IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Africaqueen- so sorry to hear your news. Take care of yourself.

Bugs - sorry to hear your last cycle wasn't successful. I've recently moved from lwh to care and am planning another cycle in may. They have suggested the short Protocol. Is that what you had? Have they given you any information about why you bleed early? I started af a week before test day and they said they would give more progesterone to me. I wondered if it indicated an immunilogical problem but its never been mentioned. Does the consultant but the embryo back with ultra sound at care? Will you be staying with care x x

Hi Cvaeh I was thinking of you the other day, well Care have never mentioned my progesterone levels as a possible reason as to why I bleed early but at the same time I don't think it is something they monitor. This time was a record for me 8dpt as soon as I started spotting I doubled my dose of progesterone but tbh I think it's too late then. I've got my follow up on the 24th April so I will ask then what they will go different.

At care unless you are egg sharing I think they always do the short protocol it's so much better. After the chemical last year we added asprin and clexane to my protocol but the same dose of Menopur.

I don't think we can afford to go with care again this cycle cost just under 6k so our next move is Cyprus. I've been quoted with north Cyprus IVF £2200 ish for ICSI (which they do as standard) and a 6 night stay in a 5 star hotel. We will have to pay for flights & meds and 1 or 2 scans seperately but I think it will cost about £3500. So we are going to have a nice holiday and hope a change of scenery makes the difference.

Did the women's have anything to say about your last cycle !!!

Oh and I am going to request injectable progesterone aswell as pessaries this time just for a change xxxx

Sorry yes they do transfer with an ultrasound xxx

Great news on the follies mrse75. Things are moving well.

Poor you melbram with your numb arm!! They usually struggle getting my bloods. Mr Ryan held my hand for ages to try and find one for the sedation!

Sharkey- how are you doing?

AQ- sending you love.

AFM- saw mr Russell. He seemed positive. He has provisionally booked my scan for 20th but has taken bloods and will call me tomorrow. Hope I sleep tonight!! Xx

Thanks bugs. They didn't say much at my follow up. I don't think they know why I'm getting such poor fertilisation rates. I did have my amh tested that came out really low and they said my eggs were poor quality even though under a microscope they had been graded as good. When I had my scan at care my count was 18 which doesn't match up with the AMH. Care queried dh's Dna fragmentation result as it was 22%. Lwh like it under 30 whereas care like it under 14%. We've both started Zita west vitamins and boost formula. So far my experience of care has been good. I just hope a change will see more success for us. We are awaiting karotype test results from the women's as problems there sometimes cause fertilisation problems according to consultant.

X x

It's so hard, I thought that once my tubes were removed it would be easy but there are so many other factors involved I don't know how anyone conceives naturally !!!

I haven't been able to fault care they have been excellent it's just the cost factor, my last resort is another egg share cycle with Care I think. I hope it goes well for you keep me updated and I'll let you know what they say at my follow up xxxx

Lindy, good luck with the blood results tomorow x OH & CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! x

So so sorry Sarah, I know there's nothing I can say or do to help, but I am thinking of you :hugs:

Good luck for the blood results tomorrow Lindy, a faint positive is still a positive so hopefully they will come back positive too :thumbup: & :hugs: to you too

xx

Great news on the follies mrse75. Things are moving well.

Poor you melbram with your numb arm!! They usually struggle getting my bloods. Mr Ryan held my hand for ages to try and find one for the sedation!

Sharkey- how are you doing?

AQ- sending you love.

AFM- saw mr Russell. He seemed positive. He has provisionally booked my scan for 20th but has taken bloods and will call me tomorrow. Hope I sleep tonight!! Xx

Good news lindy,sounds very positive. Good luck with the phone call,I have everything crossed for u Xxx

Hi to everyone,hope ur all doing well Xx
Bugs and cvaeh,sounds like we are in very similar situation! It's so hard isn't it! My AF always arrives on day 11/12! Xx

Hi girls
It a digital positive this morning but hospital have jut rang to say hcg is very low. The numbers are a positive pregnancy test but not what they would expect so need to retest later in week and may have to just wait till my scan on the 20 th. I'm so upset. Today has been a roller coaster. I though my digital positive was it now I don't know what I do with myself. Massive high to major low.

AQ I was so so sorry to read your result on here. I know there is no words at this time but I am thinking of you and although it will feel so bleak now, this won't be the end of your journey to be a mummy. You have given so much support to everyone on here, you so deserve to be pregnant. I hope your dreams do come true one day :hugs::hugs:

Lindy I hope you are ok. Are the hc going to repeat your bloods? One hcg reading doesn't tell you much, it's whether it's doubling. I would ask them to do another one, I had some early spotting and they did my bloods twice to see if it was doubling. Everything crossed for you sweetie :hugs:

Hello to everyone else xx

They said just redo POAS later in week and call them. Said I may have to wait till scan in 3 weeks. I can't be like this for 3 weeks. I might call on Monday and ask if they can redo my bloods. I'm a mess.

I would ring them Monday and explain how stressed you are and ask them to do it, it's not fair for them to leave you until the 20th. Failing that you could see if your gp would do them? Big hugs :hugs: x

Thanks susie sue. I will call them Monday. I will do another digital test tomorrow and see if it still says positive. Xx

Thank you for all your support ladies. I am just so depressed today its awful.

Lindy- I am praying this little bean sticks and the levels rise well. Hang in there x

MrsE- Wonderful news about 11 follies! shows that AMH is sometimes not worth worrying about x

Pleased to report that Laura had her baby girl Jessica today. Mother and baby are both doing well. No other info as yet but huge congrats Laura and dh! xxx

Aw AQ Im so sorry to hear that you are not having a good day. I don't wan to pretend I know how you feel and I wish there was something we could do or say to make it better for you. You have been so fantastic to everyone on here you deserve to be a mummy xx

Hang on in there xx

Lindy good luck hope your bean sticks!!!

Well I feel absolutely huge with bloating!! Also sorry to ask. It did everyone else experience and increase in CM (sorry for tmi)??

Xx

Congratulations Laura.

AFM- bfn this morning so miscarriage imminent. Feel so hollow and don't understand what has happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->