IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hey ladies, hope your all doing well.

Welcome lindylou, the ladies on this thread are absolutely fabulous. I really could not have got through my last cycle without them. I know it may sound weird but its true, my dh is useless when it comes to talking about all this and my friends and family dont fully understand. The girls on here have been a god send, u have come the right place.

Susie wow 31 weeks, that really has flown by.

Africaqueen good luck with scan on friday, GROW FOLLIES GROW!!!!

AFM - nothing new, got my baseline scan tomorrow, fx mylining has thinned and the cycts have eased off. I really dont think they have cuz iv been getting twinges esp on my right side, but we shall see tomorrow. Iv not been having a great time recently, my nan was diagnosed with womb cancer just after xmas and had a full hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. Sadly the cancer had spread to surrounding area and so will have to go through radiotherapy :cry: i need some of your PMA africaqueen.

On a brighter note a friend of mine (who never mentioned she went thru ivf but i found out accidently) gave birth to twins yesterday :oneofeach: she already has a 2 year old son and he is an ivf baby too. There is hope for us all

Hello Girls,

Hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread but I am now officially on the IVF train :happydance:

Little bit about me - Age 31, 3 miscarriages, 1 ectopic, no right tube / left fully blocked, AMH 0.00
Partner - Age 41, no fertility problems

Received my meds this morning :happydance: can't believe that there Is so much & one of the needles Is huge :-o Will be having our meds training on the 9th March & I will start DR on the 11th March on a long protocol, all a bit of a whirlwind but will be worth It In the end. The meds I had are as follows, would someone be so kind and explain what each one does? Thank you x

Suprecur 5.5ml, Fostimon 75iu, Ovitrelle 260mcg, Cyclogest 400mg

Sending you all :dust: & hope that all your dreams may come true x x x

Babydust- Lots of luck for your scan tomorrow. Really hope that the cysts are gone an you can get started stimming asap and lovely news about your friend! gives lots of hope. I am very sorry to hear your grandmother is suffering so much. Prayers are with her and your family x

Sharkey- Yay on getting started soon! dont worry about the huge needles as they are just mixing needles to draw meds up with, not for injecting ;-) the jabbing ones are tiny lil things and you can barely feel them. You will soon be a pro at it. The first one is always the worst nerves wise an then you get used of it. As regards what the different meds do...

Suprecur- Is a down regulation drug that you take from around cd23 and it supresses the ovaries (puts you through a menopausal state virtually) so the clinic can take full control of the cycle. You will continue taking this throughout cycle even when you start on your stimming drugs.

Fostimon- This is the stimming drug that stimulates the ovaries to produce some good follicles and you will usually start this after around 3wks of down regging and take this medication for around 10 days. Will be determinded by a scan to see how large the follies are and if they are the correct size they will tell you when to stop both lots of drugs and give you a exact time for your trigger shot and egg collection will be exactly 36hrs later.

Ovitrelle- This is the trigger shot, that is kept in the fridge intill needed You will take this at exact time clinic tells you and EC will be 36hrs later :)

Cyclogest- These are the 'bum bullets' or progesterone pessaries that you take for 2wks intill official test date to help support any pregnancy that may occur. You can insert them vaginally or rectally but i found back way much better as absorbs better that way.

Hope that helps a little and lots of luck for your cycle x

AFM- Did my 2nd cetrotide jab this morning an it never stung at all and no bumps cos took my time injecting it :) just 2 days till scan and pray my follies are growing nice an big and contain healthy eggies :) xxx

hello girlies hope ur all good, welcome to all the new girlies!!!!!!! good luck wiv ur cycles!! :D

babydust - realy sorry to hear a about ur nan hun! sending lots of hugs and prayers!!!
wishing u good luck wiv ur scan hunny, hope u get good news!!!

theres deffo hope hun, everyone will get there lil miracles eventually, especially when u least expect it hehe!!!!!!!!! i seriously could not believe it when i got my BFP!!! sending lots of PMA to u hunny!!!!! +++++ xxx

sarah- wishing u the best of luck to for ur scan on friday!! hope them follies are nice and fat and full of eggies!!!!! PMA ++++ xxx

AFM- went to see my midwife yesterday, Jessica has gone from free to fully engaged within a week woop!!! hopefully this lil miracle will arrive soon haha!!! i asked the midwife to guess how big she thinks she is, she said 8+ pounds hehe!! lil chunky madam xxx

Laura- Yaaay to Jessica being engaged! cannot wait to see her and see what weight she is! haha xxx

Oh African queen I'm so sorry. It is no surprise things didn't work for you last time. The grieving never stops but the pain dulls. Hopefully this time everything works as well and you get the right result. Did you say you are in on Friday for another scan?
I just wish I could get EC over with. I can handle the injections etc but have the dread still over that! I just keep thinking of hopefully gettin told I have some lovely eggs when I wake up:) I have been taking menopur since Saturday now and get an odd twinge but nothing else really other than buserilin side effects- is that normal?
Xxx

Thanks Lindy. I am still devastated but i am coping a lot better. Dreading mothers day though :( Yes im back at the hewitt for another scan on fri morning an will hopefully be told im ready for EC on the mon/tue please god. As regards EC please dont worry at all. You feel no pain at all and you are only asleep for around 15-20 mins an then wake up all refreshed and feeling fine ;-) I understand your fear as i was terrified too but it was needless honestly. You dont tend to get many side effects from standard dose of stimms unless you are developing OHSS so yep its normal just to get burserlin side effects. I was so grumpy and spotty etc on that drug im so glad im doing SP! lolxxx

Welcome Sharkey and Lindylou :flower:

Babydust: good luck with scan tomorrow - Im so sorry to hear about your nan :cry: :hugs:

Laura: your pregnancy seems to have flown by - lil Jessica will soon be in your arms :cloud9:

AFM: attended Hewitt today - not sure who I seen but he was quite hyper! lol He wasnt quite sure why I had the NHS application through the post because I get funding anyway?! PIE should be within the next month :happydance:

Im contemplating buying Zita West's book - Iv hear so much about her - just wondered whether you girlies think its worth getting?

Melbram- Im glad your appt went well. I assumed that would happen as you already know there is funding :) Did you see Mr Kingsland? is he a older gent with a tan and very excited? lol. As regards Zita's book i do like her positive thinking techniques and i bought her cd from ebay for relaxation during IVF cycle. Its for pre and post transfer and the 2ww. Have a look on ebay as lot cheaper x

Africa Queen, thank you for the very quick reply!! Very much appreciated :))).... Hope all goes well for your scan on Friday, will be keeping my fingers crossed for you (C'mon follies) x x x

Melbram, thank you :)) I've read the Zita West book, makes a fascinating read. Both me & my partner read It! I also got the relaxation CD's as Affrica just mentioned. Good luck with ur PIE, once that's out the way the ball will start to roll for you x x

AFM: The most thing I am dreading about all of this Is the EC, will there be any follicles or eggs with an AMH of 0.00. I suppose Ive just got to think positive otherwise It will get to stressful. I'm glad I've been doing acupuncture since end of November that seems to help me a bit x x x

Thanks baby dust. I'm so grateful for all the girls on here- nobody knows I'm going through IVF other than my mum... And hubby of course!! The advice I have been given is a godsend and helped so much but mostly just not feeling on my own. Having people who have been there and done it or just feel the same makes me feel not quite as mad :) So sorry about your nan- life as we know is never fair. Sending you luck for your scan and thinking of you with your nan.

Hi sharkey- I am pretty new to all this as well. This is my first cycle. I've just done my buserelin (down reg) and am now on my menopur( stimulating). I haven't found giving myself the injections bad. They are a very fine needle and if you inject slowly it only stings a little bit - they really don't hurt! I found the down reg just really tiring, the menopausal symptoms are ok- I just tried to keep thinking this all shows the injections are doing their job :)

African queen- thanks for that, I was worrying that the menopur wasn't doing its job because I haven't felt overly bloated and just a few twinges. Hopefully I will have EC next week so I can stop worrying- thanks for the reassurance, it makes me feel better hearing that from somebody who has been through it. There are so many difficult days to go through after losing somebody, sadly the pain now is a reflection of the love you have for them and that is a blessing. Xxxx sending you much love xxxx

Melbram- hi, I got a few books because I'm one of those people who needs as much information as possible!! I have found zita wests book really helpful because it understands how you feel starting ivf and I think it explains a lot about the treatment and about diet etc. hope that helps.

Good luck for scans tomorrow African queen and baby dust.

Sharkey- I understand your fear of getting no eggs. We went through that last time as cycle was almost cancelled due to such poor response but we got 2 eggs with my AMH of 2.5 and nurse said that its not always a true indicator for ppl. Some women are getting a lot of eggs with a low AMH. Im just unlucky im not one of them but 6 follies were growing at last scan so i am thinking positive. It only takes one egg and sperm to make our baby ;-) PMA PMA PMA x

Lindy- Thank you for the lovely words. I take it you have lost someone very close too as those words are straight from the heart. x

Babydust- Good luck for tomorrow's scan and i have everything crossed u can start stimms! i want us to be due around same time ;-) PMA x

Well girls i am shattered so off to bed an just tomorrow to go an then i can say its scan time and hopefully we will get good news xxx

Thanks for all the kind words about my nan. Much appreciated :flower:

Well.... Scan went ok... My lining is now 3.4 and so thin enough to start stims. :happydance: The cycts however are still there ( more on my left than my right) the doc said with the stimulation drugs they may turn into follicles with some healthy and mature eggs. [-o< im not totally convinced but i guess they know what they are doing, i start stimming on sat with my first scan on wednesday.

Good luck tomorrow Sarah

I forgot to mention that while i was watching This Morning they had a section on health tips and there was i little in ivf. Basically men need zinc and vitamin c to boost the sperm and stop it from clumping and women need vitamin e to help boost stimulation and create mature eggs.

https://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/vitamin-E.php

This is a webisite for vitamin e but you can get info on vitamin c and zinc from the same site.

Good luck and babydust to all

Yasmine- I am sooo glad your lining is thin enough to start stimms! yaaay. Your on your way now and the rest of the cycle will fly by as you know :) x

AFM- Keep getting weird sharp pains around the bones by my eye socket?! never had it before but been happening for past few days and its very odd and rather sore :( ah well got my scan tomorrow so i might mention it there and see if the meds could be causing it altho i cant see how they can! lol xxx

Hello girls, just popping in to say good luck Africa for tomorrow, praying you see lovely big follies at your scan. We just need that one precious egg, that's all it takes :hugs:

Babydust good news on your scan, hope all goes well now with stimms. So sorry to hear about your nan, life can be very unfair. I know what you are going through having experienced similar in my own family :hugs:

Melbram I would say zita west is good buy, I also got Emma Cannon 'baby making bible.' it was a bit odd in a way as it went on about your 'type' and what food to eat but it was very positive book and the overall message helped me I think.

Hello to the new girls! Lindy I never bloated with stimms and I only got twinges when I stimmed for 3 extra days at the end. I worried too but it doesn't mean anything.

Good luck everyone and lots of babydust xx:baby:

Thanks for all your responses - I think I will definately give it a go

Good luck for your scan tomorrow Africaqueen

Glad your scan went well today babydust

LindyLou, hope everything goes okay with your cycle! When are you going In for EC? :)) x

Affrica Queen, good luck with your scan 2moz!! x And your right, It only takes one egg & one sperm to make a baby so It has to be PMA all the way for us.....x How many follies did you get last time & did they test ur AMH before ur 1st cycle?

SusieSue, Hello there.....x

I'm looking forward to starting DR on Sunday now, eager to get started as I can't wait to see the end result, hopefully a baby x

Hi girls

Baby dust- great news with your scan. You must be made up to be moving forward. Thanks for the link. Mr Lewis jones told my DH to take vitamin c and vitamin e each day.

African queen- pod luck for tomorrow, I will be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi susie sue- thanks for your encouragement. Glad to know I'm it doesn't mean the menopur isn't working!

Take care girlies and keep the PMA going!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->