IVF/ICSI in July

I was told that I will have light sedation for the EC. And that I will fall asleep for about an hour. After the EC but during the rest of the time I am out, they will monitor for fluid leaking and internal bleeding. I really really hope that I go to sleep as I don't want your experience at all Sammy.

I have started to get headaches too and have been taking Advil. I wonder if that is safe? I didn't even think to ask and I guess I better make sure. It is the only thing that ever works for me though.

Springflower, I hate milk but what if I make it chocolate milk??? That's the same thing right? Are you eating or drinking anything else in particular?

Leilani - My clinic does general anaesthetic for EC - dont know enough about it to know if different drugs are used but i was out for the count for the whole procedure! It made me violently ill and took ages to come round cause they also stuck in a codine drip for pain relief which doesnt agree with me!

Is Ovidrel your trigger? There was a big question mark over whether or not it worked for me last time - must remind them and ask if there is a double dose available for me!

Springflower - Paracetamol is ok for the whole time as i really suffered headaches and even ok after ET for pain, although again the also allow codeine(?)

Baby - glad things are improving for you! Hope all the follies catch up and are nice and fat for EC!

Sammy - you seriously have my respect - there is NO way i could have EC without knock out pain relief!!

Deeni - advil is NOT safe hun. YOu are not allowed it during pregnancy either. I hate tylenol too - but it is the only safe thing. They even gave me some after EC and said to continue with it.

My EC was terrible - I had an iv (with mild sedation, and mild pain killers) but I felt everything. It is the most painful thing I have been through. Even worse was when I went to get the fluid drained they did the exact same procedure without absolutely anything. I am still sore down there - yikes lol.

:hugs: Everyone is getting so close to that exciting point!!!

Deeni - advil is NOT safe hun. YOu are not allowed it during pregnancy either. I hate tylenol too - but it is the only safe thing. They even gave me some after EC and said to continue with it.

My EC was terrible - I had an iv (with mild sedation, and mild pain killers) but I felt everything. It is the most painful thing I have been through. Even worse was when I went to get the fluid drained they did the exact same procedure without absolutely anything. I am still sore down there - yikes lol.

:hugs: Everyone is getting so close to that exciting point!!!

Blue, I had no idea! No more advil for me! I just reread my info from the clinic and it does say the only safe thing to take for headaches is tylenol!! :shock:

Also, your EC sounds awful. I was told mild IV sedation but that I will be asleep. Were asleep but could still feel everything? Were you able to tell the Dr. how much it hurt? I'm nervous.

OMG leilani don't even get me started on this one! I think it's awful that they keep me awake here... I could cry just thinking about it. Last time they gave me this pessary I had to put up my.... Hmm can't remember which orifice! Lol then 2 tablets to swallow and wait 15 mins. Then I went through and they said they were going to give me 4 injections... You know... Up there!! I nearly died of shock but couldn't feel much. They did the EC and told me to breath in then stabbed my ovaries. I tried not to be a big baby but tears were falling down my face in pain. I won't lie it bloody hurt like hell not helped by the needle breaking and the whole procedure was put on hold while they changed it. I am dreading the next one beyond belief!!! :(

I truely hope you next one is better, it couldn't be worse. Did you ask about it afterwards? Make sure when you go next week to tell them how scared you are, and see if they have anything stronger - eek!

And Sue's pethadine sounds fantastic!

Thanks... I have a feeling it wont be though :( they seem very barbaric here and don't do gas and air here either when u give birth! O will tell them but I doubt they will do anything about it. I'm so scared... More so cos I KNOW what to expect!

Morning Ladies

Thank you all for you advice re painkillers.

Not much to report from my end. I did my second gonal f injection last night, I have a bruise where I did it. Am really struggling with this pen thing. I'm sure it'll get easier as I do more but at the moment, I'm not a fan. I also feel like someone has inflated a balloon round where my ovaries are. Is this normal? It doesnt hurt but I'm definalety feeling uncomfortable.

The EC stories are scary. I've been trying not to think about that stage yet, but I'm so scared. Sammy I can't imagine how you can do it with no sedation, I think with is bad enough!!!

We're all getting so close now. I can't work out my feelings I'm excited, but apprehensive I think!

Deeni - Choccy milk, I'm sure is fine. It's still milk isn't it! I think the same for strawberry milk which I have! :haha:

Hope everyone's going ok, keep going everyone, we're all doing so well. :hugs:

I've been told its general anaesthetic for my clinic which is excellent. I had just a sedation with my first one in South Africa and i woke up screaming halfway through. I still remember exactly how it felt now *shudder*. I have every sympathy with you girls who aren't asleep during EC.:hugs::hugs:

I had a call back from the doc yesterday. I'm triggering tonight and going in for EC at 10am on Tuesday!!!!!! I'm still on my full dose of Menopur - last dose tonight - to help the follies grow as big as they can. Doc said she hopes the slow 2 might grow but we might just be looking at 3 so we are just hoping and hoping and hoping that we get a couple of good eggies that can make a strong embie. I'm terrified that we won't get to do ET and feeling pretty kak will all the drugs BUT we're still in and fighting at the moment.

Springflower - sorry for scaring you with EC stories, I was interested to hear what others went through. It seems this is the biggest variable from clinic to clinic in the IVF process. During my EC, I just kept telling myself that this is nothing compared to childbirth - and for the most part the pain was short and sharp, but my ovary did feel bruised for about a week afterwards.

BabyChristie - it's all so exciting and nerve racking isn't it?

I have everything crossed for you ladies - it's about time we had some good news in here! :hugs:

Baby - good luck with the trigger! Everything crossed for you!

Springflower - i think its quite normal for feel a bit full and uncomfortable around your ovaries.

Nothing much to report from me - scan early tomorrow morning before work so hopefully i can get my EC date sorted.

Anyone else on the short protocol - how many days stims did you do??

Springflower - Don't worry about EC you will probably be sedated and not feel a thing! My EC was particularly awful compared to many people on here that have found it painfree.

Leilani - I'm going to be honest - I personally think I would prefer to go through childbirth! lol

Angel - I have been on the short protocol twice now and the first time I stimmed for 9 days and then on the 10th day i only took one injection and went in for the scan and then triggered but this time I have had an extra 2 days stimms cos they wanted to try and grow a few of the smaller follies so 11 days in total.

Babychristie - We are both in for EC Tuesday morning then... me at 8.30am for the 2 tablets, preparation and 4 injections which are supposedly to numb the pain! They don't though much :(

Sorry Springflower didn't mean to scare you. At the end of the day, it will be worth it and it only lasts a few seconds / minutes. You'll be fine, honestly. xx :hugs:

I have that funny feeling in my ovaries - its so strange to be able to feel something that you are not normally aware of but its all normal. Mine are kind of pinching every so often now and by the end of the day I feel so bloated I just want to burst my stomach / ovaries with a pin!!! But feeling stuff is good and reassuring - it shows that something is happening so I don't mind.

I did 11 days of stims.

As bad as EC was - I would do it again for a chance at a little one!

:hugs:

Next week is a big week for so many of you!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you 100% Blue - im the biggest wimp there is and even i would go through it a million times if it guaranteed a baby!

Hiya ladies!

BabyChristie - Where abouts in Nottingham do you live and which clinic are you at? I am in Mansfield and am at CARE in Nottingham.

I can't believe how differently each clinic differes with their IVF cycles. For my EC I was under sedation and I don't remember a thing! The jury is still out on whether or not i'd be able to go through EC again after what happened. Maybe in time I might feel differently but thankfully I don't have to make that decision at the moment!!

xxxx

Good luck BabyChristie & Sammy with your trigger injections!

Blue - are you feeling physically better now. Has the blood clot gone?

Springflower - I hate the pen injections too. It always seems much harder to get in and never seems like its dispensing properly. At least with the Buserelin, you can actually see the plunger go down. Don't worry too much about EC.

Angel - good luck for your scan tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend x

Good luck BabyChristie & Sammy with your trigger injections!

Blue - are you feeling physically better now. Has the blood clot gone?

Springflower - I hate the pen injections too. It always seems much harder to get in and never seems like its dispensing properly. At least with the Buserelin, you can actually see the plunger go down. Don't worry too much about EC.

Angel - good luck for your scan tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend x

Thanks hun :hugs:

iTS OFFICIAL - im med free!!!! :happydance:

I have just taken the trigger shot and all the injections are over thank god. Just got to wait for Tuesday morning now and EC.

The Puregon pen does take some getting used to and up until yesterday i was still learning stuff about it but i know how it works now and its really simple... we did have a lot of problems working it out at first though.

Babychristie - Have you taken your trigger yet?

I found the best thing with the pen was to hold it as if you were stabbing yourself with a knife - so a really firm grip around the shaft (sounds a bit rude) and use your thumb on the clicker. I also found it worked better with my left hand - maybe because of the direction it clicked round!

Wow!! I've been out of town the past few days and just read a bunch of pages to catch up with everyone!

Sammy, Angel, Baby C, good luck with your upcoming retrievals!! You are all going to be stars and have great egg quality!!

And I have so much respect for you ladies that have had to feel the pain of ER. My clinic puts me out, and I don't remember a thing (even the inappropriate things I was apparently telling the nurse after ER #1!!). But awake or not, we all are rockstars for doing what we're doing!!

Deeni and Springflower, hope stimming is going well for you and that follies are growing!

DR'ing is going well for me. There won't be much excitement until AF comes......

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Girls, hope you are enjoying your med free day!

I have had my scan and am none the wiser. except i now know i do my trigger tonight and EC is Wed morning!

Converstaion went like this
Me: Moring Dr, looks like it going to be a nice day
Dr:mmmmmm
Me: Did you have a nice weekend?
Dr: Fine
Nurse: Ok lets get ready for the scan
Did the whole scan in silence exepect for a few tuts from the Dr
Back at his desk
Me: So how are things looking today? Any improvement
Dr: EC for Wed
Me: What size are the follicles now?
Dr: Lead one is 20mm
Me: And the others?
Dr: Smaller

I mean seriously, how would you take that? Somebody clearly got out of bed on the wrong side today!!

Hope everyone else is doing well with their injections!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->