IVF/ICSI in July

Wow this is turning out to be an exciting week!

BizyBee - Yeay! for getting started!:hugs:

BabyChristie - Wow it's the big day tomorrow!! Have you decided how many to have transferred? Good luck chick!:hugs: Are you sure about the hot bottle? I'm sure in my Zita West book they are a no no after ET, but will double check for you!

Sammy - Good luck for tomorrow!!! Hope the car gets sorted :hugs:

Star and Angel- Yeay on your 4's, thats fab news! :hugs:

Blue - August for you, that's brilliant news!!!:hugs:

Deeni and Sue - When are your next scan's? I have one tomorrow, am hoping my little ones are starting to catch up! Let's we get lots of good quality ones :hugs: Deeni - don't worry yet you've not been stimming for a week, there's time for the follies to grow hun:hugs:

Hopes - When do you find out when you can start stimms, hope it's soon for you!:hugs:

Leilani and Chesca - Thanks for all your support ladies :hugs::hugs:

I think that's everyone!

Nothing exciting to report from me except I have an ant invaison in my house and we have a parking ticket on our car:growlmad:

Ps - Sammy I'm due to start the supositories (sp!) Are they really that bad?! I think I'm more worried about them than the injections!!!

The shot wasn't too bad in the end - not painful at the time but made my whole bum cheek numb for the past few hours! DH is going to learn to do them tomorrow so he can do the weekend as I need them every day. I don't get on very well with the pessaries if I don't get pregnant so they are doing this to see if it makes things any better.

Pregnyl sounds like an interesting one - great that it is more natural but I wonder as you say how that will affect a test because there's HCG in it? I'm sure your clinic will tell you more tomorrow. I hope everything goes well. xx

Spring - if you could check the hot water bottle thing that would be great. I think its weird too so I wouldn't be surprised - does it say to use it before transfer then? If so I'll pop one on tonight....!

Spring - if you could check the hot water bottle thing that would be great. I think its weird too so I wouldn't be surprised - does it say to use it before transfer then? If so I'll pop one on tonight....!

Ok have consulted Zita (otherwise known as my bible!) She encourages it up until ET. So you are fine for tonight:hugs:

Good luck sweetie!:hugs:

When I used the suppositories for my iui cycle I found they were not bad at all. I just found I had to wear a pantyliner everyday and it is a bit gross - but really not bad.

Wow another busy day on here

Star & Angel - congratulations on your embies. You both did great :happydance:. Hope they continue to grow stronger over the next few days.

Sammy & BabyChristie - Lots of luck for your transfers tomorrow. Sammy try not to get too stressed about the car. The BFP in a couple of weeks will more than make up for it O:). Our hospital doesn't give us any choice about the progesterone. We have to take Crinone vaginal suppositories every day for 8 weeks post egg collection. Can't wait (if I get that far of course). BabyChristie it says in a book I have here NOT to use hotwater bottles post transfer but that they are good for warming the uterus PRE transfer :shrug:

Blue - lots of luck for tomorrow. Hope you get to do your FET soon.

Springflower & Deeni - lots of luck to us all for our folli scans tomorrow, Hope you both have some good news. I hate ants - they get everywhere!

Bizy - glad your first injection went well

Hopes - good luck for your scan tomorrow. Hope your lining has thinned and you can start stimming :hugs:

Hi to Chesca & Leilani

No news to report from me today although I am seriously missing my glass of wine!

Ok - Firstly I'm sorry for TMI, but I'm confused. For those of you that are using/have used the suppositories, are you doing them vaginally (sp??) or the "other" way. I have to do them the "other" way!! Just wondered if that's usual practice!

Sorry for being thick!! :shrug:

Springflower, i have to do mine in the front passage but the packet says either way.

I have to do mine the 'other' way until ET. The packet does say either, but the clinic's instructions are for the 'other' lol
So tomorrow's a busy day! Good luck girlies :)
Btw is anyone else still hurting from the EC? I've got some pains - remind me of mild endo pains. How long did it take for the rest of you to feel normal again ?
xx

Star, im still a bit sore - more like strained muscles after some serious crunches. Last time was much worse for me and lasted well over a week. Dr told me the longer they have to poke around looking for eggs, with perhaps empty follicles, the worse it is. Should sort itself out in a few days but ask when you are in for transfer because there is still risk of OHSS

Spring, I have to take the crinone vaginally.

Ps - Sammy I'm due to start the supositories (sp!) Are they really that bad?! I think I'm more worried about them than the injections!!!

They are painfree of course but they seep out of you so you have this thick stodge in your underwear which can get a bit unhygienic especially in this weather! I always felt dirty and hated inserting them while at work. They gave me cystitis as well which is why I complained and got injections. What a relief... Just one every 3 days and I never felt a thing but I do have to mix up the powder and water like the trigger but that's easy enough.

I think it's personal preference but personally I would never go back!!! Lol

I have to do mine the 'other' way until ET. The packet does say either, but the clinic's instructions are for the 'other' lol
So tomorrow's a busy day! Good luck girlies :)
Btw is anyone else still hurting from the EC? I've got some pains - remind me of mild endo pains. How long did it take for the rest of you to feel normal again ?
xx

It always takes me until the day after ET to feel almost normal again... I'm still sore now!

I took my progesterone vaginally

Wow this is turning out to be an exciting week!

BizyBee - Yeay! for getting started!:hugs:

BabyChristie - Wow it's the big day tomorrow!! Have you decided how many to have transferred? Good luck chick!:hugs: Are you sure about the hot bottle? I'm sure in my Zita West book they are a no no after ET, but will double check for you!

Sammy - Good luck for tomorrow!!! Hope the car gets sorted :hugs:

Star and Angel- Yeay on your 4's, thats fab news! :hugs:

Blue - August for you, that's brilliant news!!!:hugs:

Deeni and Sue - When are your next scan's? I have one tomorrow, am hoping my little ones are starting to catch up! Let's we get lots of good quality ones :hugs: Deeni - don't worry yet you've not been stimming for a week, there's time for the follies to grow hun:hugs:

Hopes - When do you find out when you can start stimms, hope it's soon for you!:hugs:

Leilani and Chesca - Thanks for all your support ladies :hugs::hugs:

I think that's everyone!

Nothing exciting to report from me except I have an ant invaison in my house and we have a parking ticket on our car:growlmad:

The car is sorted thanks Hun... We have to call the hospital tomorrow morning at 9.30-10.00am for the fertilisation report... So that will be 9.30 then!!! Lol

Spring - I've been told i'm going to be doing mine the 'other' way!!!!

Ok guys, maybe i'm being thick but as I didn't get to ET i'm just wondering what the Blastie stage is and how is differs to the having the embie put back earlier???

x

Hi Cheasca this is my usual port of call for IVF info, it generally explains things quite simply and has lots of pictures.

From what I can gleen a blastocyst is the stage of development which occurs after the fertilised egg has split into more than 8 cells. The only way it differs, in terms of ET is that the embryologist gets longer to see how the embie is developing, and where they have more than one to choose from, it is easier to see the quality differences in a blastie than in dividing cells and so can pick the best looking one.

Hi Cheasca this is my usual port of call for IVF info, it generally explains things quite simply and has lots of pictures.

From what I can gleen a blastocyst is the stage of development which occurs after the fertilised egg has split into more than 8 cells. The only way it differs, in terms of ET is that the embryologist gets longer to see how the embie is developing, and where they have more than one to choose from, it is easier to see the quality differences in a blastie than in dividing cells and so can pick the best looking one.

Thanks for that hun!! I wonder what will happen in my case then? My embies were put on freeze at the 1 cell stage because of what happened. I can't remember what my FS said now it was that long ago! Do they even do a blastie transfer for FET? My god I feel unprepared now!!

xx

Wow, things have been so busy in here today. It took me forever to catch up...haha!

Bizy, congrats on starting your first shots!! :thumbup:

Starbright, thanks for sharing your experience. Let's hope my follies are just a little slow and they will be caught up in no time. So happy for your four fertilized embabies!

Angel, massive congrats on your fertilization as well! I am sorry you are disappointed but four is a great number!

Sammy, BabyC, good luck with your ET tomorrow!! Pretty soon you will be PUPO! :headspin:

Springflower, good luck on your scan tomorrow. Let's hope we have some nice follies. Can't wait to get ET over with. Any ideas on when yours will be? Mine might be Wednesday if my follies get the message!

Chesca, Sue, Leilani, and everyone else...thinking of you all. xx

Sammy you are lucky that your injections are every 3 days post ET and that they are a thin solution. The progesterone oil is a 2 inch needle that goes in a muscle and it is a thick oil. So funny though - as Dh did the oil injection - afterwards he was supposed to massage it so the oil would move around in the body - but some would squirt out the giant poke hole lol.

Springflower I had to put them in vaginally too. The back door - that sucks - but I am sure will be worth it!!!

:hugs: to all - lots of luck to the transfer ladies tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->