IVF/ICSI in July

Sammy and BabyChristie - I wanted to wish you both LOTS of luck tomorrow. I hope everything goes well.

Angel - I can't believe your post about your Dr! It makes things much more difficult, doesn't it! Why don't they realize that it is our body and we deserve to know what is going on with it!!! You are almost there though...lots of luck with EC on Wed.

Springflower - Hope you are getting the hang of your pen injection. My menopur is not going so well. I dread it every night!

As for me and my still small follies, the Dr. decided to double my meds starting tonight and then another scan on Wednesday. I hope this jump starts them but I am worried about OHSS! My numbers are still really low so I guess it is too early to worry about. Actually, anytime is a good time to worry...I am a worrier. LOL.

Sammy and BabyChristie - I wanted to wish you both LOTS of luck tomorrow. I hope everything goes well.

Angel - I can't believe your post about your Dr! It makes things much more difficult, doesn't it! Why don't they realize that it is our body and we deserve to know what is going on with it!!! You are almost there though...lots of luck with EC on Wed.

Springflower - Hope you are getting the hang of your pen injection. My menopur is not going so well. I dread it every night!

As for me and my still small follies, the Dr. decided to double my meds starting tonight and then another scan on Wednesday. I hope this jump starts them but I am worried about OHSS! My numbers are still really low so I guess it is too early to worry about. Actually, anytime is a good time to worry...I am a worrier. LOL.

Thanks Hun... I'm on my way there now :(

BabyChristie & Sammy - just jumping on here quickly to wish you both loads of luck for EC today. Will be thinking of you both x

BabyChristie & Sammy - just jumping on here quickly to wish you both loads of luck for EC today. Will be thinking of you both x

Thanks I'm here waiting now... I wish they would hurry up and call me in. There are two other ladies as well and we were told to be here for 8.30am so god knows who goes in first! Come on for christs sake I feel sick... Xxx

Thanks everyone! I'm leaving in about 20 mins - ovaries are still aching so that's a good sign. Eggies must still be in there. Scared but will update later when I can...... Good luck Sammy!!!!
:hugs::hugs:
xx

Another lady has just come out she is holding a tissue and looks really sad and worried... So there is not three of us she has been in already cos I saw her hubby leaving with a suitcase with the eggs in to take to the other hospital. X

Ok so the other lady has just gone in... The male doctor came out to shake our hands... male doctor? :( I always have female ones. Oh well I'm sure the pain will block out my thoughts on that one. nobody has given me any pain killers yet... They have to be taken 15 mins prior to going in. I'm a little worried now... What if they have forgotten?

Don't panic - will all be fine. Try to keep calm - good luck honey. xxx

Thanks everyone! I'm leaving in about 20 mins - ovaries are still aching so that's a good sign. Eggies must still be in there. Scared but will update later when I can...... Good luck Sammy!!!!
:hugs::hugs:
xx

My ovaries are no where near as heavy or painful as last time. I hope that's not a bad sign? I can feel them and they are tender but not painful.

I've just been given my two pessaries up the bum and one tablet which I had to swallow and think that I have about 15 mins until I go in now....good luck Hun xxx

Good luck Sammy - must say I'm loving your updates, I can just picture it all (including the pills up your bum!!)

BabyChristie - thinking of you too.

:hugs: to you both today

Good luck Sammy - must say I'm loving your updates, I can just picture it all (including the pills up your bum!!)

BabyChristie - thinking of you too.

:hugs: to you both today

Oh Jesus Christ I am not going lie but that fecking hurt like hell. I didn't think it could get much worse than last time but it did. The woman before me was only in there 15 mins so I thought oh good just 15 mins of pain but nooooo I was in there 35 mins. She must have not had many follicles.

He said it would take 2 mins which was a lie... Lol. I felt every stab to each follicle and one I jumped like hell with pain :(

All in all there was 10-11 follicles in total and he said 7-8 were of a good size but of course even though we don't know whether the other ones contain eggs he had to puncture them anyway :(

I'm just having a tea and then we take the eggs in a heated case to another hospital where Allan gives his sperm sample and we find out how many eggs we have. Thank god it's over (I would not have posted this if babychristie was reading but I know she will be left for the hospital by now - I would not want to scare her!)

I feel in pain like I have been stabbed... We will also be told if oh's sample will be good enough for IVF or we will have to do ICSI. scared now.

Sammy you were so brave! Was hoping to get in here before you went in but you were too quick! Well done you, I'm keeping everything crossed that you have some excellent eggies there:hugs::hugs:

BabyC - I missed you this morning too. Am thinking of you, fingers crossed they got the eggies and they are in excellent condition. :hugs::hugs:

Hey all

Sammy sorry you're in pain ((hugs)). Hope you get some good eggs from those follies!!
BabyC - hope all has gone well for you and you get some lovely eggs
Deeni - here's hoping the increase to the meds helps to improve the folly growth. I had to have 3 of the powders to make me respond. Good luck
Angel - I did my trigger at 10.30 last night. Good luck for your EC on weds. Hope it goes well for you
Chesca - also good luck for your EC on weds!
Sue, Bizy, Springflower and everyone else I hope you're doing well.
xxxxxx

Sammy you were so brave! Was hoping to get in here before you went in but you were too quick! Well done you, I'm keeping everything crossed that you have some excellent eggies there:hugs::hugs:

I wasn't that brave... Lol. I didn't cry though but my face was a screwed up mess. It really hurt. I now have painful shooting pains in my ass. I don't know what they put in those anal pessaries but it sure feels like it was shards of glass! My ovaries are battered and really hurt. We are at the second hospital and just gave the eggs to the embryologist and swapped them for a cup so OH can do his sperm sample ::snigger:: we then have to wait here to find out how many eggs I got which takes 30 mins and also the quality of the sperm sample. If I get 6 eggs out of this I will be happy enough... 8 would be amazing but I don't think that's going to happen. If I have been through all this and it's only two out of 10-11 follicles then that won't be good and I will be questioning whether my fertility is diminishing rather than anything. All in all if I get a BFP out of this then just one egg would be acceptable if it does the trick!!! I'm nervous now. Xx

Sammy - thanks for the update, sorry it was so traumatic, I was wincing/remembering the process as ou described it. How big is the case you transport the eggs in? Do you feel like you're on some kind of top secret mission transporting them across town? FX and hope the embryologist gives you good news about the eggs and sperm.

Sammy - thanks for the update, sorry it was so traumatic, I was wincing/remembering the process as ou described it. How big is the case you transport the eggs in? Do you feel like you're on some kind of top secret mission transporting them across town? FX and hope the embryologist gives you good news about the eggs and sperm.

Lol... Secret mission Sammy... Ha ha. Yes it really hurt. I was told it didn't hurt so much the second time round but that's b****cks! Lol. I'm just glad it's over. Allans just put his sample in and they it's not 30 mins waiting it's 45 mins to an hour... Ho hum.

The case was about the size of a large vanity case and was heated and had to be plugged into the cigarette lighter in the car to keep it heated. I will update when I have more news as battery is getting low thanks to our rabbit chewing through my bloody phone charger cable last night! Rabbit stew anyone???

Poor Sammy, my ovaries are shrinking and hiding at the thought of the torture that lies ahead! Im really amused that you have to transport the eggs accross town yourself - sound like a comedy sketch! Where do you live anyway? Remind me never to move there!

Hope you get good numbers - everything crossed for you xoxo

Poor Sammy, my ovaries are shrinking and hiding at the thought of the torture that lies ahead! Im really amused that you have to transport the eggs accross town yourself - sound like a comedy sketch! Where do you live anyway? Remind me never to move there!

Hope you get good numbers - everything crossed for you xoxo

I'm gutted... Out of 11 follicles ( although only 7-8 were big enough really) we only got 5 eggs. I'm really upset... That's one less than last time and i was on higher meds this time and more or less means no frosties. Great. All that for 5 god damn eggs. I don't think I will be going through this again if this doesn't work obviously I'm losing my fertility :(

I'm gutted... Out of 11 follicles ( although only 7-8 were big enough really) we only got 5 eggs. I'm really upset... That's one less than last time and i was on higher meds this time and more or less means no frosties. Great. All that for 5 god damn eggs. I don't think I will be going through this again if this doesn't work obviously I'm losing my fertility :(

So sorry you're disappointed :hugs:

whispers - it only takes one!

Aww Sammy, im so sorry you are disappointed in the numbers but personally, i would be glad to get as many as 5! Hun, it only takes one good one - you might not need the frosties anyway! Think quality not quantity

This whole process is so frustrating because while its a science, it sure as hell isnt an exact one and certainly does not follow scientific logic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->