IVF/ICSI in July

Yay, I start stimming tonight too!! I will do my first injection of Menopur before bed!! Then I go in for another scan on Monday. I think time is going to start flying by now. At my scan today, the nurse said my left ovary is larger than my right. The left has 10 potential follicles and the right has 7. Is that good? Does that mean that the maximum I will get is 17 follies this cycle? I am a little confused about that but 17 would be good (I think..haha).

Springflower, It is crazy that we are on the same exact schedule . The nurse said EC will be in about 12 days for me so two weeks sounds right. I guess it depends on how fast our follies grow? Yikes. I am going to start upping my water Gatorade and protein so I can try to ward off any bloating and OHSS symptoms. That is one of my major concerns ever since my estrogen went through the roof in my clomid cycle.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all of your kind messages. They really help so much to help me carry on. :hugs: :hugs:

I spoke to the doctor today and I think we have decided to carry on. Scan will be first thing tomorrow and i have two options, depending on the results. 1) Trigger and go to EC on Mon if the 2 larger follies have grown quite big or 2) stim for another couple of days, scan on Mon and then go to EC on Weds if the larger ones aren't too big to try to help the 2 little ones to catch up. Doc thinks we should be looking at 3 minimum and 5 maximum, if we can help them to catch up. The clinic have been really good at helping me and ringing to update me so I'm very lucky in that respect. We're just trying not to get our expectations up too much as there's nothing we can do and just have to wait until tomorrow. :shrug: I'll post more then when we know what's happening.

Starbright - good news about your scan and I like the idea of it being a personal best for you. I've learnt from that and think its a really healthy way of looking at things. I hope the other little ones catch up. Grow follies grow!

Sammy - looks like this cycle is much better for you than the last one with just two follies so that's excellent! Really hope things keep going so well for you.

Springflower - so glad you are stimming! I hope the drugs work really well for you. 2 weeks is average according to my clinic - it can be a little bit less or a little more depending on how well you respond. It's like a lottery trying to predict when things will happen - we are really close to EC but still can't work out what day it will be!

I'll catch up properly with everyone shortly. In the meantime, good luck everyone. xx

Deeni & Springflower- great news girls! I think i had 12 days stims last time so 2 weeks sounds about right!

Baby, im glad you are feeling more positive today. A good nights sleep and some soul searching can work wonders! GROW FOLLIES GROW!

Deeni - missed your post as I think we were posting at the same time so wanted to wish you all the best! Congrats on stimming! Hope all goes really well for you. If you have 17 follies at the start yes that is the maximum you can get (unless there are some they didn't see) Not all follies might grow but you have an excellent number to start with so good luck with everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Angel, I hope so!

BabyChristie - I'm so sorry about your news, but I'm pleased you're staying so positive and I think you're making the right decision to carry on. It sounds like a sensible plan for the enxt few days - Keeping everything crossed that you have a better scan tomorrow :hugs::hugs:

Deeni & Springflower - congratulations on making it through to the next stage. I don't think I'm much ahead of you. We're aiming for EC on 2nd August depending on how next week's scans go

Sammi & Starbright - yeay for the good scans

Hope everyone else is doing good x

Sorry I've been MIA! I have good news though. They changed my protocol slightly, so it doesn't conflict with the first few days of school (beginning of Sept.) I am thrilled! AF finally arrived a few days ago and I started taking the bcp. I already begin the Lupron on Wednesday! Then I have a scan the next week and if all looks good, I can start my stims soon after. The only issue is that I will be in Cape Cod that week so I had to find a hospital that could do my scan and send the results to my FS. I'm waiting to hear back about a possible baseline scan date of Aug. 2nd. Yay!

Hope everyone is doing well. :hugs:

Bizy thats great news! Nice to have you back with us again. Not sure my clinic would accept another hospitals tests, but lucky you that yours will - makes travel plans much easier! Hope everything goes according to plan

Bizy thats great news! Nice to have you back with us again. Not sure my clinic would accept another hospitals tests, but lucky you that yours will - makes travel plans much easier! Hope everything goes according to plan

They typically allow out-of-town monitoring, so I figured they would have no problem with that. I live an hour from the FS and have my ultrasounds and bloodwork drawn here. As long as I go to a clinic that sends the results the same day, they are fine with it. They are specific about who they'll accept scans from, so I got really lucky. Otherwise, I'd have to wait to DR until after my trip and I really don't want to do that. I've been waiting so long already!

Hey Ladies :flower:

Deeni - Are you drinking lots of milk, I've heard that really helps. But I'm not sure how much I should be drinking....:hugs:

Sue - Just a few days ahead of me that's exciting!:hugs:

Bizy - Yeay Af has arrived!!:hugs:

BabyC - Good luck for your scan this morning, I'm thinking of you. Grow follies grow!!!:hugs:

Sammy, Starbright and Angel - Sounds like you guys are all at similar stages now. Looks like next week will be a lively one! :hugs:

With the DR, I've been having quite bad headaches so have been taking Anadin, the nurse I saw previously told me that was fine to take whilst DR but I couldn't take it when stimming. I'm trying to ward of headaches by drinking lots of water but is there a pain killer that I'm allowed to take? Anyone know?

Love to you all:hugs:

Hi everyone. The scan went slightly better today. We definitely have 3 follies (1.8, 1.7 and 1.5) and the two slower ones have grown a little to 1.0. The good news is that the big ones are growing slowly it seems which may give the little ones time to catch up. Waiting to hear from the doc to confirm next steps but I guess that she will say to keep going with drugs to try to give the little ones a bit more time. EC then would probably be Weds. We're keeping our fingers crossed and have accepted that we will be lucky to get a couple of eggs and an embryo will be a miracle so we're just hoping for that miracle.

Thanks again everyone - it's so great to have support. :hugs:

Hey Ladies :flower:

Deeni - Are you drinking lots of milk, I've heard that really helps. But I'm not sure how much I should be drinking....:hugs:

Sue - Just a few days ahead of me that's exciting!:hugs:

Bizy - Yeay Af has arrived!!:hugs:

BabyC - Good luck for your scan this morning, I'm thinking of you. Grow follies grow!!!:hugs:

Sammy, Starbright and Angel - Sounds like you guys are all at similar stages now. Looks like next week will be a lively one! :hugs:

With the DR, I've been having quite bad headaches so have been taking Anadin, the nurse I saw previously told me that was fine to take whilst DR but I couldn't take it when stimming. I'm trying to ward of headaches by drinking lots of water but is there a pain killer that I'm allowed to take? Anyone know?

Love to you all:hugs:

I had bad headaches too during DR and just took paracetemol. They got a bit better when I first starting stimming but now they are back again so I'm on paracetemol. I haven't actually checked with the clinic but as they are fine to take even during pregnancy as far as I know, I think they'll be fine?? Best to check I guess. Hope you feel better soon - in my experience DR was the worst time so when you get to stimming hopefully it will be much better. xxxx

Spring - I was allowed paracetemol - which I absolutely hate and don't really believe in them, iykwim, but needs must. I had to take 3 of them an hour prior to EC, but really don't think they made a blind bit of difference!

Ladies, what do your clinics do drug &/or pain-relief wise for egg collection? Sammy do you get any drugs? Your EC last year sounded like mine, I was given a narcotic sedative, but I was aware of and felt everything! I was allowed more paracetemol afterwards too!

You sound much more cheerful today Christie. My 3 viable follies (for want of a better term) were the same size as yours on my Saturday scan and EC was Tuesday - so Weds for you sounds like a good day. Next time I'm going to be getting a double ovidrel shot - just to make sure the eggs realise they really, really need to mature before EC, maybe you could ask your doc about this?

Thanks for the tip Leilani. I've got two vials of Pregnyl already but will double check with the doc today - I have a very long list of questions!!! xx

Spring - I was allowed paracetemol - which I absolutely hate and don't really believe in them, iykwim, but needs must. I had to take 3 of them an hour prior to EC, but really don't think they made a blind bit of difference!

Ladies, what do your clinics do drug &/or pain-relief wise for egg collection? Sammy do you get any drugs? Your EC last year sounded like mine, I was given a narcotic sedative, but I was aware of and felt everything! I was allowed more paracetemol afterwards too!

I was given pethadine and it worked brilliantly for me. When they first started I did feel uncomfortable but then they upped my dose and I went straight off into lala land. When I wasn't asleep, apparently I was hallucinating that I was a famous chef and kept asking the nurses to bring me things and add more salt!!! Must be because they were all in whites. Weird but funny.

OMG leilani don't even get me started on this one! I think it's awful that they keep me awake here... I could cry just thinking about it. Last time they gave me this pessary I had to put up my.... Hmm can't remember which orifice! Lol then 2 tablets to swallow and wait 15 mins. Then I went through and they said they were going to give me 4 injections... You know... Up there!! I nearly died of shock but couldn't feel much. They did the EC and told me to breath in then stabbed my ovaries. I tried not to be a big baby but tears were falling down my face in pain. I won't lie it bloody hurt like hell not helped by the needle breaking and the whole procedure was put on hold while they changed it. I am dreading the next one beyond belief!!! :(

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone - I have posted messages to you but for some reason they keep failing (if I send by phone) and I cannot post pm messages either even by PC... is anyone else having this problem?

Caline did you get my pm with my hotmail address?

Springflower - hope all is going well

Babychristie - grow follies GROW!!!!

I was given pethadine and it worked brilliantly for me. When they first started I did feel uncomfortable but then they upped my dose and I went straight off into lala land. When I wasn't asleep, apparently I was hallucinating that I was a famous chef and kept asking the nurses to bring me things and add more salt!!! Must be because they were all in whites. Weird but funny.

Crikey what I would give to have some of that for my EC... not fair! Funny story though :)

OMG leilani don't even get me started on this one! I think it's awful that they keep me awake here... I could cry just thinking about it. Last time they gave me this pessary I had to put up my.... Hmm can't remember which orifice! Lol then 2 tablets to swallow and wait 15 mins. Then I went through and they said they were going to give me 4 injections... You know... Up there!! I nearly died of shock but couldn't feel much. They did the EC and told me to breath in then stabbed my ovaries. I tried not to be a big baby but tears were falling down my face in pain. I won't lie it bloody hurt like hell not helped by the needle breaking and the whole procedure was put on hold while they changed it. I am dreading the next one beyond belief!!! :(

I truely hope you next one is better, it couldn't be worse. Did you ask about it afterwards? Make sure when you go next week to tell them how scared you are, and see if they have anything stronger - eek!

And Sue's pethadine sounds fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->