• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Yeah it does thanks hun O:)

Alos we got our bloods done Monday (Hep B and C and HIV etc.) how long should we expect to wait until we get our next appointment? I'm hoping it is within three weeks so we can use my Decemeber cycle O:)

:kiss:

Alos we got our bloods done Monday (Hep B and C and HIV etc.) how long should we expect to wait until we get our next appointment? I'm hoping it is within three weeks so we can use my Decemeber cycle O:)

It only takes a few weeks to get bloods back, We had to wait a while coz my OH had a sample done at the same time and we had to wait about 6 weeks for that appointment but my bloods were back in a week. The only thing you need to consider is if you start on Dec period and your baseline scan falls over Xmas when they are closed they might tell you to wait till Jan xxx

It only takes a few weeks to get bloods back, We had to wait a while coz my OH had a sample done at the same time and we had to wait about 6 weeks for that appointment but my bloods were back in a week. The only thing you need to consider is if you start on Dec period and your baseline scan falls over Xmas when they are closed they might tell you to wait till Jan xxx

Really? :(

I worked it out that EC would be a few days after christmas.

:flower:

You would have to see the hospital coz with Xmas being on Saturday the Monday and Tuesday are classed as a bank Holiday so I doubt they will do any treatment then. I'm going on my December period which means I won't start injections until the end of December for about 4 1/2 weeks and then transfer will be the end of Jan beginning of Feb. I wanted to go earlier but the consultant advised to wait till after Xmas coz it would be too stressful over Xmas XXX

Hi girls.
Read that the LWH has just expanded the hewitt centre with another wing, so hoping that means that cuts are unlikely in the liverpool pct, or why waste the money??
Just pray i manage to get on the list dec/jan and can start by spring.
How long did u all wait before starting treatment? xxx

We didn't have to wait hun coz we are private but my friend was put on the list in about July had her information evening in August and she started her down regs this Month so I think it's pretty quick. How are you hun Hope you are well, Fingers crossed 2011 will be a good year for all of us xxx

Hello lovely ladys

Sorry haven't posted in a while , lifes been hetic with being back at work :(

Saw Mr Kingsland yesterday and am starting treatment again as soon as my period comes....
Going back on long protocol :( but with 3 amples instead of 2 with the hope I may produce more eggs this time.

Pct funding was discussed and he seemed very concerned that 90% of his business comes from pct nhs work. He spoke about how they had invested so much money into the Hewitt centre and suspected further pct cuts are putting their development at risk..... I felt quite bad for him as it's just not us who is effected by the nasty pct cuts.
My pct is reviewing in November, so I am happy we have made it to our 2nd go in time....gutted for all those women who haven't :(

We did get a private cost of £4000 for any future cycles we have after this last nhs go.,,

Is anybody going to the infertility show at Olympia London? It looks gd
Hopefully we can afford to go.

How are you all anyhow?

Hugs
Nat x

Hello lovely ladys

Sorry haven't posted in a while , lifes been hetic with being back at work :(

Saw Mr Kingsland yesterday and am starting treatment again as soon as my period comes....
Going back on long protocol :( but with 3 amples instead of 2 with the hope I may produce more eggs this time.

Pct funding was discussed and he seemed very concerned that 90% of his business comes from pct nhs work. He spoke about how they had invested so much money into the Hewitt centre and suspected further pct cuts are putting their development at risk..... I felt quite bad for him as it's just not us who is effected by the nasty pct cuts.
My pct is reviewing in November, so I am happy we have made it to our 2nd go in time....gutted for all those women who haven't :(

We did get a private cost of £4000 for any future cycles we have after this last nhs go.,,

Is anybody going to the infertility show at Olympia London? It looks gd
Hopefully we can afford to go.

How are you all anyhow?

Hugs
Nat x

Hi Nat nice too see you back, I think it's good to have a break from here especially after what you've been through sometimes reading about other people's treatment can be really upsetting it was for me anyway !!
I'm jumping back on the IVF rollercoaster in December so probably won't have transfer until late January. I'm looking forward to starting but aprehensive about what might (or might not) happen but God loves a trier as they say xxx

Hi girls :-0)

Nat, wishing u all the luck hun. Is ur pct manchester then? im so scared of cuts with this pct. dont think i could stand anymore sadness and i would be devastated.

Bugs, wishing u all the luck too :)

Pray i can shift this weight and get on the list at least so we can start 2011 with hope xxx

Africa queen: hello Hun, been wondering how you have been getting on. I am under central Lancashire pct.
So where you up to in your plans?
Hugs
Nat x

Hi Nat nice too see you back, I think it's good to have a break from here especially after what you've been through sometimes reading about other people's treatment can be really upsetting it was for me anyway !!
I'm jumping back on the IVF rollercoaster in December so probably won't have transfer until late January. I'm looking forward to starting but aprehensive about what might (or might not) happen but God loves a trier as they say xxx

Hello Hun

How are you feeling? December is nearly here Hun, you gone through your treatment plan yet?
Wishing you all the luck in the world
Keep me updated Hun
Hugs
Nat x

Hello everyone

Hope your all well and treatment is going tonplan for you all.

As for me I have started my 2nd cycle., tomorrow is my baseline scan so hoping it all goes well.
Keep you all updated

Hugs
Nat x

Africa queen: hello Hun, been wondering how you have been getting on. I am under central Lancashire pct.
So where you up to in your plans?
Hugs
Nat x

Hi Nat :)

Well we are nowhere with our plans... i have been working 7 days a wk as we are having money worries and i have been referred for oral surgery as the bone in my top gum has rotted due to root canal treatment so i need a op to have it removed in the new year, so been comfort eating and only lost 1lb in wks :-( i am feeling quite down about the whole ivf now as it feels so out of reach... i am starting to feel like i will never get pregnant again.
I am back on plan as frm today but feel i have a mountain to climb :-(

I am glad you are having your ivf cycle and i pray your scan goes well. Keep me updated.

How is everyone else doing? also wondering if anyone that is having/due to have treatment at LWH would like to meet up in the new year?
I badly need some support as im feeling alone with my emptiness right now. dh tries but he just cant understand the overwhelming emotion i have to be pregnant again and to actually have a baby in my womb next time around xxx

Aw sweet

So good to hear from you. I am really sorry that things are not going to plan. Really sorry haven't posted on here for a while , I tend not to come on alot but please feel free to add me on facebook "Natalie Jobson, there is about 6 Natalie Jobsons my icon picture is of a tin doll with flowers lol.

I can't believe your working 7 days a week omg you must be knackard.. I will be doing that soon as we are having financial problems too :-(

As for the weight issue Hun, I have been there and I feel for you so much sweet..... I am falling off the weightloss band wagon myself

Ouch ouch ouch your poorly gum isn't good Hun, so hope they sort it soon sweet.

Well my scan didn't go to plan at all, they won't start my next stage of ivf until my womb thins out and I am having the longest period too.
I have to wait until another scan is done on Thursday to see if they are gonna continue treatment or abandon cycle

Feeling so fed up today, anyway on a good note my SIL told me Liverpool pct isn't in debt like the other pct's so it's highly unlikely that Liverpool will stop ivf funding.... I have my fingers crossed because I am sure you said you come under Liverpool pct.

Anyway you hang in there Hun, we will have our babys in our arms with lots of effort
Hugs
Nat x

Nat, we most deffo will have our babies no matter what it takes ;-)
I am back on my diet now as i renewed determination and will do anything to meet our baby that is waiting in the wings :)
I have PM'd u hun cos cnt find u on fb. lol xxx

Hi ladies nice to hear from you both, Africa Queen sorry your going through a bad time I think it happens to us all. I've been trying to limit my time on here there has been a lot of positive's lately which is great coz it shows IVF really works but i'm a selfish cow and I want it to work for me !!!

I think sometimes you need a break from it all my OH said I was becoming a babyzilla !!!
Natp sorry your scan didn't go to plan I'm sure it will all get back on track at your next scan xxx

AFM I've got to ring the hospital on my December period so will probably start down regs right on top of Xmas but I suppose it's a good distraction so not such a bad thing. I have started my acupuncture aswell so it's like seeing a therapist so that makes me feel much better, I'll keep everyone updated XXXXX

Good to hear from u bugs :)

I wish u tons of luck with ur next cycle ;-)

Yeah i was going through a phase of feeling very sorry for myself but i have decided to stop dwelling on what has happened to me and concentrate on the job in hand... getting pregnant. I find the festive period hard going but i am keeping in my mind that hopefully i will be pregnant by next xmas. xxx

Thats all you can do hun or you'll drive yourself mad, Look at the things you can do this Xmas like get really pissed and wear ridiculously high shoes. My Xmas night out in work out of 21 people there will be 4 preggers ones so i'm gonna drink their share of the wine :wine:

I tell you what I have found really difficult a friend from work has just had her 1st cycle of IVF and it worked 1st time she has unexplained Infertilty and as much as I am delighted for her it was really hard to take in. I think if she'd have got pregnant naturally it wouldn't have bothered me that much.

So I do hope you are feeling better it does get easier and that 1st cycle will start before you know it, Enjoy the time you've got coz once your a mum as wonderful as it will be you'll crave for these moments of peace and quiet xxxx

Yeah thats my way of thinking for now to save my sanity.lol.
I am thinking of all the xmas do's and get togethers and the drink and the pleasing myself what i do, in the hope that next yr i wont get to do all that ;-)

Glad ur ok. Where in merseyside are u? i am thinking of arranging a met up in the new year with a few of the girls from here... maybe go for a meal and drinks etc xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->