IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

sarah- i remember i was just twindgey hun! was in absolute shock when they said i had that many follies haha!!! was abit uncomfy tho when finishing the menopur! surprised they actually went thru wiv fresh cycle to be honest! xxx

Laura- Ooh i would LOVE a shock like that! haha x

Lindy- I have a scan tomorrow, another on fri with hopefully EC being the following mon/tue so not long now :0 x

How did you get on Africaqueen?

I had call from LWH today asking if I can get there on Wednesday for an appointment! my work is fine but dont think OH will be able to get time office due to it being such short notice. Any idea what will happen - this is my first appointment at the Hewitt - I sent the NHS funding application off on Saturday but very much doubt they would have dealt with it that quick!

Melbram- Appt takes around 5-10 mins 1st consult usually to say yes there is funding in your area and then they tell you to wait for PIE invite. If you have had one of those already they will discuss when u can get started if all test results are in. GL x

AFM- we went for scan and sadly not much difference to last cycle even with the extra amps :( i have 3 follies on the right and 3 follies on the left. 2x12mm, 2x10mm and 2x under 10. So 2 more follies than last time but slow growers so looks like 4 follies again which is exact same as last cycle :(( I am glad that i do have follies at all with the low AMH i have but would love some extra to give us more chance. Feeling gutted today but still trying to keep my PMA as i am so sure our miracle will come from this cycle and i need to stick with gut feeling rather than how bleak things are looking. I start cetrotide tomorrow an then re scan on fri with hopeful EC on the monday/tuesday god willing. Thanks for all support girls. Just praying that one egg makes our embie an brings us our miracle baby xxxx

Keep positive African queen - all you need is one good egg :) xxxx

Thanks girls.
I still have lots of PMA so im keeping the faith :)

Smile- Yes still plenty of time for the other 2 to catch up, just hoped this time we would of had around 8-10 follies to give us a better chance x

Africaqueen-those small follicles may catch up. You've still got plenty of time haven't you. Sounds like you'll get at least four and you had a great little embryo last time. I have everything crossed for you. I'm thinking they may try the short Protocol with me next time. What is the cerotide supposed to do? X x x

Thanks Cvaeh. I am keeping my good PMA just a little setback thats all :) and im used of them! lol. The cetrotide is to prevent natural ovulation occuring and also helps mature the eggs a bit faster iv heard. You take it for around 5 days an then trigger. The short protocol is giving us similar results so far so im glad we opted for it as sooo much better and faster than the long. Much less stress on the body but involves few more scans etc xxx

sarah- plenty of time for them to grow hunny!!! grow follies grow!!!!!!! im sure u will get ur lovely lil sticky embie this time round hun!!! keep up the pma!!!!!! ++++++++++ xxx

Do they always do a long protocol first?

Yes Lindy they always do 1st cycle x

Laura- Thank you for pma! i am still feeling very positive but i wont lie i am disappointed we didnt have more follies x

I'm thinking of you Africa and praying you get your miracle. You got a great quality embie last time, quality more important than quantity and you've still got a few days for the follies to grow. I got 12 eggs but had poor fertilisation so in the end the amount of eggs didn't matter as much as that one good one. Sending you lots of pma and babydust :dust: xxxxx

Hi cvah. I think the med you are talking about is like cetrorelix which is used on short protocol. It causes a rapid drop in FSH so you can stimulate quicker. Buseriline works slower so is used on long protocol. Hope that helps. Xxx

Susie- Thank you so much and so glad to see your pregnancy is progressing well x

Lindy- Good to see you know your stuff ;-) cetrotide is mainly used to prevent natural ovulation as they need to control that with trigger shot so ec can be timed 36hrs later but it also matures the eggs too x

Hi to everyone else x

AFM- Started my cetrotide jabs this morning an it bloody burns once injected! lol. I got a rash were i injected and also a hard lump under skin from build up of the meds as i injected too fast an its a bit thicker than fostimon so note to self to take my time tomorrow morning! ha. Once i rubbed the area it smoothed down an was fine tho. Still carry on taking my fostimon obviously so that still needs to be done every evening an the cetrotide every morning intill scan on fri then il be advised how long to continue or if i am ok to have trigger shot an be booked for EC :) xxx

Hey African queen- dont be too impressed, was just reading about it in zita wests book!! Was also thinking of you- she says "you may feel that a low number of eggs reduces your chance of getting pregnant, but you need to try and lose that notion- erase it from your brain. It is so important that you remain positive, and once again I remind you it is quality rather than quantity. I have seen many women who produce only one or two embryos who have been successful with their IVF, and that is what you need to hold on to. " keep that PMA!!! Xxxx

Thank you Lindy, that makes a lot of sense! LOVE Zita west! :) Bet you cant wait to get started! on our last cycle we only got 2 eggs an 1 embie but it was top grade and my womb lining was perfect etc. I think it was the emotional distress i was going thru that unsettled my body too much to maintain our embie as my mum passed away just 6wks before ET. This time around i am obviously still grieving but its under control and my body feels calmer xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->