IVF/ICSI in July

Angel good luck for Sat

(((big hugs))) Blue. Sorry to hear that
xxx

OK yesterday we were told 4 had definitley fertilised and one was a maybe. When we got there today they said that the 'maybe' was now a definitely, so 5 embies over all. 3 and grade 2 and 2 at grade 3. One was more developed than the others - that one had divided into 5 cells but the rest were only 4 cells. But, the 5 cell was a grade 3. So, they have transferred 2: the grade 3 (5 cell) and a grade 2 with 4 cells.
Feel a bit at a loss now .... surely there must be something I can do to help them implant!! lol

Sammy fingers crossed for you hon. (((big hugs)))

xxx

Great news Hun... Ours grade the other way round: grade 1 being the best and up to grade 4 which is the worst.

We had one grade 1 and one grade 2 put back so a pretty good result. Probably no frosties but to be fair I have had FET once before with our two frosties and it never worked so I am more confident with a fresh cycle... I'm not all that bothered anymore just pleased we got two of the top grades and so I'll settle for that! (like I have a choice lol)

There is nothing much you can do to ensure they implant... Just wait until testing! What date are you testing? X

Congrats Starbright and Sammy - pupo ladies!

No FET for me... :cry:

Star -Congrats on being PUPO. Dreaded 2ww! Do you have the full 2 weeks or blood tests earlier? Good luck anyway!

Blue im so sorry hun! Dont give up hope! Just noticed your signature quotation - nice motto to live by!

Just back from the hospital with our little embie on board!!!!! We are only allowed 1 back on NHS funding. All 3 embies developed but they chose the best grade 2 one to go back - perfect little one with 8 equally size cells and no fragmentation. We are still a bit shocked as we just didn't expect to get to this stage at all after the poor response, but it shows that my eggs are of a good enough quality which was a massive concern to me. All in all, the best outcome we could have imagined!!! Taking it easy on the sofa today under a blanket with DH waiting on me - I could get used to this!!!

Congrats Sammy and Star! So exciting that we are all PUPO! :happydance:

Blue - :hugs: :hugs: So sorry to hear that. Did they give you any idea of when you might be able to go ahead? I hope that this is only a temporary delay and that you will be able to do it soon. Loads of hugs :hugs:

xx

Wow and another! Great news Baby - sounds like a you have a wee gem on board! Congrats to you too!

Not posting properly, will come back on later when I'm feeling a bit better. Just wrote this in my journal....

It's all gone horribly wrong. I only have 2 follies and EC is now Monday. They think I wasn't on a high enough dose of Gonal f, which is why things havent moved on. I'm absolutely gutted. They wanted to do IUI instead but I refused, whats the point when oh's swimmers aren't good. So it's ICSI, but only because I'd already paid for it. :cry::cry:

Blue, I just saw your post. I'm so sorry honey:cry:

Not posting properly, will come back on later when I'm feeling a bit better. Just wrote this in my journal....

It's all gone horribly wrong. I only have 2 follies and EC is now Monday. They think I wasn't on a high enough dose of Gonal f, which is why things havent moved on. I'm absolutely gutted. They wanted to do IUI instead but I refused, whats the point when oh's swimmers aren't good. So it's ICSI, but only because I'd already paid for it. :cry::cry:

Blue, I just saw your post. I'm so sorry honey:cry:

Oh spring I'm so sorry... This is exactly what happened to me with the last ivf. I only had two follies too. They said they would go ahead if I wanted to but the thing is we get 3 free ivf's and as soon as you go to EC then that's counted as one free try. I didn't want to risk it so I cancelled the cycle and they offered me IUI paid for by my insurance. It was crap and never worked but I knew that would happen! They do wash and spin the sperm and it really livened up OH's but it still didn't work!!! I would never do it again. I blame the hospital for under stimming me and even though they increased meds this time I'm still not over the moon with the results. I will move hospitals if I have to ever do this again!

However with two follies of a good size you could still get two eggs and both could fertilise! You just never know Hun. Good luck xxx

Spring - I'm so sorry honey.:hugs: I think this part is the worst - especially when the scans show things like this. But, don't despair - I had this and we just had 2 / 3 follies and the option to switch to IUI or abandon. We decided to continue to see what would happen, check egg quality etc. A couple of smaller follies caught up over the weekend and by EC we got 4 eggs. 3 fertilised so it really can turn around at the end, honestly. It does just take one and my clinic sees lots of women with low numbers achieving exactly the same at the end as women with more. Quality, not quantity really is the rule. Take it easy, try to relax over the weekend. You still have 2 little eggies to concentrate on - these are the little fighters. This is definitely NOT over xxx :hugs:

Im so sorry Springflower!
BabyChristie has said it all already - dont give up hun ! You could have 2 great quallity eggies in there and you never know they might find a few extra - they found one with me!
xoxo

Springflower - :hugs::hugs:. I cam't add much more than what everyone else has already said. Its still not too late. Don't give up now :hugs:

Blue - I'm so sorry. Did they say why or when you might be able to proceed? :hugs:

Sammy, Star & BabyChristie - congratulations on being PUPO. I can't wait to hear all your symptoms over the next 2 weeks.

Angel- Lots of luck for ET tomorrow. Will be thinking of you

Deeni - hope your scan went well today.

Hope everyone else is doing ok

I have my EC booked now for 8am on Monday morning.

So many mixed emotions on here today.

Well done to sammy and baby, fingers crossed for you both. When is test day?

Angel, will be thinking of you tomorrow!!!!

Blue - I posted in your journal hun but still think you need more :hugs::hugs::hugs: xxxxx

Spring - Don't give up yet hun!! Have they upped you drugs?? :hugs: to you too,

Hope everyone else is ok and doing well,

xxxxx

Springflower I am so sorry - but like everyone else is saying they can still be your embies. Easier for us to say as I am sure you are feeling the weight of the world right now, but we are all having hope and pma for you hun! A lot can happen over the weekend. Springflower - are you having to pay for ivf - I thought in uk it was usually covered? Millions of :hugs:

Me - they said no FET because I have many follies (cysts as they now refer to them) left over in my body - I have at least 6 that measure full size follies 2.2 - 2.5 or (22 - 25). They were actually a bit rude with me this morning - but that is a whole other story for another day.

:hugs: to all - lots of things going on right now!

Oh spring I'm so sorry... This is exactly what happened to me with the last ivf. I only had two follies too. They said they would go ahead if I wanted to but the thing is we get 3 free ivf's and as soon as you go to EC then that's counted as one free try. I didn't want to risk it so I cancelled the cycle and they offered me IUI paid for by my insurance. It was crap and never worked but I knew that would happen! They do wash and spin the sperm and it really livened up OH's but it still didn't work!!! I would never do it again. I blame the hospital for under stimming me and even though they increased meds this time I'm still not over the moon with the results. I will move hospitals if I have to ever do this again!

However with two follies of a good size you could still get two eggs and both could fertilise! You just never know Hun. Good luck xxx

Hey Sammy

Thanks for your words, I think I remember reading about your IUI somewhere on the forum. I've never heard anything good about it, so I felt like there was only one real option which was to go ahead with the ICSI.

But ANYWAY, you're PUPO with twins!!!!! Woo hoooo:happydance: Fabulous news!!!!!!!!:hugs:

Sue - thanks and good luck with the EC on Monday

Chesca - thanks too.. Well official test date I think is 14 aug but I will test Friday 6th as this will be the equivalent to 10dpo when I got my BFP last time with IVF.

Blue - hang in there Hun, you are really going through some crap with all this. So sorry!

Spring - keep proceeding I have a good feeling about this one! Don't downgrade to IUI they are rubbish and hardly ever work... the odds are only 10-15% with them! Good luck

For anyone I have missed good luck!!!

Spring, big hugs to you. But like the others have said you may have a turnaround by next week. Good luck hon
Blue it sounds like you're having a rotten time. Big hugs to you too.
My test date is the 13th or 14th . . . if I can wait that long!

Morning Ladies

Ok, I'm still gutted but feel like we made the right decision. Am going to try to stop stressing and just see this as a dry run, it actually feels like a lot of the pressure has gone. I asked yesterday we we could try again, annoyingly I have to wait for two periods.:growlmad: So that means end of Sept/Oct for me. It's good to know though, and who knows maybe I won't be needing it!

So..

Sammy, BabyC and Starbright - Woo hooo congratulations ladies!!! :happydance: Absolutely brilliant news!!!! Hurry up now your 2 ww's !!!:hugs:

Angel - Am thinking of you this morning! Good luck honey!! :hugs:

Sue - Good luck on Monday!! I'm jealous I have to wait until 10:30am for mine, will be thinking of you at 8:30am! Sue you didn't post re you numbers, I hope that wasn't because you were worried about upsetting me! If you were please don't be:hugs:

Blue - That's just crap, isn't it. You poor lamb you've really been through the wringer with this one. Do you know when they'll let you try again? Love to you, keep strong:hugs: Re my IVF, nope not free :nope: Where I live there is a 3 yr waiting list and you only get one go and I just couldn't wait that long.

Deeni - Hope your scan went well :hugs:

Chesca - Thanks for your words hun, nope they haven't upped my meds. I'm a bit confused I don't really understand why they havent been upped and we're not waiting a while longer, by the time I trigger tonight I'll have only done 8 days of stimms. Doesn't seem right to me, but they're the professionals.:hugs:

Love to you all and thank you for your kind words. They really helped :hugs:

Spring - You would hope that FS has your best interest at heart, and like you said, thry're the professionals so fingers croosed for you babe!

Angel - thinking of you today!!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"