IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi all sorry had to eat and sleep when I got home I'm knackered! Anyway they didn't say what time they would call but I know based on other girls on here that it usually around 10am so I will be watching the clock no doubt!!

I just hope they are having a right old party in those dishes and getting fertilised! Lol my OH keeps saying that he hopes my eggs don't play as hard to get as I did when he was asking me out, ha,ha. I hope so too! I'm not sure how if we're having ICSI they can't fertilise it suppose that would be down to egg quality so we'll see if the royal jelly and DHEA has helped on that score.

How is everyone else doing. AQ and Lindy I'm still thinking of you both and hoping you are finding your own way to process and come to terms with your losses. Keep strong and look after yourselves xx

Melbram - any news on your tests yet?

Thanks for all the support today and fingers crossed we get great news tomorrow. I'm hoping we get a day 3 transfer but as my friend said to me better in than out!!

Night, night x

MrsE- That is fab news! 4 eggs is really great with a 0.00 amh! i only got 6 last cycle with a AMH of 2.5 so thats really great. I will pray u get a good call tomorrow. Only 1 of my 6 eggs fertllised as you know so next cycle will be ICSI for us due to egg quality issues. I hope u get at least 1 embie for transfer! GL x

Hi to everyone else and thanks for support. I am still very up and down. Next steps for us is to apply for additional funding due to my circs. FU appt is 12th June at my request with Mr Kingsland so praying we get a 3rd nhs cycle. Failing that we will be saving hard and going abroad to do next cycle next year. xxx

Hi ladies, hope your all ok. Mrse75 best of luck today, i pray u get good news.

Massive congratulations to Laura, hope you are both well.

Sharkey and jules, Hope everything goes well for you next week.

Sarah and lindy i have been thinking of you.

Afm just got back from a nice few days away in the countryside to a letter from lwh to tell us fu is on 25th april, wasnt really sure wether to go or not cuz i didnt see much point as i will have to go private on next cycle and if i go private i wont be sticking with lwh. Dh would still like to hear what they have got to say. We have decided to take a break from the whole obsession of having a baby and just enjoy life. If we still dont have our bundle of joy by next year then we will try again but until then we are dong what we want. We have listed everything we want to do and put it in a hat and when things get too much we will just pull something out of the hat and go do it.

Does anyone know what sort of tests i can ask for, it seems like the quality of my eggs is poor. I will be asking about ivm although wen i looked into it, it was mainly for wonen with ohss will defo ask tho

MrsE75: Hope you get that call soon FX for good news. Afm no appointment yet not sure how long they take to send the appointment letters out for consultation after having the blood tests?

AQ: I hope you get the extra funding you need - 3rd time lucky :thumbup: Enjoy your time out with DH until then x

Babydust: I think you should attend the appointment you will probably always be curious otherwise. Hope you and OH have a fab year together it sounds great x

Morning all. Had my call much earlier than expected. Had 4 eggs collected all 4 were mature - yay! Out of 4, 3 fertilised overnight so transfer is on Saturday!!!! I was so happy to get that call - I didn't sleep last night thinking about all the scenarios! Anyway fingers crossed looks like I will be getting a special Easter egg!

Now next hurdle is tomorrow's call about the grade. The embryologist already said we'll likely transfer one - stopped her right there and asked her to speak to Dr Russell cos I had agreed with him that if by a miracle I got 2 eggs hey we're both going back given my AMH levels and he agreed. So looks like I'll be having a fight at transfer - I've come this far now way I'm not getting my 2 embies if I'm lucky enough so bring it on!

Sorry I'm probably being over the top and sensitive but 2 months ago I was devastated that I may never have a biological child so over earned the right to my embies :)

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers xx

Babydust - I'm not sure if this helped me or not but I was taking royal jelly everyday from Christmas until I started Stim. Plus the doc I saw at HC suggested off the record I may want to start taking DHEA - ideally they want you on it 2-3 months before your cycle but time was not on my side with zero AMH so ordered it and by the time it came to EC I had been taking for just under 2 months. I did loads of research online myself and lots of info from clinics in Canada and US having good success with it - I tool 25mg 3 x a day but you can't be on it for too long. Only side effects I had was slightly greasier skin and odd spot and hair thinning at the ends.

Anyway I'm not an authroity but wanted to share what I was told and so far so good although I'm not there yet!!

Good luck with it and yes I would go to the fu appt besides you will need to get copy of your file to take to your next clinic anyway so that way you can get it yourself!

A friend of mine had IVF at Care Manchester in her 2nd cycle but didn't have nhs cycles first. She was very positive about them if that helps x

:yipee: MrsE soooooo pleased for you, really hoping you get your 2 little embies put back.

Everything is crossed for you :hugs:
xxx

:wohoo: Im going :loopy: here In work with your results..... One fertilized egg would of been good but to have three Is even better :thumbup:

OH and I have just had the conversation of either putting one or two embies back at ET and we have decided If we are fortunate enough to have two then I will demand them to put them both back In :haha: Partner was'nt overly pleased but he understood that time Is'nt on my side and my egg reserve could be fully depleted In a couple of months and I want nothing more than a biological child.......

Will be crossing everything for the call tomorrow morning now x

Good luck Sharkey will be keeping everything crossed for you too :thumbup:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

xxx

MrsE- That is wondeful!! 3 embies! wow. I only ever get 1 so that is just amazing with a AMH of 0!! so happy for you. I have been researching DHEA and i have ordered some last night so il be taking 50mg a day for 3-4mths an then hopefully start next cycle and get some decent eggs an more than 1embie xxx

AQ - so glad you are being really positive. I can't claim the DHEA has worked for me cos I've never done a cycle before but my view was that it couldn't do any harm! Good for you. And fx you get your additional funding. I'll keep everything crossed for you x

Yes I'm in a state of shock I think it doesn't really feel like its happening to me after the devastating news a few months back to here is just crazy. Maybe I'm going to prove all the doc wrong, my OH said that I'm going to be some kind of medical marvel lol!! Not sure about that but just happy and thankful to be in the position I am right now.

Fingers crossed for the next hurdle! X

Hello Everyone :)

Out of Interest, can you demand the Hewit to put two embies back or not?? I am getting a bit worried now as I haven't really mentioned this to them at all x

AQ, GL with your next cycle x

Hi girlies. Sorry not been around. Had a tough week! Spoke to hospital, the doctor who I spoke to over the weekend rang. He said he will see me for a follow up if I would like. He isn't a consultant but has taken one to phone me and taken time to talk so seeing as I haven't met a consultant yet I thought I would see him and see what he says. He seems to care and that has meant a lot. He said it is usually just "one of those things" but will go through everything that happened and if I can tweak things an if they can. He sai he would juggle the books to get me in quickly so hope to get appointment soon.

Hope you are all doing ok.

Sharkey- you can have 2put in but have to sign a disclaimer that you understand the risk of twin pregnancies

X

Great news about your embies mrsE75 :happydance: I had three as well so reckon it's a magic number :baby: If you have 2 to transfer I would defo push for that, particularly given your amh levels, I don't think they can refuse.

Hope everyone else is ok x

Africa and Lindy glad to see you back, this journey is so hard but hope you are able to look forward and it looks like you both have plans to focus on. I pray you both get your miracles xx

Babydust hope you are ok, I really like the sound of your plan. When I was TTC and going through my cycle I really tried to focus on all the other things I enjoyed/wanted to do in life and I found it really helped me. X

hi ladies, alot of u probably dont know me as i dont get on here often anymore.

Laura a huge congratulations im so pleased for u on the birth of Jessica.

Its so sad to read on here how many people are being unsuccessful, liverpool womens dont seem to have a great success rate. I cant imagine what your all going thru, as some of u know i was successful first time and Riley is 5 months old now. Hes growing so fast and taking up alot of my time.
I really do hope next time im on here there's more bfp's, just checking in to see if Laura had given birth.

Keeping everything crossed for everyone on here and also ive heard Manchesteris excellent for ivf, even tho i was successful at liverpool i have a friend who had a bad timeand went to manchester. shes now 5 months pregnant.

Good luck ladies, love to all xxx

This is torture they've not called I called them at 11am they said it was a big collection day on weds an cos it's bank hols not so many staff in but they will call me. Can't help thinking that it's bad news :(

Sorry if I'm a bit ignorant here but I thought they already called you.. is there something else that happens to your embies before they put them back in?

:hugs:

xxx

Well there seems to have been mis-communication we were told they would call us this morning when they didn't I called them and the woman was a bit off said I must have misheard cos they would only call if there is a problem and they don't grade the embryos?!?

So thy said at the moment each embryo has 4 cells and progressing as they would expect at this stage. How underwhelming I felt like shouting down the phone at the woman that can she not have any compassion for how us ladies feel an when we're told they will call we expect them to call!!!

Anyway good thing in the embies are hanging on in there xx

How is everyone else? Have a great good Friday and post tomorrow after transfer!! Then the dreaded 2ww.

Sharkey - you excited? How are the side effects?

Ahhh right so they have to see how they are progressing too, how horrible that they only call if there's a problem! They really should understand how you are feeling & a phone call doesn't take 2 minutes just to put your mind at rest.
So sorry for the stress you are having, best of luck for tomorrow :thumbup: :dust:
:hugs:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"