IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Doing the needles on your own are not so bad, i have been doing all mine, I dont trust dh to do them. :wacko: Once you have done one you will be a pro

Hc rang and said i have to remain on buserelin for another week. Got to go in for another baseline scan on 8th so Sarah it looks like we may be pupo together for about a week.

Here come bfp 2012 :happydance:

MrsE- Fab news! so glad you have got started :) Love the PMA too. I am feeling bucket loads this time around. Hope the LP goes fast for you x

Yasmine- Yay to being pupo together for a wk! this time is our time- In'shallah x

AFM- I did my 1st jab myself! woooohooo! haha. It was a nightmare mixing the 6 amps of fostimon tho as my hands were shaking and i was getting worked up so dh started shouting telling me to get a grip which made matters worse :( so he took over an mixed an then i injected myself which was the easiest part! lol. Didnt feel a thing. I must have the right touch eh? had to double check the syringe to make sure all the liquid was gone as literally didnt feel a single thing so assumed id stuffed up! lol. Panic over with an feel better about it all now xxx

sarah- woop on doing ur first injection hun! theres nothing to it is there! i didnt realy like mixing all the amps but u get used to it hehe! i was nervous both time making sure there wasnt any left in it hehe!!! all systems go now hunny!!!!!!! :D

Good luck to all u girlies starting ur fresh cycles, wishing u all the best of luck and tonnes of PMA stay strong girlies and try and keep busy!! (helped me lots hehe)!!!!!! FX for ur lil miracles this time round!!!!!!!!!!! +++++++++++++++ xxx

Hi everyone

Haven't been on for a while, I just needed a break and as we have to wait till April for test results have tried to stay away a bit. I have an appointment with care next Wednesday to get a second opinion on things. They are giving me a 3d scan and Antral follicles count and then I have an appointment with a consultant to discuss results the same day. I'm so scared as we only ever get bad news at our appointments. I probably only have about one follicles or something. I suppose I should try and be more positive but there are only so many times I can be knocked.

Africa - glad your getting started again. Wish I could have been a cycle buddies with you again
. Good luck with your stimmingx

Babydust -lots of babydust x x

Hello everyone else

X x x x

Cvaeh- I wish we could of been cycle buds again too! Good luck with your appt at care and i hope they come up with a good plan of attack to get you your bfp! keep in touch and let us know how u get on xxx

cvaeh- Wishing u the best of luck wiv ur app at care hunny! keep ur pma up hun, u will get ur bfp very soon hun i just know u will!!

sending all u girlies tonnes of PMA!!! bring on ur BFPSSSSS!!!!!! ++++++++++++++ xxx

Hello girlies

Good luck Africa, Babydust and Mrs E75 - sending lots and lots of :dust: your way

Caveah - good luck with your appointment x

AFM: had forms to fill in for NHS funding today - so all completed and returned - any idea how long we will have to wait for a decision and to get PIE appointment?

Melbram- Glad things are moving forward for you at last. No idea on waiting time as regards funding decision as we just went for consult and were told yes you fit the criteria and yes there is funding as it was straight forward with our PCT. Good luck x

Hi to everyone else x

i managed to do all the mixing in less than 10 mins tonight! wooohoo. haha. The jab itself hurt tonight tho as im so exhausted(6 amps per night seems to be doing me in, im so tired) i didnt angle the jab as well as previous nights and it hurt a bit but nothing major. Glad iv got the art of mixing down at last! lol. Had a dull headache on and off all day in work and again now and i feel like im coming down with a cold/sore throat too :( just so run down i think. May take tomorrow off work if i still feel so crappy xxx

Melbram- Glad things are moving forward for you at last. No idea on waiting time as regards funding decision as we just went for consult and were told yes you fit the criteria and yes there is funding as it was straight forward with our PCT. Good luck x

I didnt expect to have the forms through as FS just said we would get 2 goes on NHS. I dont see there being a problem with funding as we have been trying for 2 years + diagnosed male factor - just hope they reply soon x

you'll soon be a pro at the jabs!

Yay Melbram for getting started soon. I only remember the white forms where you had to put photos on an say what you wanted to happen if u had spare embies etc, not sure about the others but after our initial consul it was a few weeks before we had pie invite, i did ring to chase it up an they told me the date over the phone then the letter came.
Hope its soon for u.

Aq. sorry u are feeling poorly, hope ur better soon.

Laura, sooooooo close now, cant wait to see baby Jessica pics.

Hi to everyone else. :flower:

Thanks Isabella.
Woke up at 6.30am for work and had bad headache again and was so tired, so called in sick. All these amps seem to be exhausting me! got a headache again now and feeling nauseas too. Just wiped out. Hoping this means the meds are doing their job! we shall soon find out tomorrow when i go for my scan. GROW FOLLIES GROW! haha xxx

sarah- as much as it feels crappy lol i think that its a good sign hun, i suffered wiv headaches quite often 2nd time round and feeling sick to! keep ur fluids up hunny! FX for good news soon :) xxx

Sorry to butt in but just found you !! I'm at lwc also. Just started my menopur last night. I feel exhausted today and odd cramping pains- is that normal? Has anybody had EC at the women's? I'm really worried about it.

Ooh thanks Laura hun! my side effects sound promising then huh? :) pray we get our bubs asap! how is Jessica bump doing?? x

Lindy- Welcome to the thread :) most of us have had 2 cycles of IVF at the womens. I had my first cycle last october. EC is seriously nothing to worry about. I was scared too as its fear of the unknown but EC is fab! the main thing is the fear that they wont get any eggs and last cycle we only got 2 after being on 3 amps of menopur which is a very poor response due to my low AMH level. They give you deep sedation for EC which puts you straight to sleep an when u wake up your all fresh and aware so completely different than a general. We call the Dr Ryan who gives the deep sedation 'sleepy juice man' as thats what he calls it an he is so lovely! really puts you at ease. When u wake up, you go in private room and have a cuppa an some biccies an once you have had a wee an come to properly the nurse tells you how many eggs they got an then you go home an wait till the fertility report the next morning which is nerve wrecking! lol x

AFM- Just did my 4th injection earlier and thats 24 amps of fostimon in 4 days now! no wonder iv got another headache! also getting lots more twinges tonight and feel shattered. Cant wait to see result of scan tomorrow and pray my follies are growing nicely xxx

hiya lindylou and welcome! :)

ive had two cycles at lwh and am now 37 weeks pregnant! :) dnt worry about EC hun! i know its scary at first but its not that bad, its over in no time, u get sedated so u dnt feel a thing, i just had like crampy period pains when i woke up but nothing paracetamol cant deal wiv hehe! make sure u drink lots of water whilst on menopur hun so u dnt overstimulate, i did a lil in my 2nd cycle and that makes u feel pretty crappy and achey! :) hope this helps hunny! and good luck wiv ur cycle! x

sarah- realy do think its a good sign hun, just make sure u drink lots hun so u dnt overstimulate! Grow follies grow!!!!!! woop!! haha!
me and Jesica bump are good, been having a few sharp pains in my right side over the last few days that have took my breath away hehe!! turns out there round ligament pain methinks they are anyway! lol wish it was labour starting off haha! :D xxx

Aww not long to go now hun! How many follicles did u have 2nd cycle an how many eggs collected? cant remember xxx

Thanks Africa queen and Laura25, and big congratulations laura25- it's great to hear good news!
I have just opened a bottle of water so will keep that going. I'm on 4amps of menopur. This is my first go so I'm on the long protocol but I'm shocked how it is flying by.... From what I've heard the 2ww won't!! I think the thing that scares me most about EC is the going to sleep. I have never had a general but the thought of being in somebody's hands with no control does scare me- guess that makes me a control freak ha ha!!!
Got my scan a week tomorrow so will try and focus on getting some really good eggs rather than the sedation! Just don't want to make a show of myself and start crying!

Thankyou so much for welcoming me and your advice.

Xxx

sarah- it was about 25 follies on right ovary and 14 on left!! and got 17 eggs! :) xxx

Lindy- I like to be in control too hence the reason i dont drink much. lol. I must admit though after all the injections and hurdles along the way i was relieved to be put asleep for 20 mins! lol. As soon as i woke up i said 'did you get any eggs' to the surgeon! ha. Yes the 2ww drags but iv heard the 3ww following a bfp- to first scan is the worst! never ending eh? x

Laura- Wow hun now i remember you got loads of follies! i dnt think il have near that amount with my low AMH and also the twinges arent that painful and if i had a bumper crop like that id be in agony wouldnt i? i think(and pray) that iv got around 8-10 which il be delighted with after just 4 follies last cycle an only 2 eggs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->