• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

hello ladies

longtobeamum - welcome to the thread hun and good luck with your weight loss xxx

Bugs - thats one thing i didnt like. just be glad its winter. i had hot flushes during my first cycle in june 09 and the weather was lovely and hot omg my friend said i looked like a tomato i was that red when a hot flush came over me. that was one thing i was glad you didnt get on short protocol. xxx

Natp - how are you hun?? xxx

Africaqueen - how are you hun? xxx

well nothing to report from me im just waiting. 3 weeks till AF due fingers crossed shes on time.

:dust::dust:

Hi Wrighty :)

I am ok ta. Still feel a million miles away from starting IVF but doing all i can health wise to get on that list asap! Sticking to my diet and quit smoking and started on the wii fit so all systems go from my end. Just need to get that bmi to 30 and i can go GP and be referred to the LWH at looong last. Feels a long way for us at the moment but we will get there :)

Best of luck with your next cycle! xxx

Ha ha I know what you mean my last cycle was summer too so I constantly had a fan going in work. It's not too bad during the day it's the night sweats that are killing me, Oh well it's not for long and hopefully it will all be worth it in the end. I've just ordered the Zita West relaxation CD for before and after transfer so i'll let you know what it's like, My acupuncturist used it after my last transfer and there are 10 steps I got to step 5 before I was snoozing and as she said you don't get more relaxed than that so thought I'd give it a try to use before aswell xxxx

Has anyone done a IVF or ICSI Journal that they wouldn't mind me reading? I know people do journals on this site, but I just can't find them :dohh:

xxx

hiya longtobeamum! ive got a journel called waiting for ivf x, if u wanna have a look hun! x

Thanks Laura, have had a read :) looking forward to stalking you now if you don't mind :blush:

I've had an appointment today for a scan to see if a cyst I had on my ovary has gone, and it has :D Got another appointment in July now to see if I have lost enough weight to be referred, I'm on a mission now :happydance:

hehe no hun dnt mind u stalking me lol!! :)
awwww thats brill news hun that ur cyst has gone!!! i wish u the best of luck wiv ur weight loss!!!!! believe me if i can lose weight anyone can im a lazy ass at times lol!! xx

Hiya Longtobeamum, I haven't got a journal but I will post what happens in this cycle on here. Good Luck getting on that list once your on it You pretty much get treated straight away. Not that I got much use out of it we had to pay coz OH has kids already. Had my acupuncture tonight and she gave me a few stabs for my night sweats so fingers crossed I will get a good night sleep tonight. Just under 2 weeks to go till I start stimms Scary !!!!

Thanks Bugs. Like I said before, I'm on a mission to lose the weight now. I'm quite excited, although I'm sure my mood will change to 'crapping my pants' when it comes close to starting. Not good that you have to pay, but I suppose it will be worth it when you get your sticky :bfp:

xx:flower:xx

hi everyone, im goin lwh to start my menapur injections on monday and not sure what to expect!! im excited but a lil scared at the same time. can anyone give me any insight into side affects etc! thanx xx

wish u all BFP for 2011! xx :)

Hi ladies :)

Good luck bugs and laura!! Wishing u all the best x

longtobeamum- dont forget to pop into our diet support thread hun. Hows it going? I was bad last nite but im trying my best with the stress im under and its day 9 off the cigs so im proud of that :) It feels like forever intill we even get referred at the moment. Im feeling impatient and dh is being bugger all support :-( xxx

Hi Africa Queen well done for kicking the cigs your lining of your womb sure will thank you for it, Keep your chin up I'm sure you'll hit your target weight in no time xxxx

Hi Laura25, Good Luck with your stimms to be honest from what I can remember I was fine when I was on the stimms you just start to feel a bit bloated towards the end it's the downregs which are a killer xxxx

hi all!
been to liverpool womans today to start my first injections. I was kinda nervous but was ok once we got called in, for sum reason i thought id be starting with manopur injections today doh!!! but i was wrong! hehe you can tell this is my first cycle i dnt have a clue :) lol, instead i gave my self my first buserelin injection, wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, just hope i dont start getting the menapausel side affects as the weeks go on hehe!

hope ur all well and wishing u lots of baby dust xxxxxxx

Don't worry hun my one bad thing I have to say about the Women's is they are rubbish at telling you what to expect and what will happen next !!!

Are you on the long protocol then, If you are you should be on the buserelin for about 3 weeks and then start stimms. We are pretty close together I've been on the buserelin for 2 weeks now. Expect hot flushes and headaches thats what I got both times around xxxxx

hiya bugs, yeah think im on um for about 3 weeks hun that sounds about right hehe! i cant remember everything the nurse said to me today but she was goin thru all the meds and what will happen next, so been reading thru my lil book that she gave me that i have to log down all my injections in, so its abit more clearer now hehe! not realy looking forward to hot flushes and headaches!! but hey ho, it has to be done xxxx
baby dust to all Xxxxx

Laura- u must be so glad to get started! i actually never thought i would be sooo looking forward to injecting myself every day! haha. Cnt wait to shift this weight and get referred nw so i can update my progress here too instead of just being a bystander :-(

Good luck to u too Bugs. How r u feeling? xxx

Hi Africa Queen glad to hear you've got that motivation back you'll be posting aout your mood swing and purple stomach before you know it !!!

AFM the injections are going fine I'm just full of cold at the min and I've convinced myself i've got swine flu as I can't seem to shift it, But I can't tell if I've got a temperature or if it's a hot flush !!! I'm terrified to go the doctors incase they say I have and I have to stop this cycle so I've locked myself in the house and am praying it goes away !!!!

Bugs- Hope its a side effect and that u are feeling ok x

Yep roll on the bloated stomick and mood swings! well the mood swings will be nowt new.... haha xxx

Hi Ladies, I know this question is a bit premmature, seein as I'm a long way (hopefully 6 months) off being pregnant, but I was just wondering, can you choose what hospital you can give birth in?

xxx

Hi longtobeamum I think it depends on your address, I have purposely stayed at the doctors by my mums in Aintree so I can go to the womens coz I live nearer Whiston and I don't want to go there xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->