not like AF cramping or anything but feels more like I pulled something while working out. How am I going to feel after 2+ more weeks of this?!

Hope everyone is doing well. So exciting to read about everyone's journey. I really pray we get lots of BFPs on this thread.

Sorry I am posting a million times...

Dh just did my trigger shot - in the butt - with the 1.5 inch needle!!! I almost passed out. I was so worried about dh not being able to do it - and him passing out - that he was sitting and I was standing - and suddenly I felt so sick I thought I was going to faint and puke. Yet it really wasn't so bad. He was so calm and confident I think we will make it through the daily PIO (progesterone in oil) shots in the butt. Phew....

Oh Blue - just think of it as the last shot (for a couple of days!) Can't believe you had to stay up so late to do it - hope you can get some sleep now.

Hey Ladies

Sorry haven't been on for a couple of days, my PMA appears to have taken a holiday.

Leilani love it's good hear from you. Keep taking it easy. Can't believe the clinic hasn't called to check on you. :hugs:

Blue - Yeay for the trigger shot!! You are being so brave lovey. :hugs:

Deeni - Sorry I haven't had the same thing as you. My tummy does look like a pin cushion though!:hugs:

Georginaa - Welcome!!:hugs:

Love to everyone.xxx:hugs:

Leilani I am really sorry to hear what happened. Thinking of you xxx
Blue - good luck for EC on Saturday
Hope everyone else is doing ok xxxx

Blue, just popping by to wish you all the best for EC. Hope everything goes well - will be thinking about you all day (cause with the time difference, i have no idea what time you go!!!)

Will catch up with everyone over the weekend!
Have a good one xoxo

Morning Ladies :flower: Just checking in to say hi! Nothing exciting to report from me, still stabbing :haha: PMA has returned, so that's a relief!

Blue am thinking of you today, hope there was lots of lovely eggies there. :hugs:

Love to you all :hugs:

Hi everyone, how are you all doing this weekend?

Blue - thinking of you and hoping everything went well.

Georgina - welcome!

Springflower - glad PMA has returned!

Bizy - any news from the doc this week or any sign of AF yet??

Sue - hope you will get to start stims on Tues, when do you find out?

Deeni - I am injecting into my legs so I'm not sure about the tummy issues I'm afraid. My leg goes dead for a couple of minutes after each injection but other than that I don't feel or see much.

I've had 2 stim injections now and today I really started to feel twinges in my ovaries. Some really strong ones on each side too, which is reassuring in one way that things are 'waking up' and starting to work but worrying that I'm starting to feel things too early. Did anyone else get twinges and feelings this early on? I am supposed to wait until next Friday for my first scan but I'm ringing them on Monday to organise one earlier. I'm on a pretty high dose so I'm really concerned things will all happen too soon without them doing any monitoring. Otherwise, I have all the menopause / DR side effects still - hot flushes, headaches, tiredness, forgetfulness, weepiness, etc. Hoping these will subside soon????

Just jumped on quick to say Hi to Blue and hope everything goes well today :hugs::hugs:. Will be back for a proper post tomorrow.

I just got home from EC - very sore - but ok. They said that I didn't have fluid in my body so we should be able to have a fresh transfer assuming fertilization goes well, which we should find out tomorrow. I got 20 eggs! Thanks for everyones support.
:hugs:

Yeeha - Well done Blue. What a great number - no wonder you are sore! Fingers crossed got get some good ones from that lot and get to go ahead! Rest up and keep us posted!

Im a bit late but welcome Georgina!

Deeni i got some muscle pains last time - DH was giving me the injections and i was tensing up my stomach which i think caused the pain?? Im sure a quick call to your clinic will put your mind at ease!

BabyChristie, im getting some ovary sensations after my first stims injection today - sort of like a full, pulsing sensation. Again, if it puts your mind at ease, its always better to check things out with your clinic!

Blue thats fab news!! Will they give you a call today to let you know what quiality the eggies are? How was the actual EC? Did you feel anything while they did it? Sorry for all the questions!! Hope OH is being your man slave today!:hugs:

Ohhh BabyChristie - you are on the move now!! How exciting to be getting nearer. I haven't been through this before but as you say I would give your clinic a call on Monday to put your mind at rest. Let us know what they say. :hugs:

Girls - I don't think I'm suffering from any side effects from the DR, is that normal? I'm not sleeping well but when I'm stressed or worried about things thats normal for me. I'm worried DR isn't working, am I being stupid?

Hope everyone is doing well.:hugs:

Blue - Amazing news! So so pleased for you. I hope you get a call from the clinic today with really good news!

Angel - thanks for that, I'm reassured that its not just me. Things are much quieter in that area today so I guess it will just come and go at times. I'm definitely calling them tomorrow tho and won't rest until I get a scan early next week!

Springflower - when did you start to DR? I didn't have any side effects for a week or so and was convinced it wasn't working, particularly as I was sniffing and didn't know whether any was going in! But, after that I got quite a few side effects - headaches, fluey feelings, weepiness all the time and hot flushes when I go to bed. They have got much less over the past 24 hours as the stims take effect so its only temporary. But don't worry that you don't feel anything - you may feel them later, or not at all. Everyone is different.

Hope everyone else is ok.

xx

only 3 fertilized with icsi out of 20 :cry:

i know it only takes one but it is just so shocking :cry:

Oh Blue, I'm so sorry. You must both be really shocked. :hugs::hugs: What has the clinic said? I really hope that things with your embies go well over the next couple of days. It really does take just one, its true. I know it must be hard but try to keep positive. It can still happen for you honey. :hugs:

Oh Blue honey, I'm sorry. I know you're upset but you only need one good one. Keep strong.:hugs:

Blue - :hugs:. They could be three brilliant quality embies tho and three is still three real steps closer to a BFP. When is your tfr date? Don't give up yet, its still not bad news x

BabyChristie - Great that things appear to be working - at least you know you're responding! The Buserelin dose should keep things in check to a point but you're right to contact the clinic just to be sure. Hope you get an earlier scan out of it. I have another baseline scan on tuesday but they said last week that my oestrogen levels are already very low so hopefully just a formality before I start stimms on tuesday night. I can't see how my lining will have got any thinner tho without another period :shrug:

Springflower - I think every DR is different. On my last attempt (which worked), I had no side effects or symptoms whatsoever. this time I had a massive overreaction and had to stop for a bit. Don't worry, I'm sure everything's going to be ok. When is your baseline scan?

Angel - yeay for starting the stimms

Hi to everyone else and hope you all had a good weekend x

Oh Blue, I'm sorry to hear your news. But those are your fighters and you keep strong for them! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

And it sounds like we've also got some good stimulation going on here, too! Keep it up!

I start DR on Thursday and am so excited! But I'm also a bit stressed as SIL is going in to have her baby on Wednesday and don't really know how I'm going to handle being around a newborn.

Aww Blue thats so sad! Try and stay positive as you have still got 3 wee fighters needing a mamma!

Hopes, almost there! Cant believe it! I know what you mean about the SIL! Im meeitng an old friend this week who moved away - shes home to show of her new born baby boy!! Its sooo hard - harder for you as its family!

springflower, babychristie, sue, leilani and everyone i have forgotten, hope you are all keeping well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->