IVF/ICSI in July

Sammy2009 - Your clinic (and so you) obviously uses the term follicle when referring to the entre lifecycle from primordial follicle containing the immature oocytes through to mature oocyte. - whereas a lot of clinics differentiate between the two and say "eggs" when talking about reserves,time left and what comes out of the follicle etc, and say "follicle" when talking about the antral or resting follicles that develop afresh each cycle. This could also be a language difference too.

As I understand it, most of the time when ladies on here talk about follicles they are referring to antral and maturing follicles, not their egg supply.

Whilst the internet is littered with rubbish, the top fertility clinics have very good and informative websites.

Sorry if I offended you Sammy, but as you can see my post was referring to follicles and eggs as the two different things. And then as we all know, not every follicle contains an egg (though they all contain cells which may or may not mature into an egg) - just to add to the confusion!

Babychristie - so sorry to hear about your scan. :hugs:. I can totally empathise with you. I was really upset when we only had four - with only two approaching a "mature" size, and I said to DH we should cancel, as I thought it was too big a risk - especially for the $$ side of things (in hind-sight I wish we had), but having asked here and on the other forum I visit, I read lots of stories of ladies having only 2 follicles and getting their BFPs (including a fertility doctor who proceeded to EC with only one follicle). It is a really tough decision, and a risk and a gamble (I'm not being much help here). We had one good egg - and it only takes one (blah blah blah), so we were unlucky.

My FS is adding LH into the stimming part of the cycle next time (one shot every 3 days) - do you do this currently? There are still some alternatives to your medication. Do you see the FS for your scan or a nurse/technician? As it would be good to discuss with your FS what options you could try in the future. We were so much happier once we knew we stil had different meds to try.

Big :hugs:

Springflower, good luck on your scan!

Blue and Leilani, so good to hear that you are feeling better and moving forward.

Deeni and Chesca, has AF arrived yet?

To everyone on stims, fingers crossed that you all have really good growth and your next scans go well!

I started DR today, so feeling good about that. And I wasn't able to bring myself to going to the hospital last night to see the new baby, but I went about mid-day today. I feel good that I went because now I don't have the guilt anymore, and also because now I know that I am strong enough and that this past year of TTC has not made me as weak as I sometimes feel. It was hard though, and I did my share of crying, but I did it!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

BabyChristie - are you planning on doing icsi - if you weren't you might want to consider it to increase fertilization (only say that based on my current experience).

Thinking about you like crazy girl!!! :hugs:

Good for you hopesforbaby!!!

That is a tough thing for sure - but like you said it reminds you how strong you are.

Millions of :hugs:

Well, my AF came today!! I have my first scan tomorrow and will find out if I can start my stims. AHHHHHHH. So glad but so nervous.

BabyChristie, I am soooo sorry about your numbers. I hope you are getting lots of support from your DH and your Dr. Maybe the lower the number of follies means the eggs are more mature and may be more successful?? I don't really understand why sometimes there are a lot of follies and sometimes not! :hugs:

Hopes, congrats on starting DR! It feels good to actually get started :)

Springflower, good luck tomorrow at your scan. Let's hope we both get to move on. According to the nurse, my EC should be in about 12 days. I'm so nervous I won't have enough follies or that I will have too many. I guess there is nothing to do but hope for the best.

Blue, so glad to hear you are doing well. :hugs:

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Sammy2009 - Your clinic (and so you) obviously uses the term follicle when referring to the entre lifecycle from primordial follicle containing the immature oocytes through to mature oocyte. - whereas a lot of clinics differentiate between the two and say "eggs" when talking about reserves,time left and what comes out of the follicle etc, and say "follicle" when talking about the antral or resting follicles that develop afresh each cycle. This could also be a language difference too.

As I understand it, most of the time when ladies on here talk about follicles they are referring to antral and maturing follicles, not their egg supply.

Whilst the internet is littered with rubbish, the top fertility clinics have very good and informative websites.

Sorry if I offended you Sammy, but as you can see my post was referring to follicles and eggs as the two different things. And then as we all know, not every follicle contains an egg (though they all contain cells which may or may not mature into an egg) - just to add to the confusion!

I'm pretty sure if I wanted the full science on it then they could sit there all day explaining various situations and scenarios about oocytes! But to be honest I don't want them to bore me with such indepth information... For me, its simple, just tell me how many follies there are, how big they are and finally how many eggs are collected and really thats all the information that I need to know right now unless I am thinking of taking a career in Fertility (which im not) then anything else is an overload of uneccesary information as I'm sure other ladies on here would agree with! I only need to know the simple terms... Which is what they have gave me... If I wanted in-depth info then I'm quite sure they would provide if for me!!! Anyway... Moving on!

I think some of us in this process like to understand every bit and others do not. I know I like to understand every little bit, and my friend who is going to start ivf in a couple weeks - doesn't know a single thing (and I mean it - not a single thing - and doesn't want to lol). It is funny because she will call me to ask me a question about something - and it is hard to explain to her because I know it at the science level lol.

Yeah Deeni on AF arriving - hope you get to more good news when you go for your scan and good luck Springflower

Hopes - good on you girl, you did the right thing for you and the in laws cause its their time right now and it will be yours soon!

Baby, Blue, Leilani - hope you have a relaxing weekend and try to focus on nice positive things!

Sammy, Sue, Starbright hope you are all still plodding along as i am - And everyone else i have forgotten!

Chesca- thanks for hanging in there with us all!

Yeah Deeni on AF arriving - hope you get to more good news when you go for your scan and good luck Springflower

Hopes - good on you girl, you did the right thing for you and the in laws cause its their time right now and it will be yours soon!

Baby, Blue, Leilani - hope you have a relaxing weekend and try to focus on nice positive things!

Sammy, Sue, Starbright hope you are all still plodding along as i am - And everyone else i have forgotten!

Hey Hun... I am plodding... Off to follie scan! Dreading it. It's in 20 mins. Last time I got 2 so I hope this result is better. X

What stage are you at now? Forgot to say hope all is going well. Good luck!

Good luck with the scan Sammy! I have one on Monday so hopefully then i can get my date for EC - next week sometime all being well!

Well i have just been for the follie scan and i knew immediately when i saw the screen that things had improved!

I have 2 follies on the left ovary measuring

1 x 15mm
1 x 17.5mm

and 10 follies on the right ovary measuring

1 x 18mm
3 x 16mm
1 x 15mm
5 x Less than 10mm

The FS was really pleased with this (?) and I was informed that the last IVF (the one with the BFP - that i got 8 follies and two really tiny ones and not 9 like i thought)

She is stimming me for 2 more days but said that the follies were big enough now but just wants to grow them a little more and give the smaller ones chance to catch up (the ones under 10mm) so I dont know how many i will have for EC but I do know it will be at least 7. I am ok with that... i didnt expect any better.

So EC will be Tuesday 14th July - not looking forward to that one but she said it was good that most the follies were on my right ovary as its more painful taking eggs from your left ovary (why? I don't know!) :haha:

I spoke to her about the Progesterone giving me Cystitis and she said it can give you an infection so she prescribed me Pregnyl injections and these are only taken once every 3 days. She said they burn but once taken then you dont have to worry about it for 3 days. To be honest you could inject it with a red hot poker and I would prefer it over those disgusting dirty stodgy Progesterone suppositories which i find hard and messy to take at work 3 times a day :dohh:

Overall she had a big smile on her face and said it was a good report... she is the expert so I will tend to believe her on this one. In a way im pleased i didnt have many more, I was hoping for 10 good ones (which I could have by Tuesday) because you are kept awake here for EC and it frickin HURTS!

Thats great Sammy - looks like most are a nice size already! You into time travel - lol - not sure you can make it back to July 14th?? There is no way i would go through EC awake! Really dont like the drugs and how they make me feel but im grateful for them!!

Thats great Sammy - looks lke they most are a nice size already! You into time travel - lol - not sure you can make it back to July 14th?? There is no way i would go through EC awake! Really dont like the drugs and how they make me feel but im grateful for them!!

Angel i think i am going back in time to try and get to this time last year when i got a IVF BFP! :haha:

Where did i get July 14th from? ha ha... i mean next Tuesday anyway.

Really, EC hurts like hell. Last time i could feel every stab they did and they told me to take a deep breath every time so i knew it was coming! It made it worse knowing that. I was in tears and i dont cry easily with pain. I am absolutley dreading it beyond belief. Then the catheter needle broke. They stabbed me 3 times and then said "oh we dont seem to be able to draw the egg i fink the needle is faulty" and then then had to take it out and replace it and stab me again. I wanted to die i was in some much pain. OMG im getting nervous now even thinking about it and think i might have a small heart attack any minute :wacko:

Hi all
Just a little update. Had 2nd scan today and the nurse said that there is 1 follicle that is big and another 1 that is a good size. Then I have 5 that 'have got some catching up to do'. So I've got to go back on Monday for another scan. EC is pencilled in for Wednesday -depending on the results of the scan.
Gotta say I'm one who doesn't know all the info. I think if I knew too much I would start to worry if I didn't seem to be doing as well as other people!! The nurse said that my follicles are doin well for me (as I have had one ovary completely removed and the remaining ovary has been operated on, so it's not all there). Really hoping that Monday's scan shows an improvement.
Hope the rest of you are doing well. Thinking of you all xxx

Hey Starbright sounds like you are doing well! Its so hard not to compare with others when you hearing amazing numbers but you have a good attitude - a personal best is plenty good enough!!

Hi all
Just a little update. Had 2nd scan today and the nurse said that there is 1 follicle that is big and another 1 that is a good size. Then I have 5 that 'have got some catching up to do'. So I've got to go back on Monday for another scan. EC is pencilled in for Wednesday -depending on the results of the scan.
Gotta say I'm one who doesn't know all the info. I think if I knew too much I would start to worry if I didn't seem to be doing as well as other people!! The nurse said that my follicles are doin well for me (as I have had one ovary completely removed and the remaining ovary has been operated on, so it's not all there). Really hoping that Monday's scan shows an improvement.
Hope the rest of you are doing well. Thinking of you all xxx

Great news hun... looking goooood! :hugs:

Hey Ladies:flower:

Just nipping on quickly, to say my scan went well and I'm officially stimming now :happydance: Have just done my 1st injection of the Gonal F. They said EC will be in 2 weeks. Feels like ages away to me! Is that what most people have 2 weeks of stimms and then EC?

So my next scan is on Wens, and after that I have a scan every other day.

Hope everyone is doing ok, :hugs:

Hey Ladies:flower:

Just nipping on quickly, to say my scan went well and I'm officially stimming now :happydance: Have just done my 1st injection of the Gonal F. They said EC will be in 2 weeks. Feels like ages away to me! Is that what most people have 2 weeks of stimms and then EC?

So my next scan is on Wens, and after that I have a scan every other day.

Hope everyone is doing ok, :hugs:

Great news Hun... Two weeks will fly by believe me! Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"