IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi girls I don't post very often I think I must be more of a reader! Can anyone clarify what I do for my day 9/10 scan? At the risk of sounding a complete bozo, I have called them but you know their phones......:shrug:

They said to bring my Follistim with me, which is my last dose. Does that definately mean I don't inject it in the morning then? (I always inject at 09:00) Nor my Buserelin? I don't want to turn up and have done the wrong thing :blush:

Thanks in advance

Hi Lozmo if the follistim is your trigger shot you have to inject that 36 hours before egg collection the nurse will tell you exactly what time. It is normally in the evening, you will take your buserelin injection at the same time as usual. Don't know why they've asked you to take it in with you though xxx

Hi everyone

Hope you're all well.

I have just had my baseline scan and the lining is thin so i can start my stimms tomorrow. I have to go back to the clinic tomorrow as i have developed a cyst on my left ovary so they have to drain that first before i can start the stims. Has that happened to anyone else before? they said it could have been the meds and they are seeing it more and more so fingers crossed its easy and not too painful. They said they would give me gas and air as its only a two second job. Hope everyone else is well.

Lianne hows the injections going?

Sarah, hope work is going ok.

Jasmeen hope you are feeling better

Hi to everyone else.

:flower:

Thanks Bugs and AQ

I'm on Follistim, Buserelin and Ovitrelle trigger, I've been trying and trying to get through, will keep trying today :wacko: I'm pretty sure they said bring it with me to scan, I can't quite remember because DH was going on about if he could still make some work trip abroad (which I said ages ago that he couldn't!!) and now I'm worried they think we're not serious about IVF :blush: Men! They just have to hear it from the horses mouth.

I was wondering why everyone else seems to be on Menopur and I'm on Follistim?!

Having a negative day when reading statistics of 1 in 4 working...and it more likely to fail than work :huh:

Babies- Good luck for tomorrow. Will gas and air be adequate? as it will involve a needle thru the ovary to suction the cyst wont it? hope its painless for you x

Lozmo- No point getting bogged down with statistics hun, as what will be will be. If it works first time you are very lucky as most women need 2-3 cycles so dont lose hope if your not 1st time lucky and look at it as a course of treatment rather than a one off x

Hi to everyone else. x

AFM- I started taking my maca root tabs today :) off to get a nice hot bath with a glass of wine an then im gonna settle down an watch the soaps an wait for dh to get home. He's been at work since sun and iv really missed him xxx

Hey ladies!!!! :hi:

hows everyone and what is Maca AQ???

I have been plodding along and just wanna get to the 12th dec so i can ask all my questions. I am sure the second half of my cycle is a biggy for me as it is naturally fairly short and i think that is why my period started before my test date which means that i could have a problem with implantation! grrrrrrrr.
Any thorts ladies???
I am also still waiting to ovulate after the IVF. I thort my cycle would have gone strate back to normal. has anyone experienced this before??

baby dust and hugs to all

xxxxxxxx

Thanks i hope so too, i must admit i am nervous about just the gas and air but the nurse said as its only one that unless i absolutely insisted they would just use the gas and air. So im hoping that its gonna be ok, dh is coming with me which im so relieved about as he couldnt get the time off to come today so that makes all the difference. Im just so happy that they will let me start stimming tomorrow as from what the nurse said thats not always the case. Fingers crossed it goes well. :flower:

Babies- Good luck for tomorrow. Will gas and air be adequate? as it will involve a needle thru the ovary to suction the cyst wont it? hope its painless for you x

Lozmo- No point getting bogged down with statistics hun, as what will be will be. If it works first time you are very lucky as most women need 2-3 cycles so dont lose hope if your not 1st time lucky and look at it as a course of treatment rather than a one off x

Hi to everyone else. x

AFM- I started taking my maca root tabs today :) off to get a nice hot bath with a glass of wine an then im gonna settle down an watch the soaps an wait for dh to get home. He's been at work since sun and iv really missed him xxx

hey ladies, im sorry to hear about the BFN's recently. you'll all get ur baby's soon enough, dont give up hope.
Hope everyone is ok, you ladies with bumps i hope their growing nicely.
Riley is 3 weeks old now and i couldnt imagine life without him, for something that sleeps so much i dont have enough time to do anything lol. im breast feeding which is just amazing, a bond between me and him that no one else could possily have.

Africa im glad my threads give u all hope,it can be done just such a roller coaster to get here.

Ill keep popping on. everyone take care love to u all xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone hope you're all well.

Foxey, cant believe he is 3 weeks already, the time has gone sooo fast. I want to breastfeed too if i can, sooooo happy for u. :flower:

Jane, susie sue, laura hope you're all doing well and bumps are great.

Hi to everyone else.

Afm, had the cyst aspiration done, it went really well, met Mr Kingsland for the first time today, he did the procedure, he was really nice and i am starting stimming tonight. Fingers crossed those follies grow.

Hugs to all :flower:

Great news babies lots of :dust: comming your way

Hope everyone else is well - little quiet on here lately think everyone is waiting for appointments

AFM im back at LWH on the 12th December to attend Mr Aziz/Dr Lewis' clinic - hopefully this wont be a wasted trip like the last and i can make some progress.....roll on 2012 and all our :bfp:

Just a little update from me I had my review at care and they were very happy with my treatment went we just fell at the final hurdle. They have recommended that if we can afford to do a full cycle we should as we would really benefit from those extra few eggs so that's what we are going to do.

The bonus to going alone is that I won't need to down reg and will start Menopur on day 2 and just do stimms so a much shorter cycle and they are going to prescribe an extra injection to thin my blood and baby asprin to help avoid miscarriage so all good news. Looking forward to getting started again now.

Hope everyone is well xxxx

Babies- Ah im glad it well well today and you can carry on x

Bugs- Glad your appt went well x

Melbram- Not long till your appt. The 12th is our wedding anniversary :) x

Hi to everyone else x

AFM- Not much to report. Been working part time and doing my chores around the flat. Went shopping today and got a few more pressies for xmas. Just sat and cried my eyes out tho as the angel candle i ordered so we can light it for my mum on xmas day arrived and iv just looked at it and thought how sad this xmas is going to be. I will be pissed for most of it i think xxx

Thanks Melbram

I hope you get progress too as that was so unfair at your last appointment. Roll on our bfp's :flower:

Great news babies lots of :dust: comming your way

Hope everyone else is well - little quiet on here lately think everyone is waiting for appointments

AFM im back at LWH on the 12th December to attend Mr Aziz/Dr Lewis' clinic - hopefully this wont be a wasted trip like the last and i can make some progress.....roll on 2012 and all our :bfp:

Hi everyone

just thought i'd pop in and say hi and see how everyone was doing.

babies- i'm glad things seem to be going well for you. good luck for your down regulation.

nicjones - i think the same as you. i started my period a week before test day so think my second half is a mess. i've always said the same but all the doctors i've asked tell me its fine. i've started to take agnes castus as it is supposed to lengthen your luteal phase. i still haven't ovulated yet, three weeks after i started bleeding. they usually say it takes a couple of months to get back to normal. i had my cervix cautirised last week so we've got to avoid sex for four weeks so i haven't been tracking my cycle that closely. i haven't got my follow up appointment for another three and a half weeks.

africa- hope your doing okay.

hello to everyone else x x

Cvaeh- Ouch that sounds sore! why did you need that doing to your cervix...? I hope u are ok? I am doing ok as it goes thanks. Having sad days with missing my mum and xmas coming up. Some days i can cope with better than others. Its very hard and i had so hoped to be pregnant for xmas to help me cope but obviously that didnt happen so il get pissed instead xxx

Hi everyone

Hope you're all well.

Lianne, how are you getting on?

Hi to everyone else

I am on day 4 of stimming, noticed some bloating and a few twinges, hope the medicine is doing what it should.

Hugs to all.

hiya Isabella Im ok at the min thanks injections are going well got baseline on Wednesday so hope.everything is as it should be by then. how did you find the baseline is it painful or just uncomfortable? xxx glad your stimming is going well how long do you have to do it for? do you know when your first scan will be? xxx

Lanny- Internal scans are not painful at all. I have had about 10 and they are fine. GL xxx

Hi Lianne

The baseline scan is fine, doesnt hurt and they show you your womb on screen!! this will be my 5th day of stimming, i have a scan on friday to check its working :happydance: fingers crossed for both of us the medicine is doing its job. Have you got much bruising? my belly is black and blue, im just keeping everything crossed its working.

hiya Isabella Im ok at the min thanks injections are going well got baseline on Wednesday so hope.everything is as it should be by then. how did you find the baseline is it painful or just uncomfortable? xxx glad your stimming is going well how long do you have to do it for? do you know when your first scan will be? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->