IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi Guy's,
I'm new on here but would like to share my woes!!!!
My hubby and I started our IVF treatment on the 1st Nov, Yesterday I had my EG and was pleases to know they retrieved 8 eggs.............got phone call this morning to say that none of the eggs fertilized:cry::cry:
They mentioned that the sperm were not "banging" into the eggs and now they have suggested ICSI!!! I'm willing to try anything but just wondered if any one else had a similar experience????

Hi Guy's,
I'm new on here but would like to share my woes!!!!
My hubby and I started our IVF treatment on the 1st Nov, Yesterday I had my EG and was pleases to know they retrieved 8 eggs.............got phone call this morning to say that none of the eggs fertilized:cry::cry:
They mentioned that the sperm were not "banging" into the eggs and now they have suggested ICSI!!! I'm willing to try anything but just wondered if any one else had a similar experience????

Hi and welcome hun.
I am so sorry that none of your eggs fertilized:hugs:
I am yet to have IVF but we will be having our 1st cycle next yr.
I think now they know there is a issue they may do assisted hatching or ICSI for you and then u will have a much better chance on your next cycle.
I know how devastated u must feel but just keep ur eye on the "prize" and we will get there eventually and be all the more thankful after all we have suffered to become mothers xxx

HI ladies hope everyone is well, Miss Possitive sorry about your cycle I think the 1st go is always a bit of a guessing game so you'll be so much more prepared next time and so will the hospital xxxx

AFM AF blessed me with her presence today so i've got to ring tomorrow to sort out appointments, i'm just concerned that coz they close down over Xmas people who were due to start last month will be starting this month they better not tell me I have to wait till Jan after i've just waited 4 months but hopefully i'll be starting down regs on the 28th Dec xxxx

Good luck for Jan Bugs! i wish u sooo much luck for the new yr.
I am thinking il hit the right bmi by end of feb an go on list then so pray we get our 1st cycle underway before the summer... what u think?

I have stalled on the diet really so back to basics tomorrow as i need to get on that list. I am so looking forward to the new year, but got a lot of stress at the moment with my mum having tests etc as she is losing her speech and has lumps on her throat so been comfort eating, but it stops now. Im getting beyond desperate to be preggo now xxx

Hi Africa Queen Sorry to hear about your mum, It's so hard to stick to anything when there is so much going on but you've got such a worthwhile goal ahead so stick with it, As for getting on the list my friend in work as soon as they had all their results back they had started treatment within about 2 months so I think it does happen really quick xx I spoke to the hospital today and start downregs on the 28th yay I texted my mum to tell her and she said Here we go again !!!

Hi Africa Queen Sorry to hear about your mum, It's so hard to stick to anything when there is so much going on but you've got such a worthwhile goal ahead so stick with it, As for getting on the list my friend in work as soon as they had all their results back they had started treatment within about 2 months so I think it does happen really quick xx I spoke to the hospital today and start downregs on the 28th yay I texted my mum to tell her and she said Here we go again !!!

Well i am made up for u!:happydance: I think mothers are scared of us getting hurt etc so thats why the attitude appears not great... my mum does not show much intrest an looks worried when i mention ivf... i think she cnt bare to see me any more sad next yr tbh xx

Well i am made up for u!:happydance: I think mothers are scared of us getting hurt etc so thats why the attitude appears not great... my mum does not show much intrest an looks worried when i mention ivf... i think she cnt bare to see me any more sad next yr tbh xx

I know what you mean I think it was just coz she was so involved last time and she was with me for the ectopic and then again when I got rushed to hospital so she really did go through it with me. I think you get that wrapped up in yourself you don't realise how much it affects the closest people around you aswell. But i'll keep you updated with how I get on, I'm not joining another forum coz I think it can be a bit stressful when other people are going at the same time coz if someone gets more eggs you stress and then if someone's got a better graded embryo you stress some more so I'm just gonna stick around here XXXX

Girls thanx for your replies!! Well straight after I posted my thread I got a call from the hospital and they informed me that ONE of the eggs had shown signs of Fertilization!!!! We could not believe it, I had my ET last saturday so I'm half way through my 2ww! It's starting to do my head in a bit now but I have to remain positive. Good luck to you both!x

Girls thanx for your replies!! Well straight after I posted my thread I got a call from the hospital and they informed me that ONE of the eggs had shown signs of Fertilization!!!! We could not believe it, I had my ET last saturday so I'm half way through my 2ww! It's starting to do my head in a bit now but I have to remain positive. Good luck to you both!x

Sending u a TON of sticky vibes! keep us updated hun xxx

hello ladies

hope you all had a good christmas

natp - how is everything with you hun fxed you get you BFP this time hun xx

bugs - omg hun bet your excited to get started good luck xx

africanqueen - how are you hun. have you got any dates yet? xx

ms positive - so sorry about your cycle hun. fxed now they know you need ICSI you will get you BFP nxt cycle xxx

AFM - well AF arrived yesterday so need to ring them to arrange my FET but of course we had to have 2 bank holidays this week. hope they are open on wednesday. want to get this FET out the way as hubby has to go into hospital in feb for about 3 weeks so would hate for him to miss coming with my for the transfer

:hug: :dust: to all xxxxxxxxx

hello ladies

hope you all had a good christmas

natp - how is everything with you hun fxed you get you BFP this time hun xx

bugs - omg hun bet your excited to get started good luck xx

africanqueen - how are you hun. have you got any dates yet? xx

ms positive - so sorry about your cycle hun. fxed now they know you need ICSI you will get you BFP nxt cycle xxx

AFM - well AF arrived yesterday so need to ring them to arrange my FET but of course we had to have 2 bank holidays this week. hope they are open on wednesday. want to get this FET out the way as hubby has to go into hospital in feb for about 3 weeks so would hate for him to miss coming with my for the transfer

:hug: :dust: to all xxxxxxxxx

Hi Wrighty well i started my injections on the 28th so I think i'll be looking at transfer towards the end of Jan ish, I feel a lot more nervous this time even though I know what to expect I think because it worked last time I'm terrified that i'll just get a BFN but trying to keep positive. Good Luck with your FET I haven't joined any other threads but i'll keep everyone updated on this one !!!

On a happy note my friend has just had her 1st cycle at the Women's and is expecting twins so they must be doing something right !!!

Hi to everyone else hope everyone had a lovely XMAS and 2011 will be our year xxxxxx

Hi ladies, hope u all survived christmas? I got thru it with only a few tears shed so better than i expected :)

Wrighty- I have no dates yet as i have to lose over 2 stones before they will even refer me. I am thinking i will of managed that by mid march latest, so hoping we will start treatment in may/june?

Bugs- good luck with ur forthcoming cycle!

Good luck to us all for 2011. I pray its the year some of us become mummies and some of us get pregnant and that xmas 2011 will be one of pure joy.
Best wishes for the new year and much health and happiness to us all xxx

Hello Lovely Ladys

so ssorry havent posted in this section for ages. I am gonna catch up on all your news in a mo and reply.

I got my BFP on Monday after having 2 embies transsferred on the 17th Dec. I am happy but scared,really scarred of another MC.
I got 14 eggs,8 fertilised but only 2 made it so no frosties. Very scared if this iccle bean or beans dont stay as we have no more nhs funded cycles left

I am hoping your all well and sending you all buckets of baby dust

hugs
nat x

Hello Lovely Ladys

so ssorry havent posted in this section for ages. I am gonna catch up on all your news in a mo and reply.

I got my BFP on Monday after having 2 embies transsferred on the 17th Dec. I am happy but scared,really scarred of another MC.
I got 14 eggs,8 fertilised but only 2 made it so no frosties. Very scared if this iccle bean or beans dont stay as we have no more nhs funded cycles left

I am hoping your all well and sending you all buckets of baby dust

hugs
nat x

congrats hun hope your taking things easy xx

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let this be the year of the BFP!! xxxxxxxxxxx

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE hope everyone had a good night and wish you all the best for 2011.

Bugs - how are you getting on. hope your not having to many side effects. when is your first baseline scan?

Africaqueen - good luck with the weight loss hun. im sure with the thought of a BFP at the end of it all will spur you on even more xxx

Natp - how are you feeling hun? are you having symptoms yet? do you have a date for you scan yet? xxxx

AFM - well ladies ive just missed out on having FET in Jan as the embryology dept is closed til the 10th for decontamination and im due to ov a few days before which means i will being going alone to have it in february as hubby wont be here. i am gutted but just want to get it out the way as it will be our last chance.

Happy New Year ladies xxxx
Natp that is fantastic news congratulations hun what an amazing start to 2011 the start of lot's of BFP's for 2011.

I'm doing OK Wrighty I've got my baseline scan on the 18th, Probably had a few too many drinks last night but I thought sod it i'm not going to be too neurotic this time but the bloody hot flushes have come with a vengance today so not the best time to be hungover but oh well !!!!

Hi ladies. Hope you don't mind me joining in :blush:

I'm currently losing weight to go on the waiting list for, I think, ICSI. If not, it will be IVF.

Spent last night having a good read through this thread, all the strength and courage you all seem to have is just amazing. I have found some of it a bit confusing though, but to be honest, that's nothing new :wacko:
There was one lady that recommended the IVF book though which I am gonna go out and buy, think it was AfricanQueen? Whoever it was though, thanks for the tip.

So, a bit about us....
I am 24, he his 30. We've been TTC for 5 years now. We were young when we started TTC but once we found out I have PCOS, we knew it would be a long road and we were keen to get started. I have had 6 months on clomid, with one miscarriage and one ectopic. After a nightmare with his semen analysis, it's looking like he has low motility too, which we are only just finding out about, getting the final results next week hopefully.

Then as soon as I have lost the extra weight, we should be on the list. :thumbup:

Wishing you all luck and sticky bfp's

Take care, Vicky xxxx

Hi ladies. Hope you don't mind me joining in :blush:

I'm currently losing weight to go on the waiting list for, I think, ICSI. If not, it will be IVF.

Spent last night having a good read through this thread, all the strength and courage you all seem to have is just amazing. I have found some of it a bit confusing though, but to be honest, that's nothing new :wacko:
There was one lady that recommended the IVF book though which I am gonna go out and buy, think it was AfricanQueen? Whoever it was though, thanks for the tip.

So, a bit about us....
I am 24, he his 30. We've been TTC for 5 years now. We were young when we started TTC but once we found out I have PCOS, we knew it would be a long road and we were keen to get started. I have had 6 months on clomid, with one miscarriage and one ectopic. After a nightmare with his semen analysis, it's looking like he has low motility too, which we are only just finding out about, getting the final results next week hopefully.

Then as soon as I have lost the extra weight, we should be on the list. :thumbup:

Wishing you all luck and sticky bfp's

Take care, Vicky xxxx

Welcome :)

I am also in the process of losing weight to get on the IVF list. I have started a thread in diet and fitness for all us ladies losing weight for fertility reasons, so please join us... https://www.babyandbump.com/dieting...94816-dieting-fertility-reasons-thread-4.html

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->