IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Sharkey- POAS=pee on a stick :) as regards testing out the hcg just use IC hpts(internet cheapie home pregnancy tests) and once you get a negative you know the trigger has gone. It took 7 days to be gone this cycle so i know now if i test early and get my BFP that i will know its for real :) i just buy cheap tests from home bargain 2 for 89p! lol xxx

Thanks for that AQ x There are so many abbreviations It's hard to keep track of them, lol x x x

What sort of hot drinks do you girls take??? I'm currently having hot water with some honey, only reason I am asking Is that the Zita West book mentioned not to have any tea or caffeine & I am stuck with what to drink x

Lol Sharkey i know! iv been on here for 2.5yrs so well up on it now but takes a while :) xxx

Girlies, What sort of hot drinks do you girls take??? I'm currently having hot water with some honey, only reason I am asking Is that the Zita West book mentioned not to have any tea or caffeine & I am stuck with what to drink x

Thanks for wishing me luck girls. Really appreciate it.

Im so frightened i cant think straight. I dont know what i have to take with me tomorrow. iv cleaned my house about 5 times, been to see my mate who had twins a few weeks ago but i still cant shift that scared feeling. I just feel like shaking myself and saying 'get a grip'

Hi girls.

Sharkey- I've been drinking peppermint tea and lemon and ginger tree. Could've done with a nice coffee but made do with them!

Babydust- try and rest tonight and get all your energy getting those eggs ready. I will be willing you on tomorrow.

AQ- glad you are doing ok. I've not really felt anything. Odd twinge but nothing out the normal. Just hoping so much for us. Spent last 2 days on the sofa but will do hit more tomorrow. It's hard not bein able to do anything to help!!

Sharkey- i have been drinking decaffinated tea most days and allowing the odd 'real' cup of tea. I am staying off coffee till the 3mth mark has passed all being well, other than maybe 1 cup a wk. Here are the guidelines from the NHS site...

You don't need to cut out caffeine completely but don't have more than 200mg a day. The approximate amounts of caffeine found in food and drinks are:

one mug of instant coffee: 100mg
one mug of filter coffee: 140mg
one mug of tea: 75mg
one can of cola: 40mg
one can of energy drink: 80mg
one 50g bar of plain (dark) chocolate: around 50mg
one 50g bar of milk chocolate: around 25mg

Yasmine- You are bound to be terrified. The 2nd cycle is all the worse for nerves as with the 1st cycle we go into it thinking its a sure thing we will end up pregnant and then the 2nd cycle we know too well sadly that is often not the case. I will keep u in my prayers tonight and il look forward to your text tomorrow. Try and get a good nights sleep and tomorrow will be fine in'shallah x

Lindy-Yep thats the hardest part, knowing there is nothing we can do to ensure we end up pregnant... its down to nature now. Science has done its part :) x

Well girls i have felt fine but im feeling a bit panicky this evening as i have a lot of pma but im scared the heartache will be all the worse IF we dont get our BFP. Its such a hard one. Think so positively that you risk utter heartbreak again or be pessimistic but to be honest either way it doesnt make a fail any less heartbreaking so im going for the pma route :) xxx

I'm still having chocolate.... Got to have some treat ;)

Xxxx
Sending you love for tomorrow Babydust xxxx

Exactly Linda and look how many babies are born to women naturally who dont even knw they are pregnant till later on xxx

AQ, thank you for all the Info :)) Could hammer a coffee now & a huge dairy milk, mmmm I'm starring to dribble with the mention of chocolate, lol x

When do you think you will start testing Lindy / AQ?? To be honest I would be nervous testing even on OTD x

Babydust, good luck 2moz x

Sharkey- I've lived without coffee.... But chocolate NEVER!!!

To be honest I'm a bit scared of testing early. Maybe nerves will get better of me though! Don't know if I should do one to check hcg out of my system.

Lindy- If theres a chance u may test early i would test tomorrow to make sure hcg out of your system so u know the result is true. I tested at 10dp2dt last cycle which was 4 days early, did the test got a BFN an then AF arrived 10 mins later :( if i get past that mark il be testing early. It would be lovely to get to OTD this time and get a BFP of course :) I agree i can forgo coffee etc but i love choc! lol xxx

Hi girls,how's everyone doing?
Congrats to those of u that are Pupo! Couldn't believe it when I read your post Africa! Brilliant! Take it easy girls,I hope u don't go too mad during the 2ww! Lol! I always struggle during mine. Good luck and let's hope u will get your positives! x
Babydust,good luck 2moz! X

Hey lovely ladies how are you doing on dr and stimms and waiting to start?

AQ- got twilight to watch today to keep my mind occupied. How are you doing? Anymore twinges? I'm not really feeling anything- hope that something is going on in there though. Picked up a test so will see if hcg out of system.

Hey ladies. I'm messaging from my lovely and comfy hospital bed. Had ec at 8.30 with 6 eggs but they won't let me out. I ended up having a bleed during the procedure so they have inserted a tampon style pack to stop the bleed. It's been 2 and half hours and they still haven't removed it. I can't go until they have. Thankfully the pain is fine and nothing like last time. Nothing is ever easy for me :(

Just as I messaged nurse came to remove the pack. Iv got to wait another 20 mins to make sure it has stopped. I better get a bfp after all this and the little blighter better not give me any trouble when it arrives

Lindy- I am ok. Kinda. Lol. Slowing losing my mind as time goes on:wacko:
I stupidly thought 2nd time around im be better with 2ww but its much worse as this is pretty much our last chance for a long time if ever so it means everything and i am positive but also scared:blush:. I have mostly been watching films, entering comps and reading to pass time. Venturing out to the shops with my dad later for some fresh air :) x

Yasmine- I know we texted earlier but:hugs: x

Hi to Del, Babies, Foxey, Jane, Sharkey,Susie, laura and all the gang! x

AFM- Todays 'symptoms' are... congested with blood stains on tissue when i blow my nose and also lil 'heat' feeling low down. Could be my imagination or could be our embie bedding in! time will tell xxx

AQ if this little embbie has shown you anything keep the faith. He is a little fighter. Hopefully all these signs are pointing to him implanting nice and snugly!! I did test before to make sure hcg has gone- negative. I am not feeling anything, hope that's ok!

Babydust- great news on your 6 lovely eggs!!! Hopefully you will be home soon with your feet up xxxx

Hello girlies :)

Babydust, congrats on 6 eggs x

Lindy, how you getting on? Do you think you will test before 30th? Praying you will get your BFP.....X

AQ, Lets hope the symptoms ure describing are the embryo implanting, crossing everything & praying that you get your BFP x

AFM, I'm starting to sound like a teeny weeny mouse when my OH gives me the Injection, It's funny but also painfull at the same time.. Will have a word In LWH when Im there on the 29th for my base line scan x

Hi ladies well had my baseline scan and lining is perfect at 1.8mm and she even sai she could see 2-3 follies on left ovary and 3 on right so givin me a bit of hope obviously don't know if they contain any eggs but at least I've got a starter pack as the lady called it! :)) Now I'm strapping on the booster packs with the stim drugs. So far so good but know this will not be plain sailing!!

So another hurdle has been smashed and on to the next. 10 day scan booked for 30th March so let's see what happens then!!

How I everyone else doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->