IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Well it was until I did these last 2 ha ha xx

Morning ladies...hope your all well.

It's day 5 of stimms today and last night I didn't get a bit of sleep . My stomach was just so uncomfortable and my ovaries were definitely letting me know they are back ! Its quite painful ... Are you allowed to take paracetamol ? I feel like my stomach is also full of air ! Hope it eases cos got a busy week artwork but got a feeling it won't :)

Xx

Jules - ah welcome to the bloated and windy part of the process. Yes you can take paracetamol and remember its a good thing cos means the drugs are doing their thing. I have to tell you I was bloated and full of wind pretty much until the last few days and I'm now 7dp5dt! So got til thurs to wait to find out but Im not sleeping either think I'm just subconsciously aware and waking up at 5 every morning since I got my embryos back - very strange!

Was a but worried cos Friday night and sat I had period type pains which came and went on and off but though AF was on her way but so far we're ok - now on knicker watch ha,ha! Lots of pains and aches but all could be progesterone so have to see x

Have a good day everyone x

Well everyone, we're on our way home...... EC went okay, bleeding a bit and slight discomfort.... To the most exciting part, we had 7 eggs which the embryologists were quite surprised about and so were we :) I had gone In there hoping for 1 egg but to get 7 I am totally ecstatic :)) Can't wait for the call tomorrow now to say that they have fertilised x x

Hope everyone Is okay? X

Oh Mrse it's lovely to hear its normal ! It just came out of nowhere as I hadn't really felt anything ! Thanks for putting my mind at rest ! Go for 1st scan this wed so fingers crossed all going ok !! It's so glamorous this ivf isn't it ha !
Thurs will be here in no time ... But I'm sure it doesn't feel like that ! I'm keeping everything crossed that AF stays well away ! In the little white book it says period type pain is normal doesn't it ?
Hope you are keeping occupied and trying to not think about it 24 hours .... I'm a fine one to talk because that's exactly what I would be doing lol !!!!

Xx

Congrats sharkey that's fantastic news ! Everything crossed for call tomorrow !! Have a lovely rest today ! Xx

Thank you Jules :) Hope your okay? x x

Hellooooooo Lindy, I hope you both are doing ok? x x

Sharkey - that's fantastic news you will definately have some good quality eggs in there. And they told us both our AMH was zero and probable we didn't have any eggs hey - just shows tests are not always right! Got my fingers crosses for you and if you have enough eggs you may get your Blasto too! Amazing for you :))) if you feel anything like me I was bloated, windy and constipated for about 3 days hopefully not the same for you x

Jules - yep you are all good and fingers crossed for your scan too! ooooh was a busy week we'll be having on this thread this week - bring on the BFPs!!!

I know thurs is not long away but yes it feels like forever right now but got a busy day tomorrow and weds in work so hopefully it will fly by!

Mrs e have you done any early POAS- I didn't.

Sharkey- put your feet up and treat yourself to some chocolate. Hopefully get a great report in the morning.

Hey bugs- I have another nhs cycle to go. They have booked my FU 21st may although they said would get me in quickly... Rang again today and said tying to get Richard to sort his clinics out. Just heard lots of people talking about CARE and want to go the place I will have best chance.

Going to see acupuncturist tonight. So hopefully get a boost from that.

Had fu brought forward to 30th April. Not with richard, with somebody called Lucy. Got to get my questions ready!

If its Lucy Coyne she's lovely I saw her once and she did my EC. Good luck x

Yes she's pregnant - that's the lady. I had a consultation with her in the women's before I got referred to HC an she was lovely and very helpful. She was the one that referred me actually in the end.

MrsE75; Thank You!!! I honestly can't believe we had 7 eggs :happydance: they were only expecting 3 good size follicles for EC..... Totally amazed Is an understatement, I'm jut hoping & praying that we will get at least one fertilised embryo In the morning, anything more than that will be a bonus for us x The embryologist did say as we were leaving that the AMH test Is quite controversial given the results I had, all we need to do now Is to prove them all wrong by getting our :bfp: and that ladies with AMH of 0.00 are good candidates for IVF!! In the end we did do ICSI..... Im praying what your experencing are postive signs, will you poas before thursday? xx

Jules - will be keeping my fingers & toes crossed for your scan this week! I'm sure you will be fine, which scan are you having? xx

Lindy; good luck with your FU.... Dr Coin Is very good, we had her at our consultation.... I did suspect she was pregnant, only had a teeny bump!! Will you be staying at Hewitt or going to Care for your 2nd cycle? I've been doing acupuncture since November, did you do It also? xx

AFM; I've now got my feet up relaxing.... OH cant stop jibbering, I think he's to excited so I might go for a snooze in a bit :haha: x x

Oh great. Hopefully I can get some advice and guidance for next time to make it work :) FX touch wood. X

Congrats Sharkey hope you gets some good embies x

Mrs E - roll on Thursday - I dont think I could wait that long if I ever get that far I will definately be testing early

Hi to everyone else x

AFM still waiting for initialy consultation appointment - any idea how long it normally takes for blood tests to come back so consultation can be arranged?

Hi Sharkey - I'm really temped to test on weds but Hubby wants me to wait until thurs - his view is that we've done everything they've told us up to now and it's gone right so we should stick with them now. I've been very optimistic and booked an appt with my doc on Fri hoping they will do a blood test to confirm either way! That's what you call PMA!!

I'm sure with ICSI you will get a good fertilisation rate you may get some for the freezer. Our 3rd didn't make it to the freezer in the end it stopped just short so implanted the correct embies. I got a call today to say they were sendin out our DVD from the Embryoscope - should be quite amazing to watch so looking forward to that later this week! Make sure you ask for yours if you went with Embryoscope x

Lindy - think you will find Lucy a good person to talk to. Also not sure if you've looked into it but not sure it's easy to get your funding moved to somewhere like Care I originally was looking at it for my 1st cycle when found out about my AMH even went to see my doc and he said he can write but had no idea how quickly they would make a decision hence as time was of the essence for my AMH levels we went with HC. Anyway just thought I would share with you the things I found out. Good luck with wherever you decide on x

MrsE75; I would be testing everyday :haha: I can undestand what ur hubby Is saying though, but hey we are women & we are very Impatient little things!! We have to keep the PMA going, will be praying for you on thursday :) x

I'm hoping we do get a good ICSI fertilisation report In the morning, the matron said last week It was upto the embryologist on the day If they did ICSI, so I assume we've made the right choice!! If we get some for freezing then we shall put only one embie back In, OH Is worried about multiples :haha: I'm not, I would love twinies :) Are you worried about the risk of multiples? I will be looking forward to watching the DVD, just hoping we shall get that far as It would be amazing to see.....x x

Melbram; when did you do your bloods? I would call them first thing, the amount of people that walk through them doors I can Imagine that a few couples do slip through the net x x

Sharkey - cos of my AMH plus I'm 36 I was happy to risk twins if it's that or none I'll take twins thanks! Also I read somewhere that unless you've got a couple of embryos to freeze they don't bother cos around 25% are lost during the process so rather risk twins than have had to get rid of a perfectly good embryo - cant explain but when you see them you feel protective well I did anyway. Lol!! They ask you if you want to see them just before they transfer them - I cried, silly but I felt like they were part of us even so small. Anyway I will see if I can hang on until Thursday! Fingers crossed for BFP x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->