IVF/ICSI in July

Good luck today to everyone! Loads going on i think - scans, transfers and of course, injections!

So busy in here ladies and lots of positivity - it's great!

Sammy, Christie and Starbright - good luck with the ETs today.

Angel - good luck with those embies - do you know when your ET is yet?

Sue - do you have a date for EC yet?

Blue, Spring, Hopes, good luck with your scans today!

Deeni - are you being scanned again before you EC next week?

Bizy - enjoy the Cape!

Chesca - I guess once your frosties have thawed the embies start growing again, so it probably just depends how long your clinic lets them grow before they see if they are good to go home!

Hope I've not forgotten anyone

My left ovary hurt pretty consistantly for a week after my EC, and then all of a sudden it stopped!

As for the progesterone, mine were taken vaginally - though the packet said for oral use. Next time I'm going to remember the panty liners - I bought some this time, but didn't think to use them!!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes...

Well i set my alarm to call them at 9.30 for the fertilization report and the outcome is....

THEY HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE FAX YET AS WE HAVE TO CALL BACK AT 10AM!!

:grr:

Sammy you are lucky that your injections are every 3 days post ET and that they are a thin solution. The progesterone oil is a 2 inch needle that goes in a muscle and it is a thick oil. So funny though - as Dh did the oil injection - afterwards he was supposed to massage it so the oil would move around in the body - but some would squirt out the giant poke hole lol.

Springflower I had to put them in vaginally too. The back door - that sucks - but I am sure will be worth it!!!

:hugs: to all - lots of luck to the transfer ladies tomorrow!

OMG Blue! That sounds terrible! I have never heard of a thick oil but i have heard of it being injected into your muscle and i dont fancy that so i was pleased when they said I could do it in my stomach.

I asked them what was the best with regards to suppositories or injections and they said it doesnt matter... they used the injections for 4 years prior to the suppositories but changed over to the tablets only because people prefered them to doing the injections. They still prescribe the injections to people and said neither is better than the other... they are both the same. This made me feel better cos is the injections were lesds effective then i would have suffered with the suppositories....

Well i set my alarm to call them at 9.30 for the fertilization report and the outcome is....

OMFG whats wrong with this country?????? So we call back at 10am and the conversation goes like this:

OH: Hello we were told to ring this morning re: fertilization report

Receptionist: "Yeah come in for ET at 11.45am"

OH: Oh so some fertilized then, how many please?

Receptionist: "Oh as from a while back now they don't tell us that information anymore"

Jesus christ so you have to wait until they have virtually put them in to know!!!

All we know at this stage is that there is something to transfer.... how many i have no idea!!!!

Anyway we are going to transfer!!!! YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

OMFG whats wrong with this country?????? So we call back at 10am and the conversation goes like this:

OH: Hello we were told to ring this morning re: fertilization report

Receptionist: "Yeah come in for ET at 11.45am"

OH: Oh so some fertilized then, how many please?

Receptionist: "Oh as from a while back now they don't tell us that information anymore"

Jesus christ so you have to wait until they have virtually put them in to know!!!

All we know at this stage is that there is something to transfer.... how many i have no idea!!!!

Anyway we are going to transfer!!!!

YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Sammy - how very frustrating this all is, and a little bit mean. I guess they go with the whole "no news is good news" thing. I would like to think they'd let people know sooner if there was nothing to transfer. How long til you leave? Are you close to the hospital?

Sammy - how very frustrating this all is, and a little bit mean. I guess they go with the whole "no news is good news" thing. I would like to think they'd let people know sooner if there was nothing to transfer. How long til you leave? Are you close to the hospital?

Hi yes we are here now waiting it's 11,45 here... It's not fair not to tell you until you get here they only tell you not to come if nothing has fertilised. Anxious and worried. Will let you know the outcome asap xxx

Well we have 3 embies... One top class grade one and one grade 2 which have both been transferred now and she said they look really really good! The third one she said was slow but they would check tomorrow to see if we could freeze it but not to hold out much hope as they had to be really good to freeze.

I am really mad with OH Because he wouldn't stop drinking or smoking or drinking alcohol cos he is a selfish pig and that's probably affected our fertilisation now. idiot.

Well we have 3 embies... One top class grade one and one grade 2 which have both been transferred now and she said they look really really good! The third one she said was slow but they would check tomorrow to see if we could freeze it but not to hold out much hope as they had to be really good to freeze.

I am really mad with OH Because he wouldn't stop drinking or smoking or drinking caffeine all the things that caused his bad sperm quality cos he is a selfish pig and that's probably affected our fertilisation now. idiot.

Sammy - Congrats on being PUPO! You get yourself home and take it easy now!

Is that our first confirmed one??

Called the clinic, even though i wasnt meant too but im a wreck!! Im looking at a day 3 transfer as i dont now meet the criteria to make it to 5 days but im not too bothered as
"2 are looking very good" and 2 are a bit slower. So im booked in for 7.45am Sat!

Sammy - Congrats on being PUPO! You get yourself home and take it easy now!

Is that our first confirmed one??

Called the clinic, even though i wasnt meant too but im a wreck!! Im looking at a day 3 transfer as i dont now meet the criteria to make it to 5 days but im not too bothered as
"2 are looking very good" and 2 are a bit slower. So im booked in for 7.45am Sat!

Thanks Angel... im home. I am a little teary but pleased that ther two embies that were put back in were really good graded. I think these are the same grades as last time when we got BFP - although that doesnt mean that we will get one this time!!!!

I asked her about the quality of my eggs and she said that it was impossible to tell just by looking at them but the grading of the embies reflects on how good they are so she said they must be good otherwise i would not have got Garde 1 and Grade 2. I dont know what will happen to the third one.... we will receive a letter in the post to tell us whether it made it to a snow baby!

Thank god we got two good ones though, it could have been worse! :happydance:

Well, its a pretty emotional time - somehow you feel attached to them all! I hate to think what happens to the ones which dont get used! Anyway, not the time to dwell on that - yours have the best possible chance so look after them!
Quality not quantity!!!

I leave in 15 minutes to go for the scan and I can't stop crying... I haven't really talked much about it on here but I am furious with my clinic (the one doc basically) and going back to the clinic feels very traumatic. It doesn't help that I also realized last night that I now have to pay $800 for the freezing of my embryos because they f'd up. And I have to pay another $2000 for a FET cycle, even thoough my ivf fee last time was supposed to cover a fresh transfer that never happened.

Cant blame you Blue - they really are taking the p***!

There has been a lot of talk in the UK about IVF and making money by exploiting people at there lowest point. Not sure if its the same in Canada but it sure sounds like it! I really hope things go well for you today and perhaps by moving on and having a better experience, you can at least try and put the bad stuff behind you!

I leave in 15 minutes to go for the scan and I can't stop crying... I haven't really talked much about it on here but I am furious with my clinic (the one doc basically) and going back to the clinic feels very traumatic. It doesn't help that I also realized last night that I now have to pay $800 for the freezing of my embryos because they f'd up. And I have to pay another $2000 for a FET cycle, even thoough my ivf fee last time was supposed to cover a fresh transfer that never happened.

Awww Hun... That's crap! How can they do that? It's really taking the piss! I'm at the dnd of the line with all this IVF rubbish. it's too emotional... I'm sick of it. It would be even worse if we had to pay like yourself. I hope scan goes well Hun. Xxx

Well, its a pretty emotional time - somehow you feel attached to them all! I hate to think what happens to the ones which dont get used! Anyway, not the time to dwell on that - yours have the best possible chance so look after them!
Quality not quantity!!!

I know... I feel very upset today. But I have to be thankful that we got at least two great embies and the doctor said the better they are the better chance of pregnancy (although that does not mean that worse quality ones won't stick!)

We have the best chance possible like you say so for this transfer that's great and there is nothing more I can do now.... But wait! Ho hum xxxx

OK yesterday we were told 4 had definitley fertilised and one was a maybe. When we got there today they said that the 'maybe' was now a definitely, so 5 embies over all. 3 and grade 2 and 2 at grade 3. One was more developed than the others - that one had divided into 5 cells but the rest were only 4 cells. But, the 5 cell was a grade 3. So, they have transferred 2: the grade 3 (5 cell) and a grade 2 with 4 cells.
Feel a bit at a loss now .... surely there must be something I can do to help them implant!! lol

Sammy fingers crossed for you hon. (((big hugs)))

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->