IVF/ICSI in July

Well I'm like Sammy - med-free today and just waiting around killing time before EC tomorrow morning. Trigger was pretty easy but stung like hell! In fact it's still sore this morning 12 hours later! All in a good cause though and will hopefully help the eggies to mature and grow nice and strong. DH 'triggered' yesterday morning to make sure we have good :spermy: I think he enjoyed his more than I did mine though! :haha:

I have quite a few twinges going on but I'm trying not to worry that the trigger might be causing me to ovulate early - the clinic knows what they are doing and wouldn't wait 36 hours if there was a risk the eggs would release early would they?

Sammy - take it easy today and REALLY hope tomorrow goes well for you hun. :hugs:

Angel - the way your wrote your post made me giggle :haha: But what a nightmare! These doctors really don't help make the process any easier do they? Good luck with the trigger!!

Chesca - I live in Farnsfield so not far from you at all and we are at Nurture at the QMC. Small world, huh?! How are you finding Care?

Hopes - Glad DR is going well and hope AF comes soon so you can move to the next phase.

Sue - how are things going? When is your next scan?

Hope everyone else is doing well. It's definitely hotting up in here and I just hope we have some really good news this week from us all. xxxxxx

Chesca - just read your diary and see that answers your question on how Care is doing. So sorry to hear you had to go through that but will keep everything crossed for your FET. xxxx

Oh Angel that would piss me right off. I always imagine that once upon a time these doctors were nice and caring people, and that they just lost it along the way. Will be hoping all good news for you on wed.

BabyChristie I was terrified too that the eggs would release early - just a natural fear in this crazy process - which you are right of course the docs know what they are doing and everyone I know triggers 36 hours before EC.

Everyone else... big :hugs:

Hey all
looks like it's a busy week in here :) Good luck to everyone
I've got egg collection booked for wednesday morning. Doing trigger shot tonight. I have 6 big follicles now and 2 smaller ones. Not bad really for one ovary! I'll be asleep for e.c - phew! So one more nasal spray tonight and the trigger shot and I'm all set
Hope everyone else who is having ec this week goes ok and gets some good embies
take care all xxx

I'm at work but just wanted to post a quick update. I have been stimming for 3 days now (well today is actually day 4 but have only had 3 shots so far). I went for a follow up scan and none of my follies have increased in size since my baseline. I know it is early days but was wondering if that was normal? The nurse said they may increase my doseage or possibly give it a few more days to see if they grow. I'm a little disappointed but I guess it will eventually sort itself out. Hope everyone else is doing well! It seems like we are all moving along. Can't wait to see all of our updates!!

Well I'm like Sammy - med-free today and just waiting around killing time before EC tomorrow morning. Trigger was pretty easy but stung like hell! In fact it's still sore this morning 12 hours later! All in a good cause though and will hopefully help the eggies to mature and grow nice and strong. DH 'triggered' yesterday morning to make sure we have good :spermy: I think he enjoyed his more than I did mine though! :haha:

I have quite a few twinges going on but I'm trying not to worry that the trigger might be causing me to ovulate early - the clinic knows what they are doing and wouldn't wait 36 hours if there was a risk the eggs would release early would they?

Sammy - take it easy today and REALLY hope tomorrow goes well for you hun. :hugs:

Angel - the way your wrote your post made me giggle :haha: But what a nightmare! These doctors really don't help make the process any easier do they? Good luck with the trigger!!

Chesca - I live in Farnsfield so not far from you at all and we are at Nurture at the QMC. Small world, huh?! How are you finding Care?

Hopes - Glad DR is going well and hope AF comes soon so you can move to the next phase.

Sue - how are things going? When is your next scan?

Hope everyone else is doing well. It's definitely hotting up in here and I just hope we have some really good news this week from us all. xxxxxx

Sorry been at work all day so couldnt post.... well i can feel my ovasries but they are not hurting. I can remember the first time i had EC and it really hurt the morning that i had to go but cant remember if they hurt prior to that. Ihe trigger didnt hurt at all but the first time it burned like you described. It went in really easily and hurt less than the other injections ever have!!!

I feel ok today... i am dreading EC tomorrow morning so much. I am not even sedated a little bit just down "there" a little but im fully awake.

How are you feeling? I hope your relaxed and feeling ok? :hugs::hugs:

Girls, hope you are enjoying your med free day!

I have had my scan and am none the wiser. except i now know i do my trigger tonight and EC is Wed morning!

Converstaion went like this
Me: Moring Dr, looks like it going to be a nice day
Dr:mmmmmm
Me: Did you have a nice weekend?
Dr: Fine
Nurse: Ok lets get ready for the scan
Did the whole scan in silence exepect for a few tuts from the Dr
Back at his desk
Me: So how are things looking today? Any improvement
Dr: EC for Wed
Me: What size are the follicles now?
Dr: Lead one is 20mm
Me: And the others?
Dr: Smaller

I mean seriously, how would you take that? Somebody clearly got out of bed on the wrong side today!!

Hope everyone else is doing well with their injections!

Angel that made me smile - I had almost the same non-conversation with a Consultant at my scan this morning, only mine didn't even speak to me except to say 'see the nurse afterwards'! I'm trying to figure that if there was something seriously wrong I might have been kept in there longer than 5 mins :)

The good bit for you though is "EC for Wednesday". Everything must be fine :hugs:. Good luck with your trigger later

Hi Girls :flower:

Goodness it's going to be a busy week!!

Sammy - Good luck tomorrow, I'm beaming over lots of goodluck vibes!! I really hope EC is less painful this time :hugs:

Starbright - Not long til Wens, good luck with the trigger tonight!:hugs:

BabyC - Good luck tomorrow, am thinking of you. Grow follies grow!!!:hugs:

Angel - Wens will be here before you know it! Your conversation with your Dr did make me laugh, mine was a bit like that with the nurse the other day. Why can't ppl be smiley!:hugs:

hopesforababy - Glad Dr is going well, stimms will be here before you know it!:hugs:

Sue - Hope stimms are going well, do you know when EC will be yet?

Chesca - Small world, I used to live in Ravenshead!:hugs:

Blue - How are you feeling? I hope your recovery is going well.:hugs:

Leilani - Thanks for your advice re the pen, I think I'm getting there now!:hugs:

Deeni - My next scan isn't until Wens. Although my tummy feels uncomfortable every morning, then eases off later. I wouldnt worry, you've only done 3 days so far, so plenty of time for the follies to grow.:hugs:

I'm feeling better today, am already looking forward to the weekend. I'm really struggling to go to work and go through this. The London commute is a nightmare! Not long now though:happydance:

Right ladies I'm off to do battle with the pen, I don't want to tempt fate but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Love to you all, I hope I haven!t forgotten anyone!:hugs:

Sammy - hope you manage to sleep well tonight with your EC looming. Sending you lots of calming vibes and really hope it couldn't possibly be as bad for you tomorrow as it was the last time :hugs::hugs: If all else fails, ask if you can bring a giant bottle of vodka and a straw in with you or something.

BabyChristie - Don't worry about the twinges - that's probably the Stimms still in your system. It takes 36 hours for those eggs to ripen. Wishing you loads of luck with your EC tomorrow morning :hugs: I love the bit about your DH's trigger injection :haha:

Starbright - Good luck with your trigger injection tonight and enjoy your med free day tomorrow

Deeni - its still early days so don't worry just yet. We don't even get our first scan until day 7 so at least there's lots of time to up your meds i they decide you need to.

Hopes - hope AF shows up soon for you and you can move on to the next stage

Hi to everyone else and hope you are all doing fine :hugs:

I had my first follicle scan today and as I've already said, I didn't really learn much. the nurse seemed to think all was fine but avoided giving me any numbers. They took blood and said they'd call me if they wanted me to change my meds but I haven't heard anything so assume all's going ok. From my own desperate attempts to see the scan monitor and overhear the consultant talking to the nurse, I think I had three size 10 follies on my right ovary and maybe two size 14 and a 10 on my left plus smalls. Trying not to think too much about it until my next scan on Wednesday morning.

Thanks ladies....:hugs:

Yes i did think about shovelling a few vodkas down me before going to it but then thought it might look a little strange staggering in, falling over the chair and slurring my words whilst rolling my eyes into the back of my head before finally passing out unconscious.... If i could, i would though! :haha:

DREADING IT!!!! :cry:

It will be all worth it though if i get a BFP and if i dont... well that it wouldnt have been! :dohh:

Sue I missed your hug!!! Here it is :hugs:

I think we posted at the same time!

It is a nightmare trying to work and get through all these appointments too. The london commute does totally suck! Lots of luck with pen again later :hugs:

Ok girls, i feel like im going to burst right now! Any suggestions? Im afraid i might pop later when i stick the needle in!!!!

Seriously, Baby & Sammy good luck with EC tomorrow. Will be thinking about you all day.

Deeni,i had a bit of a wobble after one of my scans as the follicles were smaller than expected but in the end, they have managed to do ok so there is still plenty of time. As long as they are monitoring you and altering your doses accordingly, you will be fine!

Starbright, will be thinking of you as i do my jab later. What time you doing it? Im 9pm

Girls,thank you all for your continued support - its kept me sane - just!!!

Ok girls, i feel like im going to burst right now! Any suggestions? Im afraid i might pop later when i stick the needle in!!!!

Seriously, Baby & Sammy good luck with EC tomorrow. Will be thinking about you all day.

Deeni,i had a bit of a wobble after one of my scans as the follicles were smaller than expected but in the end, they have managed to do ok so there is still plenty of time. As long as they are monitoring you and altering your doses accordingly, you will be fine!

Starbright, will be thinking of you as i do my jab later. What time you doing it? Im 9pm

Girls,thank you all for your continued support - its kept me sane - just!!!

Thanks hun :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hopes for a baby - Thanks hun, good luck yourself with everything!

Angel - ::snigger:: i had to giggle at that conv. Doctors eh? So interested and involved in their patients lives and well being... NOT! lol

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Girls, hope you are enjoying your med free day!

I have had my scan and am none the wiser. except i now know i do my trigger tonight and EC is Wed morning!

Converstaion went like this
Me: Moring Dr, looks like it going to be a nice day
Dr:mmmmmm
Me: Did you have a nice weekend?
Dr: Fine
Nurse: Ok lets get ready for the scan
Did the whole scan in silence exepect for a few tuts from the Dr
Back at his desk
Me: So how are things looking today? Any improvement
Dr: EC for Wed
Me: What size are the follicles now?
Dr: Lead one is 20mm
Me: And the others?
Dr: Smaller

I mean seriously, how would you take that? Somebody clearly got out of bed on the wrong side today!!

Hope everyone else is doing well with their injections!

Angel - I can't believe he was so rude! He might do these procedures day in/ day out but he surely has to understand that you don't! It makes me so angry when Dr's are like that. I mean they are doctors for crying out load!!!
I hope you get a better response to your questions next time hun.

On the up side - EC is Wednesday morning - YAY!! :happydance:

xxx

BabyChristie and Sammy - Good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you both! xxx

Hiya hun, I know you had considered CARE in the past and I would let my experience put you off. They have an excellent reputation and the nurses, sonographers etc have all be very helpful and did make us feel very at ease.
I was transferred to QMC when I was sent to hospital. Who is your consultant? They were so great with me there! Good luck for tomorrow babe! xxx:hugs:

p.s. I have absolutely no idea where farnsfield is, i've lived in Mansfield for nearly 3 years and I still get lost most places I go, thank goodness for the sat nav! lol! xxx

Good luck tomorrow Baby C and Sammy!! I hope that it goes well and that you both get some great eggs. Let us know how it goes when you get a chance!

Deeni, I'm sure that you'll have some more growth in a few days. My clinic does blood work on day 3, but no scans until about day 6 or 7.

Good luck tomorrow Baby C and Sammy!! I hope that it goes well and that you both get some great eggs. Let us know how it goes when you get a chance!

Deeni, I'm sure that you'll have some more growth in a few days. My clinic does blood work on day 3, but no scans until about day 6 or 7.

Will do!!!! Thanks. Im still awake, i am not tired but got to be up early... ill be knackered tomorrow HEY... THAT COULD BE A PLAN! Stay up all night and then go to sleep during EC?????? :haha::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->