IVF/ICSI in July

I knew it was 5. We sat in the waiting room and i said to OH, you know i reckon its going to be 5 but i hope its not!

It was...

I look at it like this, last time we had 6 eggs, all fertilised (like we all know i will not be that lucky again) and 2 were transferred and only two made it to freezing (the other two were discarded) Both frosties were thawed, one collapsed and the other one that was transfered didnt stick. So out of 6 embies only one made it and this time we only have 5.

I just know this cycle is going to turn to rat shit because i bet only 3 fertilise and only two make it to ET... if im lucky, which i usually never am!!!

I am half mad at the hospital from not stimming me enough and half mad at myself that we never even got a better result than last time even with higher meds!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

I'm back and we got four eggies!! For me, this is better than we hoped earlier in the week and we are really pleased! In the end we had 6 follies although 3 were small, which we knew. We were only expecting 3 so that's a bonus! The embryologist did say that one of the eggs looked a little small but we'll know more tomorrow at 3pm when they call to tell us if any have fertilised.

I was asleep for the whole thing and only remember feeling a bit drunk in theatre and then waking up in my bed. I love my anaesthatist!! The embryologist was hopeful that we should get an embie but its a nervous wait for the next 26 hours...... I feel fine - a little bit of pain like a mild period pain at the moment which is SO different from my first experience so I'm basically a very happy bunny right now.:bunny::bunny: Going to go to bed for a bit of a sleep.

Thanks again everyone - your good wishes obviously helped! :hugs: Just hoping and praying now that we get to ET....

xxx

Sammy - so sorry you feel upset at your numbers. It's awful to have less than you are hoping for. :hugs::hugs: I know its a very anxious wait for the next 24 hours but I really hope that you get some good strong embies ready for transfer later this week.

xxx

Sammy - so sorry you feel upset at your numbers. It's awful to have less than you are hoping for. :hugs::hugs: I know its a very anxious wait for the next 24 hours but I really hope that you get some good strong embies ready for transfer later this week.

xxx

Well done hun im really pleased for you thats great news! :happydance:

I wont find out until Friday whether mine have fertilised or not. The sperm sample was good enough for IVF though so we didnt have to go through ICSI (it wouldnt have bothered me with way to be honest)

I am worried too... not so much about the egg quality but how many fertilise or if any? What a week of worry! Thank god the physical pain is over though. You were lucky to be sedated, I was fully awake through the whole lot and it was nothing short of hell. I bled a lot this time as well... i never bled last time. The pick up was quicker this time for sure but more intense and painful. Good luck for tomorrow results hun :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Baby, 4 - thats brilliant news! Well done you. Rest up and try not to focus in the things you cant control. In this whole process, its the embryoligists who really work the magic - hope they are doing that as we speak!

Thanks Angel, I know the embryologists are the magic ones. We're thinking that our little embies could be forming right now!!

Angel & Starbright - good luck with your EC tomorrow. Will keep everything crossed for some good news from you both tomorrow!!!!

Forgive me, I'm still a little squiffy and losing track of where everyone is - big hugs to you all!! xxxx

Good luck Angel and Starbright for EC tomorrow!!!!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sammy & BabyChristie - well done for getting through it and getting eggs. Sammy - your updates were brilliant. I can't believe your hospital doesn't give you any better meds than that though. Horrendous. By now, you both will hopefully already have some babies created :happydance:. Keeping everything crossed for good news soon.

Star & Angel - Really hope it all goes well for you both tomorrow and your EC is more like BabyChristie's than Sammy's! Hope you both get lots of quality eggs :hugs::hugs:

Deeni - Hope your increased meds works and you get to see the results tomorrow

Springflower - good luck with your scan tomorrow too.

Blue, Leilani, Hopes & Chesca - Hope you had good tuesdays

I'm starting to get some throbbing in my ovaries and feel bloated so hope that's a good sign something's working. Had some more acupuncture tonight so feel all relaxed and ready for my second scan tomorrow morning.

Angel and Starbright - good luck for tomorrow!!!!! Will be thinking of you both!

Sammy - I know you are disappointment but try and look on the positive side, you have 5 lovely eggies, let hope and pray for good things!

babychristie - well done hunny!!! Can't wait for 3pm tomorrow!!!

Sue - Hope you are doing ok, good luck for tomorrow!!!

xxxx

Chesca - thanks... If they all fertilise I suppose I still have a chance of a couple of frosties but if not and I get a bfp then I'll be happy!

Sue - I know, how awful having to go through that awake... I seriously don't think I can again. If this cycle doesn't work I want to change hospitals - to one that knows what they are doing will be advantageous! Seriously though one with sedation if they do that out here. They don't even do gas and air out here. It's like living in the dark ages!

My updates were the only thing keeping me sane at that point but some people found them entertaining it seems... Lol. I'm just glad it's all over... Well this part!

Sammy are you in Germany or Holland - or do I have you confused with someone else?

Yay BabyC and Sammy for getting your EC over with!! I'm so happy for you both. I hope you both get excellent fertilization reports!

Sue and Springflower, looks like all three of us will be getting scans tomorrow. Can't wait to see how many follies we are making. :thumbup:

Angel and Starbright, lots of luck with your ECs tomorrow. :hugs:

I hope everyone else is doing well!! Thinking about you all and hoping for the best for all of us!

Yay BabyC and Sammy for getting your EC over with!! I'm so happy for you both. I hope you both get excellent fertilization reports!

Sue and Springflower, looks like all three of us will be getting scans tomorrow. Can't wait to see how many follies we are making. :thumbup:

Angel and Starbright, lots of luck with your ECs tomorrow. :hugs:

I hope everyone else is doing well!! Thinking about you all and hoping for the best for all of us!

Thanks Hun... Good luck with your scans tomorrow ladies! Hope you get lots of bug juicy follies!!!! Xxx

Nobody is happier than me that EC is over... rant rant moan... Lol.

(I will get over it... Eventually!!!)

:)

You did it Sammy! Congrats on making it through a horrible EC! I loved all the updates and am proud of you for making it through. I know how upset you are about your numbers (I got 6 eggs from 15 follicules last time), but try to remember that it only takes one. Keep us updated on how many fertilize.

Baby Christie!! Yeah for you on your 4 eggs! I can't wait to hear your fertilization report! Glad that you were out for the procedure, and hope you are feeling ok.

Angel and Star, good luck on your retrievals tomorrow!! Keeping fingers crossed for great numbers!

Sue, sounds like you are stimming well!

Hope everyone else is doing well, too!

Hey ladies

- congrats to Babychristie and Sammy on the eggs! fxd for the fert report.

- goodluck to 2 of you for tomorrow... star? and angel? - sorry I am behind on this info...

- thinking about everyone else - stimming away deeni - sue - doodar - springflower...sorry if I missed someone

- bizy who is starting - wahoo!

- Leilani :) who is ready to start again soon - and in the mean time being an amazing support!

- me... af has arrived... that is an 11 day lp......... usually I have 12 day lp........ anyway now I have to cross my fingers so tightly as I am going to push for FET for August...

:hugs: to all!

Hopesforababy - thanks Hun! I know I should be a bit happier and I suppose 5 is ok but I guess you just expect to get at least one egg out each large follicle (which we did last time) but as we all know there are no guarantees with IVF... And in my case 5 eggs does not mean 5 babies! :)

I got 6 eggs last time as well and had a 100% fertilization report but I doubt I will be that lucky again. I wish I knew today but they won't tell me until FRIDAY. Stupid Dutch hospital rules!

Blue- cheers Hun! How you doing? Hope things are going well with you.

Hugs and good luck to all!!!! Xxx

Morning Ladies

Firstly goodluck today Angel and Starbright!!! I'm thinking of you both and have my fingers crossed for lots of good quality eggies! :hugs::hugs:

Deeni and Sue - Cool - the three of us are going in together! My scan's at 2pm today. Am hoping everythings ok. Feels like there's a lot going on in there!:hugs::hugs:

Sammy and BabyC - You both did so well!! I'm keeping everything crossed that all the eggies fertilise:hugs::hugs:

Blue - Excellent news you might be able to start in August - Yipeee!!!!!!!:hugs:

Hopesforabbay and Bizy - Yeay you started!!!:hugs:

Lots of love to everyone, I'm if I've missed anyone out! Am trying to type quickly at work without being spotted! xxx:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->